The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-17-09, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
I can't volunteer to do the recaps, because I have NO idea how to copy/cut/paste, etc, all those designs on to a page to show you who designed what.

But it's pretty interesting, and I have to say, these characters have their own quirks. Like the 'harem pants' designer who knows nothing about sewing! Actually, there are several there who do not sew at all! Weird, huh?

They are just used to designing, and paying someone else to create their patterns and sew their designs, so the last outfit he sent on the runway was put together with SAFETY PINS!! Unreal! But-guess what? HE didn't get sent home! He was just told to suck it up and learn to sew his own garments!!!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is watching this, and if so, if anyone is interested in recapping/and or just chatting about it from week to week??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... jbug 05-18-09 1
 RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... Loree 05-19-09 2
 RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... ARnutz 05-19-09 3
   RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... mindy23 05-22-09 4
       RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... Snidget 05-22-09 5
       RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... jbug 05-22-09 6
           RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... ARnutz 05-22-09 7
 RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... dajaki 05-22-09 8
   RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... mindy23 05-29-09 9
       RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... Snidget 05-29-09 10
 RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fash... Agman2 03-25-16 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 17009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-09, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
Had heard there was a new show.
What day and time is it on?
I'll try to catch it - especially now that TBL, TAR, HK, ANTM & Survivor are gone!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
I've seen the first 2 eps. I wonder if they are going to design in groups the whole time. I think that often saves a few weaker designers if they are in the right group.

Sounds like the viewers get to vote on the winner for this show. So editing can really make a difference. They can make us love or hate a designer depending on who they want to win.

ARnutz 13914 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
I watched. I'm not sure what is wrong with this show. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels like a cheap imitation of Project Runway.

Isaac is NOT Tim. Kelly is NOT Heidi.

I hate the group thing. I hate the non sewers - they feel like primadonnas. I don't get a feel that any one of them are any good yet.

Also, why such strange characters for contestants? I mean, sure each show has it's weirdos, but this one seems like they found ALL the weirdos they could.

Knowing me, I will keep watching. *sigh*

05-22-09, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
It's on Thursday nights, starting at 7:00 pm, my time (Arizona), and airs several times, between Supermodel.

You are SO right, ARnutz, there really ARE some strange contestants on here. I wonder if they were asked to quirk themselves up even more than they were, for the sake of production? I dunno. But, so true that it's like a cheaper shot of PR, in so many ways.

If I didn't respect Isaac the way I do, I might not bother at all. But I do like to see how people design. These people just really are cheap knock-off's so far. I can't believe that some of them even went to seamstress/design schools. I honestly could have done better on that quick design project of sewing in a zipper/button/shoulder pad, than some of them did!

Not to mention, tney've already had one girl quit, and another offer. I mean, the pressure is not even close to what they seem to have on PR, it's just that the design challenges seem to be really off the wall. Like last night-designing a coat that can be multi-funcional?

And then getting all excited about that coccoon looking thing that doubles as a jacket AND (get this) a sleeping bag? You get too tired or drunk, you just lie down in your jacket (careful not to hurl in it, though, that's not too Kosher)! And there you go-sleep away that hangover...

I don't know. But I will continue to watch it, just because there is little else to watch right now, and who knows when the REAL PR is coming back, right??

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-09, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
The announcement for the premier of Project Runway on it's new network was made awhile ago.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20090421lifetime02

Thursday, August 20, at 10PM ET/PT

jbug 17009 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-09, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
I watched this last night Mindy - Central time at 9:00 - after SYTYCD.
Doesn't compare to Project Runway!

I could have made all the repairs in the jacket in just a few minutes - and I hate repairs!

I don't like the group work. Even tho they each make their own garment; why should there be a project manager - or whatever they're called? Unfair that that person has to monitor everyone else and? get their own piece completed.

I hated that they thought it was okay for the guy (who ended up winning) to not share credit with the girl who came up with the ideas. And brought her on the carpet for telling about it!
I hope she keeps all ideas to herself now - let the guy drown on his own.

ARnutz 13914 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-09, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
Agreed! I also hated the fact that the judges favorite, Reco, I think, could not win b/c he was on the losing team!

The whole team thing sucks and I wonder what they will do as they have less people. They can't continue that forever, right? I mean, will the final four be one group? Not likely.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-09, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
I'm watching, and while I prefer PR, I like Fashion Show. Some of the things I like are: Isaac Mizrahi (both as consultant and judge), the runway with a real audience of fashion insiders and others (I think the ratio is 5:100 though), Fern Malik (sp?) as a judge (she knows it all, really).

What I don't like: group projects (enough already, more than 2 is an insult to the designers), the whiners in the group (Santino would go medieval on them), "We're just not buying it" and "You're hanging by a thread" (enough with the stupid catchphrases, which should never exceed more than 2 words BTW - they lose their freshness and Kelly sounds like a parent chastising an unruly 6 year old), the little life-in-the-apartment vignettes that pop up between commercials (I really don't care how much of a mess they've made or if the crazy Honduran runs around in his undies).

I'm still iffy on Kelly. I'm usually great at pop culture stuff, but I can't remember if she got famous as a singer or an actress. And though she's lovely, "I'm just not buying it" that she's the best hostess Bravo could have gotten. Of course, now that Paulina Porizkova is available, maybe Fashion Show will pick her up for S2 (that would be one sure way to get my DH to watch with me).

05-29-09, 11:32 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
Well, last night they made TWO major adjustments, favorably, too: the fashionistas are now doing their own things, individually. AND, Reco (Rico?) finally won a challenge on his own.

Although I'm not crazy about his personality, and neither is anyone else, and I wasn't that 'in' to his design, he did win with his boots/dress/hat to go with by a 90% landslide. So, at least some things are changing in this iffy show.

We'll see what else transpires in the weeks to come. I'm betting on Daniella and Anna-who have come out on top several times. Angel is a good one, also. It would be fine to see a WOMAN take it all for once. But, only if she truly deserves it...

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-09, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
Urrrrgh.

I wanted Reco to lose, but he brings the drama so he will be there until almost the end. I don't understand why the audience was so enamored of his design. Maybe it looked better on the runway that it did on my TV.

I'm glad they went to individual, but I can see why they started out with teams for a few weeks.

Agman2 2457 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-25-16, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is anyone watching Bravo's Fashion Show?"
Are you watching it?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •