The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-06-11, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
Is anyone else interested in this show, I find it more interesting than its sister show (the HGTV Design Star) and a few of the other better know shows.

I've already picked a favorite this year. At this point, Orchid seems to have all the ingredients to win this. She can cook, she seems to know what she is talking about, and she is very relaxed in front of the camera. The only drawback I see is that she reminds me of Arti who won last year.

I've also picked a villian that I'm hoping will be eliminated soon. Penny is a b**ch with a captial I. I was hoping she would go home last night.

I do believe that out of the group picked for the bottom, the judges made the right decision. Anyone that announces on a cooking show that they can't cook deserves to be eliminated first.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... jbug 06-06-11 1
 RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... jbug 06-07-11 2
   RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... Estee 06-07-11 3
   RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... vince3 06-07-11 4
       RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... jbug 06-07-11 5
           RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... vince3 06-07-11 6
               yep jbug 06-07-11 7
                   RE: yep vince3 06-12-11 11
 cheat sheet jbug 06-07-11 8
   RE: cheat sheet samboohoo 06-12-11 10
   Episode 2 samboohoo 06-15-11 15
   RE: cheat sheet weltek 06-16-11 16
 RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... samboohoo 06-12-11 9
   RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... jbug 06-12-11 12
       RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... udg 06-14-11 13
           RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... jbug 06-15-11 14
               RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... JessicaRN 06-16-11 17
                   RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... vince3 06-16-11 18
                   RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... jbug 06-17-11 19
                       RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... frodis 06-17-11 20
                           RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... mindy23 06-20-11 21
                               RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... jbug 06-20-11 22
                                   RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... weltek 06-21-11 23
 June 26 samboohoo 06-27-11 24
   RE: June 26 tjdmlhw 06-28-11 25
       RE: June 26 weltek 06-28-11 26
 RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... tjdmlhw 08-09-11 27
   RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... krismiss2us 08-13-11 28
 Finale Tonight samboohoo 08-14-11 29
   RE: Finale Tonight Molaholic 08-14-11 30
       RE: Finale Tonight samboohoo 08-15-11 31
           RE: Finale Tonight weltek 08-15-11 32
               RE: Setting up the DVR! mindy23 08-15-11 33
                   RE: Setting up the DVR! tjdmlhw 08-15-11 34
                       RE: Setting up the DVR! samboohoo 08-16-11 35
               RE: Finale Tonight samboohoo 08-16-11 36
           RE: Finale Tonight jbug 08-16-11 37
               RE: Finale Tonight krismiss2us 08-18-11 38
 RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - ... kidflash212 07-10-16 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-06-11, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
I recorded it last night & hope to get to watch it tonight.
It's one of my favorite reality shows.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-07-11, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
oh, wow. what a bunch of odd ones this season!

I wish they would NOT put them into groups so soon. Give each one a chance to stand or fall all on their own first.

I agree about Orchid. I've never watched Arti's Potty; don't ever see much from any of the winners tho.

I agree about Penny. People have to know that everything they say to the camera may be shown eventually; so why be so ugly & rude to another person? and sexy? that broad is not sexy!

Yes, the girl's accent is annoying & hard to understand. But I hope she outlasts Penny - just to show her!

I'm glad muscle/tatoo guy got to stay - glad the judges learned that he did get his food plated but that an accident threw it to the floor. He had no control over that.

Agman 2009

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-11, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
Arti's Potty

...I'm not eating that.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-11, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
Vic may be considered a plant/ringer in some respects: He's competed at least once on the Food Network Challenge...

06-07-11, 02:29 PM (EST)
5. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
The tall guy, short dark hair, with the big earrings?
I thought I recognized him from "Chopped".

06-07-11, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
The one I'm referring probably called himself Vic Vegas, and is heavily tattooed, and was in the Bottom 3.

06-07-11, 04:06 PM (EST)
7. "yep"

VIC

JUSTIN B
It's the earrings that make me think I saw him; or is there another chef with those?

06-12-11, 06:55 PM (EST)
11. "RE: yep"
I think you're right about Justin being on Chopped... They had a primetime marathon Saturday night, and a guy who kinda looks like him (but had seemingly bigger earrings...) was on...

06-07-11, 04:16 PM (EST)
8. "cheat sheet"
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-11 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

Alicia (can't talk girl)

Chris (college jerk guy)

Howie (can't cook guy)

Jeff (might actually have a chance guy)

Juba (can't speak a 2 word sentence guy)

Justin B (earring guy)

Justin D (totally unforgetable guy)

Jyll (let me do all your work for you girl)

Katy (?? girl)

Mary Beth (mediocre girl)

Orchid (not Orchard girl - top contender)

Penny (mean not-sexy girl)

Susie (wants anything but Spanish girl)

Vic (tough tatoo guy)

Whitney (promising top contender girl)

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-11, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: cheat sheet"
Whitney reminds me of Rachel Ray.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

06-15-11, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Episode 2"
Responding here so that I can use Jbug's Cheat Sheet.

Juba: They made the right call getting rid of him. Not sure how they get to the finalists, but it's hard for me to believe he (and others) got through to the finals unless there have been no "speaking" auditions.

Alicia is not long for the show. There is something odd about her. I can see how she's been a model, but there is still something odd there. She is a total train wreck.

Jeff's sweat was completely disgusting.

Glad Vic finally plated some food.

Don't like Penny at all. Totally NOT sexy. I think she'll be there a while based on her cooking, but she's not a draw for me. Interesting strategy that didn't work out how she wanted it to.

The 2nd Challenge: I'm still getting used to the format. I think I was a little bit confused on this challenge, and it also may be that I missed something. I thought some of the dishes were completely off from what they were supposed to be. In the end, I do think the right person went home, although I really think it could have been any of them. Alicia seems like a total blonde, and Chris seems like a total dufus.

Oh, and I think I'm developing a little crush on Bobby Flay.

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-11, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: cheat sheet"
So far I think there are several people I'd watch on a regular show. In past seasons, there have only been one or two, so I'm hooked on seeing this play out.

I think the females are far superior to the male contestants overall. I'm pulling for Mary Beth the most, then Whitney, Orchid and Susie. Penny will go a long way, but hope she doesn't win (like I hoped Melissa D'Arabian and Arti wouldn't win, but you see how that worked out).

-A Tribetastic Creation

06-12-11, 05:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
Interested. I'm only through half of Episode 1. All these 2-hour shows kill me.

It looks like from here on out, it's just "Food Network Star," as opposed to "The Next . . ."

06-12-11, 08:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"

and NOT HGTV at all

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-14-11, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
Except they replayed the premier on HGTV this weekend! I was so confused.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

06-15-11, 09:35 AM (EST)
14. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
I completely understand.
I wish more of the new shows would show re-runs later in the week - anywhere!

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-16-11, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
The Food Network runs their shows many, many times during the week. I haven't checked, but it might even be on Demand.

It's interesting to think back on the winners of this show. Of course, Guy is everywhere, to the point of overkill.

Melissa still has her show and I guess Arti's show is coming back.

Big Daddy seems to be getting a bigger presence on the network. I thought he was pretty awkward, but he seems quite comfortable and dynamic now.

Adam Gertler didn't win and has his own show. Not sure who the winner was of that season, but Adam is doing well.

Curly haired Tom, from last season (?) now has his own show.

This seems to be one show where winning isn't always the only way you get your own show.

06-16-11, 06:20 PM (EST)
18. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
Big Daddy won Adam's season.

06-17-11, 09:05 AM (EST)
19. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
& I've never seen or heard anything of the the guys who were allowed to complete as a team/couple (way back - maybe 2nd season or 1st?)

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-17-11, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
The Hearty Boys. I know that for a while their show was on one night a week at 3am or so.

They're still catering. I actually saw them do a cooking demo at the Family Farmed Expo back in March. They made Red Wattle Pork belly with butternut squash spaetzle. It was delicious, especially the spaetzle (I only had a tiny taste of the pork belly, since I had two tiny moochers with me and they polished it off before I could have a taste.) They were pretty knowledgeable and entertaining, too. It was a good demo.

They made a cocktail, too (but I missed some of that part of the demo so I can't really describe it.)

A Mmmmmmmoonie plate special!

(There were some Top Chef demos there, too. Stephanie from the Chicago season and Dale from the Miami season (and All-Stars) both did cooking demos, too. I missed Stephanie's demo (but saw her afterward) but I caught Dale's demo.)

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-20-11, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
Boy, was I ever glad they got rid of that 'marbles in the mouth' Allysa last night! Man, what a cry-baby, and who could understand half of what she said??? She and what'shisface that completely blew everything on the men's team, they were just disasterous!!

I hope these judges continue with some brains this season, and don't just keep people around for the drama. AND, I hope they get it right for once. They haven't done that since Guy, and that was, what? Season one? OR so???? I don't know because I've only been watching since Big Daddy, whom you never see, anyway...

06-20-11, 10:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
I figured out what was odd about Alyssa's speech - it looks like she had her back teeth gritted - or her jaw is locked - when she talks.

06-21-11, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
When I mock her, I can do so by keeping my jaw fairly immobile. So maybe she has a legitimate jaw problem? If so, why would you decide a tv career is for you? Much like radio djs with a lisp.

I always wish we had two people going home each week at this point. You know who is never going to make it.

-A Tribetastic Creation

06-27-11, 09:20 AM (EST)
24. "June 26"
Episode 4 I think.

I was completely shocked that it was Justin B. because the editing all night had me thinking Justin D. Of course I somehow missed about 20 minutes due to a DVR malfunction and then not having it on the actual channel. I'm going to try to re-record to get what I missed.

The Cougar Town cast seemed very mellow to me. Courteney didn't appear to be pleased with anything.

06-28-11, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: June 26"
It obviously shocked Justin B also, he was very surprised that they sent him home. He can definitely cook, but he has no personality at all. My wife thought it was going to be Penny, but that was mostly wishful thinking.

In my opinion, the 2 front runners at this point are Orchid and Mary Beth. They both can cook, are at ease in front of the camera and have outgoing/pleasant personalities.

The only male that has a chance at this point is Jeff and it's not much of one.

06-28-11, 02:54 PM (EST)
26. "RE: June 26"
LAST EDITED ON 06-28-11 AT 02:56 PM (EST)

Agree. Alterna-look guy that cooks is not interesting to me. You still need a personality that isn't completely off-putting and he seemingly knew he screwed up in front of the camera numerous times. He apparently thought he could skate on his cooking, or thinks more of his personality than he should.
Agree
Agree

I'm rooting for Mary Beth. A food writer doing a show is a good twist in the usual fare.

-A Tribetastic Creation

08-09-11, 08:44 AM (EST)
27. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
Bringing Penny back to help Mary Beth was just wrong. It was obvious to everyone that she was doing all she could to make her lose. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she messed up the recipes.

If they are going to bring back the eliminated contestants to help, they should bring back enough of them so everyone can have a choice of who will be helping them.

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-13-11, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
I totally agree!! What a witch!

I'm hoping Vic wins, but it'll probably be Suzie. I even like Jeff (is that the funny guy's name?). He's won me over too. I'd watch his show. Vic too but Suzie? No way.

Thanks Tribe!

08-14-11, 05:15 PM (EST)
29. "Finale Tonight"
I like all three.

I want Jeff to win. Susie probably will.

Molaholic 8991 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-11, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Finale Tonight"
They're already promoting the winner's show (I get the east coast feed here in the left coast time zone) -- but if you scan ahead on DirectTV schedule for next Sunday, they just list it as "Next Food Channel Star 7 Winner's Show"

Actually, I'm hoping a couple of the runners-up get shows as well...

Merci, Pepe for the siggies

08-15-11, 08:29 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Finale Tonight"
Yay. So happy about Jeff.

I had looked through the DTV Guide to see if I could "cheat." LOL.

I agree with you. I would watch Susie's show. I would watch Vic's. Maybe Mary Beth. I liked her a lot at throughout the season, but I didn't really like her last night in how she treated Jeff. I didn't get that.

08-15-11, 09:18 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Finale Tonight"
The final four was heads and shoulders above the last few seasons. I like Suzy and her cooking, but I don't see how it's really different than any other Mexican cooking show out there. She tells a few more stories than the others?

They are right that Jeff and his concept appeal to both men and women. It's a unique concept that isn't on the air yet. An easy decision IMHO, but I thought they were so smitten by Suzy they might give it to her. Jeff was the better business decision. I can see him and Guy doing a few duo specials.

-A Tribetastic Creation

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-15-11, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Setting up the DVR!"
I will most def be recording Jeff's show! And I would have watched any of the 3. Wow, Mary Beth??? WHAT the heck was that about? I almost liked her, but not any more! She is out of my life forever now!!

Talk about a sore loser, and there was never anything shown for a basis on which she could even place blame. So, what was her problem? I feel she was just a stuck up broad who wanted to win so badly, she just couldn't handle that the judges liked Jeff more.

Go, Suzy, who never ever said a bad word about anyone (that we know of), and still made it to the finale! You go, GF! She just smiled, worked hard and did her thing! What integrity and grit she had. Same for Vic! I loved this final 3. They were way better than any I've seen in a very long time!!!! And I bet ya they'll all end up with some kind of a show, somewhere. Heck, if Tom Colicki (however you spell it) can show off big food, why not?? RIGHT??

08-15-11, 01:01 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Setting up the DVR!"
I watched the show, but don't remember Mary Beth saying anything that would label her as a sore loser. Was it in the Reunion show that she said something?

The only thing I can think of that she could have been upset about was the fact that she had gotten Penny as her helper. But to be honest I don't think it would have made a difference, I think it was her interviewing technigue that caused her to be eliminated.

08-16-11, 12:19 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Setting up the DVR!"
The tension was brought up at the Reunion show. They showed the clip where she was eliminated and Jeff went to hug her, and she basically rebuffed his efforts. It's funny because I remember watching her elimination and not even realizing it had happened. In fact, I think I recall thinking she was somewhat graceful.

She got Penny by luck of the draw in the Iron Chef round, I think, but I do recall something where Jeff did some pairings, and maybe there was something there that she didn't like.

I think her perspective could have been very interesting. I would have loved her meatloaf recipe. In the end, I don't think she is comfortable enough, and that is why she was eliminated.

08-16-11, 12:21 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Finale Tonight"
Agree.

Suzy did tell more stories, and I think in that regard, that may have made her one-dimentional. She thrived only when going to those stories/roots.

08-16-11, 12:26 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Finale Tonight"
Yep, Jeff's concept was different from any other.
Suzy was just Mexican food - nothing exciting to me.
Vic was unusual at least.

I can see Jeff & Guy together.

On the reunion show Mary Beth was a sore loser.
Soooooo glad Penny didn't win; I would never watch her - regardless of how great her food was.

They really didn't show much of some of the early bootees.

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-18-11, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Finale Tonight"
I'm so glad suzy didn't win....would've been more of the same. At least sandwiches are different

Thanks Tribe!

kidflash212 4650 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: HGTVs Next Food Network Star - 2011"
This must have been more popular than I thought it was.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •