The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love In The Wild"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-30-11, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love In The Wild"
For those of you missing Temptation Island - well, it's back.

I'll admit it - I liked it. I'm easy when it comes to summer viewing. And after giving up on The Bachelorette (blech!) this fills my nevergoingtofindloveonarealityshow guilty viewing need. And...I already like Samantha and Mike.

Bonus - the contestants could get eaten by a croc.

Floating my cares away with Agman - 2011

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love In The Wild Pretty_Kitty 06-30-11 1
 RE: Love In The Wild whimsey 06-30-11 2
   RE: Love In The Wild Tummy 06-30-11 3
 RE: Love In The Wild PepeLePew13 06-30-11 4
 RE: Love In The Wild Loree 07-01-11 5
 RE: Love In The Wild susang 07-02-11 6
 RE: Love In The Wild arkiegrl 07-06-11 7
   RE: Love In The Wild cahaya 07-06-11 8
       RE: Love In The Wild whimsey 07-06-11 9
           RE: Love In The Wild cahaya 07-06-11 10
 Week 2 cahaya 07-06-11 11
   RE: Week 2 Starshine 07-07-11 12
       RE: Week 2 Tummy 07-07-11 13
 Week 3 Starshine 07-14-11 14
   RE: Week 3 Tummy 07-15-11 15
 RE: Love In The Wild foonermints 07-15-11 16
 Week 4 cahaya 07-20-11 17
   RE: Week 4 Starshine 07-21-11 18
 Week 5 cahaya 07-28-11 19
 Week 6 craziness cahaya 08-03-11 20
 Week 7: Semi-Final 3 cahaya 08-11-11 21
   RE: Week 7: Semi-Final 3 aethelstan 08-11-11 22
       RE: Week 7: Semi-Final 3 Starshine 08-11-11 23
           RE: Week 7: Semi-Final 3 cahaya 08-11-11 24
               RE: Week 7: Semi-Final 3 Starshine 08-11-11 25
 RE: Love In The Wild tjdmlhw 08-13-11 26
   RE: Love In The Wild kidflash212 07-10-16 30
 Season finale cahaya 08-18-11 27
   RE: Season finale Puffy 08-18-11 28
   RE: Season finale Starshine 08-18-11 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-30-11, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love In The Wild"
I missed the first 20 minutes so Im a little confused. Are they existing couples or did they pair up at the beginning of the show?

Oh Temptation Island I miss you so

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

whimsey 4411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-30-11, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love In The Wild"
I generally turn my nose up at these coupling reality shows, so I never saw Temptation Island. This show had me half-way, but then I kinda got frustrated with the stupid people. In the beginning (off camera)the women drew numbers for the chance to pick their men-folk. Poor surfer-dude Peter got picked last, and Jason was next to last. The challenges were interesting enough, and the winners got an "Oasis" to spend the night in, while the rest got cabins. Most of the couples were pretty predictable in their exchanges. I was surprised so many folks chose to change partners and who they changed for. But maybe that's how these things usually go.

If I remember, I'll tune in next time.

06-30-11, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love In The Wild"
I'd tune back in just for the scenery. That Oasis - omg!

PK - I hope you got to see the raft building segment. Some of those gals/guys totally inept at knot tying. I'd swap too.

PepeLePew13 25872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-30-11, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Love In The Wild"
If they do get eaten by a croc, let me know. Otherwise I'll skip the show, thenkyewveddymuch.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-11, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Love In The Wild"
It reminded me of what would happen if they moved Paradise Hotel to the jungle. The pairing up reminded me of that show.

I enjoyed it and will watch again.

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-02-11, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Love In The Wild"
I will watch it again. I'd rather see a new Summer show, than watch reruns of crime dramas.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-11, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Love In The Wild"
What?? How did I miss this? What station? What night? Help me, Tummy! I miss the truly craptastic reality shows like this!

cahaya 19367 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-11, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Love In The Wild"
It's on tonight... in fact about now! (Wed, 10:00, NBC).

whimsey 4411 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-11, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Love In The Wild"
Thank goodness, I may have never seen it again.

07-06-11, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Love In The Wild"
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-11 AT 11:43 PM (EST)

Hey, I mentioned this elsewhere... I'm writing an RTV blog in beliefnet. So, just checking this show out although these dating type of RTV shows aren't usually my cup of tea.

07-06-11, 10:11 PM (EST)
11. "Week 2"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-11 AT 08:41 AM (EST)

Watching for the first time. Initial impressions...

It's not in the wild at all! Looks more like what you'd find at some $200+ tropical resorts that are well beyond the means of locals, with modern accommodations and even a large jacuzzi to party around in. No, it's more surviving the clash of personalities than it is surviving the elements.

This show is already driving me batty... the first major "challenge" is to walk through a bridged enclosure where there are bats flocked on the ceiling. After a cakewalk on a well-developed canopy walk (way up there), a wooden plank bridge is next, with quite a few planks missing. It's obvious that it's a set up by the production crew. None of the planks look worn or rotten, just either dangling or tied too loosely to withstand much weight. First guy drops on one plank in the middle, but of course he is saved by the safety rope used along the handrope on either side. Eventually after a bit of traffic with fallen planks, the bridge has about a 6' hole in the middle which is still fairly easily traversed by using the feet on the plank supporting ropes. Still, it's not a task for acrophobes.

Some earlier lines after they are paired off with new partners:
"There's only one bed." Read: "We're sleeping together, but we're not sleeping together."
"Leaves fall..." (by a soporific guy quaffing what appears to be a longneck Bud, probably not his first.)

There's about as much suspense in the editing of the foot race between the last two teams to reach the finish line as there is in watching people race for the shortest supermarket checkout aisle. The last place guy tosses his pack toward the line, thinking that if it crossed first, it might count. Bad camerawork and no music, it looked more like a home video. With still too many personalities to track very closely and like or dislike, it's like, well, ok, that team finished last, now what?

More lines:
"I annoy you and you annoy me." Well, ok, let's just be honest about it. You're annoying. And we later find out, you'd rather sleep outside with a bottle of wine for a self-indulgent nightcap.
"I don't deserve to be alone. *sniffle*" Oh, dear. And she's expecting to find the love of her life here?
"But, I... I - I, I..." There's about a 100:1 ratio of "I"s to "we"s in the conversations. How telling. (Telling indeed, as this guy ends up going home.)

Copious amounts of alcohol. Wine with dinner, wine or beer in the jacuzzi, wine with breakfast and lunch. And it isn't working. Plenty of loose tongues, but No. Action. At. All.

The couples choosing ceremony is rather lengthy, but there's a massive wealth of body language going on here. The first few couples split up. It's gals' choice night, so when a gal decides to split and ask another guy, they all say yes. The look on the gal's face who had her guy taken away says it all - either she's happy he's gone or her jealousy rises and her confidence level goes way down as she fears elimination. One gal wanted to stick with her guy, but the guy wanted to take another gal, but the other gal refused him, putting him in the "match area". Oops. Turns out he ends up being the only one there and out he goes for good.

In summary, it's hardly Love in the Wild. We're not seeing the love, although it looks like it might bud for two or three couples, and it's not either wild or in the wild. This show could be staged just about anywhere and it wouldn't affect the content at all. It's all about them (or "me", as the case may be).

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-11, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 2"
Adam - Self obsessed bodybuilder. Doesn't seem to have a personality, which makes him one of the most likeable men. Dude, she's just not that into you.

Kim - Doesn't like cats, must be evil.

Steele - Idiot, but then he was having to put up with the insanely possessive and whiny Vanessa.

Heather - Deer in traffic lights, can't remember anything else about her

Miles - Looks like a psychopath to me.

Jess - Very cute, I can relate to her annoyance with Peter, to be honest I would have decked him once we were on terra firma for that trick with the bridge.

Derek - I too am afraid of heights, falling through that bridge must have been terrifying.

Jessica - A fear of heights doesn't make someone a "girl", and be fair he had just fallen through the bridge.

Peter - Oh how much of a prat can one man be? Little consideration of his partner, little personality, makes a promise to someone and then stabs them in the back. But also stabbed himself

Erica - Looks cute, sensible to avoid Peter. A little whiny, however I think 99% of the planet would have told Jason to shut up before she eventually cracked.

Brandeee - Seems OK

Ben - Total nut job, why is it your partners job to look for everything and not yours?

Theresa - A fair bit of botox and surgery there methinks, best dressed of the evening though.

Skip - Anonymous bloke making up the numbers

Samantha - Who?

Mike - Who? Although I think I saw him in How I met your Mother

Jason - Shut Up! Shut Up! Shut Up! He's reasonably attractive, but bump him and dump him, if you spend more than four hours in his company you are liable to die of boredom. Shut Up!

Vanessa - Could be the editing, but she comes across as very clingy and high maintenance.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

07-07-11, 10:21 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Week 2"
Lol - love your descriptions. To be fair to Samantha and Mike - Episode One was the Sam and Mike hour. It looks like they're back next week not quite so "in lurve".

07-14-11, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Week 3"
Felt sorry for Kym who appeared to be everyone's second choice

Theresa, you shower with him already!

I'm not a great judge of male physical beauty, however Adam didn't seem to have it, made a mistake last week that bit him this week.

Oh yeah, sink that canoe!

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

07-15-11, 09:30 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Week 3"
Like someone said - It's a good thing Steele is pretty.

foonermints 13387 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-11, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Love In The Wild"
Just when I think you have a wild twanky fetish, I discover you are secretly into pain.

07-20-11, 11:24 PM (EST)
17. "Week 4"
I've got a live blog post here and will be covering it each week here on out.

Turns out this week the couple that left were the only couple that decided to break it up. And we're seeing a bit more coochy coo that we have in weeks past!

07-21-11, 04:20 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Week 4"
What is it with Steele? He looks like he should be great at the challenges, however

Episode 1 - 8 out of 10
Episode 2 - 8 out of 9
Episode 3 - 7 out of 8
Episode 4 - 7 out of 7

We do seem to have settled into a couples show now...

07-28-11, 01:55 AM (EST)
19. "Week 5"
After a couple of twists and unexpected events, we get a week that looks like it might shake up, but all of the couples end up staying together.

Derek dropped an idol log on his toe, breaking it and has to leave the game.

After all is said and done, four couples reunite to their original partners, and we have Ben and two gals (Brandee and Derek’s love Jess) in the match area. Ben apologies to Brandee and they make up and stay in the game.

So Jess goes home along with her new love in life, Derek. She has to be the happiest contestant we’ve seen leave an RTV show in a long, long time.

Weekly recap here.

08-03-11, 11:55 PM (EST)
20. "Week 6 craziness"
This week goes all suicidal as four contestants send themselves home instead of the usual two. How nuts is that?

I guess the torture of being with a partner you don't like for a week isn't worth a shot at the prize, hmm?

Recap here.

08-11-11, 00:47 AM (EST)
21. "Week 7: Semi-Final 3"
After last week's double elimination, the producers had to come up with a new Bob Eubanks style twist.

Recap here.

Prediction: This show won't likely go another season, but we'll see who wins the only season.

aethelstan 4432 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-11, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week 7: Semi-Final 3"
We've sort of been watching this show as it's on right after SYTYCD for us and we've usually taped the latter so we watch it while rewinding the tape. Unlike almost all shows in the genre, this show seems to have actually made as many as 4 potential future couples that actually seem to care for each other. The Bachelor(ette) episodes (even though I've never seen any) always seem to be shallow relationships. Cupid seemed to produce a couple that had real potential too. They also completely disappeared off the radar, which probably helped the longevity of their relationship. (Having googled, it looks like they were still together 3 years later)

08-11-11, 02:15 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Week 7: Semi-Final 3"
This is the only dating show I have watched (OK I did watch 20 minutes of the start of "Daisy of Love") and I must admit I was expecting a bit more drama, this show has been enjoyable to watch, people have generally been respectful of each other and it has been a nice little bit of sunshine in the backbiting RTV world.

08-11-11, 08:11 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Week 7: Semi-Final 3"
Mike & Samantha look like a sure bet to tie the knot, as well as Derek & Jess (Derek is the guy who badly injured his toe and had to leave the game two episodes ago and Jess decided to go with him than play on). The other two remaining couples, Miles & Heather and Skip & Theresa look like they'll carry on a serious relationship for a while which could also lead to tying the knot.

We'll find out in future RTV news how many of these couples do, but four couples (8 contestants) still hooking up after the show is over is a pretty high percentage of the 20 contestants who started out the season. I can't think of any season in any other show with such a high percentage. I was indeed a pleasant surprise to see how many of these people liked each other.

I'm guessing it may be due in part to the casting, where they picked more mature people than the likes of the bawling, bickering backstabbers who we see in Bachelor Pad.

08-11-11, 08:27 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Week 7: Semi-Final 3"
Not sure about Derek and Jess, I seem to remember he was talking about making Samantha his partner "to shake things up" a couple of episodes before he left.

But I think you phrased it well, the maturity was what I enjoyed, last week when Brandee decided she wasn't going to find anyone and so why try to take the prize from a couple who might make it was the perfect example

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-13-11, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Love In The Wild"
Looks like there will be more Love in the Wild. Love in the Wild Fan Magazine .com has an article announcing a casting call for Season 2.

They also have an article about a petition sponsored by the host and contestants trying to get a reunion show so fans can find who is still together.

kidflash212 4649 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Love In The Wild"
Wonder if it ever happened.

08-18-11, 02:00 AM (EST)
27. "Season finale"
It was a close race between the final two couples throughout two days, camping out the night in between. Almost the whole race, no more than a hundred yards separated them.

Mike & Samantha take an early narrow lead they never lost to win the round-the-world trip together. Although the race was close, we didn't feel the suspense like on some other shows (maybe it was the lack of music).

In closing, I enjoyed watching this show and was pleased with the result that several couples found someone to build a meaningful relationship with.

Finale recap here.

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-11, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Season finale"
Yay!

08-18-11, 05:38 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Season finale"
Such a sweet and enjoyable show, I hope that they do have a reunion show in a few months, it would be nice to see if the relationships can survive the real world.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •