The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BlowsVivorBlows Tribe: Ep. 8 Voting Time"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences BlowsVivor Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-01, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BlowsVivorBlows Tribe: Ep. 8 Voting Time"
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-01 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

OK, let's get this carnival on the road, because Ep. 8 is a wrap and coming soon to a terminal near you. Please make this thresd slither like a snake to please Kismet and Ebug, but more importantly. VOTE for a BOOTEE in your subject line because our host and votecounter is quite tired and it's hard work to figure out from these posts what the heck you're voting for.

I know you haven't been too serious about voting before, I suspect because odds are you would be wrong, but we're now down to 9 people AND we have AyaK's excellent recap to clear up all the confusion about who's thinking what (well maybe not).

So follow 2 guides and put the 2 togather and you'll get it
(1) The logic of AyaK's summary
(2) The logic of GT's brain

BuWaHaHaHa....!

Edited to add that I can't vote because I'm up to write Ep 9 as a midway midseason replacement for Pendragon. So the rest of you have to make up for the numerous times I would have voted (and yet I've still been wrong every time). Oh and Skier's not allowed to vote either.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 SherpaDave SherpaDave 07-13-01 1
   RE: SherpaDave Outfrontgirl 07-13-01 2
       RE: SherpaDave George Tirebiter 07-13-01 4
           Votes by GT and OFG (not a vote) AyatollahKhomeini 07-13-01 5
 Survivorerist AyatollahKhomeini 07-13-01 3
 Mon Cherie LadyT 07-13-01 6
 RE: Sleeeeeeve janisella 07-13-01 7
 Mon Cherie not sleeeve 07-13-01 8
 Mon Cherie dangerkitty 07-13-01 9
 RudyRules Survivorerist 07-14-01 10
 TART!! TART!! TART!! VampKira 07-14-01 11
   Mon Cherie ItzLisa 07-14-01 13
       RE: Mon Cherie VampKira 07-14-01 14
 IceCat Superman 07-14-01 12
 Survivorchick flying squirrel 07-14-01 15
   ROFL at Flying Squirrel Outfrontgirl 07-14-01 16
       RE: ROFL at Flying Squirrel George Tirebiter 07-14-01 17
 Outfrontgirl Outfrontgirl 07-15-01 18
   RE: Outfrontgirl VampKira 07-15-01 19
 AyaProbe dabo 07-15-01 20
   RE: AyaProbe and a dental rant soap... Kismet 07-15-01 21
       RE: AyaProbe and a dental rant soap... Outfrontgirl 07-16-01 23
       RE: AyaProbe and a dental rant soap... ItzLisa 07-16-01 28
       RE: AyaProbe and a dental rant soap... MakeItStop 07-16-01 30
 DK Kokoro 07-15-01 22
 SurvivorChick SherpaDave 07-16-01 24
   RE: SurvivorChick Outfrontgirl 07-16-01 26
 Vote totals so far... AyatollahKhomeini 07-16-01 25
   Dental hijack Outfrontgirl 07-16-01 27
   RE: Vote totals so far... ItzLisa 07-16-01 29
   SherpaDave SherpaDave 07-16-01 31
 Survivorchick Survivorchick 07-16-01 32
   hugs the Chick Outfrontgirl 07-16-01 34
 All dentists....or at least shoddy ... mistofleas 07-16-01 33
 RudyRules Drive My Car 07-16-01 35
 KISMET Outfrontgirl 07-16-01 36
   Kismet flying squirrel 07-16-01 37
 Vote total so far... AyatollahKhomeini 07-16-01 38
 Mon Cherie aymelek 07-16-01 39
 Mon Cherrie idiotcowboy 07-16-01 40
 Final Vote Totals AyatollahKhomeini 07-16-01 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-01, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "SherpaDave"
In a fit of pique, GT brings me on as a contestant just so she can vote me off.

07-13-01, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SherpaDave"
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-01 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

INCORRECT!!! You, Dave, ARE the weakest link. The Bootee must be chosen from the remaining 9 contestants or this thing will never end. But nice try for Center-of-Attention.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-13-01, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SherpaDave"
>You, Dave, ARE the weakest link.
I must agree! And Slurp--this perception you have of me as a dangerous woman. . . REALLY. . . *flashes smile and fangs get hung up on lip* I don't know which was more pathetic--your Dalton boot, or your subsequent paranoia of MY retaliation! HAHAhahahahaha!

Do I get to vote on this thread?

GT

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-13-01, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Votes by GT and OFG (not a vote)"
Sure, everyone can vote -- if the authors can vote for themselves in the Summer Story Competition, why shouldn't you be able to vote here?

(ANOTHER rule bites the dust...)

By the way, to everyone who offered to write Episode 9 in place of Pendragon, I appreciate all of your offers, and I intend to thank you individually via e-mail (one of these days). If I could have found a way to split E9 into little pieces, I would have let you each have a nibble of it ... but it had to stay intact, and that meant only one writer.

07-13-01, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Survivorerist"
The AA alliance doesn't break up yet. Surv's efforts to portray himself as an AA (which he was) and a BB (which he is) backfire when both sides find out he's been making deals behind their backs, and he is unanimously booted.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-01, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Mon Cherie"
Cause shes the real deal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
while she wants to be the Queen
and she thinks about her scene
pulls her hair back and she screams
I don't really want to be the Queen!
~Meet Virgina~

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-13-01, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sleeeeeeve"
No particular reason. just a WAG. BTW, is he allowed to post vid caps after he's booted?

not sleeeve 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-13-01, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail not%20sleeeve Click to send private message to not%20sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Mon Cherie"
I've voted for her the past few weeks, and she hasn't gone yet, so I figure it's getting pretty close to time.

As always, my alternate vote (not that I need it, because I'm the best spoiler ever) will go to that pathetic, wannabe spoiler, sleeeve... If he gets booted, I'm gonna party like it's 1999.

There is NOTHING up my sleeeve...

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-13-01, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Mon Cherie"
Because it'll make things reeeeaaallly interesting on Loser..I mean MonkeyBoy...Island.

"Whatever charm school you went to, you should demand a full refund."
-a guy at my dojo, after I offered to kick his butt during sparring (he thought it wasn't very 'ladylike').

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-14-01, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RudyRules"
Just a hunch (with which I am 0/3 with so far).

Alternate: French Fries with Ranch Dressing. Something simple this time...

"I don't think we're being cocky, I just think we're the best."
- Survivor 1's Colleen Haskell

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-01, 04:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "TART!! TART!! TART!!"
Damn it... Damn it... Bring her on.. I am ready for that trollop on MB Island... I've got Supe's back (among OTHER things).. so she best watch it when she gets here.. but Oh, I have a feeling she is a coming this Ep. *giggles madly*

*sniiiiiiiiiiiiif*

(heads back into the bushes)

---------------------------------
"Let's spend the night together,
You'll wake up and live forever."
-Jamiroquai
Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-14-01, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Mon Cherie"
>Damn it... Damn it... Bring her on.. I am ready for that trollop on MB Island... I've got Supe's back (among OTHER things).. so she best watch it when she gets here..

*** I wanna referee the ensuing cat-fight (with all respect to DK and Ice, buaaahaaahaa!!!) Mon gets my vote... and ya never know...as Vampy's loyal second-banana/flunkie, I just miiiight have to fix the fight so that things go the vampire's way in round 2!

A roast beef sandwich with provolone, lettuce and a little mayo on a roll, a small bag of Munchos potato chips and a diet Dr. Pepper!

07-14-01, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Mon Cherie"
Woo HOo! Thanks, girlfriend!!

Munchos!!!! OMG <click> I LOVE those!!! The salt.. the texture... OH, Lisa la la!! You have gone and made me crave those now.. Hey kids! Guess whats for breakfast!!

-Jamiroquai

Superman 3156 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-01, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "IceCat"
Because he's wanted out of this game since Episode 2.

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-14-01, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Survivorchick"
We have four scenarios here for the boot:

1) Based on AK's recap, Survivorerist and Mon Cherie are isolated and accept their fate as potential victims of the AA Alliance now that Superman is gone.

2) Based on ICB's E7, and consistent with sleeeve's confessional thoughts in AK's recap, IceCat's rivalry with sleeeve could end with sleeeve trying to vote IceCat out. This makes good Survivor logic, but IceCat's popularity with the ladies may make this difficult ... and may even lead to sleeeve being booted.

3) We could have a cross-tribe alliance that votes out the "weakest link" ... or the biggest threat. If the two cooks and part-time stoners were looking to ally, as both ICB and AK were showing, they might see the other strong women in the game as their greatest threat: Survivorchick and dangerkitty. However, ICB and AK showed some ties between OFG and dangerkitty, which makes it more likely that the target would be Survivorchick.

4) The "Wizard of Oz" scenario refers to GT and OFG having a bad trip from all the drugs. They both have to be carted off to rehab, and no TC takes place.

Based on the game situation, I would say that only RudyRules is UTR this week (as was his strategy, per AK).

So, who do I think will go? SWAG: we'll play out scenario #3, and Survivorchick goes.

07-14-01, 03:23 PM (EST)
16. "ROFL at Flying Squirrel"
LMAO at you squirrel. I LOVE hearing your spoiler analysis.
Please don't ever leave us. But rehab? Never! I'll quit on my own before I go to one of those places with all the steps.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-14-01, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: ROFL at Flying Squirrel"
>I'll quit on my own before I go to one of those places with all the steps.
STEPS?! I can't DO steps! Shattered my knee a few years ago, and still prefer the elevator to all that shuffling. . .

Rehab? BAH!

GT

07-15-01, 04:30 AM (EST)
18. "Outfrontgirl"
BUMP!!!
need her to save me from Dalton!!!
Also she thinks GTs her good frend he he he but GT will black widow her this time fer sure, I'm calling it!

07-15-01, 05:04 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Outfrontgirl"
Buuuwwwaaah!! Skier!! Wazzzzzup, dude?????

-Jamiroquai

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-01, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "AyaProbe"
And don't give me no guff about it neither! Yep. it's quite obvious to me now, from the spoiler vidcaps. Ms. Soapbox is going to force another switch, but this time it will be her taking the host's place, him taking her place as a contestant, and then he'll get the boot because it's that puppetmistress "The K" who is really behind it all. Yep, that's gonna happen, you betcha. "The K" and her broomflyer "The M" have taken over the circus! Don't worry, though, I have a cunning plan. <evil laugh>

Kismet 802 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-15-01, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kismet Click to send private message to Kismet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: AyaProbe and a dental rant soapbox."
I hope so Dabo, if for no other reason than to see what you could do with my character. However, I wouldn't plan on it. I have it on good authority that GT is going to dethrone me tomorrow. It's good timing on her part as I will still be drugged tomorrow.

You see in January, I had a tooth abscess. Abscessing teeth are incredibly painful. So I went to the dentist. Now, I have never had so much as a cavity until I turned 22. I have naturally straight teeth, no braces or anything. When I was 22 I had my wisdom teeth out and one root canal. Everything else was just fine in my mouth. Then I had two kids in three years and now I have so much dental work that needs done it is unbelievable. The dentist gave me a 'summary' of the work I needed done and the total 'estimated' bill was over twelve thousand dollars. I had dental insurance up to $1500, and very bad credit. So I say, "do you make payment arrangements?" Every dentist in Dallas uses a credit card agency for their dental financing. So I run through my insurance with one root canal and crown. I run through my savings and the money I got in financing with my dad's cosign on the next three abscesses. I then say.. "umm Mr. dentist? I have another abscess(this was June), and I am out of money." He says I'm sorry. The only option is to go to the dental college in Downtown Dallas. They charge 60% less than regular dentists.

What I want to know is, if you have a medical emergency any hospital in America is forced to give you treatment. My abscessing teeth hurt worse than giving birth did. It is a medical condition. You can DIE from an abscess tooth(one of our presidents did, but I can't remember who), so why aren't dentists forced to treat you? I am not a deadbeat. We pay our bills. We have credit problems from mistakes we made more than 5 years ago when we were newlyweds and stupid. Why should money be an issue when it comes to medical treatment?

So I drive downtown to the Dental college. It seems that the goal down there is to make you feel like a lower life form. There I sit surrounded by fellow 'low-lifers' waiting to be 'screened' to see if I qualify for treatment. They don't do it based on money either. You have to pay up front for everything. They base your screening on how much work needs to be done and if they can fix you before the kids graduate. So I go in for my screening. The student who evaluates me likes me and she was very nice. She fixes my application so that I will be accepted and attaches a post it to the file asking that I be her patient. She goes and gets her 'supervisor'(Read: dentist who can't make private dentistry so turns to teaching) to look at my mouth. This giant man who looks very pissy comes over, jerks my mouth open and prods around. He doesn't say a damn word to me at all. He then abruptly stands up and says. 'Well, if all of these problems occured within 4 years it's obviously behavioral.' The student says "But most of the problems were caused when she was pregnant and she's not pregnant now." He says. "Yeah right. She will be popping out children left and right you watch." She says. " I really want her as a patient, she meets all of the criteria.' He says. "OK but I think you are wasting your time."

Now I am sitting less than a foot from this man when he says this. I am royally pissed, but regardless of my personality here, I am always nice in real life. Also, I don't have a whole lot of options if this falls through, and the price that she quoted me was $2,800, and I should be able to pay that. So I tell her that one of my back teeth is starting to abscess and my real dentist had prescribed antibiotics. She says well it will take a month or so to process this application, so you will have to come here at 6am and get a number. We treat only a certain number of emergencies a day. So, I leave feeling completely humiliated and the tooth didn't abscess again until yesterday. So tommorrow at 6 am I will be sitting in the waiting area with my $300, waiting to be humiliated.

I am sharing this with you all because the experience changed my outlook on many things. I never considered myself a snob before, but I discovered that I was in the waiting room. Now that I know how poor people are treated on a regular basis, I do not think I will ever view it the same way again. It was a very humbling experience that I will go through for the next two years. I guess I needed it though.

Anyway, I thought it was appropriate on GT's thresd to hijack with a rant. I vote for Mon Cherie because chocolate makes my teeth hurt.

Kismet

07-16-01, 01:44 AM (EST)
23. "RE: AyaProbe and a dental rant soapbox."
OMG Kis--
I empathize with you on so many levels here. Thank you for the painful story. It's so screwed up in this country that people with certain kinds of jobs can sort of get good health care (and the wealthy great care) while others are left up shit creek.

Also--the demeaning way you were treated... I have been there and so have many others. Don't they know you're a proud Leo?

Anyway I hope your ordeal goes well and you get some relief.
You're so right that an abscess hurts worse than just about anything. I had one as a post-root canal complication, which erupted the day after I landed in Hawaii for what I thought would be an awesome 2 week vacation (my first in years).

I spent the whole time in agony or drugged (and no, that didn't make it fun and I couldn't go swimming), because my insurance was no good outside California (but I ended up springing for emergency surgery 3 days from the end cause it just got too bad).

Just this week my "Pointless Literary Studies" group discussed a reference to the saying that for every child a mother gives up a tooth (minimum). Those little fetuses want tons of calcium, and they have the power to zap it out of our teeth if we're not getting enough (well that's my theory).

Perhaps you won't mind it if indeed you get dethroned as EO; you may find you don't feel so evil once you get some relief, do you think? Either that or you could turn your awesome powers towards getting us a decent med/dental program in the USA?

Hey, I helped Kismet hijack my own thresd!

07-16-01, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: AyaProbe and a dental rant soapbox."
Oh, KisKis!!! I don't even know what to say - "Horrible"? "Horrible" doesn't even cover what happened to you! And the thing that sucks is that you HAVE to have this done - yes, you are correct, I know that people can die from an abcessed tooth. I know a girl who went for what she thought was a routine toothache, found out that her tooth was abcessed, and that if she'd waited another two days, she'd have been dead. So it's no laughing matter (although I hope ya got laughing gas!), and you're at the mercy of this asshole! My Dad has a great saying about situations like that - "When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds follow" (I think that was actually attributed to Richard Nixon, but my Dad's been copping it off as his for years!) In any other "customer service" situation, you could rip the guy a new asshole. If you were returning a toaster, you could make this jerk cry Uncle for opening his big mouth. But this is a medical condition that needs to be taken care of ASAP, so there's not much you can do but wait till you're better, and THEN maybe lodge a complaint! The more important of the two is that you're going to be okay - get your tooth taken care of, THEN go back and deal with the way he treated you! My love goes with ya...

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-16-01, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: AyaProbe and a dental rant soapbox."
OMG Kismet! What a horrible experience. I learned a valuable lesson a few years back when my uncle almost became a homeless person. He couldn't find a job and had no savings. He was selling his stuff to get money. He was living in his van! I was just about to send him an airplane ticket when things turned around. He's doing great now. Before this happened to my uncle, I used to think homeless people were lazy. Now I know better. Good luck!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-15-01, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "DK"
Because she doesn't have any votes and I'm so not voting for GT!

----------------------------------------

To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wildflower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.

- William Blake

07-16-01, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "SurvivorChick"
And here's why: true spoilers know that the tribes ALWAYS stick together after the merge, at least until they've gotten a numerical advantage. However, as GT herself has pointed out, she's no spoiler. She is, in fact, the antithesis of a spoiler. And the opposite of a spoiler says that the spoilers have gotta be wrong. So it's gotta be one of the tribe that's down a vote. And a casual perusal leads me to believe that's SChick. Her face time hasn't been all that great, which is another spoiler that we have to reverse. Her storyline isn't very well developed to this point, so that's another spoiler saying she stays which we have to ignore. All told, SChick should be the safest person on the whole damned show, and that's why I think she goes.

Alternate vote: RudyRules, for pretty much the same reasons given above.

07-16-01, 03:06 AM (EST)
26. "RE: SurvivorChick"
ROFLMAO at Dave. See how great you are when you put your tongue firmly in cheek and give it your best shot? That was GREAT anti-logic logic.

07-16-01, 02:59 AM (EST)
25. "Vote totals so far..."
This is post #25, containing 13 solid votes, 2 questionable votes, and a story that illustrates just how screwed up health care is in this country (more about that later).

Mon Cherie......5
Survivorchick...2
Survivorerist...1
sleeeve.........1
RudyRules.......1
IceCat..........1
Outfrontgirl....1
dangerkitty.....1

SherpaDave......1
AyaProbe........1

UTR: George Tirebiter.

Hospitals are generally required to give free care as a state-law condition for their charitable exemption from taxes. Otherwise, hospitals probably would let patients die in the aisles begging to get in. Well, guess how many dental practices are tax-exempt? I know of exactly one in Boston (more on it later). A dental COLLEGE would be tax-exempt because of its teaching, even if it didn't treat any patients, so it has no "free care" responsibility.

I have a dental story to contribute, although less horrifying than Kismet's (Kis, we feel very sorry for you -- good luck). When my older daughter was 3, she developed a cavity which the "local" pediatric dentist found during a regular examination. The dentist sent one of his technicians with her to do an X-ray, and the technician told me that I couldn't accompany her into the X-ray room. Well, she was a very brave child, but being all alone with a strange adult in a strange room, asked to bite on something that choked her, was just too much. He refused to do anything for her without the X-ray, and he refused to change procedures to try to make the X-ray possible!

So we went to another suburban pediatric dental practice. Now, this poor little girl was afraid, because she had tooth pain and had had this bad experience. But she was fine while the doctor looked at her teeth. Then they wanted to do an X-ray under the same conditions, even though I had told them upfront about our problems at the other place --- by the time they finally relented and at least allowed me into the room, it was too late; she was thoroughly terrified. In fact, she even refused to drink the penicillin they prescribed for her tooth, even though it hurt so badly that she almost stopped talking a couple of days later; I had to hold her down and force the medicine down her throat. Again, this practice said they wouldn't do anything without an X-ray.

Third and last try -- the local pediatric hospital in Boston has a dental practice (the one tax-exempt practice I referred to above!), which -- for just the reasons you'd imagine, is flooded with poor people bringing their kids there. By now my daughter was terrified. But we had a great trainee dentist named Jill Cohen, to whom I owe an enormous debt. Jill (sorry, I can't call her Dr. Cohen, although my kids did) made the decision that my daughter could sit on my lap for her X-ray as long as I wore an X-ray vest. While I was in the X-ray room, I heard the loser supervisory dentist berating Jill and the chief resident dentist for this, on the theory (which I heard him say just outside the room!) that "this kid needs to face her fears and get over them" and that "this will never work." Well, thank heavens, Jill had told the technician to take the X-ray at once if she could get the shot. My daughter, sitting on her dad's lap, calmed down a lot, and the technician got a perfect X-ray picture ... leading to one of the "great moments in medicine", when the technician went out and said to the supervising dentist, "While you were out here saying it couldn't be done, we went ahead and did it." (those were her exact words)

He slunk away back to his lair; the chief resident dentist (with Jill stopping in to look) removed my daughter's tooth (by now, the cavity was so bad that the only options were extraction or a root canal) -- my daughter was great during the whole procedure and has loved going to the dentist ever since. This story has a happy ending ONLY BECAUSE the student dentists cared about their patient more than the supervisors did.

Kis, may you have the good fortune to meet such student dentists.

07-16-01, 03:17 AM (EST)
27. "Dental hijack"
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-01 AT 03:23 AM (EST)

Awww, that's a great story! It makes you want to punch some of the people, grab them and shake them, and to hug the good guys.
Your poor daughter!
I've never tried a dental school but I have been examined by the students at the UC Berkeley Optometry School, and they are SO thorough! They were so conscientious I got impatient with how much attention they were giving me, because I wanted to get out of there and I only wanted a contact lens renewal at the time
...these stories show how wonderful and smart students can be.

My current dentist not only takes poor people/MediCal but he plays great blues music while he works. Last time I had a filling I got nitrous (of course, I'm a complete baby where tooth pain's concerned) and was lying there comparing BB King's guitar-riffs to the drilling going on simultaneously--thinking that's what the blues guitar players are doing--drilling on our nerves and singing about the painful side of life....umm, what was I saying? Maybe you should turn that nitrous down now...

07-16-01, 09:27 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Vote totals so far..."
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-01 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

God, Aya, your poor little one! It's a miracle she doesn't mind going to the dentist after what she'd been through - and to have the dentist talk that way in front of her! It's funny - I noticed the one common thresd in both yours and Kis' stories was that in both cases, the dental students were far more sensitive and caring than the supervising dentists!

Please tell my "Fellow Fan" that I'm passin' this on for her after hearing her story!

Blossom takes absolutely NO guff from mean dentists!

07-16-01, 11:44 AM (EST)
31. "SherpaDave"
Bless the good Dr. Jill. I hope, Aya, that you kept track of her as best you could so you could take your kids to her regularly once she was in practice on her own.

And hey, lookee! My name appears in your post! See? I'm a true DAW! Why else would I vote for myself when I'm not even a choice? And lookee again! This post is another vote for me!

"My name is Dave and I'm a desperate attention whore."
"Hi, Dave."
"It started with a couple posts a day on the Spoilers Board. Soon, I found myself posting to virtually every thread on Off-Topic. Sometimes, I'd sit in the Bar by myself late at night, bumping up old threads just to improve my DAW numbers."

Alternate Vote: VampKira, because she's the Queen DAW. Whattaya mean she's already voted out?

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-01, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Survivorchick"
Yes, I'm voting for myself because GT doesn't like me. (I think she feels threatened by me, but either way - she wants me off of that show!)

Survivorchick

07-16-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
34. "hugs the Chick"
Awww, Chick *smooths feathers*, don't be silly. Everyone likes you, although I don't think GT (cast member) knows you as well as OFG, as GT's not from your tribe. But it's true you are the youngest cutest girl and that could incite envy. And you are definitely a schemer! I think you are indeed quite a threat. You are such a competitor you lied about your sexual orientation on your app cause you just knew that would get a spot! Clever chick!

On the plus side, Sherpa Dave voted for you, so that should make you feel safe...

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-01, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "All dentists....or at least shoddy ones"
I vote for all dentists to get the boot! I'm sooo sorry to hear all of the icky dentist stories and I send out good healing energy to all of you *sends pretty pink light to everyone's teeth*

Now as for "someone" here calling me Kismet's "broomflier"...we may be having a little talk quite soon. Get ready...

*revs of the cauldron for a truth potion*

witchofleas

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-01, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RudyRules"
Sorry Rudy, but you are Waaaaaaayyyyyy under the rader, which just might make someone jealous.
Oh I think they try to keep SnoopySucks too.

EBug

07-16-01, 06:36 PM (EST)
36. "KISMET"
Just realized I hadn't voted yet and want to get this in before air time.
Why would I make rules if not to break them?
Vote based on her own feeling that she's going down combined with AyaK's revenge episode. She had WAY too much face time in the recap, and I noticed they made her look weak and gullible rather than the scary BITCH she was previously edited as...

Plus she deserves a vote for her ordeal with the dentist, and in no time she'll be looking like this icon, I hope.

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-16-01, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Kismet"
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-01 AT 06:48 PM (EST)

Ahh, a second vote that I can share in. Kismet has dropped lots of hints that she's leaving the show; either those are real spoilers or else she has conned us all!

Edited to thank Outfrontgirl for her kind words earlier and to express the hope that the writers of the next two episodes succeed in keeping George Tirebiter and Outfrontgirl out of rehab....

07-16-01, 07:01 PM (EST)
38. "Vote total so far..."
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-01 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

This is post #38, containing 15 solid votes, 4 "interesting" votes, and an end to the dental hijack.

Mon Cherie......5
Survivorchick...3
RudyRules.......2
Survivorerist....1
sleeeve..........1
IceCat...........1
Outfrontgirl.....1
dangerkitty.....1

Kismet.............2
SherpaDave......1
AyaProbe.........1

UTR: George Tirebiter.

Thanks for all your thoughts about the dentists. Just to complete my story, we stayed with Jill Cohen as our dentist for both children until she graduated (and went back to California), and then we switched to another dental student at Children's Hospital (not as nice as Dr. Jill, but still OK). But now she's going to graduate soon, and we are debating whether to transfer back to a suburban practice to get some more permanence from year to year (but the "local" practices are OUT, PERIOD!).

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-01, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Mon Cherie"
No reason.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-01, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Mon Cherrie"
I wro... erhm... I hear Mon Cherrie and the writer were having problems in a previous episode. It's just a thought, but the only one I got to go on.

-ICB

07-16-01, 10:12 PM (EST)
41. "Final Vote Totals"
This is post #41, and we did an impressive job this week (except for a few of us ... oh, well)

Mon Cherie......7
Survivorchick...3

RudyRules.......2
Survivorerist....1
sleeeve..........1
IceCat...........1
Outfrontgirl.....1
dangerkitty.....1

Kismet.............2
SherpaDave......1
AyaProbe.........1

UTR: George Tirebiter (but maybe not for long, after throwing those two challenges and subjecting her tribe to a Yoko impression)

So, we correctly predicted BOTH people leaving the show, as well as Kismet's departure ... pretty good work! Time to lock this thread...

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •