The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BV Ep 11 Vote Thresd: Tribal Time-Share Time"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences BlowsVivor Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-14-01, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BV Ep 11 Vote Thresd: Tribal Time-Share Time"
No instructions. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
I have no intention of tallying the votes--I'm just getting the ball rolling for GG's episode. So the curves won't bother ME.

Remaining BlowsVivors:

Dangerkitty (AA)
George Tirebiter (BB)
IceCat (BB)
Outfrontgirl (AA)
RudyRules (AA)

Luxury item and sidekick:
SnoopySucks & WoodstockBites

Really really long shot:
Chicken #6

Go, tribe, Go!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 not a vote dabo 08-14-01 1
 GT Alternate: OFG Survivorerist 08-14-01 2
 RudyRules George Tirebiter 08-14-01 3
 GT RudyRules 08-14-01 4
   Survivorerist--Whoops Outfrontgirl 08-14-01 5
 RudyRules not sleeeve 08-14-01 6
   RE: RudyRules IceCat 08-14-01 7
   Jest the Facts, man Outfrontgirl 08-15-01 8
 IceCat MakeItStop 08-15-01 9
 Dangerkitty Lisapooh 08-15-01 10
   RE: not a vote dabo 08-15-01 11
       RE: not a vote MakeItStop 08-15-01 12
           RE: not a vote PepeLePew13 08-15-01 13
               RE: not a vote dabo 08-15-01 15
               RE: not a vote MakeItStop 08-15-01 24
 DK... alternate IceCat PepeLePew13 08-15-01 14
 GT Kismet 08-15-01 16
   RE: Breakfast dabo 08-15-01 17
       Hijacking (not a vote) AyatollahKhomeini 08-15-01 27
           RE: Hijacking (not a vote) dabo 08-16-01 29
           AyaK's a Bad, Bad Hijacker (and I'm... Outfrontgirl 08-16-01 37
               RE: AyaK's a Bad, Bad Hijacker (and... George Tirebiter 08-16-01 47
   GT Drive My Car 08-15-01 18
       RE: GT (not a vote) Survivorerist 08-16-01 31
           RE: GT (not a vote) Outfrontgirl 08-16-01 33
       Bug's hijack Outfrontgirl 08-16-01 35
   RE: GT Outfrontgirl 08-16-01 34
 IceCat (if not the IC winner) AyatollahKhomeini 08-15-01 19
 RudyRules alt Dangerkitty Outfrontgirl 08-15-01 20
   RE: RudyRules alt Dangerkitty PepeLePew13 08-15-01 23
   RE: RudyRules and the Goops--Not a ... George Tirebiter 08-15-01 25
 Ice Cat alt. RR janisella 08-15-01 21
   RE: Ice Cat alt. RR Outfrontgirl 08-15-01 22
 Vote Tally To Date dabo 08-15-01 26
 OFG Gerbees 08-15-01 28
 GT alt OFG dabo 08-16-01 30
   RE: GT alt OFG Outfrontgirl 08-16-01 32
       RE: damn, I already voted! :) dabo 08-16-01 36
           Potion aftermath Outfrontgirl 08-16-01 38
               RE: Potion aftermath dabo 08-16-01 39
               RE: Potion aftermath George Tirebiter 08-16-01 41
                   RE: Potion aftermath dabo 08-16-01 44
                       RE: Potion aftermath George Tirebiter 08-16-01 46
       RE: GT alt OFG dabo 08-16-01 40
           dabo George Tirebiter 08-16-01 42
           Not a vote--Surv's boot Outfrontgirl 08-16-01 45
               Estrogen alliance (not a vote) AyaK 08-16-01 48
                   RE: Estrogen alliance (not a vote) George Tirebiter 08-16-01 50
                       Brainwashing (not a vote) AyaK 08-17-01 51
                       Paging Mr. Heisenberg... IceCat 08-17-01 52
                           RE: Paging Mr. Heisenberg... dabo 08-17-01 53
                               RE: Paging Mr. Heisenberg... Outfrontgirl 08-17-01 54
                                   The key to uncertainty... AyaK 08-17-01 56
                                       RE: The key to uncertainty... mistofleas 08-17-01 57
                                       RE: The key to uncertainty... dabo 08-17-01 58
                                           What I Meant Was... IceCat 08-17-01 63
                                               RE: What I Meant Was... George Tirebiter 08-17-01 64
                                                   Moi? IceCat 08-17-01 65
                                                       RE: Moi? George Tirebiter 08-17-01 66
                                               Slightly different take AyatollahKhomeini 08-17-01 67
                                                   RE: Slightly different take sleeeve 08-17-01 68
 Vote Tally As Of Now dabo 08-16-01 43
 RR VampKira 08-16-01 49
   Vote for IceCat mistofleas 08-17-01 55
       Hopelessly devoted tooo..... dabo 08-17-01 59
           Aspirin AyatollahKhomeini 08-17-01 60
               RE: Aspirin George Tirebiter 08-17-01 61
       RE: Fleabag's expertise George Tirebiter 08-17-01 62
           RE: Fleabag's expertise mistofleas 08-20-01 69

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-01, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "not a vote"
And don't forget Mr. PlayBunny! Living inside a hat is one hell of a strategy!

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-14-01, 03:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "GT Alternate: OFG"
No good reason. And I'll also have a slice of Chicken Fajita Pizza. Garcon!

When I was little I prayed to God for a bike, but then I realized God doesn't work like that. So I stole a bike then prayed for forgiveness.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-14-01, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RudyRules"
Sorry, old dude, but I believe the Estrogen Alliance takes us to the end--and you seem to feel you have some kind of plan all on your lonesome.

Alternate vote: IceCat (yes, he's delicious--but we may do well to eliminate any extra competition. . . either because he's one up on us in any physical challenges, or because we know we'd be wise to save the romantic entanglements for the post-BV media whore circuit!)

GT

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-01, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "GT"
GT
The AAs stick together.
Besides, you are guessing me. LOL

08-14-01, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Survivorerist--Whoops"
RR's got a nifty system!
>Besides, you are guessing me. LOL

Then I guess Survivorerist, since he voted for OFG. LOL, whoops...

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to wait and see who else votes for OFG.
Get back to you all on this one. I'm hoping for some spoilage. So far I got nothing except that the alliances may all fall apart. That is so NOT helpful towards picking a bootee, GG.

not sleeeve 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-14-01, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail not%20sleeeve Click to send private message to not%20sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RudyRules"
Okay... here's the deal...

There is the obvious estrogen alliance that seems to be dominating game play, so a guy is gone yet.. Rudy Rules is the obvious choice... Why??? Keep reading.

Next Week, the female alliance MUST get rid of one of it's own, (since they have one to spare) and the choice is obvious... they will dump GT... the obvious outsider of the female alliance (note that OFG and DK voted together for Survivorerist, but GT voted alone for sleeeve in the first vote of the episode that he was voted out.)

After that, OFG and DK will plan to take it to the finals, but in a surprise, IceCat will win the "know your tribemates" challenge, and prove that he is still the best vidcap spoiler around (truly able to create something from nothing) as he answers every single question correctly.

He will off DK (because we all know that cats are territorial), and take OFG to the finals.

In the jury:

GT votes for IceCat (since OFG betrayed her)

sleeeve votes for IceCat (after revealing that the reason that he was evicted was NOT because he was a complete dumbass (as the horrible editing in the episode would have you believe), but because his trusted ally OFG lied to him, and told him that the group was offing DK... not shown on camera)

RudyRules votes for his ally IceCat

Mon Cherie votes for IceCat (who was from the same tribe as she was).

Survivorerist, Chick, and Dangerkitty all vote for OFG (because that's the way that these things always work out)...

And IceCat wins.

In her closing remarks, OFG says that absolutely THE dumbest thing that she did was to eliminate sleeeve, since he was the genius behind every single alliance, and since she could have beaten him on the jury (he had betrayed more people than she did)...

In the after-show special, sleeeve reveals that after being voted out, he had vowed that, no matter what, GT and OFG could not win!!! They set up his fall, and OFG only thought that she was being clever in voting for Surv... her ploy did not work, and he absolutely would have never voted for her in the jury.

How do I know all of this??? Well, my hero is sleeeve, so I'm a little biased... but I'm still the best spoiler EVER!!!

There is NOTHING up my sleeeve...

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-01, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RudyRules"
... and prove that he is still the best vidcap spoiler around (truly able to create something from nothing)...

Thanks for not mentioning the times I created nothing from nothing.

Meow!

08-15-01, 01:39 AM (EST)
8. "Jest the Facts, man"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-01 AT 03:57 AM (EST)

not sleeeve--
OK, I can't go for this disinformation rewriting the facts of my completely impartial episode...so I'm taking you on point for point, spoiler dude:

>>Next Week, the female alliance MUST get rid of one of it's own

Why, when there would still be a man left who was Not in the alliance?

>>they will dump GT... the obvious outsider of the female alliance (note that OFG and DK voted together for Survivorerist, but GT voted alone for sleeeve in the first vote of the episode that he was voted out.)

That would be because all 3 voted along tribal rather than gender lines in Ep 9, because OFG and DK made keeping Sleeeve a condition of any estrogen alliance--now a moot point.

>>sleeeve votes for IceCat (after revealing that the reason that he was evicted was NOT because he was a complete dumbass (as the horrible editing in the episode would have you believe)

Oh really? Were you not paying attention? Episode 9 was the only Unedited episode! Second, sleeeve was not portrayed as a "dumbass" for being tricked by the "brilliance" that is IceCat--Ice is pure genius so no shame there. He has tricked everyone else, sleeeve thinks he's so special?

>>because his trusted ally OFG lied to him, and told him that the group was offing DK... not shown on camera)

NOT!!! Ice told him the BB's were targeting DK, and got his Final 2 buddy sleeeve to vote with him to bust up the estrogen alliance that in reality didn't yet exist (which is not to say it hasn't come to be at this point in time). OFG told sleeeve 100% truth but not sleeeve apparently prefers to believe all women are ultimately liars and deceivers.

>>RudyRules votes for his ally IceCat
Need we get any more proof that a certain spoiler's not paying attention?

>>In the after-show special, sleeeve reveals that after being voted out, he had vowed that, no matter what, GT and OFG could not win!!! They set up his fall, and OFG only thought that she was being clever in voting for Surv... her ploy did not work, and he absolutely would have never voted for her in the jury.

To quote one of my favorite Van Morrison songs: "Thanks for the information."

>>my hero is sleeeve, so I'm a little biased
oh, you're so modest. You're hugely endowed with bias!

but I don't want to just pick away at your spoiling, so when you say:

>>we all know that cats are territorial
I must agree with you about that and I meant to point that out as the flaw in the Feline Final 2 theory...

Still, all in all, I cannot agree that you are the best spoiler ever, not sleeeve. You are and always will be a sleeeve wannabe.
But a poor spoiler's better than none, so welcome back from your hiatus!

<*WAVES AT SLEEEVE*>

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-15-01, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "IceCat"
I believe in the estrogen alliance (or maybe that's just wishful thinking), so either IceCat or RudyRules must go. I think IceCat is the bigger IC threat so he must go first (unless he wins the IC).

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Dangerkitty"

Her addictions spiral out of control and she has to go to Promises for re-hab then falls in love with a vacationing Ben Affleck.

They plan a wedding ceremony on the Blowsvivor soundstage 'til Ben gets cold feet at the last second and runs off with Julia Roberts.

Dangerkitty plays herself in the Lifetime original movie: Blow Me in the Wind

alternate pick: Chicken #6 - when you're that hungry, you'll eat anything. Ditto for my second alternate pick: SnoopySucks

pooh

08-15-01, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: not a vote"
Chicken #6 again, aughh! You people won't let anyone go short of a fricasee, will you. I was kind of hoping #6 would be safe, but with all these hints I guess I better make a call to MakeItStop's Mystic Hotline.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

08-15-01, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: not a vote"
The Mystic Hotline says chicken #6 will be safe so there's no need to worry dabo.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-01, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: not a vote"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-01 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

So, do tell me... what else do the Mystic Hotline offer to the masses? I might give em a call one of these days to check it out... who knows, maybe I'll get Julia Roberts serving a pizza on the other end of the Mystic Hotline...

Edited to add a little oomph to the message

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

08-15-01, 02:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: not a vote"
Oh, you have to pay a little bit extra for it, but Tony Randall's Advice For The Perpetually Hopeless is an absolute Gas!!!

08-15-01, 04:47 PM (EST)
24. "RE: not a vote"
>So, do tell me... what else
>do the Mystic Hotline offer
>to the masses?

Who knows? Just have your credit card handy!

>who knows,
>maybe I'll get Julia Roberts
>serving a pizza on the
>other end of the Mystic
>Hotline...

The Mystic Hotline does NOT serve Mystic Pizza!

08-15-01, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "DK... alternate IceCat"
DK seems to be getting a little frisky so perhaps there's something to it leading her to be the next boot? (also my PTTE says so, too)

Chicken, mmm i'd like 6 chicken kebabs from the Mr. Greek takeout, please, with roasted potatoes and rice.

Kismet 802 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-15-01, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kismet Click to send private message to Kismet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "GT"
Because I am now rooting for the cats. With or without the hats. I love the Cat in the Hat. Green Eggs and Ham is my favorite, but I love all Dr. Suess. I also loved the Berenstein Bears. My mother actually named me after the Marcy in the Beverly Cleary or is it Judy Blume books. She was a main character in one of the sets and my mom always liked the name.

Ya right like I'm not going to attempt a hijack.. But come on... I mean a hidden hijack within a hijack. It is impossible to resist. Thank you hawk and sleeve for letting me edit your posts to figure out how it is done. So how is everyone's day? What did you have for breakfast? Wanna place bets on when GG posts his summary? I am personally thinking Friday, because those brits are so prompt. Wanna lay bets on length? Let me know-- the three of you who can read this...

I never did like my name beause on Peanuts Marcy always played second fiddle to Peppermint Patty. One of you fine peeps, I'm betting Supe, but it might'a been BAonce said that Peppermint Patty and Marcy were the original lesbian couple. What do you think of that?

Kismet

"Do you ever get down on your knee's and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?"

08-15-01, 02:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Breakfast"
Oh, I had some coffee and strawberries, mm-mm-mmmm!

Wouldn't let the Peanuts angle getcha down, Kissy !!!

How soon can we expect a Cornertime with Tony Randall?

I think GG is going to have the longest episode yet, after all there are only five players remaining but in true BV fashion the cast is ever-expanding! Wish I knew more about DK's travel plans, I'm expecting he'll have it going by Sunday at least, maybe stretch it over a week on the innstallment plan.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it was shakes who said that.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-15-01, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Hijacking (not a vote)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-01 AT 10:05 PM (EST)

dabo, are you hijacking this thread? Just because Kis started it doesn't give you an excuse! Anyway, remember that Southern twang; it might be contagious.
I think GG will post the episode over the weekend, if possible. Plus, dangerkitty won't be back to do E12 until Sunday, I think ... and I hope squirrel gets back soon as well!
At least there's no lunch ordering... so I'll have the chicken jalfrezi with hot sauce, cucumber raita, sweet mango chutney and naan, please

I'm a shameless attention whore!
just like HawkEye and sleeevie, who started this!

08-16-01, 00:18 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Hijacking (not a vote)"
For the answer to that and any other questions you may have you should call MakeItStop's Mystic Hotline! Yes, MMH is your one-stop duz-it-all mystic connection, they know everything and have all the answers. Don't believe me? Check out this testamonial!

Lisapooh: Like, wow, MakeItStop and Tony Randall are like totally rad gufus, you know, coz they know it all; my life has just been one big Poohparty since I started calling MakeItStop's Mystic Hotline!

See, I told you! Don't delay, call today!

08-16-01, 04:11 AM (EST)
37. "AyaK's a Bad, Bad Hijacker (and I'm telling)"
>dabo, are you hijacking this thread?
>Just because Kis
>started it doesn't give you
>an excuse! Anyway, remember
>that Southern twang; it might
>be contagious.

>At least there's no lunch ordering...

>so I'll have
>the chicken jalfrezi with hot
>sauce, cucumber raita, sweet mango
>chutney and naan, please
>
>I'm a shameless attention whore!

>just like HawkEye and sleeevie,
>who started this!

Yes, you are all shameless and not all deluded in believing you get more attention when you hide your hijacks...

why bump up my DAWs with empty posts when I can expose hidden messages?

08-16-01, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: AyaK's a Bad, Bad Hijacker (and I'm telling)"
>why bump up my DAWs with empty posts when I can expose hidden messages?
ROFLMAO! I knew there was more to your frenetic posting lately than a simple addiction--you have a MAJOR case of Ho' Fever!! (And that thong gig takes sooooo long to get over!)

*gently leads OFG out for an afternoon of lunch and pointless shopping, just to blow the stink off*

GT
(who suddenly realizes the bonanza SHE could capitalize on, if she just follows OFG around the boards. . .)

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-01, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "GT"
Because I always vote for Rudy and no one ever votes him off.
And because although I ordered a Grilled Tuna sandwich last week, that Damn waitress Vamp
never brought it to me, and I am still hungry for a sandwich, I love sandwiches.
besides has anyone else noticed how GT flirts with my GG? I mean I thought everyone knew that he loved only me! Hi jacking back at Ya Kismet, WOW what it must be like to be so evil everyday, to just be able to peer into your mind (shiver) just the thought gives me the heebie jeebies. Hey did I tell ya'll that Kismet has the thickest southern twang this side of Alabama? It really detracts form the evilness

EBug- who thinks she is so cool now

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-01, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: GT (not a vote)"
>>>who thinks she is so cool now<<<

Oh but you are...

When I was little I prayed to God for a bike, but then I realized God doesn't work like that. So I stole a bike then prayed for forgiveness.

08-16-01, 01:35 AM (EST)
33. "RE: GT (not a vote)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-01 AT 01:58 AM (EST)

Sneaky Surv--

Playing html whispers with Buggy:
>>>who thinks she is so cool now<<<
>
>Oh but you are...
>

Surv, I hope you are not getting mischievous from BigBastard's influence, although you have hidden things in html tags before...

08-16-01, 01:52 AM (EST)
35. "Bug's hijack"
Gee bug, it wouldn't be right to publish Kismet's hijack and leave your cool attempt all in the dark, so here you go...

>that Damn waitress
>Vamp
>never brought it to me
besides has anyone else
>noticed how GT flirts with
>my GG? I mean I
>thought everyone knew that he
>loved only me! Hi jacking
>back at Ya Kismet, WOW
>what it must be like
>to be so evil everyday,
>to just be able to
>peer into your mind (shiver)
>just the thought gives me
>the heebie jeebies. Hey did
>I tell ya'll that Kismet
>has the thickest southern twang
>this side of Alabama? It
>really detracts form the evilness

>EBug- who thinks she
>is so cool now
>

08-16-01, 01:47 AM (EST)
34. "RE: GT"
Kismet, I know you want to get caught. Serial hijackers always want to get caught, deep down inside, or what is the point?
So here's your hidden text exposed.

>Ya right like I'm not
>going to attempt a hijack..
>But come on... I mean
>a hidden hijack within a
>hijack. It is impossible to
>resist. Thank you hawk and
>sleeve for letting me edit
>your posts to figure out
>how it is done. So
>how is everyone's day? What
>did you have for breakfast?
>Wanna place bets on when
>GG posts his summary? I
>am personally thinking Friday, because
>those brits are so prompt.
>Wanna lay bets on length?
>Let me know-- the three
>of you who can read
>this...

One of you fine
>peeps, I'm betting Supe,
>but it might'a been BA >
>Kismet

What makes you think only three people can read this?

08-15-01, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "IceCat (if not the IC winner)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-01 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

Well, let's look at the possible pairings...

GT and OFG voted together to oust Surv; they'll probably stick together.
RudyRules and dangerkitty voted tribally to oust GT. Will a sober dk stick to this strategy?
IceCat and Surv voted to oust dangerkitty. That makes IceCat a loner in the tribe.

Potential breakdowns:
1. 3-2 with RudyRules, dangerkitty, and IceCat against George Tirebiter and Outfrontgirl. But why would dangerkitty want to be part of this alliance? Perhaps if she felt confident that she would win the "Fallen Comrades" challenge ... but that challenge is subject to alteration ...

2. 4-1 with GT, OFG, dk and RR voting out IC. This sets up some interesting tiebreaking possibilities in E12 ...

3. 3-2 "estrogen alliance" with GT, OFG and dk. Could SnoopySucks claim a place in this alliance?

Most likely scenario: #2, everyone against IC. Possible complication: IC wins IC. Possible result of complication: GT didn't want to vote for her erstwhile ally anyway, and IC returns the favor by leading a vote to oust RR. Oh, and Peppermint Patty and Marcy were not a prototypical lesbian couple, since Marcy always had a crush on Charlie Brown.

08-15-01, 03:39 PM (EST)
20. "RudyRules alt Dangerkitty"
Because Flying Squirrel says so in his PTTE and he's the only one's who's been 100% on in his predictions.

How would that play out? He won't win immunity twice (Ice does)and the 3 women would vote together. Also, at this point they FINALLY get it that SnoopySucks can't be allowed to make the Final Four!

Dangerkitty could go so she won't have the ethical dilemma of writing an episode in which she's one of the Final4. Also, the last 3 people who went on vacation/leave of absence from the boards got the boot while they were gone (Pepe, Sleeeve, Surv). I know that's not good internal logic, but... Hmmm, well, she's had a lot of face (and body) time and she's an immunity threat, so Ice, OFG, and GT could band together against her and RR.

Lunch? I do love sandwiches, but nothing with anyone's Initials, please. Only Goops eat their friends.

I'm in the mood for an old-fashioned ice cream soda (strawberry) with a grilled cheese on rye because it makes me nostalgic for summers past when my mom would take me to the counter at the diner.

*This allusion to Goops in tribute to RudyRules to make up for voting for him*

08-15-01, 04:34 PM (EST)
23. "RE: RudyRules alt Dangerkitty"

>Dangerkitty could go so she won't
>have the ethical dilemma of
>writing an episode in which
>she's one of the Final4.

This is a very plausible theory, yes.

>Also, the last 3 people who went on vacation/leave
>of absence from the boards got the boot while they
>were gone (Pepe, Sleeeve, Surv).

Don't forget Dalton... she had already been gone a day or two when she got the boot, even though nobody knew at the time it would become an extended absence.

08-15-01, 04:47 PM (EST)
25. "RE: RudyRules and the Goops--Not a vote!"
LMAO @ your inclusion of The Goops! I thought that was a perfectly lovely topic for RR to bring up, and was disappointed for him that it didn't get more reaction. Do Goops abound on SB?

And your reminder about flying squirrel is indeed a somber one. . . I have made a career out of riding the coattails of Spoilers such as squirrel, yet I neglected to take his PTTE into account! Hopefully, my first choice will be right, and I'll be in agreement with Rocket J. Brainiac--and you can be sure I'll pay more attention next time! Life was certainly much easier when I could rely on Dalton to knock me unconscious before I made such goofy mistakes. . .

Your lunch counter story has me flashing on the many chocolate Cokes I had whilst my mom did her shopping (somehow better than cherry, as I never liked the flavor of Coke, itself.) Alas, I've been sleeping through lunch this week, and it's easy to inspire me to such flights of fancy.

GT

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-15-01, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Ice Cat alt. RR"
Two words: Estrogen alliance

08-15-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ice Cat alt. RR"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-01 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

Edit: Not a vote. Sorry forgot to change subject line.

To address AyaK's question:
>>3-2 "estrogen alliance" with GT, OFG and dk. Could SnoopySucks claim a place in this alliance?

Nah, an alliance of 4 at this point would be overcrowded.
And quite frankly, there's no place for a bitch in this sisterhood!
(Not that there's anything wrong with that, SnoopySucks...)

08-15-01, 04:54 PM (EST)
26. "Vote Tally To Date"
This thresd contains 25 responses, 12 of them votes. As things currently stand:

George Tirebiter: 4 votes (0 alt votes)
RudyRules: 3 votes (3 alt votes)
IceCat: 3 votes (2 alt votes)
Dangerkitty: 2 votes (1 alt vote)
Outfrontgirl: utr (1 alt vote)

Gerbees 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-15-01, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gerbees Click to send private message to Gerbees Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "OFG"
Again, this week, just cause, and she's also the only one without votes!

Gerbees

08-16-01, 00:34 AM (EST)
30. "GT alt OFG"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-01 AT 01:15 AM (EST)

DK in whatever condition she may be in is smart enough to know that a gender-based alliance, like age-based or race-based or etc.-based alliances, is just a lousy -ism and not worth the bother. Frankly, I think she would rather be the last woman standing, getting to the final three with two men vastly increases her chances of making the final two. The partnership of GT and OFG has its good points but essentially they've made themselves the visible targets of the other three, who have to take one or the other out of the picture; either one, it doesn't really matter.

edited to include: That's not to say there would necessarily be anything wrong or weak about an alliance if it happened to include only women, or only men, or whatever: what would be wrong would be if such an alliance were biased to exclude potentially valuable members on the basis of gender, race, or so on. It may be that this "estrogen alliance" grew out of a determination that of those players remaining the women just happened to be the ones worth being together in alliance with (I honestly don't know where the "ea" idea sprang from) in which case there would be nothing at all wrong with it and the name was just a convenient handle.

08-16-01, 01:26 AM (EST)
32. "RE: GT alt OFG"
dabo,
I'm going to pick the vote thresd to talk about logic because there's no frigging GUT thread in sight...

you have a good point about OFG and GT as visible targets. I wonder though, how much of that perception comes from all the posting they do on the board...In the game, DK and OFG have been together from Day 1 and gotten along very well, and are the original California Girl alliance. DK and GT have had a tad of friction over IceCat, but nothing they can't get over in the name of strategy.

I'm not at all sure that DK would want to be in the end with 2 men. Only one of the men would then end up on the jury. Because DK attracts men and makes women envious (except SurvivorChick), she should want as many men on the jury as possible.

If DK stays true to the estrogen alliance and gets to Final 2, she will get GT and/or OFG's vote as well. (I am assuming here that despite any estrogen alliance a man certainly has a shot at winning immunity and going all the way to the Final 2.)

Au contraire, if she busts up the gender-based alliance before its time, she will lose both OFG and DK's votes on the jury. Hell hath no fury, etc.. I point to Sue and Kelly as an example of female rage at betrayal by other women they've trusted. Amber against Tina too... OFG and GT know that the same applies to them--better not screw over DK at this point.

Back to DK, I seriously doubt she's getting sleeeve's vote (he's mad at her, OFG, and IceCat I would think), nor Mon Cherie's (sexpot rival), so if she makes OFG and GT mad she's lost 4 votes out of 7.

Lol, I still think GT and OFG are shaping up as ones you want next to you when you go against the jury--by writing 2 post merge episodes and booting 3 jurors between them, plus Survivorerist last time...

*wonders if Surv appreciates the fact they voted him out in the Amber episode just like he wanted. Looks at Surv's vote and alternate this week and concludes--nope, no gratitude there...*

This concludes OFG's not-so-deep thoughts on this week's strategy.

08-16-01, 01:55 AM (EST)
36. "RE: damn, I already voted! :)"
OFG,

Wow, I've tried to consider all the angles this time, but the fact of the matter is this: In leaving GG the most interesting situation I could devise, I painted myself into a corner as far as trying to spoil ep 11.

Oh well, live and learn; I have no idea what GG has in mind and his promo was no help to me at all, dammit.

Anyway, while all you say is interesting, one thing you aren't taking into account is the "altered state" in which DK was left at the end of ep 10. Even if she comes down from her trip in ep 11, she doesn't have to let on that she has, and no one who ends up on the jury during her "trip" can really fault her for anything.

But oh well, my vote is cast, I'll be interested in seeing what others (particularly flying squirrel, damn good instinct that one has) come up with, and I anticipate GG will have an ep 11 that will knock us all out!

08-16-01, 04:30 AM (EST)
38. "Potion aftermath"
dabo, I have no idea what GG will do either and the promo left me in the dark--wait wasn't that in the promo? It worked!

One more response on your new analysis:

>> one thing you aren't taking into account is the
>"altered state" in which DK was left at the end
>of ep 10. Even if she comes down from her trip in ep 11,
>she doesn't have to let on that she has, and
>no one who ends up on the jury during her "trip" can really fault her for anything.

Ahem--didn't you reveal that OFG cooked up that potion and monitored DK throughout? I think OFG can gauge the trip meter and recognize when the traveler returns... lots of experience in that department, lol, too much to be taken in by fake stonage...

So listen up, DK! GT and I hold you totally accountable for what you do in Episode 11. We don't want to hear about how no stinking houseboat party made you do it!

Rule No.1
You smoke the piper for your actions
If you drink da brown gufu potion,
So don't play if you don't wanna pay
And don't bogart that massage lotion...

It goes something like that I'm pretty sure.
DK knows the rule, I can assure you.

08-16-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Potion aftermath"
>>> one thing you aren't taking into account is the
>>"altered state" in which DK was left at the end
>>of ep 10. Even if she comes down from her trip in ep 11,
>>she doesn't have to let on that she has, and
>>no one who ends up on the jury during her "trip" can really fault her for anything.
>
>Ahem--didn't you reveal that OFG cooked
>up that potion and monitored
>DK throughout? I think
>OFG can gauge the trip
>meter and recognize when the
>traveler returns... lots of experience
>in that department, lol, too
>much to be taken in
>by fake stonage...
>
Ack, you're right, and that would mean OFG is safe as long as DK is on the trip, the others would get rid of DK before OFG because they wouldn't want to be stuck with the responsibility, and OFG could even prompt the performer in DK to play that she's still on the trip even after it's over, playing right into the estrogen alliance. I mean, they have to keep DK and OFG together, it would be cruel not to because the players aren't aware that know-it-all Tony Randall is on hand to babysit DK if she got the boot. Lord, that OFG is even more devious than I realized, sure wish I had another episode to write! No, wait, I didn't mean that, no no no noooooo.....

>Rule No.1
>You smoke the piper for your
>actions
>If you drink da brown gufu
>potion,
>So don't play if you don't
>wanna pay
>And don't bogart that massage lotion...

>

08-16-01, 12:48 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Potion aftermath"
>didn't you reveal that OFG cooked up that potion and monitored DK throughout?
>I think OFG can gauge the trip meter and recognize when the traveler returns... lots of
>experience in that department, lol, too much to be taken in by fake stonage...

OFG--I'm guessing that dabo doesn't have a lot of experience with Leary's Law of Tripping--Never alter someone's consciousness without their permission and ALWAYS take responsibility for the travelers under your wing!

And really, I think you're underestimating the whole sisterhood bond, coonhead--has it never occurred to you that the three of us had something in place from the very beginning? (I seem to recall a vague encounter in Slurpee's episode that was never explained truthfully. . . and you might want to re-read the Twister challenge in #8, to see if anyone was set up to win that one. . . and who, exactly was it who gave DK the perks in #9 #9 #9? . . .)

Honestly, men really think they have it all figured out in the world, don't they? (Lest you become too defensive, let me plant the seed that maybe we only LET you think that, because it suits our purpose. . .)

GT

08-16-01, 04:39 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Potion aftermath"
>And really, I think you're underestimating
>the whole sisterhood bond, coonhead

Oh, ya think I don't know 'bout dat, eh? Yah, like I fergot th thing wit th vultures 'n' bones, yah! Naw, I know 'bout dat stuff, eh. Dem wimps Downunder fergot dey was makin gonzo TV, ya know. Someone is gonna be on th jury holdin a grudge an I hope dat someone don't wimp out like dat Jerri, ya know, but unload with both barrels, eh, give dem two what fer but good! Yah, I know th score awright, youbetcha!

>Honestly, men really think they have
>it all figured out in
>the world, don't they? (Lest
>you become too defensive, let
>me plant the seed that
>maybe we only LET you
>think that, because it suits
>our purpose. . .
)
>
>
>GT

LOL!!!

08-16-01, 10:08 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Potion aftermath"
dabo, dear. . . you really have gone out of your way to ensure I get my daily quota of chuckles, you know it?

*gives coonhead a friendly bump--and a hug, cuz he's a good sport*

GT

08-16-01, 12:45 PM (EST)
40. "RE: GT alt OFG"

>*wonders if Surv appreciates the fact they voted him out in the Amber episode {position} ... Looks at Surv's vote and alternate this week and concludes--nope, no gratitude there...*
>
lol! I have to say, it amazed me that the tribe didn't expect Surv to go in episode 10, you handed me a situation virtually guaranteed to go to the deadlock rule, with Surv not only carrying the most votes but all the players knew he was carrying the most votes: reasonably the only thing that could have saved him was immunity. I tried to telegraph it in my promo as well, had Surv off camera at the top and bottom with the close-up line thrown in the middle; no, he's just such a nice guy, no one wanted to see him go. Oh well, it was interesting.

08-16-01, 12:55 PM (EST)
42. "dabo"
Didn't I vote for Surv on the boards? I think I got it--but of course, there was also the huge possibility that it was all a red herring. . .

GT
*who is beginning to wonder if coonhead and OFG EVER go to sleep!* (Really giving that ho' meter a workout, you two! )

08-16-01, 05:11 PM (EST)
45. "Not a vote--Surv's boot"
Lol dabo,
you are so right that I set Surv up for Ep 10--although I did it knowing he wanted to go so I didn't want to throw in any obstacles. Of course you could have gotten around that but I suspect you wanted to help the kid get his wish.

Actually, I SAVED Surv for Episode 10 (and a tie with Amber), when he was the obvious one to go in Ep 9 when the AA's had the majority. Poor sleeeve paid the price for that. sleeeve might well have won too and frankly I had a soft spot for my fellow AA spoiler. Plus I unknowingly screwed up sleeeve's chance to tie with Sean--for which he graciously held no hard feelings.

Apparently all the people with former Survivor agendas wanted to go in Episode 10 and only one of them could have the coveted spot of 6th place. LMAO

I liked every character (and poster) in the story and so there was no fun choice in eliminating someone, not at all. Unlike that OTHER game where people were just waiting for their chance to get someone gone...

*ROFLMAO at dabo's "you betcha" speech up above and at GT's Tim Leary maxim*

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-01, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "Estrogen alliance (not a vote)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-01 AT 10:51 PM (EST)

The original "estrogen alliance" in Survivor proved to be a fantasy. During S1, there were three schools of thought about what would happen in the final six (after Gervase got Xed-out). One school held that the three women (Sue, Kelly, and Colleen) would ally and get rid of the men; it didn't happen.

The estrogen alliance in Survivor UK was real, though -- and I think it's more likely that it's real here as well, at least for now. The problem with it is that dangerkitty can't really feel safe in a final three of herself, GT, and OFG; she needs at least one man in there to balance out the field. Of course, that man shouldn't be too good at challenges ... kinda like Rudy ... does anyone know where dangerkitty might find a Rudy type in BV?

And ... doesn't that seem to indicate that the AA alliance never really broke up? Could there be a final three pact between the three remaining AAs (and maybe a final two pact within that?) that sleeeve wasn't a part of? OK, OFG, outspoil that!

08-16-01, 11:47 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Estrogen alliance (not a vote)"
As BV is a SPOOF of Survivor, doesn't it make sense that what goes here is contrary to what actually happened? Also, you need to factor in the fact that BV contestants all KNEW each other beforehand--yes, some better than others, but we had advantages over the "real" show from the get-go. . .

For my money, leaving the men out of the F3 would make for the ultimate spoof. (Sorry, guys--I love ya! always have. . . )

GT
(who notices this Aya character is racking up the DAWs in a pretty respectable fashion, himself!)

08-17-01, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "Brainwashing (not a vote)"
>Also, you need to factor in the fact that BV
>contestants all KNEW each other beforehand--
>yes, some better than others, but we had advantages over
>the "real" show from the get-go. . .

Wow ... I never knew brainwashing could be so effective ... they came out of this show believing that they knew each other before it (muh-wah-hah-hah-hah) ... I wish I knew the name of that hypnotist that shakes used ... Kevorkian or something like that, wasn't it? Older guy? Hands were a little bit shaky? Kept talking about youth in Asia (I couldn't figure out how the sewer-side machine he kept talking about was going to help them).

08-17-01, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "Paging Mr. Heisenberg..."
... Mr. Heisenberg please report to the Blowsvivor Board... Mr. Heisenberg...

Meow!

08-17-01, 00:56 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Paging Mr. Heisenberg..."
Werner Karl Heisenberg (1901-1976) regarded as the father of quantum physics, developed his uncertainty principle in 1927 in regard to the accuracy with which both the position and momentum of an object could be established at any particular time, which is to say that neither can actually be known with absolute certainty.

08-17-01, 01:54 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Paging Mr. Heisenberg..."
thanks for the info, dabo:
I'm woefully ignorant about modern physics. I know the word "quark" only because it's in Finnegans Wake (I think it was borrowed from Joyce, or Joyceans like to think that)...

But Heisenberg's principle does seem to apply to BlowsVivor--either to a particular player or an alliance:

>>the accuracy with which both the position and momentum of an object could be established at any particular time, which is to say that neither can actually be known with absolute certainty.

*Checks her position and momentum* *starts to feel like Alice through the Looking Glass when the Red Queen told her, "here it takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place."

08-17-01, 10:11 AM (EST)
56. "The key to uncertainty..."
...is that Heisenberg, unlike the people who want to apply his theory to the world as a whole, was focused on subatomic particles. These particles were able to stay "under the radar", so to speak, because they were so small that even a photon (a particle of light) could disturb their motion patterns. Uncertainty rests on the idea that these subatomic particles don't travel in fixed patterns, like the "orbits" of the Bohr atom, but instead exist in fixed relationships ... which relationships are disturbed or even broken by the mere act of trying to find their location or motion.

Einstein (my pick as smartest, BTW -- Shakespeare was drawing from existing stories and art forms, whereas poor Einstein, unable to find a top teaching job, was stuck at the patent office, examining applications ... while developing the real "grand unified theory" that tied together all the things that scientists knew about the physical world and a bunch of things that they didn't yet know but would find out) was a supporter of the Bohr model; his famous quote, "God does not play dice with the universe" was intended to deride his pupil's theory. But Heisenberg, like Einstein, had built his theory to correspond with the known realities, including the experiments of Einstein's friend Max Born, and soon even Niels Bohr himself became a believer. Born, in his dotage, was awarded the Nobel Prize for the experiments that Heisenberg referenced.

I don't know how to apply this to BV, though... But I do have one piece of trivia. Born's son wanted to be an opera singer, but (under heavy pressure from his father) he eventually settled into a "respectable" life as a professor, although he moved to Australia to get away from his father's shadow. Born's son's daughter rejected the Born family name entirely and decided to focus on singing, as her dad had wanted to do ... and we know her today as Olivia Newton-John.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-01, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: The key to uncertainty..."
<<<Born's son's daughter rejected the Born family name entirely and decided to focus on singing, as her dad had wanted to do ... and we know her today as Olivia Newton-John. >>>

Wow! Nice bit of trivia desert dude! I'm gonna stash this one away in my brain and dazzle my friends in the real world with my amazing mental prowess! Just as an FYI, all of my RL friends (including my husband) are wondering how come I've got all this really cool information about things now and why, they wonder, is she do much more inteligent now?

Hee hee...thanks SB for making me the brain giant I am today!

mistofleas --runs off to re-evaluate Keplers theory of an ever expanding universe

08-17-01, 10:42 AM (EST)
58. "RE: The key to uncertainty..."
If you reduce the uncertainty principle to:
You can never be certain of anything at any time. --
It becomes a sort of truism that can be applied outside of the realm of subatomic physics, albeit a rather paranoid truism. How to apply it? Seriously, I wouldn't recommend it, at best you can make it a reminder to stay on your toes.

08-17-01, 05:37 PM (EST)
63. "What I Meant Was..."
GT's observation about male players might change the outcome of the game by affecting the opinion of future authors.

The Hiesenberg reference was to the idea that mere observation can effect a change in that which is being observed.

Meow!

08-17-01, 05:51 PM (EST)
64. "RE: What I Meant Was..."
Surely, it didn't take you 11 episodes to figure that out, Ice. . . (at least, it seemed to me that you've been playing along the whole way, as well!)

GT

08-17-01, 06:20 PM (EST)
65. "Moi?"
<blink>

Meow!

08-17-01, 06:35 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Moi?"
Thanks for the laugh, scrunchy-boy!

(And I'm sorry I had to go with the sisterhood thing to get this far, but somehow figured the sex angle had more drawbacks. . . I assure you, this is in no way a reflection of my assessment of you or your desirability--which is considerable! )

GT
*tosses a catnip mouse under the sofa to distract him*

08-17-01, 07:43 PM (EST)
67. "Slightly different take"
Actually, IceCat, I had a slightly different take, which I was hoping that someone would pick up on. Back to a sentence from my previous post:

>>>Uncertainty rests on the idea that these subatomic particles don't travel in fixed patterns, like the "orbits" of the Bohr atom, but instead exist in fixed relationships ... which relationships are disturbed or even broken by the mere act of trying to find their location or motion.<<<

The word "relationships" above is technically accurate, but my intent was to see (or should that be seee?) if anyone would conclude that one of the players might become nervous about his or her place in his or her alliances (which are most definitely relationships) and start trying to verify them ... but the act of verification itself changes (or even ends) the alliances.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-17-01, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Slightly different take"
>>>>Uncertainty rests on the idea that these subatomic particles don't travel in fixed patterns, like the "orbits" of the Bohr atom, but instead exist in fixed relationships ... which relationships are disturbed or even broken by the mere act of trying to find their location or motion.<<<
>
>The word "relationships" above is technically
>accurate, but my intent was
>to see (or should that
>be seee?) if anyone would
>conclude that one of the
>players might become nervous about
>his or her place in
>his or her alliances (which
>are most definitely relationships) and
>start trying to verify them
>... but the act of
>verification itself changes (or even
>ends) the alliances.

Okay... clearly you figured that the one of us that has extensive chemistry background would pick up on this comment... sadly I must admit that, instead of thinking about the consequences of testing an alliance (and thereby disturbing the delicate system), you instead brought back vivid memories of my quantum chemistry classes and of perturbation theory, which made me balk at the immense amount of calculus necessary to do these equations.

The next thing that I remember is waking up moaning "no more math, no more math."

What was my point again???

-sleeeve... who has always maintained that this principle makes "Survivor" un-reality television.

08-16-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
43. "Vote Tally As Of Now"
This thresd contains 42 responses with 14 well-reasoned votes, the current standings are:

George Tirebiter: 5 votes (0 alt)
RudyRules: 3 votes (3 alt)
IceCat: 3 votes (2 alt)
Dangerkitty: 2 votes (1 alt)
Outfrontgirl: 1 vote (2 alt)

Come on the rest of you, don't let GG's unspoilable promo get you down, you gotta vote you gotta vote you gotta vote!!!

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-01, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RR"

"In the eye of the hurricane, the thrill is always worth the pain."- Flirting With Disaster (Bruce Willis)
Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

08-17-01, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Vote for IceCat"
Everyone knows that I don't do the spoiler thing, but I've been listening and think that the estrogen alliance is a well thought out and strong bond. However, that bond is between GT and OFG and did not include DK. The only way that they could make it work is to keep DK with then at least to the final 3 and then knock her out and have themselves as the final 2.

Now the reason I come up with this is because both OFG and GT knew that by mixing the sassafrass root and nettles with featherfew and wild catnip...they would not only have a powerful "feel good" potion, but a wicked mind control drug as well. I'll bet you anything that the "binding agent" they used was goldenrod.

IceCats gotta go...another cat could influence their control over DK so he's outta here.

mistofleas --crosses her fingers and hopes she's right

08-17-01, 10:57 AM (EST)
59. "Hopelessly devoted tooo....."
Wow, misto, we need to apply for the patent before it gets out of hand and everyone starts brewing up the stuff !! {Sigh} Well, folks that want to try it should probably leave out the willow bark, that stuff shouldn't be administered to children for reasons I won't go into.

08-17-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
60. "Aspirin"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-01 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

As dabo undoubtedly knows, salicylic acid comes from willow bark. One form of salicylic acid is known by its former trade name: Aspirin, which was the name Bayer coined for the product when it first synthesized salicylic acid.

For some reason, which no one has been able to determine, a small percentage of small children who are given aspirin for fever develop a sometimes-fatal swelling of the brain known as Reye's syndrome -- which is why we give small children non-aspirin medications like Tylenol or Advil today. I presume that's also the reason for dabo's caution about giving willow bark to children.

Somewhat older children use lots of salicylic acid, though -- it's an active ingredient in many acne medications.

Edited to move location of apostrophe in Reye's syndrome, which I had originally spelled as Reyes' syndrome. Sorry, GT! Thanks!

08-17-01, 03:15 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Aspirin"
After catching up on all these posts, I was going to comment on how fortunate we are to have such deliciously brainy men to titillate our tastebuds. . . but then you had to get into talk of acne, and totally ruined my mood. . .

And I believe it's "Reye Syndrome," not "Reyes." Seems to me that DĄck Van Dyke lost a grandchild to that , and he was instrumental in pushing for publicity about the danger of aspirin for kids. (And I believe they're supposed to avoid it 'til they're safely past their teens--though topical use seems to be less of an issue.)

GT
(who's hoping if this thresd can't get back on-track, it'll at least get a lot more silly than this--and who is also glad she thought to Preview, cuz she completely forgot that a man's name might be 'worthy" of editing into ####!! Good grief!)

08-17-01, 03:21 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Fleabag's expertise"
*applauds fleabag--who may not be a Spoiler, but recognizes a good clue when she sees one*

I thought dabo was awfully clever to find a way to include you (and other board members) in his episode, but you have taken a mere cameo to a higher level--way to go with what you know, misto!

GT

08-20-01, 09:55 AM (EST)
69. "RE: Fleabag's expertise"
>>>but you have taken a mere cameo to a higher level--way to go with what you know, misto!>>>

When I whore, I whore big!!!

mistofleas --has never been above jumping up and down to get attention

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •