The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Platinum Hit with Jewel and Kara D"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-07-11, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Platinum Hit with Jewel and Kara D"
Anyone watching this? Interesting, but I'm so sick of this world thinking that once you reach 35+ you can't think straight or have the intelligence to write the lyrics to a song! Or sing, or have too much talent in any other department...WHATEVER!

Hey, I think Jewel, Kara, and some of the other 'judges' ie Donna Summers, may be a little 'over the hill', don't you???

Talk about age-ism!~

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Platinum Hit with Jewel and Kar... Pretty_Kitty 06-07-11 1
   RE: Kitty... mindy23 06-08-11 2
       RE: Kitty... mindy23 07-27-11 3
           RE: Kitty... JessicaRN 07-27-11 4
               RE: Kitty... mindy23 07-31-11 5
 RE: Platinum Hit with Jewel and Kar... kidflash212 07-10-16 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-07-11, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Platinum Hit with Jewel and Kara D"
I cant stand to look at Jewel ever since she judged the Country singing competition a few years ago on CMT. I thought she was a straight up biatch. And Kara.. Oh Kara. Well, she's got to be better then Jewel.

I dont get cable anymore (stinkin economy)but if I see it online I wont bother to watch. Jewel and Kara together no thank you!

~Pretty Kitty~
(almost 40 and still fabulous!)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-08-11, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kitty..."
Actually, so far, Jewel has been pretty decent in this competition. Maybe she isn't so cocky with song-writing? I don't know. But I've only seen her call out one contestant, and he needed it in a BAD way! If I'd been her, I would have shown him to the door.

Kara only shows up toward the end for the actual judging. Doesn't do a lot of mentoring. So it isn't as bad as when she did AI, IMHO, anyway. You don't have to hear so much of HER ideas and opinions, just facts, straight up. And they always have a guest judge to balance it out.

I was more impressed by the 2nd showing, when they brought Donna Summers in to judge a dance song competition. Thought it was a little strange that they took them all to a gay night club to perform their compositions, but maybe that's where most disco-type clubbing goes on? I have no idea-haven't been in a club for ....long! Not even going to sayLOLOLOL!

Anyway, to each his own. I doubt there will be a 2nd season. The thing that bugs me the most, because I am a song-writer/poet, is that no one in the competition is over 30. THAT seems wrong in so many ways....maybe I just aged myself with the sentence above, but I still think I could write for a dance hook, because heck, I was in my early 20's when the Disco era took off! And I haven't lost THAT many brain cells!!! Guess they think we over the hill people are retired, in the thick of our careers, or are simply babysitting the grandkids?? I don't know.......

07-27-11, 06:18 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Kitty..."

Having watched this for each time now, I am so totally NOT impressed!! We don't get to see the judges deliberate at all, so we have NO idea why they are sending home the person they do, and I have disagreed at least 90% of the time.

I think a lifetime of musical experience counts for something, even though I don't make a living doing that. I do well when it comes to judging the others, ie American Idol and The Voice, but this one is a huge train wreck!!

IMHO, there is at least one or more that should have been gone a long time ago, and a few that were let go on just one hook, and the way they changed it up, moved it around or worked with their team. Nick and Jessica are not all that!

But then again, what do I know. I only hope this show kills itself. It's certainly not all that popular here

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-27-11, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kitty..."
I tried to watch it a couple of times and just found it very dull, the people uninteresting and the judges made me uncomfortable.

07-31-11, 11:29 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Kitty..."
The judges are AWFUL, the show IS dull, but Sonye is a good reason to watch. She is really really good. Even though she doesn't play an instrument, she knows her writing and she knows how to edge in the popular lyrics!

That girl should def have a future. In both singing and songwriting. I hope getting an edge with Jewel and Kara will help her, but I doubt it. I don't think those two are very helpful to anyone...

kidflash212 4645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Platinum Hit with Jewel and Kara D"
Don't think they reached Platinum status

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •