The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BV Final 4 Vote Thresd: Still Chicago-style, so vote like the show's ending"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences BlowsVivor Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-01, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BV Final 4 Vote Thresd: Still Chicago-style, so vote like the show's ending"
Vote in the subject line like this here (except you'll want to use people who are still in the game, of course):

Skierdude/Rhino/Pepe/Dalton WINS!

I'm purty sure that's how it used to be done in S2.

Alternatively:

Anchovies/Ben & Jerry's/Bananas/Escargot wins!

Vote early, vote often, and in honor of Harry Carey, spell a few words backwards (and am I the only one who wished he lived long enough to say Chan Ho Park's name backwards? g'ahead, say it, it's a giggle).

Yeah, I'm a DAW. Is that a problem?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The no-vote list AyatollahKhomeini 08-27-01 1
   DK/OFG/IC/RR Wins! ItzLisa 08-28-01 8
 I/H/N/C LadyT 08-27-01 2
 DK/OFG/Ice/RR wins! dabo 08-28-01 3
 R/D/O/I not sleeeve 08-28-01 4
 OFG/RR/DK/IC PepeLePew13 08-28-01 5
   RR and then Ice Cat and then OFG an... Kismet 08-28-01 9
       Pie for clowns? (not a vote) AyatollahKhomeini 08-28-01 10
 shakes/shakes/shakes/your booty SherpaDave 08-28-01 6
 OFG/DK/IC/RR MakeItStop 08-28-01 7
 DK/RR/OFG/IC Lisapooh 08-28-01 11
 RR-OFG-DK-IC HawkEye 08-28-01 12
 DK-RR-OFG-IC idiotcowboy 08-28-01 13
   The Vote Thresds Unlocked!!!!! WooH... Drive My Car 08-29-01 14
       Final three order (not a vote) AyatollahKhomeini 08-29-01 15
 OFG/IC/RR MakeItStop 08-29-01 16
 RR/OFG/IC not sleeeve 08-29-01 17
   Getting there (not a vote) AyatollahKhomeini 08-29-01 18
 RR/OFG/IC PepeLePew13 08-30-01 19
 FINAL VOTE TOTALS AyatollahKhomeini 08-30-01 20
 The closest AyatollahKhomeini 09-04-01 21
   RE: The closest Lisapooh 09-04-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-27-01, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The no-vote list"
The ONLY people on the no-vote list are flying squirrel and me, because we know the outcome of the final three. I'm very curious about everyone else's predictions, because I have a strong hunch that this could end up like S1: there is an obvious order, but will people see it?

I'm going to post a joint preview for the two parts of E13 on dangerkitty's E12 preview thread later tonight, just to help you out (and because I'm such a nice media whore). flying squirrel may even have seen a TV ad!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-28-01, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "DK/OFG/IC/RR Wins!"
Because this is how Dabo voted, and I never expressed my gratitude for his starting a thresd on OT for Vampy and I turn into a Def Leppard hijack! THANKS DABS!!!!

Ooooh, baby....Itzy's starvin' today! I'm goin' out on my last vote, not with anything fancy, but with my good old favorite! A Whopper with cheese from Burger King, also Burger King fries, and a large diet Dr. Pepper!!!

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-01, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I/H/N/C"
I
Have
No
Clue
Clue is the person that wins.
I can't get into the minds of these writers, they are too smart for me.
-----------------------
"So what are my chances
of honest advances
I'd say low
Better to win
by admitting my sin
than to lose with a halo"
-Evita

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-01, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "DK/OFG/Ice/RR wins!"

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

not sleeeve 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-28-01, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail not%20sleeeve Click to send private message to not%20sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "R/D/O/I"
Okay... here's how it plays out.

IceCat, as the final remaining member of his tribe, is at a clear disadvantage, and should be logically eliminated from the game...

However, allies DK and OFG know that now is their chance to whittle down their tribe without fear of retribution.

The two of them make it known (secretly) to IceCat that they plan to vote out RR... they warn him that if he tries to approach RR to form an alliance, they will change their vote and eliminate him, instead.

IceCat knows that RR has misplaced, fierce loyalty to his tribe (call it "Amber Syndrome"), so he goes along with the plan, and eliminates RR.

However, DK and OFG underestimated IC's ability in the challenges... they should have taken RR to the final three (because he is a weaker IC threat), but instead, they chose to take him... and he shows why it was a bad idea by "spoiling" their plan and winning the final immunity challenge (and a conjugal visit from shakes the clown)...

IC chooses to take OFG to the finals, because he believes that he will be more likely to beat her...

And he's right... becoming the first ever contestant to have a comeback from a disadvantaged tribe, to win it all.

The clincher is when GT gives an impassioned speech, accusing OFG of betraying her... despite OFG's ally, sleeeve's best efforts to clear her name, it's not enough.

There is NOTHING up my sleeeve...

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "OFG/RR/DK/IC"
Well... looking at how it played out in Survivor 1, we had Sue and her soapbox in 4th place, followed by the crusty but lovable old man Rudy in 3rd, then the athletic Kelly lost a close battle to the proud, gay, fat Dicque.

Here, we've got Outfrontgirl, being a good friend of the recently voted-out GT -- GT will leave her soapbox for OFG to use. DK may be the more physical threat to be eliminated first, but IC will get her through this vote meaning OFG goes.

Whoever of IceCat and DangerKitty wins the final IC will choose to take the other than to keep the popular RudyRules and risk losing the final vote.

DangerKitty attempts to bat her eyes and purr her way through the final vote - after all, who can resist such an alluring femme fatale? However, IceCat comes through with a passionated speech complete with virtual vidcaps to prove that he's the most worthy Blowsvivor. IceCat wins the final jury vote.

My food vote: Chicken shishkebab/Roasted potatoes/Rice/Rickard's Red/Breyer's Chocolate Ice Cream ... and look who's my waiter tonight -- none other than the Clown who thought he won but really couldn't hack it in SV in the first place. I prefer to think that BV exhibited the best in many of us in showing our writing talent and providing some good fun for the most part (the last few days notwithstanding - that was a blip on the radar we'll get over with added wisdom on how to handle things in the future).

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Kismet 802 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-28-01, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kismet Click to send private message to Kismet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RR and then Ice Cat and then OFG and then DK"
Noone wants to go up against RR in the final 2, so he is gone. OFG and DK both think they can beat each other in the final 2. DK wins by one vote.

Hiyas Pepe! Remember how I told you I would back up your hijack a few weeks ago? Well the hidden text distracted me faster than chocolate oranges distract DK. So here I am to fulfill my promise. *winks at Pepe* Better late than never right?
The *gasp* final hijack. Someone will have to keep me away from the real vote thresd on spoilers after this, until I get used to it. Muahahahahahahahaaaa!!!
So what did you give me to work with? Lunch and a slam on clowns.. Well, they have both been done to death, but it is traditional and fitting for the close of the BV series. So how bout we mix them together? Join together with me peeps. What type of pie is best when thrown at clowns? Come on people, you know that you all have an opinion on this.. Let's play know your pies.. Come on AK release that inner anarchist one last time before you have to buckle down for the season. You KNOW you want to..
Kismet
"Do you ever get down on your knee's and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?"

08-28-01, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Pie for clowns? (not a vote)"
Custard and whipped cream are traditional clown pies, but I think certain clowns prefer a rhubarb. Both creating one and wearing one.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-01, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "shakes/shakes/shakes/your booty"
Because, as much as shakes would like to believe it, he doesn't win. And because you've all got fine booties.

Yeah, I'm a DAW. Is that a problem?

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-01, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "OFG/DK/IC/RR"
No real reason, just a hunch.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "DK/RR/OFG/IC"
I've yet to be right so why should I even try to explain myself.

and coconut cream pie with lots of meringue is the best for pie tossing - but I prefer that it be sliced up EXACTLY evenly first.

HawkEye 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-28-01, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HawkEye Click to send private message to HawkEye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RR-OFG-DK-IC"
Ok, here is how it will all go down.

IceCat is the likely vote, but he wins Immunity. RR goes for DK because she has the most votes against, DK and OFG vote RR, and IC in a surprise votes OFG. The boot is RR. and his little dog too!
DK wins immunity, and IC once again looks like a gone cat, but in a shocker DK takes IC with herin the finals. The pact has been with DK and IC from the beginning, the editing made it look otherwise. Those sneaky writers.

Winner IC in a 4-3 vote. <IC-RR,SirE,OFG,GT> or not

Nothing can hide from the eye of a HAWK, except a except a felinaly

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-01, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "DK-RR-OFG-IC"
Not sure of anything except the first one though...

-ICB

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-01, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "The Vote Thresds Unlocked!!!!! WooHoo"
Ummmm, can I still vote?
No?
OK, can I get in on the Clown Pie hijack thing?

I think Clowns love Neil Diamond, so my vote is for Porcupine Pie

08-29-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
15. "Final three order (not a vote)"
I'm not going to lock the vote thread until right before we post the final episode, so feel free to vote for the "final three" order on this thread. "Final four" order votes are complete, though. You may vote again if your final four is toast (in other words, if you didn't pick dk for fourth). Hijacks OK. We all need a break.

After the final episode goes up, I'll post some voting breakdowns.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-01, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "OFG/IC/RR"
OK, I'm voting again (dabo will be proud) since my original PTTE sucked. This one is probably no better. *sigh*

not sleeeve 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-29-01, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail not%20sleeeve Click to send private message to not%20sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RR/OFG/IC"
My final four is shot, so here's the final three:

RR's under-the-radar game was brilliant... it took him to the final three, and if he can make it to the jury, he will win, hands down. RR has done nothing to offend anyone on the jury, and will likely get all 7 votes.

OFG and IC are aware of this, and consequently, they will not take RR to the jury, because both of them have much better chances of winning against each other.

There are two reasons to suspect that RR will get the boot:

1) Face Time... RR just hasn't had enough throughout the series to qualify him as the winner... I just don't believe it's possible.

2) Playing the Odds... in a purely neutral situation, there is a 2/3 chance that RR will not win immunity... since life is not neutral, I'd give it more like 80% odds. Thus, RR will probably be booted from the game.

This leaves OFG and IC to face the jury.

IC beats OFG in a 4-3 vote, as outlined in my previous picks... why??? Well, AyaProbe said in an interview that "the winner had been set up from the beginning." I take this to be a sort of Tina-esque statement...

Who better to win the show, than the guy who wasn't supposed to be on, until there was a last-minute cancellation, and Shakes Burnett had to yank someone from the crew to fill their shoes (the true story, exposed)... and besides, IceCat is the only one of the Blowsvivors to develop a website... he must want to extend his 15 minutes of fame through this avenue.

If I'm wrong, well, it's because I'm no spoiler... after all, I'm not sleeeve.

If I'm right... well that just goes to show you that I'm not sleeeve... when was that guy ever right???

This will probably be my last post (at least until I am needed again), so, for now... this is not sleeeve, signing off.

One more point: sleeeve should have won... I love that guy, and we have reconciled our differences. I hope that sleeeve and I never fight again.

There is NOTHING up my sleeeve...

08-29-01, 11:07 PM (EST)
18. "Getting there (not a vote)"
not sleeeve, this is some pretty good analysis. You may not be sleeeve, but you're getting to be an astute spoiler anyway.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-01, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RR/OFG/IC"
Can't find any argument with notsleeeve's analysis of the final three...

Here's my revote:

RudyRules is an obvious goner in 3rd place because he's too likeable to risk a final vote and the odds are considerably great that the other two would grab the immunity challenge.

Then you have a final vote between OFG's profundity of topics on the soapbox left behind by GT and IceCat's dazzling virtual vidcap display to convince the jury that he's the most deserving winner. IceCat wins because he manages to show virtual vidcaps of pleasant moments between himself and each of the members of the jury, thus swaying a couple extra votes his way to win by a narrow margin over OFG.

Tonight's food vote is my grandmother's fabulous beef stew, a bag of Reddenbudder's popcorn and some Chai Tea, an exotic Chinese blend of five different spices.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

08-30-01, 10:10 PM (EST)
20. "FINAL VOTE TOTALS"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-01 AT 10:57 PM (EST)

Actually, I don't have time to do the final vote totals right now, but I need to lock this thread. It's my understanding that the first part of the final episode (through the last IC) will be posted around midnight to 12:30 AM tonight. The second part will be posted in the wee hours of the morning (don't wait up!). The epilogue will be posted ... sometime ... if I ever get around to it.

I'll edit this post to add the final vote totals later.

09-04-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
21. "The closest"
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-01 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

I unlocked this thread to pay homage to those pickers who came closest in this vote. Two peeps, Lisapooh and idiotcowboy, got the two boots correct but missed predicting the winner. To you two, I give the AyatollahKhomeini award, since I did the same thing in S2.

notsleeeve was close, just reversing the boot order and also missing the final two pick. Had you been sleeeve, you might have done better.

Finally, PepeLePew13 (in a final three pick) correctly booted RudyRules first but, like the others, missed the winner.

In fact, NO ONE on this thread correctly picked the winner. Congratulations to Outfrontgirl for confounding the experts, in the manner of Richard instead of Kelly. So, what was the "clue" that I alluded to earlier? Well, it's in E1, and OFG talks about it in her closing statement -- look at the matchups in the very first challenge of BV (OFG bests IceCat, RudyRules wins, dangerkitty loses). However. OFG located a second (and equally viable, as it turned out) clue that she revealed in her post at the end of E13: my insistence that #6 in The Prisoner would NOT have turned out to be #1 in the final episode of the show, so his equivalent (IceCat) would not be #1 here!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for voting and for being a good sport about it.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-01, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The closest"
since cowboy and I live in the same city, I'm gonna see what I can do about a victory parade in our honor. Congratulations cowboy (but I picked them FIRST!)

AK - feel free to act as grand marshall - you've definitely earned it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •