The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode Seven Preview (with pictures)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-14-01, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode Seven Preview (with pictures)"
****Warning... this thread contains major plot spoilers of the season finale of Love Cruise. Do NOT read if you don't want to be surprised on Tuesday night. You have been warned.****

First, I will post the preview itself... my reply to this post will contain all of the spoiler/speculation analysis... but I think that the pictures speak for themselves... do not read any replies to this post if you do not want the episode spoiled for you.

Preview Transcript
Announcer: Next week, on the shocking conclusion of the Love Cruise...
Jeanette: It was me and you in that room, and that is what you said to me.
Toni: To say that I would do that is wrong!
Anthony: I love it, it's beautiful.
Melissa: You act like you're a righteous man.
Anthony: Because I am a righteous man.
Melissa: You're... well, you're a joke.
Justin: We're gonna put one more couple in the finals.

01:
02:
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Analysis sleeeve 10-14-01 1
   RE: Analysis Outfrontgirl 10-14-01 2
       RE: Analysis airwolf 10-17-01 11
   RE: Analysis supershirll 10-14-01 3
   RE: Analysis realityjunkie 10-14-01 6
   RE: Analysis Vivian 10-14-01 7
   RE: Analysis AresMars 10-15-01 9
   I am a sucker for sleeeve George Tirebiter 10-16-01 10
 love the one you're with boomerang 10-14-01 4
   RE: love the one you're with Outfrontgirl 10-14-01 8
 RE: Episode Seven Preview (with pic... candle 10-14-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-14-01, 04:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-01 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

Final Warning: Contains intense speculation and may contain spoilers of the season finale of Love Cruise... do not continue to read if you want to be surprised by the final outcome.

Okay, before I begin, I've said for a while that Anthony, Mike, and Toni must be in the finals with Toni and either Mike or Anthony as the winning couple...

Well, I was wrong... DEAD WRONG!!!

I also made some predictions immediately after watching Ep6 (before I had time to let things digest)... ignore those, too...

I'll explain later...

Face time is crucial in deciding who will eventually win the show. There is no way that the producers would have someone win that has had little face time. We've seen that there have been cameras on loser island... if someone from loser island were going to come back to win, they would have showed more footage of the island before now. The only person that we've really seen from the island is Lisa (and she was only sorta featured... probably because she's much less emotional than the rest of the losers, and had a decent interview that they could use).

Okay... let's take a look at the vidcaps that we're given of the finale:

Vidcaps 1 through 6 are the continuation of the "bug-eyed" fight that was "To be continued" at the end of last week's episode.

Vipcaps 7-9 are clearly from the jury. Anthony is on the jury (and is therefore NOT in the finals).

Anthony is asking Melissa questions... notice that for a split second (Vidcap #9) Darin leans into the shot (something that I think slipped by the editors, cause it's very quick!!!)

Okay... so that tells us what happens with one of the switch cards... Darin chooses not to use his (duh!!!) and takes Melissa to the finals.

But what about Jeanette... if you study the vidcaps, there are NO vidcaps of Jeanette... so what did she choose to do???

Well, before we look at this, let's think about Justin's statement that a third couple will be added to the finals.

I have two takes on this:

1) There will be a final couple's competition, and the group will be required to couple up and compete for the chance to be in the finals.

2) For the jury vote, the singles are told that they must form couples, and that each couple will only have one vote between them... but after the couples are formed, Justin suddenly puts one of them back into the finals. I'm leaning toward this choice, and I'll explain why in a sec.

Either way, the group will be required to form couples one last time:

First, look at vidcap12:

It's obvious that Anthony and Andrea are partners (which might make sense, considering Anthony's defense of Andrea... "You've hurt people... maliciously")... but look closer... in the bottom right corner... see that orange shirt??? That's the shirt Mike is wearing!!!

Okay, now look at vidcap16:

Mike is seen in this vidcap, but it's impossible to tell who he's with... however, given both 12 and 16 together, I think we can assume that Mike is in the re-coupling competition, and not hanging out with the group of finalists. (Oh yeah... and Gina and Adrian are together).

So... Jeanette switches out Michael (shown saying goodbye in vidcap#19, here)... for who???

Well, from Vidcap13, Toni and Greg are together (duh!!!):

and, from Vidcap15, Laura and Tony are together (duh!!!):

Also, apparently Lisa and Bob are together (vidcap14... but what's in her hand???)

That leaves only Ralph... and here's where he finds out that Jeanette has put him into the finals:

Now, by default, Mike and Tomiko are the other couple.

What I think happens is that, after the couples are chosen, Justin announces that, since Mike was switched out, he and his partner automatically get to be in the finals.

This takes care of two things:
-fixes problem with fairness of being switched out at the end.
-ensures no jury ties (a total of 5 votes... anyone with 3 wins... if there is a 2-2-1 tie, there will be a run-off between the couples with the most votes, with the last vote weighing in).

Okay... so this puts the finals with Darin, Ralph, and Mike.

There is a shot of Darin and Melissa on the launch, going out to sea (one shot, but took two vidcaps (17&18) of it to show both Darin and Melissa):

There are two possible interpretations... Darin and Melissa win, and are taken out to sea, while the rest stay on loser island, or everyone is taken out to sea, while the winners stay behind.

Judging by Melissa's expression (and she lets out a quiet, sad sigh), they have not won (and there's no reason for them to be out at sea until AFTER the final jury vote)... so... Mel and Darin lose.

Even if you disagree on that point, I'd like to look at face time, again, and see how it figures into the finals:

The strongly featured LC'ers:

Anthony-- ends up inciting Jeanette/Toni fight that will help to decide the game... also appears to attack Melissa in the vidcap, possibly influencing other jury votes.

Toni-- the huge fight today will drastically alter the final outcome of the game... first, she makes Jeanette nervous enough to trade partners (and ditch Mike). Her vote will also be a crucial turning point.

Mike-- He was featured in Ep1 as the fat loser that no one liked... then, slowly, he's grown on all of his peers. Now, he appears to be well-liked, and was forgiven by everyone that was mad at him, except Anthony (strategy???), Toni, and Andrea.

I really cannot see how Mike can lose this... since Anthony and Toni's purposes are to be the Susan Hawk and Jerri Manthey of LC, and Darin and Ralph were very under-developed characters, I think that Mike MUST win. Who couldn't feel sorry for Mike that night that he had to eat alone?!??!?...

Also note that the night that he kissed Lisa, they could have edited him to look like a bad guy... using a kiss to try to influence votes... instead, they edited him to look like a good player, and made Lisa look like the confused, conniving b!tch.

Even if you don't believe my theory that couples must vote together, I still believe that the evidence points to a Mike victory.

Here's how I forsee the voting:

Tony/Laura vote for Darin/Melissa because they are the "true couple"

Bob/Lisa vote for Ralph/Jeanette because, as Lisa said on loser island last episode, she'd rather see Jeanette win than see Mike lose... although this way she can get both.

Adrian/Gina vote for Mike/Tomiko, because Adrian and Tomiko are close friends, and Tomiko says on her website that she was loyal to him, and saved him on several occasions from being booted.

Anthony/Andrea vote for Darin/Melissa because Andrea won't vote for Jeanette (who Toni is pissed at) and neither one of them want to vote for Mike because he hurt Andrea... maliciously.

In a huge surprise, Greg/Toni vote for Mike (despite the fact that Toni hates him, according to the speech that she gave on the boat). Toni is more upset and Jeanette and Melissa (thanks to Anthony's little game) and isn't about to vote for either of them.

Lisa and Bob are forced to break the tie between Mike/Tomiko and Darin/Melissa. Lisa had her talk with Mike where they agreed to forgive each other before she left the boat, and ultimately Toni's shouting match hurt both Lisa's and Bob's opinion of Melissa. Mike and Lisa have always been friends, and this wins her over (with Bob in tow).

Congratulations, clown. It couldn't have happened to a better spinning head.

I really hope I'm right, because for the first time since Ep1, I actually think you're gonna win this thing.

That's it for my theories for this show, this season... For those of you that kept posting that you loved my theories... thanks for the ego boost... if you want more, I strongly suggest that you join us all over on the Survivor Spoiler forum (at http://www.survivorblows.com)...

What you've seen here will pale in comparison to the spoiler talent we have working on that show.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Outfrontgirl 5470 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-01, 04:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-01 AT 04:52 AM (EST)

Sleeeve, this is great work.
Especially impressive how you pick out Ralph's moment of being chosen and call that the J/Mike hug is goodbye, not loyalty. (And for that she should lose.)

I must say this game has the all time stupidest rules. I am touched by your optimism that fairness will make Justin pick the switched out finalist. I too think it's fair, let's see if this silly game is fair.

As for voting in couples, sure, why not? More potential for conflict if a couple has trouble agreeing.

I have one question about two of the votes you outline, which seem to contain a lose-lose situation for Andrea and Anthony.
You predict:

>>Anthony/Andrea vote for Darin/Melissa because Andrea won't vote for Jeanette (who Toni is pissed at) and neither one of them want to vote for Mike because he hurt Andrea... maliciously.

>>In a huge surprise, Greg/Toni vote for Mike (despite the fact that Toni hates him, according to the speech that she gave on the boat). Toni is more upset and Jeanette and Melissa (thanks to Anthony's little game) and isn't about to vote for either of them.

I buy the idea that Toni is more mad at the two girls than Mike and that Greg will vote however Toni decides.

I think Anthony and Andrea will each have strong opinions.
Anthony doesn't like Jeanette or Melissa and probably dislikes Ralph. Although he's down on Mike, he seems more ticked off at Melissa at the end. He seems to like Tomiko, and might want her to win.

Here's where I have a question about your picks: If Andrea's vote goes along Toni party lines, wouldn't she also have nixed Jeannette and Melissa? Leaving Mike as the only choice, same as with Toni? I can see the women voting FOR Tomiko, who has pissed none of them off that I know, rather than FOR Darin, because they write him off as manipulated by Melissa.
Since Mike and Tomiko recouple only at the end, even if Mike's not rehabilitated with everyone, he will not taint Tomiko.

When it comes down to it, the women's main anger seems to go towards either 1)a woman who lied or manipulated their way into the finals instead of them; 2) a man who they thought was a real love connection who chose someone else.

Andrea never connected with Mike on a romantic level, only as an ally, so he never betrayed her in that way.

You can pretty much reverse that with the men. Anthony seems to have connected at the end with Tomiko; he dislikes Jeannette, who came back to the boat to throw him off, even though she didn't (he must know her feelings towards him); he sees Melissa as the biggest phony of all because she seemed genuinely sweet until near the end.

Mike did not get Anthony ousted; A lost over his inability to squeeze enough fruit, well, I won't go there... Anthony probably got pissed at the Toni/Ralph plot more recently than the Mike alliance, and may hate Ralph more, and even if he wanted to get behind Darin, I don't think he or Andrea will agree to give it to Melissa.

In the end, Melissa will lose because she was too close to being Little Miss Perfect, but horrors, she was revealed as a playa.

This game is so weird. The two unforgivable admissions are 1) you treat it as a game to be played and are playing it; 2) you actually WANT to win. How ignoble!

I agree that Mike is in the finals. Hope he wins, as he did play the best. Tomiko's probably my favorite of the girls, so I'm definitely rooting for her.

Thanks again for your immense contribution for us here, sleeeve.

Btw, I have to tease you on this. Your original header says
"Do Not Read if you DON'T Want To Be Surprised, which implies that one should read your predictions and then Be Surprised...
I know, a typo...

airwolf 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-17-01, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail airwolf Click to send private message to airwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Analysis"
Re your question about Vidcap#14 - Lisa & Bob. I suspect what Lisa has in her hand, is one of the cards they were asked to use, for voting on a couple.

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-14-01, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail supershirll Click to send private message to supershirll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Analysis"
Good analysis!

I have been saying this week that somehow Michael has to win. The producers have spent so much time justifying all of his actions. When others do something that might be questionable, the producers allow the audience to think that the person is evil. But eventhough Mike is accused of being evil, he is not portrayed as evil (if you visit other sites you can see the turn around in the audience rooting for Michael). This with face time makes me think Michael will win.

The rules are so convoluted. I don't know if you are right about how Mike wins, but I agree that he wins. And I would be happy if Tomiko was the one to win with him!

realityjunkie 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-14-01, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityjunkie Click to send private message to realityjunkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Analysis"
Sleeve,
I hope that you are right, however, I am disturbed by the "joy" in Gina's face in #16. I think that it might mean that she and Adrian are in the finals and the dispondent look on Mike's face might mean that he is not.

Vivian 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-01, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Vivian Click to send private message to Vivian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Analysis"
Thank you soooo much Sleeeves!!!

You are so good in this!

See ya
Vivian^_-

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-15-01, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Analysis"
Great analysis Sleeeve but I can't see Jeanette taking Up Chuck because of his relationship with Phoni-Toni. I agree she might bump Mike but I can't see that either.
If I understand your theory correctly you are saying Mike is in the Finals after being bumped because he had earned a spot as a couple. If this were true then there would have to be allowed a fourth couple because if both switchers bumped their partners then they would re-couple with someone and both bumpees would be in the final bringing the number to four. It could be that if both switchers bumped their partners then the bumpees would have to recouple with each other but that is even further out there.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-16-01, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I am a sucker for sleeeve"
. . . or else he really IS brilliant!

Honestly, sleeevie--if you haven't figured this out, it's not for lack of effort. . . It's just that you are trying to spoil the unspoilable! Attributing logic to something with none? Too hard, my friend.

I was going to kick myself for voting before I read this, but I guess it doesn't really matter. My only regret is that I wasted a week of valuable S3 time on this dreck. . . Now--on to the main event!

GT

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-14-01, 06:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail boomerang Click to send private message to boomerang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "love the one you're with"
I admire your tenacity in trying to figure this whole thing out. I lost all faith and hope for this show when they had a freakin juice squeeze-off to determine who would stay. The only other comment I want to make is about your vidcap #16, and your wondering who Mike is with. Well, he's with the one he loves the most; himself! Looks to me like he's having a private moment.

Outfrontgirl 5470 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: love the one you're with"
Boomer--
When you said--
>>I lost all faith and hope for this show when they had a freakin juice squeeze-off to determine who would stay.

Amen! You expressed my disgust perfectly. Talk about not rewarding good playing and strategy--the finals come down to that lame, lame, bump and grind competition?

candle 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-01, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail candle Click to send private message to candle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode Seven Preview (with pictures)"
Great job sleeve! I actually think I like your theory the best... I definitly want Mike to win... couldn't figure out how he could with the current set up. Tomiko and Mike together make a wonderful winning team. Can't wait to see if your right. Here's hoping~~~~~!!!!!

Candle

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •