The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Expedition Impossible"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 25872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-13-11, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Expedition Impossible"
This new show has been described as a cross between Survivor and The Amazing Race, so that immediately perked up my interest. It'll be interesting to see if it's any good. Anyone else interested in watching this stuff?

Produced by Mark Burnett, show info is here and the team and host bios are here.

Gotta like the new host, Dave Salmoni. Hard to be any tougher than someone who has lived in a tent for five months in the African bush training Bengali tigers!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Expedition Impossible Tummy 06-13-11 1
 RE: Expedition Impossible Estee 06-13-11 2
 RE: Expedition Impossible Starshine 06-13-11 3
 RE: Expedition Impossible cipher5150 06-20-11 4
 Some Sneek Peek Photos... tribephyl 06-20-11 5
   RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos... flystorms 06-21-11 6
       RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos... tribephyl 06-21-11 7
           RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos... cahaya 06-21-11 8
               RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos... michel 06-22-11 9
   RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos... 5cats 06-23-11 10
       RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos... tribephyl 06-23-11 11
       Game? michel 06-23-11 12
           RE: Game? emydi 06-24-11 32
       RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos... cahaya 06-23-11 17
 Premier showing cahaya 06-23-11 13
   RE: Premier showing AyaK 06-23-11 14
       RE: Premier showing kingfish 06-23-11 15
           RE: Premier showing cahaya 06-23-11 16
               RE: Premier showing kingfish 06-23-11 18
                   RE: Premier showing cahaya 06-23-11 19
                       RE: Premier showing kingfish 06-23-11 20
                           RE: Premier showing bondt007 06-24-11 21
                           RE: Premier showing AyaK 06-24-11 23
           RE: Premier showing Starshine 06-24-11 26
           RE: Premier showing tribephyl 06-24-11 27
               RE: Premier showing Starshine 06-24-11 29
                   RE: Premier showing mindy23 06-24-11 37
               RE: Premier showing Sagebrush Dan 06-26-11 49
   The host... udg 06-24-11 22
       RE: The host... AyaK 06-24-11 24
           RE: The host... udg 06-24-11 25
           RE: The host... michel 06-24-11 43
               RE: The host... AyaK 06-27-11 58
       RE: The host... tribephyl 06-24-11 28
           RE: The host... cahaya 06-24-11 30
               RE: The host... emydi 06-24-11 33
                   RE: The host... tribephyl 06-24-11 41
                       RE: The host... Sagebrush Dan 06-26-11 50
                       RE: The host... Sagebrush Dan 06-26-11 51
                           RE: The host... udg 06-27-11 59
                           RE: The host... PepeLePew13 06-28-11 60
 Here's a back story... cahaya 06-24-11 31
 PTTE Expedition Impossible emydi 06-24-11 34
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible emydi 06-24-11 35
   Why not? Starshine 06-24-11 36
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible cahaya 06-24-11 38
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible AyaK 06-24-11 39
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible Puffy 06-24-11 42
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible michel 06-24-11 44
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible kpod 06-25-11 48
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible tribephyl 06-26-11 52
       RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible emydi 06-27-11 55
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible Molaholic 06-27-11 53
       RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible tribephyl 06-27-11 54
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible Tummy 06-27-11 56
   dj's list djandy 06-28-11 61
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible CTgirl 06-30-11 62
   RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible 5cats 06-30-11 63
 Overnight rating. Estee 06-24-11 40
   RE: Overnight rating. michel 06-24-11 45
 Observations Anyone? michel 06-24-11 46
 RE: Expedition Impossible Loree 06-25-11 47
   RE: Expedition Impossible AyaK 06-27-11 57
       RE: Expedition Impossible kidflash212 07-10-16 64

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-13-11, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Expedition Impossible"
I have to remember to set the dvr!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-11, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Expedition Impossible"
I can sum up my issues with this series in four words:

I don't trust Burnett.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-11, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Expedition Impossible"
Looking forward to learning more about Morocco certainly. Hoping that this is a Treasure Hunters type show!

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-20-11, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Expedition Impossible"
I just watched the 15 minute preview on ABC.com…so far it just looks like an extremely physical Amazing Race (without all the stupid bunch points) – which is fine by me since I am starting to go into TAR withdrawal! It’ll be interesting to see what new elements come into play like navigation.

I love that one of the trash talking teams had so much trouble with the very first leg. I won’t give anything away but after reading their bios their problem might be understandable.

Very surprising how small the prize is though – just $150,000 for the team (plus three Ford Explorers). Way to cheap out Burnett!

Fooner cracked my code

tribephyl 12163 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-11, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Some Sneek Peek Photos..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-11 AT 06:33 PM (EST)

Courtesy of Official Site.

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-21-11, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos..."
This totally looks like a hybrid of Eco-Challenge (a real adventure race that Mark cut his chops on) and Amazing Race. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one.

06-21-11, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos..."
Very much like Eco-Challenge. Which is exciting for me as I loved that show. Looking forward to Thursday.

cahaya 19367 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-11, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos..."
Same here! It looks interesting and might serve as a good substitute TAR fix.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-11, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos..."
I'll give it a chance.

5cats 1180 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-23-11, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos..."
Any possibility of a game?

06-23-11, 04:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos..."
lol...
well, I'm kinda busy hosting 'Survivor 2nd Chances' and will soon start 'BigBrother Reality Aptitude Test'. So unless it turns into something I just can't resist (and is mega easy to host) it's doubtful that I will be the one to begin a game for EI.
But...Let's see how ep 1 turns out?

06-23-11, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Game?"
I can start a pool: How many episodes before it goes to web-broadcast only?

I say 7.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-11, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Game?"
I can do a PTTE if people are interested

I'll need a siggie, Tribey!

06-23-11, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Some Sneek Peek Photos..."
Hah! Speaking of games... the official site has (a rather vanilla) one: http://abc.go.com/shows/expedition-impossible/game

06-23-11, 09:18 PM (EST)
13. "Premier showing"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-11 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

Thirteen teams of 3 each begin the Expedition to the shots of Moroccan mounted rifles. We get the hint they're there by some sort of special permission of the local warlord.

We're told the last team to arrive at the end of any of 10 "stages" (legs) will be eliminated. Teams are fairly easy to recognized because each team has its own clothing color/style. Lot of comments about the high socks worn by the Fab 3.

Already, just in the first climb up a huge sand dune, we're seeing the first fly drop -- and it's not a gal, it's an athletic guy, an Afro-American in the Country Boys team (bet he doesn't listen to country).

At "Checkpoint" 1, the Latin Persuasion gals start by dragging their packs in the sand when there are camels to carry the load. "This is not a beauty pageant, it's a competition", one of them says. Finally, they get properly mounted (this is no code). Well, duh. It can't get worse than this, can it?

It does. Seems like quite a few folks are getting their brains baked in the 100o desert and start acting irrationally. One team decides to start digging holes in the sand without any obvious clue as to where to dig apart from where tents are pitched. Ding, ding, ding! There's water about 3 feet down, although it doesn't look palatable.

After the dig-a-hole-in-the-sand-for-water task, the next checkpoint comes after a long climb through rough, rocky terrain with a bit of rope work, ending with a 300' rappelling drop. The thirteen teams eventually break up into three clumps, with about four or five teams per group. One sprained ankle and party's over, so they take it slow. And anyone who hasn't practiced rope work is going to be a seriously liability as one team (Mom's Army, I think) finds out.

After visiting a small camp of Moroccans playing with snakes, two paths lead out, with teams choosing the path instructions based depending on how many snakes they count. One route is correct, the other route eventually leads to a hand-painted Wrong Way sign. Of the first group of four teams, No Limits team misses the snake count and takes the wrong path and has to reverse course.

Some teams make it before nightfall, some don't. There's no bunch points on this course, so the front-running teams tend to stay there, the lagging teams continue to fall behind. Latin Persuasion and Grandpa's Warriors are out there hiking in the dark with flashlights mounted on their heads, and the Latin gals are about to shut down on the trail. And they end up last.

"You're the last team to arrive cross the finish line. I'm sorry to tell you your Expedition is over and you're going home".

Next week the adventure continues with wild horses and gushing river rapids.

AyaK 10400 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-11, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Premier showing"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-11 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

You have to filter the water through the cloth that Team Fab 3 (the lead team -- and also the knee-high socks team, made up of two gay guys and the younger sister of one of them) was using when you put it into the jug. That takes out most of the sand and makes the water much clearer. I noted that some of the teams didn't seem to use that cloth.

Interestingly, the show implied that the water was given to the "thirsty camels" at that point, but it didn't really show it.

The show owes a LOT to Eco-Challenge, except for the presence of the totally amateur teams.

kingfish 19155 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-11, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Premier showing"
There was one shot of a camel with a muddy muzzle.

I'm kinda liking this, the Latinas are pretty funny. And the Teal team (Tribe needs to tune in) seem to be pretty savvy.

06-23-11, 10:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Premier showing"
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-11 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

Yeah, I'm kinda liking it too. There are a few teams I like, and a few I wonder what the heck they're doing out there.

Unlike Amazing Race, there aren't any bunch points, so they tend to stretch out more and run in packs of teams. It's definitely a physical challenge and while it's not too dangerous, any stupid moves can result in an injury serious enough to halt and eliminate the team. Hiking in the dark in that kind of terrain is risky business.

My guess is that they hiked maybe at most 5 miles. Sounds short, but they may not have averaged even half a mile an hour on that course with the very rough terrain, climbs, rappelling, in some cases darkness, and the stops along the way.

06-23-11, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Premier showing"
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-11 AT 10:38 PM (EST)

Did you notice? There were a number of teams that weren't wearing hats?

So you go to Morocco for a survival competition in the Sahara, and you don't bring a hat? Or if you have one, you don't put it on?

06-23-11, 10:24 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Premier showing"
Both no hats -- and in some cases, where serious rope work was being done, no helmets and/or pads. Seems like some teams thought this was going to be a walk up the beach along Highway 101. Notably, I didn't see anyone drinking water (maybe it's just the edit), but in that kind of weather (hot, dry), it's easy to get dehydrated.

06-23-11, 10:37 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Premier showing"
I used to think those guys that showed up for Survivor in suits were idiots, but these people take the cake.

Yeah, the helmets. I suppose they have to backpack all their safety gear? I always wondered about it with AR too, do they hump all their winter/summer gear (boots, parkas, etc) throughout the whole race?

It's pretty easy to see which teams will be weeded out early.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-24-11, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Premier showing"
It's been 30 minutes and I'm looking at picking up the People magazine on the coffee table about the royal wedding...

This better pick up a bit -

06-24-11, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Premier showing"
The Latina team was the weakest link, but it looks like quite a few of these teams are going to struggle. I knew the Country Boys weren't going to let the Latinas beat them, even back at the start when we saw the one Country Boy almost quit.

This reminds me a lot of the way Mark Burnett predicted that Survivor would be. The weaker, less fit, less clever contestants (Richard Hatch, Sue Hawk) get weeded out, while the fit and competent ones (Gretchen Cordy) continue on. For Burnett, the advantage here is that there is no way that a "freaks and geeks" coalition like Hatch's "Tagi 4" could survive.

06-24-11, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Premier showing"
Yes I kinda like it, although I think it will improve when there are fewer teams to follow.

A few of the teams only seem to have one member so far, hopefully they will start to show the rest of the individuals soon.

Quote of the night was either "They look like a dance group" or "Why are their socks so high"

06-24-11, 05:25 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Premier showing"
And the Teal team seems to be pretty savvy.

...as us teal "team" members often are.
I love that the knee highs are a distraction for other teams. (and even the locals, it would seem).

I like Fab 3, I also like the Gypsies. Can't help but root for team No Limits. So this 1st episode worked out great for me.

06-24-11, 08:38 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Premier showing"
BTW when did wigs become a "Teal" accessory? Not a part of the stereotype I was aware of

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-24-11, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Premier showing"
Enjoyed watching the interplay between the people, which is what the premise of most non-singing reality shows are about. But I hated that it was so much like TAR, a little like Survivor, and the host was just booooooring.

Will just have to wait and see how it goes. It was definitely a no brainer that the Latinas were going to head out. Did NOT realize they'd be escorted on a private red jet. Now THAT is interesting and a new twist.

I guess for the lack of summer-time entertainment, can't be too bad, but I personally miss The Mole, and think that the 'reward' really sucks!

Sagebrush Dan 9983 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-11, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Premier showing"
I liked Fab 3 and Gypsies, too.

Makes me proud to be gay that ours went, "well, duh. Dig for the water." More than ticked me off that the Football Players basically ripped off the water, when I doubt they would have been able to figure it out.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-11, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "The host..."
...is no Phil Keoghan. He's not even a Colby Donaldson.

Also, would it kill them to have a female host?

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

06-24-11, 01:02 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The host..."
>Also, would it kill them to have a female host?

I hear Tammy Leitner's available. She's certainly fit enough for the part.

Not sure if she's still bitter about being booted by Neleh and Paschal, though.

Hey, how about having Neleh and Tammy co-host? That would spice things up.

06-24-11, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The host..."
There's a lamppost across the street from my house that has more personality.

06-24-11, 10:02 PM (EST)
43. "RE: The host..."
You really think that Neleh has the voice suited to host a TV show?! Or the personality?

06-27-11, 08:01 PM (EST)
58. "RE: The host..."
Tammy, of course, is a star TV reporter, so she wouldn't have any problem.

The Neleh reference was to how much Tammy hated Neleh at the end of Survivor: Marquesas.

I can picture Neleh running for her life through the desert, screaming "Oh My Heck!" as Tammy caught up to her. . .

06-24-11, 05:56 AM (EST)
28. "RE: The host..."
the newslines will read...

"Salmoni flounders!"

or maybe...

"Baked Salmoni Oaf."

Wow. Dead air would have been better at moments. This guy came off as charmless.

06-24-11, 08:40 AM (EST)
30. "RE: The host..."
He also came off as being amateurish as well as charmless, right to the end. Here he is clapping and waving and telling Grandpa's team and the Latinos (the last two teams) to hustle up to the finish line after a grueling night hike, as if they were just moseying around. It's as they made him late for a dinner date somewhere. He showed no real sympathy for the eliminated team, either, not giving them much of a chance to say anything at the end (this could be the edit, but I suspect they didn't want to talk to him anyway).

06-24-11, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The host..."
and he has no eyebrow moves or good golf equipment

06-24-11, 03:46 PM (EST)
41. "RE: The host..."
Let's just have him show up this way...

then it won't matter if he opens his mouth or not.

06-26-11, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: The host..."
I can see him showing up in one of your siggies.

06-26-11, 02:52 AM (EST)
51. "RE: The host..."
A slightly more revealing shot:

06-27-11, 11:54 PM (EST)
59. "RE: The host..."
I can honestly say, that doesn't make me like him any better.

Yes, he's a barfcake.

PepeLePew13 25872 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-11, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: The host..."
I thought real men don't wear girdles?

06-24-11, 09:13 AM (EST)
31. "Here's a back story..."
that came out on Wednesday about the blind Jeff Evans from the No Limits team.

06-24-11, 10:15 AM (EST)
34. "PTTE Expedition Impossible"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-11 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

Is a PTTE for this show Expedition Impossible?

PTTE Picks to the End

Please put your lists in for how you think the remaining teams will be eliminated

You can change your WILL GO list but each week you change it it will cost you +4 pts.

You get points each week for how far you are from the actual eliminations. So you don't want points in this game.

The (Remaining 12) Teams

The Country Boys
Grandpa's Warriors
California Girls
The Fisherman
Team Kansas
NY Firemen
No Limits
Mom's Army
Fab 3
The Gypsies
The Cops
The Football Players

ETA Deadline to join is BEFORE the 2nd episode airs on Thursday 6/30/11 9pm EDT

06-24-11, 10:18 AM (EST)
35. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
My best guess!

12. Mom's Army
11. Grandpa's Warriors
10. Team Kansas
9. NY Firemen
8. California Girls
7. The Cops
6. The Fisherman
5. The Country Boys
4. The Football Players
3. The Gypsies
2. Fab 3
1. No Limits

06-24-11, 10:41 AM (EST)
36. "Why not?"
A fairly random scattering!

12. Grandpa's Warriors
11. Team Kansas
10. The Country Boys
9. NY Firemen
8. Mom's Army
7. The Football Players
6. Fab 3
5. California Girls
4. The Cops
3. No Limits
2. The Fisherman
1. The Gypsies

It could only be a Tribe

06-24-11, 01:40 PM (EST)
38. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
12. Grandpa's Warriors
11. Mom's Army
10. The Cops
9. California Girls
8. NY Firemen
7. The Country Boys
6. The Fisherman
5. Team Kansas
4. The Football Players
3. No Limits
2. Fab 3
1. The Gypsies

06-24-11, 01:41 PM (EST)
39. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
I don't think Grandpa's Warriors are as bad as they looked last night. So I won't pick them next...

12. California Girls
11. The Country Boys
10. Team Kansas
9. Grandpa's Warriors
8. NY Firemen
7. Mom's Army
6. The Cops
5. The Football Players
4. The Fishermen
3. No Limits
2. Fab 3
1. The Gypsies

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-11, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"

12 Mom's Army
11 Grandpa's Warriors
10 California Girls
9 The Country Boys
8 NY Firemen
7 The Fisherman
6 Team Kansas
5 The Football Players
4 The Cops
3 No Limits
2 The Gypsies
1 Fab 3

06-24-11, 10:07 PM (EST)
44. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-11 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

12- Grandpa's Warriors
11- California Girls
10- Team Kansas
9- The Fisherman
8- The Cops
7- Mom's Army
6- NY Firemen
5- The Country Boys
4- The Football Players
3- The Gypsies
2- No Limits
1- Fab 3

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-25-11, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
12. Grandpa's Warriors
11. Mom's Army
10. California Girls
9. NY Firemen
8. Fishermen
7. Cops
6. Kansas
5. Gypsies
4. Country Boys
3. Football Players
2. Fab 3
1. No Limits

06-26-11, 03:16 AM (EST)
52. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
Okay...This was difficult.
My thought process took me first making a list based on what my heart was feeling for these people, which teams I liked.
I then noticed that my list looked very similar to every other players list. So I thought, well, I often return to my favorite psychic list maker, the Pirate name generator.
That list certainly didn't tun out the same. And truly, the PNG isn't always right.
So, since I'm a man of spreadsheets and averages I couldn't help but try and figure in a way to meld these two lists together.
That result was then further jimmied with because truly, from the teal colored blood that runs through my losery veins, from my losery toes to my losery nose, I just DON'T win these things. Whether I try to or not. So in a way, the further mix-melds I make, either the closer I get or the farther away... but from what?
Well whatever the end result, here is my list, for the 1st Expedition Impossible PTTE.

12th ~ NY Firemen
11th ~ Team Kansas
10th ~ Cops
9th ~ Football Players
8th ~ Gypsies
7th ~ No Limits
6th ~ Grandpa's Warriors
5th ~ Country Boys
4th ~ Mom's Army
3rd ~ California Girls
2nd ~ Fishermen
1st ~ Fab 3 *Winners!* *Go Teal!*

06-27-11, 10:16 AM (EST)
55. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
you, my dear, are just terrific

Molaholic 8991 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-11, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
Just watched it on dvr -- it has possibilities but I think it will be another "Kid Nation".

12 - Grandpa's Warriors
11 - California Girls
10 - Team Kansas
9 - Mom's Army
8 - The Country Boys
7 - The Fisherman
6 - The Gypsies
5 - The Football Players
4 - The Cops
3 - Fab 3
2 - No Limits
1 - NY Firemen

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

06-27-11, 03:30 AM (EST)
54. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
I think it will be another "Kid Nation"
minus the inherent need to shelter the contestants from the ills of the big nasty world aspect, right?

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-27-11, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
12. Grandpa's Warriors
11. Mom's Army
10. Team Kansas
9. The Cops
8. The Country Boys
7. California Girls
6. The Football Players
5. The Fisherman
4. The Gypsies
3. No Limits
2. NY Firemen
1. Fab 3

Floating my cares away with Agman - 2011

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-28-11, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "dj's list"
Sure, I'll give it a shot in the dark. It's got to be better than the SYTYCD bloodbath.

12.) Grandpa's Warriors
11.) Mom's Army
10.) Team Kansas
9.) California Girls
8.) NY Firemen
7.) The Fishermen
6.) The Country Boys
5.) The Cops
4.) The Football Players
3.) No Limits
2.) Fab 3
1.) The Gypsies

CTgirl 7704 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-11, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
I haven't seen the first episode because I forgot to record it so I'm doing my guesses based on your reactions to the show and their very brief bios on ABC. I can't walk away from a game!

I saw Dave Salomi on Jimmy Kimmel last night. An animal trainer as the host of a show like this? Really? This is the best Mark Burnett could come up with?

12. Grandpa's Warriors
11. California Girls
10. Team Kansas
9. The Fishermen
8. The Cops
7. Mom's Army
6. Country Boys
5. The Firemen
4. Fab 3
3. The Football Players
2. The Gypsies
1. No Limits

5cats 1180 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-30-11, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: PTTE Expedition Impossible"
12-Grandpa's Warriors
11-Mom's Army
10-Team Kansas
9-The Fisherman
8-NY Firemen
7-California Girls
6-The Football Players
5-The Cops
4-The Country Boys
3-Fab 3
2-The Gypsies
1-No Limits

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-11, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Overnight rating."
Approximately seven million viewers, making it the #1 show for the night.

Then again, Pirate Master didn't have the world's worst premiere either.

06-24-11, 10:09 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Overnight rating."
They promoted it hard enough but promos were all about the challenge, not the players so people will tune out once they see no one to their liking stands out.

06-24-11, 10:35 PM (EST)
46. "Observations Anyone?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-11 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

I can't say I paid a lot of attention to the premiere's editing but some things stood out:

These bottom teams weren't featured at all
California Girls
The Fishermen
Team Kansas
The Cops
I think we can put them in the "likely early elimination" category.

Grandpa's Warriors were probably only shown because they were in danger of elimination. They had a slightly positive edit (the girl saying she was the weak link instead of grandpa) to make us want them to beat the latino girls. They should be early exits.

The NY Firemen and Mom's Army had slightly more airtime than those other teams so maybe they last a little longer.

The Country Boys looked weak even if they are strong alpha men so maybe there was a reason for showing their moment of weakness. Of note, one of the country boys had an interview at the end of the show which stood out to me for some reason. Call them my longshot to win it all.

The top teams had to be shown so it's too early to really separate them. But, by first impression:

The Football Players were only featured through the words of Akbar Gbaja-Biamila. He wasn't a star but he would be more remembered by NFL fans than the latest Survivor football players. So his airtime could be only due to his "celebrity" status.

For the eventual leg winners, it didn't feel like The Gypsies received any special treatment.

No Limits were always going to be featured and they were given a nice "underdogs that are going to be overlooked by the other teams" edit. I'd put them as second favorites for the win right now.

It felt like the Fab 3 had the most personal development so they are my early favorites for the win.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-11, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Expedition Impossible"
I enjoyed it enough to watch next week. Too many teams and players to really get to know them in one hour. It was obvious the latino Bronx women were going home. Their competition for last place was not given as much airtime. I don't think I even saw one of the members of Grandpa's team. So they were safe for the night.

I can't handle that kind of heat so I would have done terrible in that "stage" of the race. TAR must own the right to call them "legs".

06-27-11, 07:56 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Expedition Impossible"
I think they were called checkpoints and stages in Eco-Challenge as well. The difference was that in Eco-Chellenge, you had cutoff times that you had to meet on each stage, where here, they just eliminate the team in last, TAR-style.

kidflash212 4640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Expedition Impossible"
What happened to your little blue peep symbol?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •