The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sweet Genius."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-11, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sweet Genius."
That's what the host claims to be. Pity the format makes him come across as a troll.

If you haven't seen it yet, imagine what Chopped would be with a single judge, nothing but deserts, and if they gave you the mystery basket ingredients one at a time. Here, have a forty-minute time limit and some pastilles. Ten minutes gone and you've found a use for them? Excellent! Now take these fennel stalks! Fifteen more minutes and you're just starting to figure out where the fennel might go? Then how about some raw beef! And by the way, this is the chocolate round!

Chopped is about creating and executing a game plan on the fly. This is about creating a plan. And then blowing it up and creating another plan. And then you start to suspect you're actually on Big Brother and the next ingredient out is going to be slop. And should you somehow manage to plate something, the host criticizes your handling of his random conveyor belt while you're forbidden to ask him if he could do any better should you start throwing random supermarket aisles at him. If this show goes on long enough, someone's going to stuff this guy into his own cotton candy machine. Well, it's probably the way he'd want to go...

"I am a sweet genius," claims the host. And that's now officially code for 'jerk.'

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sweet Genius. Draco Malfoy 10-05-11 1
   RE: Sweet Genius. Estee 10-21-11 7
       RE: Sweet Genius. kidflash212 07-10-16 8
 RE: Sweet Genius. jbug 10-06-11 2
   RE: Sweet Genius. mindy23 10-14-11 3
       RE: Sweet Genius. weltek 10-20-11 4
           RE: Sweet Genius. Estee 10-21-11 6
       RE: Sweet Genius. Estee 10-21-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-11, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sweet Genius."
The host reminds me of a Batman villain. And not one of the cool ones they put on the Animated Series, but one from the old sixties version that gave us Liberace and Milton Berle as villains.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-21-11, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sweet Genius."
*checks list*

Egghead?

kidflash212 4660 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sweet Genius."
Marsha, Queens of Diamonds?

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sweet Genius."
The host reminds me of Frasier & Niles;
but they are funny;
he is just a pompous ***.

The concept is not terribly bad; but the host leaves much to be desired.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-14-11, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sweet Genius."
The 'Host' who isn't so 'sweet' himself, reminds me of the villian from Mike Myer's run of comedies-oh, darn, the bald-headed guy with the naked cat....

Can't think of the name of them right now, but he's after 'one millllllion dollars!'. And no smile to go with it!

He is just creepy, and I personally would NEVER eat something that guy created. EVER!

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-11, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sweet Genius."
Dr. Eeeevil!

I cannot even fathom tuning into this show.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

10-21-11, 09:37 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Sweet Genius."
It's kind of like Troll 2. You have to check out fifteen minutes just to appreciate how painful it truly is.

10-21-11, 09:36 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Sweet Genius."
Believe it or not, he actually has some respect within his industry -- he's considered to be one of the best cake chefs out there and frequently gets hired to create the centerpieces at major events. People pay large sums to consume what he comes up with.

Which doesn't change the joke format of the show and his complete unsuitability as a host. It just means that if you stuck him in front of his own randomized conveyor belt, he might make Round #2.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •