The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shipping Wars"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-13, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shipping Wars"
I think Jarrett is actually a decent man.

Let's face it: he's a good guy. He tries his hardest. He's in over his head a lot and he doesn't always seem to think things through, even on the most basic steps like memorizing the dimensions of his trailer (or now, gawds help him, his church bus). But he always tries. He is sincerely attempting to get the customer their goods.

But...

...he's dumb.

Damn dumb.

'I just let two monkeys loose in a hotel room: what could possibly go wrong?' dumb.

Big Brother contestant dumb.

*sigh*

*applauds*

Rookie.

He'd better thank his deity for being attractive, because after this episode, no one's ever picking him up for his brains.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shipping Wars frankz 06-20-13 1
   RE: Shipping Wars Estee 06-20-13 2
       RE: Shipping Wars frankz 06-24-13 4
           RE: Shipping Wars Estee 06-26-13 5
 Tuesday: someone dies. Estee 06-21-13 3
   Matter, meet antimatter. Estee 06-26-13 6
 Interesting question. Estee 07-03-13 7
 RE: Shipping Wars - It's back frankz 12-04-13 8
 Roy's dead. Estee 01-22-14 9
   RE: Roy's dead. kidflash212 07-10-16 11
 RE: Shipping Wars Agman2 01-12-16 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-20-13, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shipping Wars"
He can’t possibly be that dumb. That HAD to be scripted. But still, the monkeys, unlike BB contestants, can’t read scripts (and granted, half the hamsters can’t read either). Even if it was staged I wouldn’t want to be in a hotel room with 2 monkeys.

And he keeps referring to his bus as brand new. Do you get a discount for advertising a church on your brand new bus?

Glad to see someone else is watching this. I actually like it.

Wheelie by RollDdice
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-20-13, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shipping Wars"
The problem with the scripted issue is that it's Jarrett, which makes it easy to believe he just is that dumb. I can easily see the camera operator in the room softly suggesting "Hey, why not give them air for a few minutes?" But then you're a camera operator in an enclosed space with two angry monkeys. Bring on the hazard pay. And it's just as easy to picture Jarrett thinking of it all by himself, for that value of 'thought' which goes with 'Jarrett': i.e. not much. To watch him transport flamethrowers was to wait for the explosion. Spark tank... ow...

(Imagine if he and Jennifer had children. Beautiful, stupid children.)

I do recognize that there's at least one scripted element to the show in that the loads they're bidding on are cast members only -- or in other words, Haul This. But unless someone's punching holes in oil lines, the road disasters are real and so are some of the 'solutions' used in moving pieces. I don't think anyone told Roy to saw a statue in half.

-- well, maybe Muffy, but other than that...

And he keeps referring to his bus as brand new. Do you get a discount for advertising a church on your brand new bus?

I think he fell for one of the older used vehicle sales lines: 'It's new to you!' And it's also going to kill him fifty times over. Marc was absolutely right: he's just about destroyed his ability to take midsize loads without adding a trailer. Jarrett can now carry anything as long as it'll fit through the door of a standard small bus. Just a minor limiting factor there.

Then again -- did you hear that list of repairs he made to the old van? Ye gawds. If Shipping Wars ever gets a TV Tropes page, here's the first listing under Jarrett's name.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheAllegedCar

Blowing it up might have been the greatest moment of his life.

Then again, the thing might actually haunt him. Because, you know, it's Jarrett...

06-24-13, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shipping Wars"
I thought the bus was a pretty good idea until I realized it didn’t have a back door. Come on really, he can’t be that dumb. It’s got to be a setup, right? But then I tune in every week to watch him so what does that make me?

And if you didn’t know, according to aetv.com, “Jarrett sees uShip as a perfect vehicle to accomplish his dreams of one day playing on the PGA tour.”

I couldn’t think of a better way. Maybe he’s not so dumb after all.

06-26-13, 08:31 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Shipping Wars"
The most recent episodes made it look as if he had one installed. He gets there -- eventually. With some things. Sort of. (Note the "Not a glutton for punishment" line, immediately lampshaded by Jarrett himself.)

In the right hands, the plan of using the show to help build a PGA career isn't a horrible one. This actually gives Jarrett a pair of edges which most hopeful players don't have: he can travel to event venues and make money for doing so if he's careful about what he lines up -- and he's taking on a tiny degree of celebrity before he ever hits the course, which makes it easier to get sponsors and entry exemptions.

However, I have no idea what his actual golf game is like.

You'd kind of have to hope he tracks his scorecard better than his shipments.

06-21-13, 09:27 PM (EST)
3. "Tuesday: someone dies."
I just saw the commercial. Roy and Jarrett are going to work together on a shipment.

...you just know that can't end well.

06-26-13, 08:33 AM (EST)
6. "Matter, meet antimatter."
Boom.

*sigh*

Well, that went about how I thought it would go. "Roy is my friend." No. No, he is not.

(Yes, every time they came close to physical contact, I was waiting for the explosion. Total mutual annihilation.)

Decent pair of episodes last night. It's the first time we've seen Chris under heavy torture and it was exactly as enjoyable as I thought it would be. (Realistically, he and Robbie had a case for listing fraud. Same-city... yeah, right.) Jennifer proved she would never survive a horror movie on her own genre savvy. Roy was Roy. And Johnny has been initiated by fire.

07-03-13, 09:16 AM (EST)
7. "Interesting question."
And the answer is 'If you kill him, how is he going to post a low rating about you?'

Chris is probably really depressed about not having thought of that.

So what have we learned? One, consider hiring Jennifer because she probably won't kill you. Two, we now know what Jarrett's type is. Three, only hire a party bus with a built-in toilet. And four? Every shipment does not start out perfect. Just like Roy.

This is The Season Of Teamups. I'm really looking forward to the Roy Vs. Mark smackdown.

12-04-13, 02:32 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Shipping Wars - It's back"

I’m glad the new season has started, I’ve missed it.

So what do you think of Jerrett’s new hairdo?

And really, if I had a chance to meet my favorite band (whoever they were, Someone and son, never heard of them) I wouldn’t risk it for a ball of popcorn. And couldn’t he have broken it up and put it in the back of his pickup and left the car on the trailer?

I loved when the cabin owner told Roy “we have a problem.” Yeah right, “you have a problem pal, see ya.”

I've tried nothin' and I'm all out of ideas!

01-22-14, 02:56 PM (EST)
9. "Roy's dead."
Heart attack this past Friday (1/17/14). Forty-nine years old, which puts him well below my estimate of late 50s on up. Apparently dealing with idiots every day takes it out of your face. And hair. Any everything else.

Here's hoping he finds his next go-round perfect, just like him.

Incidentally, I blame Chris.

kidflash212 4725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Roy's dead."
RIP

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-16, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Shipping Wars"
I hope they shipped this show off for good!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •