The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Doomsday Preppers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-05-13, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Doomsday Preppers"
That show is hilarious! Anyone else watching?

I totally understand the compulsion to prepare for "the worst" and part of me would love to have a garage full of supplies "just in case" but most of these people are worried about the wrong thing. Like the guy who looked like he was one cheeseburger away from a heart attack but was worried about the collapse of civilization? I was actually impressed that he said he was going to focus more on his health before doing any more prepping when they did their follow-up interview.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Doomsday Preppers kingfish 01-28-13 1
   RE: Doomsday Preppers HobbsofMI 02-04-13 2
       RE: Doomsday Preppers kingfish 02-19-13 3
 RE: Doomsday Preppers Agman2 01-12-16 4
   RE: Doomsday Preppers kidflash212 07-10-16 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19155 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-28-13, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Doomsday Preppers"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-13 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

I've seen parts of several episodes, and yeah, they are pretty funny, and nonsensical.

- One DDPer was preparing for the aftermath of when the Magnetic poles switch polarity. This happens every 900,000 years or so, and he thinks it's going to happen in his lifetime, and that he knows how it will affect him and what he needs in order to be prepared for it.

- Another was a doctor preparing for a Pandemic. So he builds an underground bunker in the mountains and stocks it with hundreds of doses of all kinds of antivirals and antibiotics and other medical supplies. Of course, these things have expiration dates, so he has to renew his whole supply every 6 months or so. Very expensive.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HobbsofMI 16055 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-13, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Doomsday Preppers"
*wonders in*

If it's a pandemic won't any existing antiviral and antibiotics not work?

*wonders out*

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

kingfish 19155 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-13, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Doomsday Preppers"
Non of these people are wrapped too tightly.

I suspect some of them are just trying to have their moment on TV, and are making up wacky stuff like this in order to be discovered and get a career handed to them.

Other probably are serious, and seriously deranged.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-16, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Doomsday Preppers"
The show was a riot as long as you didn't take it too seriously.

kidflash212 4723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Doomsday Preppers"
I don't take many things seriously

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •