The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"the pickup artist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-23-07, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"the pickup artist"
on vh1.

it's my guilty pleasure.

it is utterly hilarious to watch these guys take canned conversations and *still* destroy them.

one friggin guy tried to 'open the set' by breakdancing in a club. 'wanna see me breakdance?' = worst.pickupline.ever

so far, i believe only 2 eps have passed. but they rerun everything on vh1 so much i'm sure you can get caught up very quickly. or you can just use youtube for an overview.

anyway... it's embarrassing, but when i'm up at 3 AM with a new baby, it definitely helps pass the time.

anyone else watching this crap?

~ cq

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: the pickup artist eire_heart74 08-24-07 1
   RE: the pickup artist LisaPles 09-05-07 2
 RE: the pickup artist eire_heart74 09-05-07 3
   oh i know cqvenus 09-05-07 4
       RE: oh i know eire_heart74 09-06-07 5
           RE: Silver Bullet LisaPles 09-07-07 6
 RE: the pickup artist eire_heart74 09-09-07 7
   RE: Who Dresses Mystery? LisaPles 09-18-07 8
       RE: Who Dresses Mystery? eire_heart74 09-18-07 9
           show of hands SherpaDave 09-19-07 10
               RE: show of hands cqvenus 09-20-07 11
                   RE: show of hands Sues 09-21-07 12
                   RE: show of hands fullofgrace2470 09-25-07 13
               RE: show of hands kidflash212 07-10-16 17
 the finale cqvenus 09-26-07 14
   RE: the finale eire_heart74 09-27-07 15
 RE: the pickup artist Agman2 03-02-16 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-24-07, 06:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: the pickup artist"
A wonderful guilty pleasure.

As a woman, yeah, "Mystery, master pick up artist" is still a dork. I would never take a guy seriouly who wore more make up than me, a fake lipstick print tatoo on his neck that seems to move position from show to show and a closet full of clothes that looks like Dave Navarro had a garage sale.

The two wingmen? Yeah, blond one J-dog is bleeping my gaydar big time.

I bet these "geeks" really just want a girlfriend, not a cheap one night thrill. It's sad that this show is only teaching them how to do that.

But if it builds their self esteem, than whatever works.

I still will be watching it though as this show is so over the top with the cheese factor.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-05-07, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: the pickup artist"
This show is a riot! I love all of the terminology I'm learning such as "set", "gambit", "IOI" and "neg". I kind of like the concept of the "neg", I may have to try that. I'm just kidding!
The funniest thing about the show is the ridiculous outfits Mystery wears. I was laughing so hard when he was in the aviator outfit with the goggles on his head. I was wondering where the bi-plane was that he flew in on!
The show where the guys were kissing the woman while she was blindfolded was hilarious! I have to keep watching even if only for the comic value! This is one of the best worst reality shows ever!

09-05-07, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: the pickup artist"
ANd what was with the big old cry fest last episode???? Oh my god you would think they were sending a guy to his death, not just kicking him off the show. Whatever!!!

09-05-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "oh i know"
i loved the crybaby who just cannot understand why girls think he's gay. hello? if you're going to try picking up a girl by talking about how you were in HAIR and it was "a life-changing experience," maybe rewatching the video will help.

~ cq

09-06-07, 11:57 AM (EST)
5. "RE: oh i know"
>i loved the crybaby who
>just cannot understand why girls
>think he's gay. hello? if
>you're going to try picking
>up a girl by talking
>about how you were in
>HAIR and it was "a
>life-changing experience," maybe rewatching the
>video will help.
>
>~ cq

So true! Exactly what I thought too.

09-07-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Silver Bullet"
Every time I see Mystery with the piercing under his lip I think it looks like he got shot and there's a bullet stuck in his face. Oooh, what an interesting conversation "piece"!

09-09-07, 08:02 AM (EST)
7. "RE: the pickup artist"
For the giggles, I went on youtube and looked for this guy. Got lots of clips from his workshops where it is just like the show. Plenty of undercover shots of this dude picking up chicks in bars with hidden cameras. All the same starter lines or "sets" that he's teaching on the show.

Ok so here's the thing, is this show going to kill his business? If he makes a living out of these workshops that don't look much different than the show, who would go to them? He's not god giving out blessings!

Not to mention since women now know about hm and the show, he 's going to need some new gimmicks.

09-18-07, 01:51 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Who Dresses Mystery? "
Did anyone see last night's (9/17) show? What was up with the disguise Mystery was wearing in the park?? I thought he looked like a homeless Amish crack addict! That was nuts! We also got to see another of my favorites, Mystery's aviator look.

On a more serious note, I thought Kosmo did very well and I could see he has made a lot of progress. I hope at least one of these guys can get laid by the time this is over!

09-18-07, 02:16 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Who Dresses Mystery? "
I have to admit I did think "wow he looks like Wried Al in Amish Paradise" with that get up.

My money is on Kosmo. He seems to really be enjoying himself and is much more relaxed around women. The other one is just coasting on good looks at the moment.

SherpaDave 8325 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 04:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "show of hands"
How many people predicted these two as the final two starting with the first episode, based on looks alone? I know I did.

09-20-07, 05:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: show of hands"

1. that other guy (not kosmo) is NOT attractive! he's far too pretty. brady? right. brady... i don't believe in dating men that are prettier than i am.

2. kosmo is a big huge dork. but, i predicted him to be final 2 b/c he's a good success story for mystery, given that he tried to meet girls the first week by friggin BREAKDANCING in a club. omfg.

3. i think there is no way in h3ll that this will ruin what mystery does for guys.

first off, women ARE this shallow, and it IS still going to work.

secondly, nobody but the four of US watch this stupid show.

~ cq

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-07, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: show of hands"
now now...I've caught a few moments too.....like the 'make out with fruit' episode....nice! Maybe next time they can grope cabbage patch dolls....

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-25-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: show of hands"
Count me in as number 5! I love this show and love both guys. Mystery just cracks me up. Has he gone into any of the clubs with his aviator look yet? I'd like to see how many women he can pick up in that!

I'd go for Matador, but Mystery or the other wingman? No thanks.

kidflash212 4827 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: show of hands"
SherpaDave - haven't seen him around in a long time

09-26-07, 03:51 PM (EST)
14. "the finale"
i caught it on rerun last night...

big shocker who the winner was.

this whole thing has been a hilarious joke. i mean, it's great to give ppl confidence, but... i don't know. i just wish the end goal weren't simply to get laid.

i hope kosmo turns his new "skills" into something meaningful and doesn't just become another perverted pig whore guy who sleeps around.

~ cq

09-27-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
15. "RE: the finale"
>i hope kosmo turns his new
>"skills" into something meaningful and
>doesn't just become another perverted
>pig whore guy who sleeps
>around.

As do I Something about Kosmo just screamed "out of work actor/stand up comic". I'm sure he'll have his own show in no time. LOL

Yeah if Mystery showed up with the goggles... oh my lord I'd be on the floor laughing

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-02-16, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: the pickup artist"
I'm sorry i didn't get to see that show!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •