The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Around The World In 80 Plates."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-12, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Around The World In 80 Plates."
Select Bravo as your serving dish.

Gather twelve professional chefs of varying experience who would normally appear on Top Chef.

Give them a race course around the world ala The Amazing Race.

Take the insta-team random pick and vote-off systems from Survivor, plus a Reward for finishing each leg of the course first.

After the race segment concludes, throw each team into a local restaurant and force them to brigade up like Hell's Kitchen.

Pray no one sues.

Serves less than one million.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Around The World In 80 Plates. Starshine 05-11-12 1
   RE: Around The World In 80 Plates. Estee 05-11-12 2
 Like Webster;s dictionary... Starshine 05-31-12 3
   RE: Like Webster;s dictionary... JessicaRN 06-07-12 4
       RE: Like Webster;s dictionary... weltek 06-08-12 5
           RE: Like Webster;s dictionary... krismiss2us 06-09-12 6
 Not that bad... bondt007 06-13-12 7
   RE: Not that bad... Starshine 06-15-12 8
       RE: Not that bad... bondt007 06-15-12 9
 RE: Around The World In 80 Plates. kidflash212 07-10-16 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-12, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Around The World In 80 Plates."
Just as a tip, saying "are you available love" to a British taxi driver isn't recommended, although I did enjoy the "sod the map, we are just going to run" navigation technique used by the "Chevin" team.

I have never seen black pudding hash on a menu anywhere in the UK, however I am old and don't gastropub that often.

Other than that, Pimm's, Fish and Chips, Yard of Ale, Steak and Kidney Pie, Scrumpy (lethally strong cider), what's not to love?

I'm guessing that "Chevin" and "Nookie" are going to be around to annoy us for many weeks to come

btw where the heck did "chef" as a title come from? "Hi, I'm chef Tsi" wtf?

Lovely cheese Mooney

Where are Voice of the Beehive when we need them?

1 yard of ale contains almost 3 merkin pints (or 1.4 litres for Canadians)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-12, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Around The World In 80 Plates."
Yeah, nothing quite like watching contestants complete a leg totally soused. It's a good thing they got the night to sleep it off before trying to cook, but it would have been fun to make them do more while the ale was still working. You could put a little blame for one side lacking a desert on the average alcohol content per player.

I don't blame the team which ran. Imagine you're in the first episode of the original Race and you've just been given expense money. What is it for? Are you taking the Underground? Taxi? Do you need a club admission fee? Will the pubs require you to pay for those meals? Until you have some idea of how the format functions, cash management climbs close to Rank #1 and stays there for a while.

I guessed on Scrumpy when I saw how the name was spelled. (It's mostly apples...) So what else should have been on the menu?

The Ingredient prize threw me. I thought the winning team would be given something extra to spice up the meals -- not that the losing one would be denied a normal component. That could get old fast.

Unfortunately, the season preview cell shows Anti-Darwin Syndrome in full effect: Nookie was just the first person to openly figure it out. Without a moderating hand to call people out on it and override votes, the teams are just going to get weaker and weaker. Which, for a cooking competition, means that once you start losing, you're arguably going to keep right on doing it. Good luck running a kitchen as a brigade of one -- but the producers will just reshuffle teams. One episode in and the format already has visible problems. Gordon could always yell "Bull!" and kick the strategists to the curb because it was his reputation on the line. Curtis Stone? Not so much. Once you've done a stint with Donald, there's no reputation left to defend.

I'm in for now, but 'for now' is the crucial bit.

05-31-12, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Like Webster;s dictionary..."
Could someone explain what Cat Cora is for? I understand that she is a very good chef and knows a lot about food, but all she is doing on the show is being Curtis +1.

Although I can understand why she wouldn't want to be remembered for this. I'm just watching due to habit, and the fact that the tasks are better than TARs.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Where are Voice of the Beehive when we need them?

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-07-12, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Like Webster;s dictionary..."
That's funny, because I said to my husband, "Why is Cat Cora there'? She seems kind of uncomfortable about the whole situation.

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-12, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Like Webster;s dictionary..."
I'm having Seacrest and Whatshisname flashbacks from season one of American Idol. I keep trying to like Cat Cora. She just seems to have very little personality.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-09-12, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Like Webster;s dictionary..."
at least she's not a condescending a$$ like chaz, who is finally gone

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-13-12, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Not that bad..."
I mean, it's watchable, I would say... seen worse. Growing tired over everyone hating everyon; but the places they go, activities they need to complete and the food they cook is OK to watch.

06-15-12, 08:40 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Not that bad..."
OK I'm starting to take it back, when Jenna goes things will be even better. It is interesting in a way to compare these chefs cooking local specialities generally without too many problems, and the Hell's Kitchen crew who seem unable to collectively hard boil an egg.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-15-12, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not that bad..."
I also kind of like the whole - OK put yourself on a team - OK vote for someone to go - thing. No big hoopla, just do it.

kidflash212 4670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Around The World In 80 Plates."
Did this make it to a season 2

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •