The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

monkemon 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-10-01, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail monkemon Click to send private message to monkemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-01 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

Please interpret this post as a fun post meant to ignite a discussion on why jeanette should/shouldnt win and NOT commentary on what age is appropriate for having kids

WARNING
Comments made on this post are directed at TV's JEANETTE. I dont know any of you so understand i am not talking about your parents and what they were doing at 19 (but for some reason a few paranoid people dont get that). Amazingly enough, a disclaimer like this is required for people to not take this post personally.
WARNING

Argh. i just saw the 2nd to last episode and im pissed that jeanette is still there. I'll start with why i think she shouldnt win.

Michael, Mellissa, Toni, Anthony and ralph are all playing the game exactly how it should be played. Maybe theyre making friends but maybe theyre just strategizing. Who cares. The point is that they got that far by being intelligent, trustworthy and a bit evil. But then that stupid stupid switch and jeanette is on the boat. Jeanette has been playing EVERYONE (even 90% of the viewers) because she brought out the biggest manipulation weapon around. "i am a single mom with a daughter". OH PLEASE! Everyone now seems to think "give it to jeanette because of her kid and mom" but that doesnt make sense. This isnt celebrity millionaire where you hope the winner gives the money to a good charity. This is about playing and winning for yourself and bringing up the kid thing is just dirty because it attacks every peice of guilt anybody there has. I really dont think a 32yr old with a 13yr old daughter (do the math to see what a slut she was)should be the deciding factor on who really should win. it should be about who played the best and is the most likeable. that is not paranoid over-reacting jeanette. Bribe or not, bugg-eyed toni offered her money because she fell for the "my poor 13 year old baby" scam and IF toni won she wouldve been real and paid off. Is that really dirty? Then for jeanette to turn on her and consider it a bribe and get angry is horrible. just like when she overreacted about adrian. Thats the person all you people want that prize money going to?

Now who i think should win but wont because jeanette is already locked in with the emotion votes. Melisa is my choice because even though shes a bit underhanded she has always came out and said she does indeed have a boyfriend, shes been pretty honest about her manipulating (as opposed to dirty michael) and shes paired up with the one person everyone thinks deserves to win. Calm, cute naive darrin.

What do you think?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... Babbalicious 10-10-01 1
   Clue for sale dangerkitty 10-10-01 5
       Re: Clue For Sale Babbalicious 10-12-01 38
           RE: Re: Clue For Sale Thrill Seeker 10-12-01 39
               RE: Re: Clue For Sale Drive My Car 10-12-01 40
   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... southgal1 10-10-01 6
       RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... Brooke 10-12-01 29
           RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... monkemon 10-12-01 35
   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... AresMars 10-10-01 8
   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... PepeLePew13 10-10-01 9
   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... Island Fella 10-12-01 41
 Counterpoint realitybites 10-10-01 2
 RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... Needjah 10-10-01 3
   Why Melissa shouldn't win Thrill Seeker 10-10-01 4
 RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... AresMars 10-10-01 7
   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... PepeLePew13 10-10-01 10
       RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... monkemon 10-11-01 11
           Monkemon...you're killing me! Monkeyboy 10-11-01 12
           RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... PepeLePew13 10-11-01 13
               RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... monkemon 10-11-01 14
                   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My v... monkemon 10-11-01 15
                       RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My v... Drive My Car 10-11-01 16
                           RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My v... managerr 10-11-01 17
                           RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My v... monkemon 10-12-01 26
                       RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My v... Tinkerbell 10-11-01 21
 RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... Pit1971 10-11-01 18
   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... monkemon 10-12-01 25
 RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... candle 10-11-01 19
   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... Drive My Car 10-11-01 20
   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... MandyM 10-11-01 23
       RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... monkemon 10-12-01 27
           RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... PepeLePew13 10-12-01 28
               RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead monkemon 10-12-01 32
                   RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead PepeLePew13 10-12-01 33
                       RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead monkemon 10-12-01 34
                           RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead PepeLePew13 10-12-01 36
                               RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead monkemon 10-12-01 37
           RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... Drive My Car 10-12-01 30
               RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... monkemon 10-12-01 31
                   RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... Kramer 10-13-01 42
                       RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... monkemon 10-13-01 43
                           Monkemon is diowned by the munkypeo... Monkeyboy 10-13-01 44
                               RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munk... monkemon 10-13-01 45
                                   RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munk... Drive My Car 10-13-01 46
                                       RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munk... Kramer 10-13-01 47
                                           RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munk... Drive My Car 10-13-01 48
                                               RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munk... PepeLePew13 10-14-01 49
 RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... Libby487 10-11-01 22
 RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even... candle 10-12-01 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Babbalicious 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-10-01, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Babbalicious Click to send private message to Babbalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Ok, monkemon -- I was glad to see your message, because I cannot believe that the message board is not crammed full of Jeanette slams!!! Toni, being herself, may be a total phony, you know crying one minute, hugging everyone, etc. But did she ever, actually *bribe* Jeanette? I mean, I can remember Toni asking Jeanette if she would *take* half of the money if Toni won, but SERIOUSLY did you ever actually hear her say, "I will give you $20,000 if you get yourself voted off"?!?!?! I did not miss one minute of the show, neither did my friends who watched it and we cannot recall that ever happening! IS Jeanette just a big, fat liar? Did she make that up? Were those tears real? Toni may or may not have been sincere when she told her she'd give her half of her winnings to take care of her cold, hungry daughterm but there is no way she tried to bribe her. No one on that show is that stupid!!! Like you could win by trying to bribe people!!!! Come on!! Whew....just needed to vent. And if you do "do the math" that would make Jeanette 19 when she had her daughter....that's not really too awful in a day when 12 year olds are giving birth, but like you said, don't be airing it on the show for sympathy!!!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dangerkitty 1912 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-10-01, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Clue for sale"
But did she
>ever, actually *bribe* Jeanette?
>I mean, I can remember
>Toni asking Jeanette if she
>would *take* half of the
>money if Toni won, but
>SERIOUSLY did you ever actually
>hear her say, "I will
>give you $20,000 if you
>get yourself voted off"?!?!?!
>I did not miss one
>minute of the show, neither
>did my friends who watched
>it and we cannot recall
>that ever happening!

Newsflash: They don't air every minute of what happens! You knew that, right? The scene where Toni asks Jeanette to "take" half the money "if" Toni wins does not remotely resemble what Jeanette described - that scene was not shown at all. That would have taken place AFTER Toni and Ralph paired up and agreed to go to the end together - Jeanette said that Toni said: "If you go tell all the guys to vote you off, Ralph and I will give you $20,000 when Ralph and I win."

IS
>Jeanette just a big, fat
>liar? Did she make
>that up?

Sure, it's possible. But what I said above still holds - she is not describing the scene that we did see.

> No one on that
>show is that stupid!!!

Ummm...ya think not?

>Like you could win by
>trying to bribe people!!!!
>Come on!!

Ummm...ya think not?

dangerkitty

Babbalicious 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-01, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Babbalicious Click to send private message to Babbalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Re: Clue For Sale"
Newsflash***~~~~*** My questions and reply to monkemon's post were directed to monkemon. You knew that, right?

But I would like to thank you, Miss Cleo, for your insight as to what is actually taking place when the cameras aren't rolling.
You seem a little hostile and uptight. You may want to loosen up that turban. Ya think?

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-12-01, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Re: Clue For Sale"
I think I'll pull up a chair because I think we're about to see a second battle start up on this thread. This one will be the female catfight version.
This could be thrilling.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-01, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Re: Clue For Sale"
**pulls a chair up next to Thrill**
**Hands him a cold one**

You know the Fox board was full of agressive argumentative morons, I hope none of them came over here.

southgal1 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-10-01, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail southgal1 Click to send private message to southgal1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
I don't think we were shown nearly all of the "20,000 conversation"; so it is impossible for us to know who is telling the truth. Either Jeanette is making it up completely, or Toni is using a deny, deny, deny, strategy. It is easier for me to believe that while Jeanette may be exaggerating, Toni probably did make some sort of offer. We have seen Toni turn on Michael who she was in alliance with and blatantly lie to the Loser Island castmates that she volunteered to leave the boat in place of Jeanette.
Also, it seems like Toni and Andrea are making much more of an issue about Jeanette's single motherhood than Jeanette herself is. They are using Jeanette's situation to make themselves look like martyrs. "Jeanette needs the money more, we'll let her win" so to speak. But they only showed this attitude after they were off the ship, so I don't think it is sincere.

Ultimately, I think it will be Darrin and Melissa holding on to win by a narrow margin. I think Toni and Andrea still have some respect for Melissa since she succeeded in using the alliance to her advantage, while Toni and Andrea could never really work it tot here advantage. Darrin has not really offended anyone, so he will become the lesser of two (three) evils for the voters.

Brooke 36 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-01, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brooke Click to send private message to Brooke Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Jeannette is obnoxious! Who cares about her litter at home, when folks win the lottery do they say, "Uh I think I'll forfeit because someone I've known for only a month needs it more?" Puhleeze. I'm still pissed with her for making such a big stink about Adrian. She's a brat, she and Toni deserve each other (though I hope the BIG BOOBIE/ I mean BuLLY / gives her a good whacking in that argument of theirs. Go Darrin and Melissa WHOOHOO!

10-12-01, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail monkemon Click to send private message to monkemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Yeah, that last scene was intense. Im really surprised it didnt come to blows because both of them are the ones that get wound up so quick. Does anyone think it may have been scripted? I really hope not because it definitely was the shining moment for anthony.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Jeanette made reference to the conversaton having taken place in the cabin and Toni-Baloney did not disagree that a conversation did take place there. The offer from Toni-Baloney to split was made on the deck so there are two different discussions taking place here.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

PepeLePew13 21243 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"

>No one on that show is that stupid!!!
>Like you could win by trying to bribe people!!!!

Well, to a lesser degree, it happened on Survivor-2 with Tina offering to help Elisabeth set up a foundation and going in together with Colby on the motorcycle bet. It's not an actual bribe or anything like that, but 'promises' were made...

Yes, people are THAT stupid, frankly.

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

Island Fella 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-01, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Island%20Fella Click to send private message to Island%20Fella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Sorry, but I miss the reasoning here. Could it be because there's none?

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-10-01, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Counterpoint"
Your points are noted, but I respectfully disagree with your conclusion. I think that Jeanette will stick with Michael, and if that's true, then there are enough people that don't like them that they won't win.

Toni and Andrea, I'm pretty sure, WILL NOT vote for Michael or anyone with Michael. They dislike him that much.

Adrian and Ralph feel the same about Jeanette - they WILL NOT vote for her or anyone with her.

That's four votes out of 12 (I'm assuming the finalists can't vote for themselves), leaving very little room for error.

I'm not sure how the threatened third couple will work, but I think it would make Jeanette's chances even lower.

I just don't see how she can win, with or without Michael.

Needjah 10 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Needjah Click to send private message to Needjah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT JEANETTE. THE FACT THAT SHE IS A SINGLE PARENT, SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR. IF THAT WERE THE CASE, WHY PLAY THE GAME, JUST GIVE HER THE MONEY.

I WAS VERY HAPPY TO SEE TONI'S OVER EMOTIONAL TAIL VOTED OFF. THAT GIRL NEEDS TO SEEK HELP ON AN INPATIENT BASIS. IT WAS GOOD TO SEE ANTHONY GO, AS WELL. I WAS SHOCKED THEY VOTED RALPH OFF THOUGH.

MY WISHES FOR THE WINNERS ARE DARIN OR GREG FOR THE MEN. FOR THE WOMEN IT'S A LITTLE HARDER, BUT I GUESS IT WOULD BE BETWEEN MELISSA OR TOMIKO. MAYBE EVEN LAURA. THEY ARE THE ONLY WOMEN THAT DIDN'T WORK MY NERVES.

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Why Melissa shouldn't win"
As for the so called "bribe", apparently the conversation they showed us was just a small part of it becuase both Toni and Jeannette knew about the "$20,000 discussion", but we never heard any mention of $20,000. I don't think I know enough to make a call as to who is a liar this time.

On a totally different issue, I guess I'm not a Melissa fan because she never smiles. She never has any other look on her face but that grouchy, frowny, pouty face. Tomiko always seems upbeat, cheerful, and doesn't cause trouble, so I think I would prefer Tomiko to win the money.

Also, Darin does seem a little more naive and easy going than the rest of the guys so I wouldn't mind him winning.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Okay Dorkweed you made a lot of great comments except one. When you start generalizing that anyone who was 19 and becomes a parent is a slut I have to take exception to that. I think you need to keep your analysis to the facts and not apply your bigoted attitude to the situation.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

10-10-01, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
yeah... I guess my mom is a tramp and a slut because she had my sister when she was 19 -- never mind that she already was an university graduate and had married my father the previous year.

You (Dorkweed, whatever the name is) probably said that because you were so immature at 19 that it was inconceivable to you, but there are others who are quite mature for their age and know what they are doing (like my mom who went to university at 16).

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"

10-11-01, 00:33 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-01 AT 00:53 AM (EST)

---DISCLAIMER---
First off, calm down. Jeanette is a person who chose to put her life on television so my speculations on her are directed ONLY to her. Not your mom, your half sisters, your long lost cousins or your highschool homeroom teachers. I dont think i should have to defend my post but i will because its a shame that people can be offended by words clearly pointed at TV's Jeanette.

<<< Okay Dorkweed you made a lot of great comments except one. When you start generalizing that anyone who was 19 and becomes a parent is a slut I have to take exception to that. I think you need to keep your analysis to the facts and not apply your bigoted attitude to the situation.>>>

<<<yeah... I guess my mom is a tramp and a slut because she had my sister when she was 19 -- never mind that she already was an university graduate and had married my father the previous year.
You (Dorkweed, whatever the name is) probably said that because you were so immature at 19 that it was inconceivable to you, but there are others who are quite mature for their age and know what they are doing (like my mom who went to university at 16).>>>

Ares, pepelepew and whoever else is offended.

You just answered your own angry comments with your parents story. Your parents were married and in love and had a child. That is fine. Is jeanettes story different? YES! Jeanette wasnt a rape victime because she had a relationship with the father of the kid (who split by the time the kid was born). The father of her baby didnt care and he was a deadbeat dad. She had the kid and raised him alone as a single mom for the kids whole life. So the only speculated guesses we can make on her life at that age is that she was in a relationship with someone that obviously didnt care about her or what happens, but still had a kid with him. That is a direct result of stupidity and is very much unlike your parents.

Now in that situation is it 100% the guys fault when she gets pregnant? NO! It is 50% the girls too because sex is a mutual action so single moms shouldnt be viewed as martyrs and victims. They are people whose lack of thinking created a terrible result. We all can agree that stupid mistakes in our jobs or school are not rewarded and do not entitle you to special benefits. Having a baby as a result of stupidity is a differnt story. They are rewarded by recieving more breaks and special treatment than those that are smart enough to not have a baby.

Now i hope you guys can stop being so defensive about what your parents did at 19 because im not talking about them. Im talking about jeanette.

Please tell me if you dont understand the difference because im not here to offend people that i dont know. (but i do have the right as a viewer to judge the lifestyle of someone who chooses to put her life on television. dont confuse the two).

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Monkemon...you're killing me!"
Monkeymon,
As the resident Munky here, I can tell you're in for a rough ride!
Teeheeeeheee
We munkypeople come from a proud tradition and I'm expecting you to live up to our ancestors fine lineage and be a shining example of qualified drivel.
I could care less about Jeannette or her sitaution in life...I just thought I'd welcome the new munky and tell you to hang in there.

We have a new "slinger of feces" and his name is Monkemon!
Teeeheee....welcome to the jungle my friend!

10-11-01, 01:12 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"

>she had a relationship with the father of the kid
>(who split by the time the kid was born). The
>father of her baby didnt care and he was a
>deadbeat dad. She had the kid and raised him alone
>as a single mom for the kids whole life. So
>the only speculated guesses we can make on her life
>at that age is that she was in a relationship
>with someone that obviously didnt care about her or what
>happens, but still had a kid with him.

How do we know that? We don't know if he was a good guy who freaked out at the prospect of having a baby before he was ready, we don't know if he's truly a turkey who heartlessly dumped Jeanette because he didn't care, we don't know if they planned this baby together and circumstances caused him to run off and leave Jeanette bitter... there are many possibilities. The majority of 19-year-olds in the 1980's aren't always ready to think rationally to do the best thing in a tough situation.

>Having a baby as a result of stupidity is a different
>story. if theres a kid then stupidity is rewarded
>by people who feel sorry for them. They are rewarded
>by recieving more breaks and special treatment than
>those that are smart enough to not have a baby.

Again, we don't know the circumstances of Jeanette's situation at the time so we can't pass judgment. People make mistakes all the time, some worse than others, but to label someone a slut simply because she's 19 years old is an injustice.

I do agree that she was way out of line to try and use self-pity as a single mom to a 13-year-old to survive on the boat. Age is irrelevant, really.

>I really dont think a 32yr old with a 13yr old daughter
>(do the math to see what a slut she was)

Ok just take a look at this statement. You're implying that she's a slut because of her age. Would she be less of a slut if she had the baby at 25 instead of 19 and the father still took off on her and the child? That's why I spoke up.

"What's wrong with her?"
"It is?"

10-11-01, 11:36 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
>I really dont think a 32yr old with a 13yr old daughter
>(do the math to see what a slut she was)

<<<Ok just take a look at this statement. You're implying that she's a slut because of her age. Would she be less of a slut if she had the baby at 25 instead of 19 and the father still took off on her and the child? That's why I spoke up.>>>

oh no. are we still on this subject? ;) Seriously, you gotta start taking other peoples thoughts and opinions as nothing more than "thoughts" and "opinions". Sorry, but i really dont care about your mom and her choices. You volunteered that information because you felt it would make you feel better to justify what went on with your life. But like it or not, most people could care less. Again, its merely comments made based on speculation of a person on a television show.

Slut is a derogatory term given to many people that do or do not fit it. Just like calling something "gay" or "stupid". "That stupid jerk just cut me off in line". Is he really a stupid? He may be a brain surgeon or a chemist. Who knows, who cares. We, as humans, take our observations on an action and interpret it according to our own scale and say words that seem appropriate. The guy cutting you in line may not be stupid but to the person who is just cut then he is probably the stupidest person around. Get it? Now saying Jeanette is a slut isnt that bad of a choice of words considering the evidence we have of her (that was displayed on TV).

And again, when you put yourself on TV and talk about your personal life then you really cant expect everyone to fall in love with you. There are people like me that have every right to judge these people based on what we can see from their personality. I still stick with the word "slut" but my next post will give you some alternatives to make you feel better. Now attacking me directly as a result of you trying to justify your family is another story...

10-11-01, 11:50 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My very own list)"
Here's the conclusions i have on TV's Jeanette. The words in *astrisks* are for pepelepew. He really is offended by my use of the word *slut* so please pretend i didnt use the word, calm down and replace them with one of these other appropriate Jeanette descriptions. Here we go.

Why jeanette doesnt deserve to win:

-She prejudged Adrian and made an *ass* of herself. (*b!tch!*) She made it back on the boat because of pity based on her "my baby needs the money" stories. (*a$$hole!*)

-She's not smart enough to have the foresight to screw guys who legitimately care about her. Sure it happens everyday but this one resulted in a kid to be raised in an unhealthy atmosphere. Does this kind of person really deserve another freebee? Is she really a hero or is she a *moron*?

-She takes her child and uses it as a selling point to gain sympathy from the camera. *Hoar*ing your kid out to make people pity you and get votes? A very intelligent move but pretty *disgusting* if you ask me. I know some single moms that are so much better than most "married moms" (and vice versa). My view on this is that you should not have a kid unless you can provide a healthy environment for them to grow up in. Single or married, kids are not to be used as a manipulation tool.

-She came back and immediately was on a vendetta against Anthony. Now this is based on what? Again, its her being a *prejudging jerk*. Anthony really didnt effect her directly for that long. Much of her thoughts on him was made when she was sitting on the island *gossip*ing with the others and suddenly she came on like *rabid monkey* and started working on getting rid of him. (sure he deserved it but not from her. Its just another example on how this *creep* is a hater and chooses to hate EVERYONE)

-She turned on Toni. Mind you, i hate toni. but did toni really bribe her? Is that even really that evil of a deed or was she trying to be nice? Believe it or not, toni really may have been swayed by the single mom rap and wanted to help. We dont know. But in the end Jeanette really made toni's actions look horrible. We didnt see all the "bribe conversation" footage but what we did see wasnt that bad. Toni may have been on the level and if she was then the way jeanette *backstabbed* her was so underhanded because her words were like toni threatened her or something.

Okay. Anyone else agree with me or have something to add? I really wouldnt mind if jeanette scammed everyone like michael did because its a game. my beef is that she may very well win but only because of her sympathy stories of her kid (13) and her mom (probably not older than 60. that isnt old so we shouldnt feel sorry for her).

10-11-01, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My very own list)"
Monkemon,
I once was new using a computer myself, but then I discovered this really cool thing. It is called a "shiftkey" it will make the letter i into the letter I .

Oh, and I don't agree with you, but it doesn't matter.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-11-01, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My very own list)"
Yes, I think it's pretty obvious that Jeanette used her child thing to gain sympathy. That is a clever strategy--and it appears to have worked.

However, the cast isn't fooled. They themselves are using Jeaneatte as a "martyr" in order to make their plots look better. Michael used Jeanette's kids as an excuse to dump Andrea. Toni was using Jeanette's kids as sympathy to make herself look better *and* because she wanted Melissa to not win.

So yeah, Jeanette used her kids to gain sympathy, but then everyone else started using Jeanette's kids too.

10-12-01, 02:51 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My very own list)"
>Monkemon,
>I once was new using a
>computer myself, but then I
>discovered this really cool thing.
>It is called a "shiftkey"
>it will make the letter
>i into the letter I
>.
>
>Oh, and I don't agree with
>you, but it doesn't
>matter.

sorry, i figured most people understand that its a message board and not a test on proper typing techniques. but for you i'll make a change.

I think people this nitpicky are losers.

is that better?

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-11-01, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (My very own list)"
>*Hoar*ing your kid out

Is that kind of like a boar? Cuz I've heard that those can be kind of scary

Pit1971 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pit1971 Click to send private message to Pit1971 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Maybe you should on that boat with the rest of those people. Listen to yourself, will you? You're saying that the Chicago four played the game fairly, but Jeanette used her kid as a ploy to win over the rest of the contestants? Huuuh, Ok sure!
Looks like you a fan of Toni's "honesty". Look at her track record : she votes Greg off after hear-say comments eventhough she cares for him (she does not even give him the benefit of the doubt or the chance to explain himself!), she lets the guy who help her win the switch card go (that could be considered part of the game), she is fake as hell ( remember when she was hugging Melissa at one of the elimination ceremonies, trying to save her own ass, but once she gets voted off she blasts Melissa and stabs her in her back!) and last but not least she is a liar (by denying she tried to bribe Jeanette)
Even if Jeanette used her kid to win the heart of the contestants (which I doubt she did!), isn't fair game since in your mind the real weasels of the boat (Michael, Ralph and Toni) were playing the game "fairly".
Bottom line is that Toni to me is another "Reality TV" casualty. That what I love about these shows : your true colors always end up showing up, no matter how hard you try to hide them and want to make yourself look good in the eyes of the world. Toni was trying her best to project an image of strength and honesty, but unfortunately for her came crumbling down like a sandcastle. And in the end, all she managed to do is reveal herself for what she really is : an insecure, confused and volitile person.

10-12-01, 02:48 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
jeez. its amazing that anybody can consider using a child as a pawn for your own agenda, and using other contestants are completely different things. but whatever. The chicago 4 played "fairly" in that they did what they needed to in order to stay aboard. Jeanette is a jerk because she made it aboard by giving a sob story that pulled at the emotions of viewers and voters. See the difference?

;)

candle 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail candle Click to send private message to candle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
OK, One more lurker to add to the list lol. I started reading these boards over the last week and love them, I even joined a couple chats.. This is one post I have to respond to...

I hear what your saying monkemon and I don't like much of it. I also had my kids at 18 and 20 *slut* times 2 huh.... People make mistakes.... I decided to raise my kids alone when their father ran scared , some people consider that "taking responsibility for your actions".

I am now happily married to a wonderful man and have 2 beautiful teenage children. Am I a slut because I made a couple bad judgement calls when I was young and then decided to raise the kids??????? NOT!!!!!!

I DO agree that using them as leverage would be wrong... but I don't see Jeanette doing that.... they haven't shown it anyway so I choose not to ASSume... She talked about her daughter and her life..... so did Melissa.... boyfriend.. so did Anthony.. I'm broke.. Toni talked about her boob job.. Adrian talked about his child.. everyone there is talking about their life, it's called conversation and if she is proud of her daughter WHY WOULDN'T SHE MENTION HER??!!

The fact that others are using her and her Child as a way to make themselves feel justified in their actions is not her fault.

One last thing... Michael himself said in the chat last nite that the bribe thing did happen "off camera". Toni isn't stupid either.. she isn't going to publicize her scheming!

For the record, I'm not saying Jeanette should win, I actually think Melissa would be a better winner.. paired with Mike.. But doesn't look like that is in the cards lol. Sorry so long, but I felt the need to respond to this one.

Candle

10-11-01, 07:54 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"

Excellant Post candle.
You made several good points.
Welcome, glad to have you with us, I hope you join us for Survivor too.

I also want to say that having children at a young age is not always a mistake, I am sure it was tough for awhile, but the rewards of children are worth the sacrifices. As some people know.
( Yikes teenagers!!!! I am right behind you on that one honey, these people grow way too fast)

EBug

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-11-01, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Candle, what a wonderful post!

I had the same feeling when I read the "slut" comment, only I didn't have the guts enough to say so, so thank you!

I had my oldest when I was 19 and did the single parent thing for many years until I found my soulmate. Slut? I don't think so. ITA with your view that it was "taking responsibility". I don't think that Jeanette has manipulated people into feeling sorry for her either. She just explained her life's circumstances when asked about it, just like everyone else did. I do hope Jeanette wins (cuz that means that stoopid ol' clown wins too...hee hee)....but I won't be disappointed if Darin and Melissa win either. Both couples are deserving.....however I will be TOTALLY pissed off if a third "loser" couple is brought on and then wins (as others have mentioned). GRRR!

Anyway, I digress.....welcome aboard Candle, it was fun talking to you in chat last night and I hope you will be there after S3 tonight. Good observations and excellent post!

MM "The thing women have yet to learn is that nobody gives you power. You just take it." --Rosanne

10-12-01, 02:56 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
i really hope every teenage pregnancy statistic doesnt appear here to justify themselves against my post that was clearly directed at Jeanette and not anyone else. Generalizations are created because a majority the times the statement is true. If it isnt true for you then great. But why take a post directed at jeanette and transform it into something that you feel the need to defend personally.

10-12-01, 07:38 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Because you SAID "do the math so she's a slut" -- that strikes home with a LOT of people. If you said, instead, that "Jeanette is a slut just because I say so", then that would have been less of a bother for other people than to say that because "she had her baby at 19 therefore she's a slut." You tried to qualify that she's a slut because of the age she had her baby at.

You're not very bright, are you? You said in a post above that the comments were directed at 'pepelepew' but guess what? I'm not alone and there's quite a few people here who take offense to your comments.

For the record, I stated earlier that I agreed that Jeanette was wrong to try to use her sob story of a single mom to try and win the game. That was pretty pathetic. I do understand your point in starting the thread and when I saw the topic I opened it up and read your post because it's a different thing than these tiresome "I HATE MIKE" ones -- Jeanette might very well win but she absolutely shouldn't win because of her single mom status. Unfortunately it looks like she might win because she's less of an imbecile and troublemaker compared to the others in the show (Toni, Melissa, Andrea, etc.).

"What's wrong with her?"
"It is?"

10-12-01, 11:36 AM (EST)
32. "RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-01 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-12-01 AT 12:06 PM (EST)

--Clip of the Statement of Doom--
<<<I really dont think a 32yr old with a 13yr old daughter (do the math to see what a slut she was)should be the deciding factor on who really should win. it should be about who played the best and is the most likeable.>>> ~monkemon

Okay my dear "queen of stupidity". Ive been very rational and diligent in giving explanations that 5 year olds can understand. Please do yourself a favor and get hooked on phonics.

Here is the breakdown of why your post is rediculous.

<<<Because you SAID "do the math so she's a slut" -- that strikes home with a LOT of people.>>>

"do the math to see what a slut she was" was my exact words. Why does it strike home with alot of people? Did i say that all 19 year olds are sluts? Did i say sexual actions before a certain age makes you a slut? I gave a math problem. 32-13=19. The guy was said by her to be a deadbeat so that, her age and her lack of funds proves her to lack any sort of foresight and intelligence. Is slut too harsh a word? No, because i chose the word and its my point of view. Did i ever say 19 year olds cant handle kids? Look at your first post and you'll see that you were one of the first to make that conclusion. 16 year olds in some countries are old enough to have kids. So are 30 year olds. As long as the person can handle it on their own without all the handouts then frankly, i could care less. You my friend, are an idiot for misinterpreting that.

<<<If you said, instead, that "Jeanette is a slut just because I say so", then that would have been less of a bother for other people than to say that because "she had her baby at 19 therefore she's a slut." >>>

Hey dope, look at the opening sentence of the quote that got you all hot. It began like this. "I really dont think a 32yr old...". Now what are you saying again? Read first before you piss yourself off prematurely. Heres a hint for future reference. "Posted by Monkemon" means that ...(drumroll)... it was posted by monkemon! Are you really that dumb that you need to be reminded throughout a post on who the speaker is?

<<<You tried to qualify that she's a slut because of the age she had her baby at.>>>

Did I? I made a guess based on everything we know about her from the TV show, mixed with her age at the time she was pregnant, and mixed with the bitterness and surprise she seems to have on the fact that the father split and came to a conclusion. Is it really unfair for me to come to that conclusion with a TV character? NO. She chose to be on a show and therefore she chose to have her personality judged and torn apart by strangers. I never mentioned your mom and her situation so dont pin it on me. Good parents can have kids at any age. (But considering that she created offspring that has such poor reading skills is something is totally unrelated to her age.)

<<<You're not very bright, are you?>>>

Well, im not stephen hawkings but i can hold my own. You have every right to assume im not bright, but given the facts between us on the thread then i have defended my actions rationally and (until now) without the personal insults. The insults were added because ive assumed youre a hopeless case that doesnt listen to reason. I know that my feelings dont mesh with everyone but that is okay. If a person can give a rational explanation to their actions then how in the world can you be bitter at them. We are individuals with individual minds. So because of my usage of the diabolical word "slut" i may be an idiot to most of you, but unfortunately for the haters im not stupid.

<<<You said in a post above that the comments were directed at 'pepelepew' but guess what? I'm not alone and there's quite a few people here who take offense to your comments.>>>

Excuse me sport, but look at the dates at the comments directed at you. I only commented directly to you because at the time you were the only one who was stupid enough to take some major offense to my post and decided to volunteer your moms lifestory on who she was sleeping with at 19. You are a moron. See, that is directed only at pepelepew because youre the only one i have a problem with here. Everyone else offended are reacting irrationally by instinct and are on the defense but they have not attacked me directly yet. Hopefully whenthey read my other posts and my new "warning" on the original post they will lighten up. As for you, you are the one starting the attacks so im responding only to you. I cant believe you dont get this whole concept of time yet. My nephew is 3 and he understands it. amazing. I'll try to help you out and check if theres a "hooked on being able to read a clock" course out there for you.

To all others on this thread. I intended this to be a fun discussion of whether jeanette should/shouldnt win. Please help me get it back to normal by commenting on your feelings of jeanette.

10-12-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
33. "RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-01 AT 12:08 PM (EST)

>Okay my dear "queen of stupidity". Ive been very rational and
>diligent in giving explanations that 5 year olds can understand.
>Please do yourself a favor and get hooked on phonics.

Queen of stupidity? Speak of yourself. Anyone knows that Pepe Le Pew is a male and that's what I am. Your ignorance shows. Also, if we look at responses on here, it's pretty clear who has a bigger need to get hooked on phonics (and it's not me... others have noticed this as well).

>Look at your first post and you'll see that you were one
>of the first to make that conclusion. You my friend,
>are an idiot for thinking that.

Speaking of needing to be hooked on phonics... you might want to recheck your facts. Babbalicious and AresMars brought up the age/slut thing before I did. I guess I'm an idiot and about 6 or 7 others on this thread who have spoken out about your use of age/slut aren't idiots at all.

>Good parents can have kids at any age. (But considering that she
>created offspring that has such poor reading skills is something
>is totally unrelated to her age.)

I guess you just explained yourself in this statement. You're the one with poor reading skills and poor grammar/punctuation.

>Excuse me sport, but look at the dates. I only commented
>directly to you because at the time you were the
>only one who took some major offense to my post

Like I said above... I wasn't the only one or the first one.

>Everyone else offended are reacting by instinct
>and on the defense but they have not attacked me
>directly yet. You are the one starting the attacks so
>im responding only to you. If anyone wants to be
>rational and have a discussion then im always up for
>that. But if someone chooses to misinterpret my words then
>ill gladly attempt to explain myself directly to them. I
>cant believe you dont get this. amazing. Please learn how
>to read you putz.

So I guess you are displaying your immense maturity by calling names to try to make your point? Read again... a lot of people seem to be misinterpreting your words -- oh wait, it's already been established that you have poor comprehension skills so don't mind me.

I didn't attack you... I just made a sarcastic point to show that we shouldn't be making assumptions into age of giving birth correlating to slutdom. Other people have come forward on this thread to make the same sarcastic point relating to THEMSELVES as well.

Give up. You've got a lot of women (and this guy) pissed off at your comments.

"What's wrong with her?"
"It is?"

10-12-01, 12:25 PM (EST)
34. "RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead"
Jeez. I knew your a guy already. "Queen" is a derogatory word meant to offend you. Okay, and like a 5 year old i'll hold your hand through it again.

Your post-
<<<yeah... I guess my mom is a tramp and a slut because she had my sister when she was 19 -- never mind that she already was an university graduate and had married my father the previous year.
You (Dorkweed, whatever the name is) probably said that because you were so immature at 19 that it was inconceivable to you, but there are others who are quite mature for their age and know what they are doing (like my mom who went to university at 16).>>>

Heres the first post you made to me that was an attack. Read it again. I made a post directly to you because everyone else was just offended and said so. Thats it. No name calling, no responses with "I guess my mom is a tramp and a slut...". They vented and let it go. You didnt let it go despite numerous attempts at explaining that i dont care what your mom did and the post is meant for Jeanette.

<<<I guess I'm an idiot and about 6 or 7 others on this thread who have spoken out about your use of age/slut aren't idiots at all.>>>

You are correct. Everyone else misinterpreting my comments are not idiots at all because they havent attacked me (yet). And in your mind im an idiot. I really dont care and hopefully you can learn to take things less personally when two minds dont agree.

Okay. All this aside i will assume you will be mature enough with me to drop the whole thing for the sake of what could be a decent Jeanette discussion. At the most i want you to just understand that comments made to start this thread are meant for Jeanette! Not for you mom. Tell me you understand that so i can at least know that there is a person capable of being rational on the other end.

BTW: My comments on directing you to hooked on phonics is for understanding basic sentence structures and words. Your misinterpretations is what caused me to believe you need it. Attacking grammer, lack of punctuation or whatever is something that should be looked past on message boards and email. This isnt a college thesis you know...

10-12-01, 12:59 PM (EST)
36. "RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead"
>Jeez. I knew your a guy
>already. "Queen" is a derogatory
>word meant to offend you.
> Okay, and like a
>5 year old i'll hold
>your hand through it again.

Real mature of you to do this.

>Heres the first post you made to me that was an
>attack. Read it again. I made a post directly to
>you because everyone else was just offended and said so.
>Thats it. No name calling, no responses with "I guess
>my mom is a tramp and a slut...". They vented
>and let it go. You didnt let it go despite
>numerous attempts at explaining that i dont care what your
>mom did and the post is meant for Jeanette.

Ok you think I attacked you -- look again and you'll see I picked up a name that another person had used to attack you with.

This is what was said before I made my first post...note that this was a direct attack to you made by another person before I ever said anything: Okay Dorkweed you made a lot of great comments except one. When you start generalizing that anyone who was 19 and becomes a parent is a slut I have to take exception to that. I think you need to keep your analysis to the facts and not apply your bigoted attitude to the situation.

>You are correct. Everyone else misinterpreting
>my comments are not idiots at all because they havent
>attacked me (yet).

Like I just said above... I didn't attack you first.

>comments made to start this thread are meant for Jeanette! Not
>for you mom. Tell me you understand that so i
>can at least know that there is a person capable
>of being rational on the other end.

I understand... like I said in my previous post, I was making a sarcastic comment using my family as an example to display why it is ignorant to say "do the math to see why she's a slut" -- and several others think you are wrong. I know it isn't about my family, I know it's about Jeanette but you seem fixated on the point that I think it's all about my family... it isn't.

>This isnt a college thesis you know...

Right... and we know who apparently didn't go to college (or should have asked for a refund on the tuition fees).

"What's wrong with her?"
"It is?"

10-12-01, 01:17 PM (EST)
37. "RE: pepelepew is a pepelebonehead"
>comments made to start this thread are meant for Jeanette! Not
>for you mom. Tell me you understand that so i
>can at least know that there is a person capable
>of being rational on the other end.

<<<I understand... like I said in my previous post, I was making a sarcastic comment using my family as an example to display why it is ignorant to say "do the math to see why she's a slut" -- and several others think you are wrong. I know it isn't about my family, I know it's about Jeanette but you seem fixated on the point that I think it's all about my family... it isn't.>>>

As long as you understand im happy.

>This isnt a college thesis you know...

<<<Right... and we know who apparently didn't go to college (or should have asked for a refund on the tuition fees).>>>

Thanks for the advice but the barber college clearly posted on their sign "no refunds" so im screwed. But anyway, there goes my hopes for a rational person being on the other end. Well, have a good life and next time you misinterpret somebodys statement then i hope you hear the wind whispering my name to remind you that jumping to conclusions and taking everything personally only makes an intelligent person look stupid.

10-12-01, 09:45 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
I think monkemon insulted alot of woman with his inflamatory comments. Now he is surprised by the female reaction to these comments? You say it, you live with it. I suppose all 19 year old men that have sex are sluts?

10-12-01, 11:12 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
>I think monkemon insulted alot of
>woman with his inflamatory comments.
>Now he is surprised by
>the female reaction to these
>comments? You say it, you
>live with it. I suppose
>all 19 year old men
>that have sex are sluts?

Live with it? I dont back down to my feelings because they are mine and mine alone. So dont think im suddenly backing off. Also where do you get that im surprised at the comments? I would deserve the comments if i made a statement that was all inclusive of everyone in that situation but i didnt. i made it toward jeanette. if anything im surprised that there is so much guilt on this board about the age in which they had a kid.

I have backed up my perspective completely and rationally. I have reiterated that my comments are directed at Jeanette and not every other teenage pregnancy case. So I have nothing to feel bad about. People reacting off of my post are people that have emotional problems where they are transferring comments made at someone else and taking them as personal insults. That is fine if thats how they feel and they have defended themselves to justify their lives. But its a shame because i dont know anything about you guys but suddenly your defenses have been put on high. Calm down.

As for all 19 year old men being sluts. No, that actually goes against the websters definition because the word is properly termed in pertaining to women. And also i never made a comment that anybody sexually active and under 20 is a slut. The fact that your reading comprehension skills are so poor is something you should check out though.

-Clip of the most evil comment in the world>>>
<<<...I really dont think a 32yr old with a 13yr old daughter (do the math to see what a slut she was)...>>>

So to all those offended. Please look at my statement again and find where i mentioned your name directly or said anything about 19 year olds being unable to take care of kids. If you didnt find it here then rethink why you are so upset.

Kramer 29 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-01, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kramer Click to send private message to Kramer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-01 AT 00:09 AM (EST)

Monkemon,

You seem to think it is okay to make a disclaimer, speak your mind under the freedom of speech clause and then invite others to share their opinion on your issue. Yet when others share their opinions and their opinions are not what you:
1) expect or
2) want to hear then you insult them and become indignant and amazed at their replies.

You admitted that you made a hasty generalization of Jeanette with the slut comment. Your comment clearly implied that she was a slut because of the age that she had her baby and not because of the circumstances ("you do the math"). Therefore, by your own admission ("it was a generalization") it does imply that any single person who has a child at 19 is a slut. That statement is offensive and as an admitted generalization, is not personal to Jeanette. So, if you have the courage to speak the words and invite opinions of others than have the courage to stand and listen to their feedback without doing the very thing that you accuse them of: becoming offended.

I always try to remember that when I exercise my right to freedom speech, to keep in mind that I have to tolerate other's freedom to reply.

Kramer

10-13-01, 00:52 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-01 AT 11:01 AM (EST)

good gravy, i thought this was over.

are you even reading the posts made here or what? this topic about her being a slut/not a slut has been explained enough times. do we really need to explain the same thing again?

<<<You admitted that you made a hasty generalization of Jeanette with the slut comment.>>>

"hasty generalization"? I dont think i said that because it wasnt hasty. It actually is backed up by statistic and opinion AND it was about Jeanette. Not you, nor these others who have chose to take it personally.

<<<Your comment clearly implied that she was a slut because of the age that she had her baby and not because of the circumstances ("you do the math"). Therefore, by your own admission ("it was a generalization") it does imply that any single person who has a child at 19 is a slut. That statement is offensive and as an admitted generalization, is not personal to Jeanette. >>>

Should every person named Jeanette be on my case because i wasnt specific enough of which jeanette i was referring to? Should i have given a last name? Or is it pretty obvious that since the board is about "love cruise" and the thread title is about "jeanette" then thats where the comments are directed. I fail to see where i have screwed up the language so much that i wasnt clear enough on who my subject is.

But since youre playing sherlock with the language then who did i offend (according to your nutty interpretations). What about 17 year olds? are they exempt? 14, 15, 18? Wait... what about someone pregnant 19 but gave birth at 20 What sort of ploy is monkemon up to that he was so specific and pointing only at 19 year olds? Cmon sherlock, whip out the magnifying glass and make more assumptions. Or read a sentence and understand the thread is about jeanette so maybe, just maybe so is this accusation.

<<<So, if you have the courage to speak the words and invite opinions of others than have the courage to stand and listen to their feedback without doing the very thing that you accuse them of: becoming offended.>>>

Look at the posters here. Half the thread posts are by me defending and upholding my statements. So dont give me this "have the courage to stand and listen to their feedback" garbage. In what way am i not listening to feedback? im responding arent i? Im defending the words i used and if they are misinterpreted i have given an explanation.

<<<I always try to remember that when I exercise my right to freedom speech, to keep in mind that I have to tolerate other's freedom to reply.>>>

"shouldnt you be on a ledge somewhere?" (seinfeld quote. youre kramer, yure being a bit overdramatic, its actually very appropriate.)

Now thats that. I really dont know what sort of result you are expecting from this but again here i am defending a statement that really needs no defense. ITS ABOUT JEANETTE!

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-01, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Monkemon is diowned by the munkypeople!"
Monkemon,
I gave you a sporting chance to defend and prove yourself and you've failed miserably!
I hereby disown you from the Munkey-people clan! You are the weakest link and the tribe has spoken!
It's time to extinguish your torch!
Good luck on Loser Island because you're going to need it!

ALOHA!

10-13-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munkypeople!"
Ahhh! outcast by my own kind? Oooh oooh aahhh ahh! When i evolve im gonna get you.

Seriously though, why did you say i failed? And what was it that i was trying to do?

10-13-01, 05:02 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munkypeople!"
It's really not about your Jeanette statement anymore at all, it's about the rudness of your responses to people.
My opinion and observations, based on what you have said here, You're rude.

Kramer 29 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-01, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kramer Click to send private message to Kramer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munkypeople!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-01 AT 05:21 PM (EST)

In the real Kramer style:

Can I get an "Amen" here? AMEN, bug!

Kramer

PS.. For Monkemon: Just for the record and a better understanding of the English language; a hasty generalization does is not an indication of the speed of which one generalizes. It means:

Hasty Generalization

Definition:
The size of the sample is too small to support the conclusion.

Examples:
Fred, the Australian, stole my wallet. Thus, all Australians are thieves. (Of course, we shouldn't judge all Australians on the basis of one example.)
I asked six of my friends what they thought of the new spending restraints and they agreed it is a good idea. The new restraints are therefore generally popular.

Proof:
Identify the size of the sample and the size of the population, then show that the sample size is too small. Note: a formal proof would require a mathematical calculation. This is the subject of probability theory. For now, you must rely on common sense.

References:
Barker: 189, Cedarblom and Paulsen: 372, Davis: 103
26 May 1995

Consider this opportunity to educate yourself a gift from the "person on the ledge"....I think you need to understand the argument before you can fully prepare a defense. Or maybe insulting nicknames is more your cup of tea.

Kramer

10-13-01, 05:28 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munkypeople!"

Nice to see you Kramer

10-14-01, 11:58 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Monkemon is diowned by the munkypeople!"
I'm LOLing at all of you... I think the case has been made against you, monkemon. Enough said.

"What's wrong with her?"
"It is?"

Libby487 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Libby487 Click to send private message to Libby487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
I totally agree w/ ya candle. I feel the same way.

candle 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-01, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail candle Click to send private message to candle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Why jeanette shouldnt win (even though she probably will)"
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Not what I intended for my first post but ya gotta jump in sometime

I enjoyed the chat last nite also Mandy, had to work tonight so can't join you for survivor, but I did tape it.. so I will catch up hehe..

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Candle

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •