The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Married By America - ep March 17th"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-03, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Married By America - ep March 17th"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-03 AT 09:51 AM (EST)

Well surprise surprise Cortez and Matt are gone. She was not excited from the moment she saw him on stage. No chemistry for these 2. I wonder what his family and buddy were thinking when they picked the 2 finalists. Matt's mom seemed to be under the impression that Matt was too much of a man for half the girls. The reasons she gave for getting rid of the females was strange. Not saucy enough... Too much the same sense of humour... Not tough enough to handle Matt... I never saw the Matt his mother did.

The previews had been a little misleading. I don't think Xavier and Jennifer were getting along quite as bad as they tried to make us think.

And I really wonder if Stephen is not attracted to Denise. Or if he is just so concerned that the cameras are watching him and his family and friends will know what happens.

Both Jill/Kevin and Tony/Billie Jean could burn out quickly. Lots of lust and physical attraction. But will the personalities grate on each other after the lust wears off?

I keep wondering if some couples are great actors and will pretend to get along better just to win the cash and house.

And which couple did the experts consider booting before they chose Cortez and Matt?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Married By America - ep March 1... SurvivorOverlord 03-18-03 1
   RE: Married By America - ep March 1... sorgee 03-19-03 6
 RE: Married By America - ep March 1... realitybites 03-18-03 2
 The host Loree 03-18-03 3
 The music !!!!! katem 03-18-03 4
 RE: Married By America - ep March 1... GeorgiaBelle 03-19-03 5
 RE: Married By America - ep March 1... Schnookie Palookie 03-26-03 7
   RE: Married By America - ep March 1... weltek 03-26-03 8
       RE: Married By America - ep March 2... Loree 03-27-03 9
           RE: Married By America - ep March 2... Kermit the Vixen 03-28-03 10
               RE: Married By America - ep March 2... Schnookie Palookie 04-01-03 11
                   March 31 sorgee 04-01-03 12
                       RE: March 31 BriarRosie 04-01-03 13
                       RE: March 31 Schnookie Palookie 04-01-03 14
                       RE: March 31 Kermit the Vixen 04-01-03 15
                           RE: March 31 joannie 04-03-03 17
 March 31st Loree 04-02-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-18-03, 10:08 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Married By America - ep March 17th"
It really wasn't a suprise that Matt and Cortez got the boot...I think the panel may have been leading towards Xavier and Jennifer first.

What amazed me was Jennifer, Denise and Cortez all whining about how hard it is to get this close to someone so quickly....of course my question to them was "then why the heck did you sign up for the show!"

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCER OF THE WINKY-BONER AND HAMSTER HO SHOW

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 09:30 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Married By America - ep March 17th"
>What amazed me was Jennifer, Denise and Cortez all whining >about how hard it is to get this close to someone so >quickly....of course my question to them was "then why the heck >did you sign up for the show!"

well, IMHO they should down some liquid courage and get cozy. it is much easier to get "close" if you've had a little drink or two or a few. just saying is all...
and they signed up for the show because they are big ol' DAWs.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-18-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Married By America - ep March 17th"
The show gets weirder every time I watch it - from the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" wannabe set, to the Miss America-style questions, to the screen complete with glory hole, to the relationship "experts" watching every move, to the elimination, and now the sham engagements.

The first 45 minutes or so were pretty good, when we actually got to see the couples try to get along.

I thought Cortez would make more of an effort to get to know and like Matt. I was wrong.

My thoughts on the other couples:

JILL & KEVIN - They seem to be getting along nicely. They may or may not be faking it, but there are worse couples, so they should cruise into the final two.

BILLIE JEANNE & TONY - She's smitten and he's along for the ride. I don't think the argument hinted in the previews will amount to much. Unless they start throwing stuff at each other, they should also make the final two.

DENISE & STEPHEN - She's willing to try, but he's not interested. They might as well pack now, because they're not staying very long.

JENNIFER & XAVIER - See Denise & Stephen, except reverse the genders.

Let's hope the next two weeks focus on the happier couples.

03-18-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
3. "The host"
I keep wondering if the host got this gig just because his name is Valentine and someone thought it was cute for the show?

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-18-03, 10:59 PM (EST)
4. "The music !!!!!"
Did anyone notice the annoying music, in the elimination session, was the same as in Joe Millionaire?

Can't FOX hire another hack, or something?

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-03, 00:03 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Married By America - ep March 17th"
Want to put the kiss of death on a couple ask me to pick them to win.

I did agree 100% with the boot of Cortez and Matt. Both seem to be nice but they just did not click as a true couple.

I believe it may have been Stephen and Denise they were going to let go. I am not sure any of the couples will see their 50th or even their 1st anniversary!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-03, 09:06 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Married By America - ep March 17th"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-03 AT 09:07 AM (EST)

This show is cracking me up big time! My faves of Monday's episode (March 24th) were Denise & Stephen. Since the beginning of the show, he hasn't wanted to go near her but then after talking to a sex therapist they go off to their room and Denise dresses up as a school girl and he gets aroused. LMAO ... school girl? Her costume was horrible! I also love the "experts". They sit right in front of the couples when they "discuss" who they are voting off ... too funny I love this show!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-03, 02:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Married By America - ep March 17th"
This show is growing on me. The first few episodes were irritating with all the dumb families. Maybe since I have to see the families again next week I will fall back out of love with it.

03-27-03, 12:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Married By America - ep March 24th"
I am waiting to see them visit their families. Next week. Looks interesting. And Kevin is given a really hard time by Jill's family. Wasn't it her family that picked Kevin as a finalist?

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-28-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Married By America - ep March 24th"
I agree - the families look like a riot! And Tony's "filthy" apartment is sure to be entertaining!! Yes, Kevin looked to be in shock during the family meeting (which looked more like a free-for-all). It will be so interesting to see how he handles it, to see if Jill stands up for him, and if it has any long-term negative affects. I know I'd be having 2nd thoughts if my fiances family berated ME like that!

Why are you looking at me? Stop looking at me. I said, STOP -- wait, what? OK, never mind.

04-01-03, 09:13 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Married By America - ep March 24th"
I didn't get to watch last night's show (March 31st). Who got booted? What was the issue with Jill's family and Kevin?

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 12:05 PM (EST)
12. "March 31"
denise and stephen got booted. and it's too bad. i think that these two might have actually been able to build something. she went to meet his family. they liked her. she liked them. then her family showed up. they all got along. even her sister commented on how different they were towards each other. i think that those 2 would have a good shot without the cameras around.
billie jean and tony went to his place. she liked it. they went to dinner with his family. his dad makes a really heartfelt and sentimental toast. billie jean responds with her usual class something like, here's to "cheers, beers, and queers." tony's family, nor his best friend seemed really impressed with her and, IMHO, i think his fascination with her is starting to fade.
jill and kevin had an interesting time. jill's daddy played the protective father bit. he wouldn't even let his little girl share a room with her fiance. (i guess he forgot about her show and tell feature in playboy...) jill's family and kevin's family seemed to be going ok until jill's dad got WAYYYYYY out of hand. the guy has issues.

i personally think that billie jean and tony should have gotten the boot. and that's a suprise because up until last night they were my favorites.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-01-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
13. "RE: March 31"
Thanks for the summary! I completely forgot about watching this last night.

Can it be that my interest is fading? LOL!

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

04-01-03, 02:47 PM (EST)
14. "RE: March 31"
Thanks for the update Sorgee

I'm not surprised about Denise & Stephen. There was something wrong about him. I knew Billie Jean and Tony's lust/love wouldn't last. I'm hoping for a Jill & Kevin wedding.

If it weren't for STRESS, I'd have no energy at all

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-01-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: March 31"
I also thought "BJ" and Tony should go. Neither of them are ready to get married. Tony's comment about how he and "the boys" like his apartment the way it is (i.e. Billie Jean can forget her decorating ideas) just show me that he's not ready for compromise or for sharing his home with a woman. And Billie Jean? She's just trashy! She's not ready to settle down. I don't think either of them are mature enough to be married, but Tony's obviously not mature enough to work out differences, he gave me the distinct impression that the fascination has worn off so now he just wants to get rid of her.

Jill and Kevin have MAJOR differences as well... this Playboy thing will be their demise. Not the Playboy thing in and of itself, but her complete inability to consider her partner's feelings. You know, there are things that I enjoy that I'd be willing to give up for the sake of creating a harmonious household. She doesn't seem to understand that part. It's not all about her. They were my favorites until last night. I agree wholeheartedly with Kevin that she should not be so reluctant to give up something the clearly (and REASONABLY) makes him so terribly uncomfortable. He needs to take a close look at that kind of purely selfish (and destructive) behavior!

After last night, I was really rooting for Stephen and Denise. It's such a shame to me that the panel eliminated them because (IMHO), Stephen was taking his time in getting to know her. The two remaining couples succumbed to "lust and first sight" and are clearly infatuated - I say KUDOS to Stephen for working on developing something GENUINE. I was sorry to see them go and I really hope they get together outside the show. I think they had the best shot of any of them and actually having a solid relationship.

Why are you looking at me? Stop looking at me. I said, STOP -- wait, what? OK, never mind.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-03-03, 01:36 AM (EST)
17. "RE: March 31"
>I say KUDOS to Stephen for working on developing something GENUINE.

As long as something "genuine" is wearing a "schoolgirl" outfit! That is the only time Stephen even showed the LEAST bit of interest in poor Denise!

I was really starting to wonder what Stephen's problem was. Why go on a show like this in the first place? What did he expect? And what the heck was the matter with Denise? It's not like she was an ogre or something!

04-02-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
16. "March 31st"
Tony & Billie Jean:

Tony almost seemed ashamed of her. She embarressed him in front of his family and friend. Not a good start. Billie Jean seems to want to shock. And I think Tony loved that crazy attitude at first. He didn't want to be stuck with a prude. But he also doesn't want to be married to someone he is embarressed by. Billie Jean seems to be falling in love. But she needs to tone it down if she wants Tony. When they sat on the couches at the end Tony looked completely disinterested while she was clutching on to him arm. And I did notice the remark about how him and his buddies liked his apartment. Well if he were to marry Billie Jean it would be her apartment, not his buddies'.

Stephen & Denise:

I think Stephen was starting to like Denise more. They seemed to look right together with their families. They seemed more at ease too. But again I think she was falling in love and he was trying to force it. The real telling part was their attitude in the bedroom after they were booted. They wanted to blame each other and the accusations flew. If they really had a chance then they could continue on together without the show. But these 2 will not do that. Stephen seemed relieved to be leaving.

Jill & Kevin:

This has always been the couple that seemed the most likely to make it. But Jill has to learn to give a little. Why is it so important to her to pose for Playboy again? Will she even ever be asked? She could be causing an arguement about something that may never even come up. It is reasonable for a man to accept what she has done in her past. But it is also reasonable for her to think of his feelings about not wanting his future wife and the mother of his children to pose again in the nude. And her father. Why couldn't he keep his shirt on? The Godfather music was a little over the top. And why was it so horrible that Kevin called Jill "Sweetie"? I don't think Kevin's family liked Jill's family (father) at all.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •