The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I'm sure the restaurant business is tough, but..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-09-03, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"I'm sure the restaurant business is tough, but..."
So the "godfather" of adventure reality programming (Ecochallenge, Survivor, Combat Missions) is about to bring you the harrowing world of a posh eatery (didn't I see this on the Food Network already?) I suppose if Brittany Spears or Russell Crowe don't get the table they want it could be pretty brutal.

I kept checking the date to make sure this wasn't some kind of April fool's joke.

'Survivor' guru
tries reality bites

By RICHARD HUFF
DAILY NEWS TV EDITOR

'Survivor" producer Mark Burnett is looking for a few good waiters, waitresses, bus staff and sous-chefs.
The guy behind the granddaddy of the reality craze - and a show known for making contestants eat meals that make them gag - is in the early stages of staffing his new show, "The Restaurant," set in a new restaurant.

"What we're trying is an unscripted drama in a great environment," Burnett said yesterday. "Every night is theater. Every night is drama."

Starting in June, Burnett will begin following chef Rocco DiSpirito as he opens a new restaurant. The diners, some of whom will be cast by producers, and the staff will become characters in the show.

The first of six episodes will air in July on NBC.

"The real story here will be the staff, and the team that Rocco has, as they try to pull off a monumental task," Burnett said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/73792p-68308c.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I'm sure the restaurant busines... Schnookie Palookie 04-09-03 1
 I knew I had seen something like th... AZ_Leo 04-09-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-03, 12:02 PM (EST)
1. "RE: I'm sure the restaurant business is tough, but..."
Crazy. However, I wouldn't mind being cast as a diner. Free food Hey, maybe there will be some great food fights.

If it weren't for STRESS, I'd have no energy at all

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-09-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
2. "I knew I had seen something like this before"
From a FoodTV special from last year:

April:

MORIMOTO: R.A.W.
Premiering Sunday, April 7 at 9PM ET/PT
Masaharu Morimoto, Iron Chef Japanese and former executive chef at New York's famed Nobu, travels to Philadelphia to open his first restaurant. This one-hour television special takes viewers behind-the-scenes at the high-stakes launch of MORIMOTO, the multi-million dollar, 140-seat Zen palace in the "city of brotherly love." Against the backdrop of this massive construction project, Morimoto strives for perfection as he creates and tests his menu. Morimoto: R.A.W. captures the race against the clock from the restaurants inception to opening night. Will Morimoto be able to import real Kobe beef from Japan, distill various sakes under the Morimoto label, attract top sushi chefs from around the world, and train staff in the intricacies of Japanese etiquette? Will Philadelphia be ready for Hari-Hari Salad, Drunken Lobster Gusukuni or Zensai Sakisuke?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •