The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"News Guide July 3, 2001"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences BlowsVivor Forum (Protected)
Original message

HawkEye 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-03-01, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HawkEye Click to send private message to HawkEye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"News Guide July 3, 2001"

Kismet's Eye In The Sky

*Special Blowsvivor Edition* News Guide July 3, 2001
Superman AWOL from Rehab Center

Reports indicate that Superman has left the rehab center he was enrolled in. He entered the center shortly after his eviction from Blowsvivor for an undisclosed addiction problem. According to an Eye witness, he left the facility shortly after midnight accompanied by a blond woman, dress completely in black, and possesing bleeding eyes. They appeared to be headed toward Monkeyboy Island. Any reports or sighting of him should be forwarded on to his family.
Blowsvivor Writer Missing Foul Play Suspected

Reports are surfacing on the disappearance of idiotcowboy who is best known as the author of the last Blowsvivor episode. Friends and relative indicate that he has not been seen in weeks. Det. Bryant of the LA Police has inditcated that there is an investigation in place, but can not comment further at this time.
Brando/Clooney To Sue Blowsvivor Managment

Marlon Brando and George Clooney who recently appeared on an episode of the smash summer success Blowsvivor, are suing the management team for breach of contract. According to sources close to the actors, the suit involves the money agreed upon for there 5 minute appearances. Mr Bando is quoted as saying, "Last time I played Supeman's Father I got 5 million for less than a days work, I expect at least the same now". Mr Clooney has indicated that all he wants is the going rate (ie whatever Brando can squeeze out of them).
The Offical Blowsvivor Episode 7 Summary
Read all about it.
http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID18/104.shtml

HawkEye

Nothing can hide from the eye of a HAWK, now that he's part of the ever exanding Kismet News Empire
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Come Back, Idgit, Come Back! dabo 07-03-01 1
   RE: Come Back, Idgit, Come Back! Kismet 07-05-01 12
       RE: Come Back, Idgit, Come Back! mistofleas 07-05-01 13
           RE: Come Back, Idgit, Come Back! dabo 07-05-01 15
               RE: Come Back, Idgit, Come Back! mistofleas 07-05-01 16
 RE: News Guide July 3, 2001 ItzLisa 07-03-01 2
 RE: News Guide July 3, 2001 Kismet 07-03-01 3
 RE: News Guide July 3, 2001 George Tirebiter 07-03-01 4
   RE: News Guide July 3, 2001 ShakesvivorBlows 07-04-01 5
       Exorcism George Tirebiter 07-04-01 6
           The Mimic AyatollahKhomeini 07-04-01 7
               RE: The Mimic George Tirebiter 07-04-01 9
       RE: News Guide July 3, 2001 LadyT 07-04-01 8
           Yes AyatollahKhomeini 07-05-01 10
               RE: Yes Ronnet 07-05-01 11
               RE: Yes mistofleas 07-05-01 14
                   RE: Yes dabo 07-05-01 17
                       Societatis Jesu AyatollahKhomeini 07-05-01 18
                           RE: Societatis Jesu mistofleas 07-05-01 19
                           RE: Societatis Jesu Outfrontgirl 07-06-01 20
                               RE: Societatis Jesu SherpaDave 07-06-01 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-03-01, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Come Back, Idgit, Come Back!"
Oh hell what now? That's it, I'm taking my BlowsVivor contract to a lawyer! Should have known better, so many of them on the boards as it is, I should have known better...

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than sharks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Kismet 802 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-05-01, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kismet Click to send private message to Kismet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Come Back, Idgit, Come Back!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-05-01 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

>Oh hell what now? That's
>it, I'm taking my BlowsVivor
>contract to a lawyer!

It won't do any good Dabo. I had Misto cast a spell on all of the writers contracts. The traps do not become apparent until you have already screwed up.

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Kismet

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Come Back, Idgit, Come Back!"
>It won't do any good Dabo.
>I had Misto cast a
>spell on all of the
>writers contracts. The traps do
>not become apparent until you
>have already screwed up.

It was a hard thing to do too...contracts, just by their very nature are "tricky" things so casting on one is even harder. I think I got it right though. Just a warning to everyone with a writers contract...don't lick it...I won't be responsible for anything that happens.

mistofleas

07-05-01, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Come Back, Idgit, Come Back!"
the colors they're so aliiiiiiiiive!!!! oohhhh mmmmmyyyy gaaawwwwwdddddd!!!! (cllliiiick!) IIII seeee iiitt aallll nnnnooowww!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

07-05-01, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Come Back, Idgit, Come Back!"
I knew rubbing the contracts with those pretty colored toads was a good idea! *cackles* Have fun!!

mistofleas --runs out of eye of newt

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-03-01, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: News Guide July 3, 2001"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-01 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

I'll NEVER tell you that Vamps and Supe are hiding out on Monkeyboy Island now that she's smuggled him out of rehab! Do you hear me?? NEVER!!! (wait, did I just say that out-loud???)

Kismet 802 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-03-01, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kismet Click to send private message to Kismet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: News Guide July 3, 2001"
Ummm Hawkeye? I told you to run this TOMORROW! Dammit! Now we are competing with ourselves for ratings! I knew I should have left this one up to Shakesvivor Blows.

Kismet

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-03-01, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: News Guide July 3, 2001"
>Nothing can hide from the eye of a HAWK, now that he's part of the ever exanding Kismet News Empire
NOW I'm scared. Bad enough when Hawkeye was a bumbling crackpot, but now he's aligned with Kis? I'm calling for an exorcism of the boards immediately!

GT

ShakesvivorBlows 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-04-01, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShakesvivorBlows Click to send private message to ShakesvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: News Guide July 3, 2001"
GT, You're "exorcisim" comment gives me adequate reason to hijack yet another thread to talk movies. (Thanks!)

"The Exorcist" is supposedly based upon a true story. The Discovery Channel had an excellent documentary on it called "In the Grip of Evil". I recommend this documentary to anyone who was scared by the original, because after watching this the memories of the movie will become even more frightening.

Warner Bros. did not preview the film before its opening on Dec. 26, 1973. The studio – not knowing that it had a blockbuster – released the movie in just 30 theaters. The film broke box-office records, grossing $165 million. It's still No. 54 on the all-time list (more than $415 million when adjusted for inflation). It lost the Oscar for Best Picture to "The Sting."

Aya

07-04-01, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Exorcism"
First--when I saw the movie when it first came out to the theater, it was with a bunch of giggling girls--and for some reason, my dad and friend sat right behind us. . . and made rude comments all through the more graphic parts. . . Definitely took the edge off my enjoyment, to be cringing in embarassment throughout! But it still scared us so much that the walk to the car was a problem!

I have not yet seen the Discovery Channel dealie, but as I recall, the movie was re-released recently with more creepy footage.

Second--what's the deal with the SVBlows-Aya connection?! This is contrary to what I had believed to be true about SVB. . . And Aya--you are obviously evil, as well.

GT

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-04-01, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The Mimic"
SVBlows is mimicking my post on the E7 thread, GT. I'm not a fan of The Exorcist, because I'm not a fan of its director, Billy Friedkin --- but I disagree with the comment that the movie only opened in 30 theatres because WB didn't know they had a hit. The movie only opened in 30 theatres because (1) Billy couldn't get a final cut done and (2) WB saw marketing the movie as a problem and wanted good critical reviews before it opened in "minor" markets. WB thought of it as an Oscar contender, and so it had to open no later than December 26th in LA -- I think Billy turned in his final "final cut" on the 23rd.

Sorry, SVB, but the TV channels don't hire top-notch researchers for most of their documentaries.

07-04-01, 10:43 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Mimic"
hehehehe That naughty SVB. . . even worse than old Hawkeye! I think what really caught me offguard was that he did NOT use your sig pic, your Ayatollahness! Either that, or I had a massive brain fart.

GT

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-01, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: News Guide July 3, 2001"
I'm not sure if people will believe me, since this falls under my cousin's best friends brother crap, but there have been exorcisms. The one that the movie is somewhat based on, I went to a Catholic college where there was a Jesuit priest, (yes a Jesuit) who knew the priest that preformed that exorcism. I took a class called Contemporary Moral Issues and he would talk about it soemtimes. I don't know much about it since it was my freshman 8:30AM class and I often skipped it. Father Ed, which was my profs name didn't care.

And on another note, which hs nothing to do with this, but I find humorous, Father Ed wanted to watch "Clockwork Orange" and the cable co. blocked it out when HBO played it. He wrote letters and complaints wanting his money back for the 2 hours it was on. The cable co gave him a refund.

Bad Girl, drunk by six
Kissing someone else' lips
Smoked too many cigerettes today
Not Happy when I feel this way

07-05-01, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Yes"
>I'm not sure if people will believe me, since this falls
>under my cousin's best friends brother crap, but there have
>been exorcisms. The one that the movie is somewhat
>based on, I went to a Catholic college where there
>was a Jesuit priest, (yes a Jesuit) who knew the
>priest that preformed that exorcism.

Yes, the movie script is based on a real exorcism, just as you said ... although I don't think the head of the possessed girl could spin 360 degrees in real life ...

The Jesuit reference reminds me of a religious joke (NO ... please stop me ...) that probably only Catholics would get, that was told to me by a teacher at a Jesuit high school. Since I don't want to stir up more trouble than I have to, I'll tell it in a very bare-bones way.

One day a Dominican, a Franciscan, and a Jesuit were having a debate about which order was most loved by God. Finally, they decided to end the debate by praying for a sign from God to answer their question. As they were praying, the sky above them turned gold, and bright letters appeared! They turned their eyes upward to read the words...

My children,

Why must you bicker among yourselves about such trivial matters? You must know that you are all equally dear to me, and I love each of you the same.

God,
S.J.

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-05-01, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronnet Click to send private message to Ronnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Yes"
My children,
>
>Why must you bicker among yourselves
>about such trivial matters? You must know that you
>are all equally dear to me, and I love each
>of you the same.
>
>God,
>S.J.

tee hee - good one AK!!

<LMU Class of '95>

07-05-01, 03:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Yes"
Being the resident witchy-poo, I have to say it. I don't get the joke. Will someone explain it to the pagans?

mistofleas --wishes she had gone to sunday school

07-05-01, 03:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Yes"
ty witchy-poo (you'll find out what for eventually).

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

07-05-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
18. "Societatis Jesu"
LAST EDITED ON 07-05-01 AT 04:22 PM (EST)

Not being Catholic myself, I'll do the best I can. Errors are entirely my responsibility, and corrections are welcome...

Within the Roman Catholic church are a number of orders, each with somewhat different rituals and traditions, although all answer to the Pope. The single largest order are the Jesuits, known in English as the Society of Jesus and in Latin as Societatis Jesu (the Company of Jesus). The order was founded in 1540 by St. Ignatius Loyola, so any school with either Ignatius or Loyola in its name is Jesuit (for example: LMU, Loyola Marymount University in LA, would obviously be Jesuit).

Ordained members of the order use S.J. after their names (which is why you'll see something like Rev. Roto Rooter, S.J.). Because of St. Ignatius Loyola's emphasis on teaching (he turned to the ministry later in life and first came to Rome as a teacher of Gospel), the order predominates among Catholic schools and universities. Georgetown was the first Jesuit university is the U.S.; another famous one is Marquette (the real Father Marquette was indeed a Jesuit missionary and explorer).

Among Catholics, Jesuits have a reputation (or so I'm told) of seeing themselves as superior to other orders and also as closer to God. Does God see them the same way? -- that's the joke here.

Hope this helps.

Edited to add that for you college basketball fans in the States, the following universities are also Jesuit:
Gonzaga, Boston College, Xavier, St. Joseph's (PA), San Francisco, Holy Cross...

07-05-01, 09:08 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Societatis Jesu"
I can honestly say I'm not sure if I'm less confused or more confused by your answer. However, I can most certainly say it was a well researched and complete answer. I now get the joke. God S.J. Hee hee hee...that's a good one!

Thank you Aya for your wonderful self. I adore you now more than ever!

mistofleas --runs over to her cauldron and whips up an extra specail batch of goddess potion for her friend Aya

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-01, 04:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Societatis Jesu"
Re Jesuits:
James Joyce was educated by the Jesuits at Belvedere College, Dublin, and was offered a place in the ministry. The climax of Portrait of the Artist as A Young Man comes after the Jesuit father invites Stephen Dedalus to be ordained and he realizes that writing is his true vocation (and that he likes women too much for a life of celibacy). Jesuit training probably accounts for the discipline, will power and subtlety of thought Joyce showed in spending 7 years writing Ulysses and 17 (or is it 19) years writing Finnegans Wake.

Stephen Dedalus, jesuit turned "free-thinker," jokingly criticizes God as a poor author, because when God created the world he gave us light first and the sun two days later. Apparently humility was not one of the lessons he learned from the Jesuits.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-01, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Societatis Jesu"
All right. I have to say it. Where else would you see a thread turn into a discussion like this with a subject line like that? Did I mention I love this place?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •