The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TheGreat Food Truck Race"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-11, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TheGreat Food Truck Race"
They're baaaack! Season 2 is on Sunday nights on the Food network. This season: 8 trucks compete for $100,000.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race samboohoo 08-16-11 1
   RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race jbug 08-16-11 2
       RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race samboohoo 08-16-11 3
           RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race jbug 08-16-11 4
 RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race jbug 08-16-11 5
   RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race samboohoo 08-17-11 6
       RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race tjdmlhw 08-17-11 7
 Fearless prediction. Estee 08-24-11 8
 RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race Starshine 08-30-11 9
   RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race Estee 08-30-11 10
 Cheaters Puffy 09-12-11 11
   RE: Cheaters Estee 09-12-11 12
   RE: Cheaters samboohoo 09-12-11 13
       RE: Cheaters JessicaRN 09-12-11 14
 Semi-finals Puffy 09-20-11 15
   RE: Semi-finals Estee 09-21-11 16
       RE: Semi-finals samboohoo 09-22-11 17
           RE: Semi-finals weltek 09-23-11 18
 (S)Limed. Estee 09-26-11 19
   RE: (S)Limed. kidflash212 07-10-16 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-11, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race"
Excited, but I haven't watched yet.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-11, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race"
maybe we should watch together?

Joker Original 8/2011

08-16-11, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race"
LOL. I'm going to try to watch tonight.

08-16-11, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race"
me too!

Joker Original 8/2011

08-16-11, 10:42 PM (EST)
5. "RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race"
watched
can't remember team names yet
but one all man team is too obnoxious

like the speed bump!

Joker Original 8/2011

08-17-11, 09:48 AM (EST)
6. "RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race"
One man team? I think both are: Lime Truck and Roxy's. Roxy's are the Boston boys with the grilled cheeses.

I don't know that I like any of them yet.

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-17-11, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race"
Roxy is the one that parked their car and truck in front of the other truck (I believe it was the New York team) so that no one could get to them. The next scene showed the 2 trucks sitting a little way apart, so hopefully someone on the show told them they had to move.

When they ended up in the bottom two last night, I was hoping that they were leaving and if it hadn't been for the flat tire, I believe they would have. I can always hope for this week.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-11, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Fearless prediction."
By this time next year, the number of food trucks in Salt Lake City will have tripled.

No wonder we get so many reality show contestants from Utah. There's clearly nothing else to do. 'There's a food truck we've never seen before! Let's go get a meal! And then we'll come back for another! And follow the truck! For two days! Start calling friends: this is the most important event since The Great Airplane Sighting Of '06!' By the end of the episode, I was convinced I could personally take over the state with a hot dog cart.

...there's a non-Caucasian population? Wow. Who knew?

And of course the Devilicious truck was going to lose. The state legislature demanded it! (Talk about pricing yourself right out of the market...)

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-11, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race"
15 dollars for a sandwich from a foodtruck?

08-30-11, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TheGreat Food Truck Race"
I can pay ten just by closing my eyes, turning in a circle, and randomly pointing. (Of course, if I do this in Manhattan, I am asking for a lot worse than paying ten dollars for a sandwich.) Fifteen doesn't require all that much in the way of searching. Actually, these days, ten is getting close to 'greasy sausage with burnt peppers at an unlicensed street fair' level. Which makes next week's Random Harassment Call into a sort of revenge.

Fifteen doesn't surprise me for a self-titled gourmet truck. The mild shock was in the number of recession-prone people willing to pay it.

09-12-11, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Cheaters"
Korilla got caught cheating by adding $2700 to their till. If they hadn't cheated, they would have come in 3rd out of 4 teams and would have stayed. Hodge Podge was saved.

09-12-11, 09:10 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Cheaters"
I don't get it.

No, I get the cheating: they didn't know where they were in the standings, they were freaking out about losing, and their egos turned out to be a little too strong for their own good. I don't understand doing it halfway. If you're going to add your own cash to the till, you make the decision with a few hours left and start either writing completely fake receipts or adding phantom items to real ones. Put a little mark next to anything which isn't supposed to be cooked, then proceed normally. Your chances of sneaking this past your cameraman still aren't that good, but at least you have the documentation which backs up the financial fakery. What they did comes across as a total panic move: toss the money in while the camera was pointed elsewhere while completely forgetting there were two counts made. No chance at all.

Columbia should be ashamed. Ivy League graduates never break the rules halfway!

09-12-11, 10:16 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Cheaters"
I only saw the end because of the preview. I will have to watch later in the week. Glad Hodge Podge was saved - they are my faves.

Korilla was getting the Nom Nom edit. Glad they are gone.

$2700 seemed like a LOT to add.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-12-11, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Cheaters"
I've always wondered how the totals were derived, what with the quick pace, changing prices, supplies bought on credit, etc. I guess they have it figured out. $2700 seems like an awful big amount to slip in and think that you were not going to get caught.

Do you think all 3 knew about it? They were hard guys to like. I wonder how closely a cameraman follows each team?

This season has been a lot more aggressive than last.

09-20-11, 08:57 PM (EST)
15. "Semi-finals"
The Hodge Podge chef said it best, "they put cheese on bread!" Yay, the Roxy truck from Boston is gone.

09-21-11, 10:19 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Semi-finals"
Sure, but when you think about the sheer variety of cheese and bread available...

So much for the rivalry reaching the finals: the editing really made it feel like it would be cheesy vs. slime at the end. Instead, we have Dumb Luck vs. Just Dumb. And I'm not really sure that's an improvement.

09-22-11, 08:43 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Semi-finals"
Of the three, I would have totally bought a grilled cheese first. But I also like Hodge, so I'm rooting for them.

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Semi-finals"
If someone was smart, they'd open up one of these next to your neighborhood:

http://chedds.com/

-A Tribetastic Creation

09-26-11, 11:02 AM (EST)
19. "(S)Limed."
Feh.

At least it stops the endless procession of vicious uncaring sabotage Truck Stops. 'And now, as this week's extra-special twist, I will stab two of your teammates in the back, poison your food supply, and set your truck on fire. If you can't make three thousand dollars before sunset under those conditions, you're out. And now I will return to lounging in a hot tub with bribed models until the time comes to kidnap your family.'

If Tyler's goal was to insert himself into the Top Ten Reality Host Jerks list? Mission accomplished with a side order of Go Away. Let them play the game -- and contrary to what production wants to believe, the game was not Paradise Hotel.

kidflash212 4659 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: (S)Limed."
Hosting seems to be the way to go.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •