The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rules for Message Board"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

MicowOverboard 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-03-01, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MicowOverboard Click to send private message to MicowOverboard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rules for Message Board"
Are there rules posted anywhere? I noticed that a post of mine was edited. In it I described the way I thought that Tomiko might have judged Michael in Episode One when she chose Adrian over Michael. It was purely speculative (I did not say Michael IS ___________ _______________ _______________) and also it did not seem nearly as insulting or offensive as some of the other posts on this board (for example the ones about Toni's breasts, Michael's breasts, the Bash Lisa thread, etc.). I would prefer to follow the rules than be edited, especially since I was not notified.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rules for Message Board VampKira 10-03-01 1
   RE: Rules for Message Board MicowOverboard 10-03-01 2
       RE: Rules for Message Board VampKira 10-03-01 3
           RE: Rules for Message Board MicowOverboard 10-03-01 4
               RE: Rules for Message Board VampKira 10-03-01 5
                   To MicowOverboard AyaK 10-03-01 6
                       RE: To MicowOverboard SurvivorBlows 10-03-01 8
               RE: Rules for Message Board true 10-03-01 7
                   RE: Rules for Message Board MicowOverboard 10-03-01 9
               RE: Rules for Message Board Merrick 10-04-01 17
                   Hi Merrick Drive My Car 10-04-01 18
                       RE: Hi Merrick Riordan 10-05-01 19
                       RE: Hi Merrick Merrick 10-05-01 20
 RE: Rules for Message Board SkyRaider 10-03-01 10
 My take thecaptain 10-03-01 11
   Fair Warning NightScribe 10-03-01 12
       Hey Captain Crunch LadyT 10-03-01 13
           RE: Hey Captain Crunch Drive My Car 10-03-01 14
       RE: Fair Warning MandyM 10-03-01 15
       RE: Fair Warning Frau Hexe 10-03-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-03-01, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rules for Message Board"
I cannot speak for the Webmaster.. But.. I feel I have been here long enough to say this much...The rules are such....

You CANNOT flame an individul poster... ie: No name calling or derogatory comments about them personally.. Yes.. MIKE is fair game. He is a contestant of a reality show after all.. *sighs for her clown* This doesn't mean you cannot disagree with someone. The main rule is NO ATTACKING of another poster because of their veiws, race, opinions, or whatever.....

I didn't see your post, so I can't comment on what you may have posted that may be offensive...But I DO know that we have fair Moderators.. in fact.. thay are quite tolerant.. even if they don't necessarily agree.....

Dunno know if this helps.. but I hope so..

"I watched the world float to the dark side of the moon.. I feel there's nothing I can do.. yeah." - Kryptonite

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-03-01, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MicowOverboard Click to send private message to MicowOverboard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rules for Message Board"
Well, if Mike's fair game, I don't know why I was edited, because the comments that were edited were about Mike. But thanks!!

10-03-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rules for Message Board"
Sorry.. wish I could have seen it... I DO know that your comments wouldn't have been edited if they weren't in some way hurtful to someone that regularluy posts here, or offensive to the general public. Perhaps thsy were TOO personal against Mike.. I dunno.. *shrugs* I do know that if they were deleted.. there was a good reason. I hope this doesn't make you think we censor... because we DON'T... Far from it. I think if you stick around, you'll find this the fairest, most tolerant message board for reality TV that you have ever had the fortune to come across...

Vampy

"I watched the world float to the dark side of the moon.. I feel there's nothing I can do.. yeah." - Kryptonite

10-03-01, 04:02 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Rules for Message Board"
Vampy,

I was really not offended at all about being edited, really more embarrassed than anything else. I want to follow the rules. I'm not used to being spanked. I definitely will not run away 'cause this place is fun!!

Rachel

10-03-01, 04:07 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Rules for Message Board"
It's ahhhhight Rachel.. *smile* I have a history of oopsies myself.. *wink*

AyaK 8129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-01, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "To MicowOverboard"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-01 AT 04:30 PM (EST)

Rachel,

You commented in the other thread that your post (#12) had been edited. Is that the one you mean?

If so, I'm sorry to tell you that it has NOT been edited. If it had been edited, there would be a line of red text at the top that says: "LAST EDITED ON date AT time". If it had been edited by the Webmaster or by a moderator, instead of by you, that would appear in the line as well -- as you can see in this post by janisella here.

The "LAST EDITED ON" lines are an inherent feature of the software, designed to prevent anyone from changing an original post surrepticiously. If such a line is not present, the post hasn't been edited -- the software routine that adds that text cannot be defeated or turned off in DCScripts, to the best of my knowledge.

In other words, I don't know why your post doesn't read the way that you thought it did, but no one edited it after you posted it. Sorry.

Edited to provide an example of the little red "LAST EDITED ON" line at the top of this post.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-01, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: To MicowOverboard"
Hi MicowOverboard, the only folks that can edit a post in this forum are the original writer, SurvivorBlows (me), Webmaster (also me, but an ID a never use), and AyaK.

None of us edited your post -- and as AyaK pointed out, if we had, it would say so in red letters across the top of it.

Hope this helps...

-SB

true 9681 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-01, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rules for Message Board"
I saw the post in question MOB, and usually, if the webmaster edits a post, it will say so clearly in red at the top of that post. Are you sure that you didn't just accidently post an incomplete sentance? I've never seen a few words just disappear, and you don't strike me as someone that would post anything malicious.

true

10-03-01, 05:06 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Rules for Message Board"
Well, that means it was MY mistake, and that's even worse. Tail tucked between legs, MicowOverboard slinks away in shame ... but will be back in a few minutes ... can't stay away.

Merrick 20 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-01, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Merrick Click to send private message to Merrick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rules for Message Board"
>I'm not used to being spanked.

You never know until you try.

You might just like it.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-01, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Hi Merrick"
**waves at merrick**
Welcome back

Riordan 607 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-05-01, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Hi Merrick"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-01 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

Merrick 20 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-01, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Merrick Click to send private message to Merrick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Hi Merrick"
>**waves at merrick**
>Welcome back
>

Buggy,
What makes you think I ever left?

**waves back**

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-03-01, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rules for Message Board"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-01 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

Be very, very careful what you post. The Amish have ears everywhere! They are quite touchy since they took over Canada and there has been such a backlash against buying any of their home spun clothes or furniture. They control everything!

Edited by the Amish: Thou shalt not post thy warning again!

thecaptain 11 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-01, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecaptain Click to send private message to thecaptain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "My take"
All I know is that there are a bunch of whiny babies on this board. I have gotten flamed by all you flamers more than once. You can take me out of the country, but you can't take the country out of me.

Look, we are supposed to make fun of all the wanna-be celebs on the show. They have placed themselves in that position. All you posters suck-assing up to Michael "Shakes the Clown" are just as pathetic. Don't you all see that this is a third rate reality show? I doubt that 50 people have even seen the show. So y'all shouldn't get so teed off when the Cap'n makes valuable comments.

Quit your damn sucking up. He is not a celebrity, and the fact that he is able to girly up to the bimbos on that boat doesn't make him a stud. Put me on that boat. I'd ask the girls to make out and to rip off a top. Ain't nothing wrong with that radio.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-03-01, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Fair Warning"
Hello again cap. You may remember me -- I'm NightScribe and I responded to your post regarding your need for some "lesbo" action. I thought I had taken care of you. Now I come here and find you calling myself and my new friends "whiny babies" and this is in addition to your refrence to us as "pussies" in another thread. Please take note of what I am about to write. Get a pen and jot it down if you need to. Your utter lack of class coupled with your inability to post anything even remotely intelligent has forced me into a new job. I declare here and now that each time I find a post written by you that is either insulting to myself or other posters or in anyway offends my sense of good taste, which isn't much I'll admit, I will make it my duty in life to expose you for the knuckle-dragger that you are. So either clean up your foul posts, or get lost.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-01, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Hey Captain Crunch"
If you find us to be whiny babies, why the hell are you still here? Please don't answer the question, just go away, go far far away

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-01, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Hey Captain Crunch"
Ohhhhhhhh I KNEW I liked Nightscribe!!!!
Can we keep her? Huh? Can we pleeeeeeeaaaaase? We'll take care of her I promise!!

Way to go Baby!
Oh and if you plan on making it a job to moniter this paticular guy, you might want to get familier with the Alert button at the botton of every post.

*smile*
EBug

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-03-01, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Fair Warning"
You rock, Night Scribe!

Don't sweat the petty things and DO pet the sweaty things.

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-03-01, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Fair Warning"
Nightscribe--my new hero! It's about time someone gave that boy a verbal lashing.

Frau Hexe

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •