The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The (great) Escape"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-28-12, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The (great) Escape"
Alcatraz was the first location. Three teams start at midnight trying to escape a cell, then move along to various other locations. There were guards roaming around and search lights, so you could get caught as you maneuver from point to point collecting clues and keys and maps; and if you do get caught you get thrown back into the cell to try to escape yet again. It must have taken 6+ hours because the winners got to the final location as the sun was rising.

Next Ep they are on an aircraft carrier.

I think I enjoyed it. The team that won was so far ahead that the finish was not suspenseful. I also would like more teams, say, five…? A “TAR”-type point in the game where you can turn a team “…back two spaces” or take an item away might be interesting; as well as some advantage to do an activity with another team, even though you are trying to beat them.

I’ll watch again -

BTW it's on TNT and the Ex Producer is Opie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The (great) Escape Estee 06-29-12 1
   RE: The (great) Escape Pretty_Kitty 07-01-12 3
 RE: The (great) Escape Loree 07-01-12 2
   RE: The (great) Escape Tummy 07-03-12 4
       RE: The (great) Escape kidflash212 09-05-12 5
 RE: The (great) Escape Agman2 01-12-16 6
 RE: The (great) Escape Agman2 01-25-16 7
   RE: The (great) Escape kidflash212 07-10-16 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-29-12, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The (great) Escape"
Pasting my comments from the Summer TV thread:

A few notes from last night:

* First and foremost: this is Cha$e with station-to-station routes, tasks, and a budget.

* So that's how the Race would go down if every team knew where the others were at all times. I'm not sure I like it. Giving audio tabs on each pair's rough location in the game can put the pressure on the opposition, but once you know the fourth task has been cleared -- well, as noted by the second-place team last night, the only hope is a rule break. Zone #4 complete? Nap begun.

* Are the cells seeded with all the keys at the start or is each new one added while a captured team is in transit? I'd like to imagine it's the first, if only so a really poor showing could result in 'Just stay in there.'

* I don't like the seen-and-start-over rule. I'm guessing it's there to prevent wild chases and ensuing injury, but I'd still prefer a little flag football to keep the dubious flavor of the background going: the guards should at least have to make physical contact for a capture, if only a shoulder tap.

* The tasks are too easy and don't pay tribute to the environment. When the biggest challenge of the hour is thinking to look up...

I think it has potential, but it needs a lot of work.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-01-12, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The (great) Escape"
I watched last night with high hopes. I found it slightly tedious. I love the concept but the whole going back to the beggining multiple times annoyed me. I'll watch again but I dont know that it will keep my attention.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-12, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The (great) Escape"
I watched and will again.

I felt the guards could manipulate the game and result if they wanted. How easy would it be to ignore a team that they wanted to proceed but catch a team they wanted to slow down? The cameraman and lights following the team would not be a giveaway to where the team was?

I have always wanted them to change it on TAR so the teams can not simply follow another team but do their own challenges. This was successful on this show. They had to solve their own clues. Not sure what I thought about them announcing where the other teams were. I also wondered if there were always several keys hid in each cell. Or did they go and rehide keys after each escape.

I hated the green team. Banadana guy was irritating. He got so much camera time I was starting to worry he would win.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-03-12, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The (great) Escape"
I liked the one on the ship much more than the one on Alcatraz.

Agree with the lights and cameraman - they should do away with the guards aspect and put into play something like boobytraps.

kidflash212 4746 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-05-12, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The (great) Escape"
It seems in the last episodes, they worked to make the guards less subjective. Making the guards rounds timed so teams could avoid them and the final episode had the laser beam task which worked like your booby trap suggestion.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-16, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The (great) Escape"
It was a show that escaped my interest.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-25-16, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The (great) Escape"
I miss Bondt007

kidflash212 4746 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The (great) Escape"
I miss Agman

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •