The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Family - Interesting Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-04-03, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Family - Interesting Show"
I just watched The Family, and it's an interesting show.

I'm a bit disappointed they narrow it down to two, one of whom is eliminated. BUT.. the eliminated person doesn't leave!

And I'm sure shakestheclown will be very happy to know that one eliminated person will get a later chance to come back and compete for the money again! Love Cruise On Land!!!

George Hamilton overdid his host duties a bit, but he's no Alex McLeod. The games seem kind of silly, too, but are designed to maximize conflict between the family members.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Family - Interesting Show Loree 03-04-03 1
   RE: The Family - Interesting Show kawee 03-04-03 2
 RE: The Family - Interesting Show GeorgiaBelle 03-04-03 3
 RE: The Family - Interesting Show ejm92 03-05-03 4
   RE: The Family - Interesting Show SurvivinDawg 03-05-03 5
 RE: The Family - Interesting Show BriarRosie 03-05-03 6
   RE: The Family - Interesting Show Loree 03-05-03 8
   RE: The Family - Interesting Show munson 03-05-03 9
       RE: The Family - Interesting Show BriarRosie 03-05-03 12
   This show is a hoot and half !!!!! katem 03-06-03 16
 RE: The Family - Interesting Show djandy 03-05-03 7
   RE: The Family - Interesting Show BriarRosie 03-05-03 13
 who needs enemies sorgee 03-05-03 10
 RE: The Family - Interesting Show nailbone 03-05-03 11
 I am so glad I am not the only one ... SurvivaBear 03-05-03 14
 RE: The Family - Interesting Show Spidey 03-05-03 15
 RE: The Family - Interesting Show Chrissy gal 03-06-03 17
 RE: The Family - Interesting Show minitroll 03-08-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 11:14 PM (EST)
1. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
I already don't like Aunt Donna.

This show could prove interesting. And when will they realize the staff is probably the ones making the decisions? Who else would it be?

kawee 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-04-03, 11:34 PM (EST)
2. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-03 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

Does anyone else imagine lightning in the
background when George (aka: Dracula) speaks?

I'm also having Sopranos deja vu. All in all,
looks entertaining.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-04-03, 11:49 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
Dawg, I must agree with you. The show can have some great laughs but unfortunately I see a huge powder keg just waiting to explode leaving dirty family secrets all over the nation. This is one show I would NEVER want to take my blood related family on.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-05-03, 00:52 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
The show isn't bad, I'll probably continue to watch it. I don't like any of the women on the show, the only two I liked were the Uncle and the two guys that were up for elimination. The hosting job is horrible, and I don't really like the attitude the "Staff" has towards the family. The social behavior guy is pretty much a prick, and I can see ABC trying to make him the next Simon Cowell.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-03, 06:12 AM (EST)
5. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
I got the feeling that Mr. Social Calendar is there to BE snooty and uppity, and he's doing what they paid him to do.

The real fun job is the stylist's job. She has soooo much to work with (/sarcasm).

But again, I wish they'd just vote somebody down from all the eligible people, not just two (a'la Big Brother style).

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-05-03, 09:02 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
I was debating with myself last night, wondering if I should skip this show or not.

I'm so glad that I decided to watch!

From the "Dynasty"-like opening credits (anybody else get that cheesy soap-opera vibe when they showed the pics n' poses? ROFLMAO!) to the complete stereotype of the Italian-American working class family, this show has it all.

Including George Hamilton in what I feel is his calling, the "Mr. Roarke" role. I loved how Aunt Donna was freaked out by his sudden appearance.

The fact that the staff will judge and determine the winner is the best part. Everyone knows that the servants hear and see everything anyway, so they do make the best judges. I know that Mike earned points with me by the way he treated the chef and the housekeeper.

I wanted to strangle Ringo (hello? What's up with the faux Beatle name, you poser!) for denying Mike for poor table manners. People can *learn* better table manners, even Joe Millionaire, so that shouldn't have even been a factor!

Can you tell that Mike (being only Jill's cousin, thankfully not related to the rest of the bunch) is my favorite of the nasty bunch?

My final comment is about the paintings. I think whoever captured their likenesses did a brilliant job. I loved how these people looked the part on canvas. LOL!

Let the games begin!

Lori

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-03, 11:17 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
I was thinking about "Dynasty" also. This show is going to be a fun show to watch.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-05-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
>I was debating with myself last
>night, wondering if I should
>skip this show or not.
>
>
>I'm so glad that I decided
>to watch!

I agree. This has the potential to be the best ever.

>From the "Dynasty"-like opening credits (anybody
>else get that cheesy soap-opera
>vibe when they showed the
>pics n' poses? ROFLMAO!) to
>the complete stereotype of the
>Italian-American working class family, this
>show has it all.

There is a reason that stereotypes are stereotypes. This family is Exhibit A. Uncle Mike looks like he's auditioning for a role in the spin-off of the Sopranos. Where is the Italian-American branch of ther Anti-Defamation League? Southerners were up in arms about the proposed "Beverly Hillbillies" show - what about Palm Beach Gumbas? It's just so wrong. So wrong that it's right!

>The fact that the staff will
>judge and determine the winner
>is the best part.
>Everyone knows that the servants
>hear and see everything anyway,
>so they do make the
>best judges. I know
>that Mike earned points with
>me by the way he
>treated the chef and the
>housekeeper.

>I wanted to strangle Ringo (hello?
>What's up with the faux
>Beatle name, you poser!) for
>denying Mike for poor table
>manners. People can *learn*
>better table manners, even Joe
>Millionaire, so that shouldn't have
>even been a factor!

>Can you tell that Mike (being
>only Jill's cousin, thankfully not
>related to the rest of
>the bunch) is my favorite
>of the nasty bunch?

Me, too. But how will he avoid the Board of Trustees each week? If this bunch is smart, they'll put Uncle Mike up against Aunt Donna ASAP.

>My final comment is about the
>paintings. I think whoever
>captured their likenesses did a
>brilliant job. I loved
>how these people looked the
>part on canvas. LOL!

Not only do we have the family members to provide entertainment, we get the staff to provide running "mock"-mentary.

This should be good.

03-05-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
Re: Mike:
>Me, too. But how will
>he avoid the Board of
>Trustees each week? If
>this bunch is smart, they'll
>put Uncle Mike up against
>Aunt Donna ASAP.

You better believe it! I noticed that when they
showed Uncle Michael's portrait, he had an indeliable
sneer painted on it. I think that sums up his
personality. Uncle Michael Corleone. (I thought
I heard some Godfather music when they'd show him on
camera at times.) Aunt Donna I knew was going to
be a PITA because of the way she even greeted (or
non-greeted) some of the family that arrived. Not
to mention aggravating the chef.

>Not only do we have the
>family members to provide entertainment,
>we get the staff to
>provide running "mock"-mentary.
>
>This should be good.

Yes it should, and the social secretary Ringo is way too
priggish. He needs to remove the stick from his behind.
Well, actually, he does make good TV, though. I
have to give him that.

Lori

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-06-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
16. "This show is a hoot and half !!!!!"
>I was debating with myself last night, wondering if I should skip this show or not.
>
>I'm so glad that I decided to watch!
>
>From the "Dynasty"-like opening credits (anybody else get that cheesy soap-opera vibe when they showed the pics n' poses? ROFLMAO!) to the complete stereotype of the Italian-American working class family, this show has it all.
>
>Including George Hamilton in what I feel is his calling, the "Mr. Roarke" role.

I could NOT agree with you more. As soon as I saw the opening montage, I was hooked. This show is a hoot and half. AND, George Hamilton is absolutely perfect for it, his smarmy little laugh has LMAO.

I think Mike will win this suckey, if the servants do indeed pick the ultimate winner. He is the only nice and respectable person in this "family". With the exception of him, this show is just full of villains.

I loved the show though, great concept.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-05-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
I also tuned in just to see if it was worth watching. I was strangely fascinated. Did you see the preview where they drive the golf cart into George Hamilton's lifeguard tower? I was ROTF. It also makes you feel better about your own disfunctional family, because it's not nearly as bad as theirs. So far it will be fun to watch, and something else to turn to after watching "24".

03-05-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
>I also tuned in just to
>see if it was worth
>watching. I was strangely
>fascinated. Did you see
>the preview where they drive
>the golf cart into George
>Hamilton's lifeguard tower? I
>was ROTF.

YES! I was hoping someone could have done a screen
capture of that just so we could caption it:

"George Hamilton is dismayed to find out that The Family
is related to Clara Harris."

Lori

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
10. "who needs enemies"
when you have a family like this...
i think i'd rather be a steak in the middle of a pack of wolves than to be little mike in this so called "family." he seems like a considerate, that things for what they are kind of guy.
did anyone notice how robert got cast n a negative light, but then faced some redemption via his sisters comments? it reminded me of MB editing!
it was a really good show and i will definitely watch.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-03, 11:51 AM (EST)
11. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
Big Brother meets The Sopranos. Cheese factor high!

I already don't like Aunt Donna ("I'm the #####") and Dawn Marie ("I'm gonna have ta take lessons in 'mean'").

And it's funny how obvious the producers are at trying to generate heat. Like in the game where you can stay but you have to toss someone else, or steal someone else's prize, or sacrifice yourself. Or in the "auction" where, after Uncle Michael keeps ragging the others about spending the money, it turns out that it wasn't gonna cost them after all. Very subtle, huh?

Watching them sweat who the "board of trustees" are is fun. They can't even form strategies cuz they don't know who to be playing to.

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved. (c) 2002 Kingsladye Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-05-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
14. "I am so glad I am not the only one watching"
I thought George was the perfect host with his twisted little laugh and perverse smile. I believe this show has great potential. It has great human interaction on many different levels. I do think the family represents all the Italian-American stereotypes, so I am going to start calling the Aunt and Uncle the Don and Donna.

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
It certainly was entertaining, it that now all-too-familiar train-wreck sort of way.

My two uncles haven't spoken to each other is 15 some odd years, over $300. Can you imagine the repercussions of this show on that family? God help them. But I'll still watch.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-03, 08:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
I was hoping they would have a "regular" family instead of "The Sopranos". My family seems like a group of really nice and friendly people until you get them alone and see them backstab eachother over anything and everything! They would love my sister, because she seems like the nicest person (and she really is a wonderful sister), but she would definitely do ANYTHING for $1M. I think it would be more interesting to see good people act badly instead of watching nasty people get nasty with eachother.

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-08-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Family - Interesting Show"
I enjoyed this one too, and I agree Dawg, they should get to pick who is booted from the whole bunch, not just the 2 losers of the game. I can understand the reasoning though, since all the games are designed to keep these people at each other's throats. Its going to be fun to watch these losers stab each other in the back! I'm hoping to see Aunt Donna get voted out next. That woman is a nightmare.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •