The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rich Guy, Poor Guy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-13-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rich Guy, Poor Guy"
For those of you who couldn't get enough of "The Bachelor/ette" and/or "Joe Millionaire" comes the latest project from Mike Fleiss and ABC, "Rich Guy, Poor Guy".

The article is a little too long to copy (but worth reading), so let me try to summarize it:

Two men - one rich, one poor - choose from a pool of women (doesn't say how many). Neither the women nor the audience knows which is which. The women will split time between a mansion and... not a mansion (the article mentions a trailer park). A justice of the peace will be waiting at the very end for each of the men, just in case.

It's scheduled for a summer run of 7 episodes.

My only comment for now is that most of the "normal" women have to be both weary and wary of this type of show, so I'm guessing they'll have lots of media whore types.

Another reality show for your viewing pleasure. Sigh.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy Loree 03-16-03 1
   Do it! realitybites 03-16-03 2
   RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy BriarRosie 03-18-03 3
 RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy Loree 03-18-03 4
 Applications and casting calls realitybites 03-29-03 5
   RE: Applications and casting calls munson 03-29-03 6
 RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy SurvivorBlows 03-30-03 7
 RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy carencey 03-30-03 8
   RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy Survivorchick 04-02-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy"
I brought up this idea on another board a long time ago when Joe Millionaire was looking like a hit and everyone was wondering how they could do it again. I said having two guys, one rich one poor and not telling the women which is which. Hey, it looks like someone is stealing my ideas. I should complain to ABC.

03-16-03, 06:23 PM (EST)
2. "Do it!"
I thought I had read this idea somewhere before. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-18-03, 08:55 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy"
Well, considering that it's brought to you by the same group that ripped off Howard Stern with "Are You Hot?", I wouldn't be surprised if someone ripped off your idea.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 09:41 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy"
Too bad none of these people have very many original ideas. Everything ends up being rehashed in some way that the viewers can figure out the next shows easier than the so-called experts.

03-29-03, 06:31 AM (EST)
5. "Applications and casting calls"
The application for this show is now online and listed here.

This site also lists some casting calls, mostly in the midwest. I'm sure the intention is to avoid the sharpies and media whores from both coasts. Let's see if it works.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-29-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Applications and casting calls"
The truly wonderful thing about media whoredom is that it's not confined by any regional boundries! Sure, they might be a little less *polished* than those from the coasts, but isn't that really more fun for everyone?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy"
I've reported this on the news site last week:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1047

This guy FLeiss really is just whipping these things out as fast as he can... "The Will," "High School Reunion," "Are You Hot?," now this...

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-30-03, 10:13 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy"
My friends were picking on me earlier this year, because after watching too much Joe Millionaire and Celebrity Mole, I had a dream that I was on a reality show that was something like this--but there were EIGHT guys and eight women. One guy was the millionaire who wanted a wife, the others were decoys. One woman and one decoy guy were supposed to go home each week. Everyone knew this, so some of the women were freaking out thinking they had hit it off with the wrong guy and were busily trying to flirt with all of the guys. I was sitting in the corner drinking, and one of the guys decided to join me. Unfortunately, I have a short dream attention span, so I didn't stick with it long enough to see if I got voted off or if I was drinking with the right guy.

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Rich Guy, Poor Guy"
That's absolutely hilarious! I love your dream. Too bad you didn't find out the ending (but since it's your dream, you could write your own)

Has secretly also had reality show dreams

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •