The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sarah Palin's Alaska"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-10, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sarah Palin's Alaska"
Has anyone besides me seen the premiere episode of this show? As long as they stay away from political posturing and focus on Alaska, I think the show has the potential to be interesting. One thing's for sure, the Alaskan scenery is breathtaking.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska kingfish 11-22-10 1
 Not a fan's review Rebel Crown 11-23-10 2
   RE: Not a fan's review kingfish 11-23-10 3
       RE: Not a fan's review Rebel Crown 11-24-10 4
 RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska Max Headroom 11-24-10 5
   RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska Rebel Crown 11-24-10 6
 RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska KwietOne 12-07-10 7
   RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska weltek 12-07-10 8
       RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska Snidget 12-12-10 11
           RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska weltek 12-14-10 15
       RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska KwietOne 12-14-10 16
 RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska Tummy 12-12-10 9
   RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska Snidget 12-12-10 10
       RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska HobbsofMI 12-13-10 12
           RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska Estee 12-13-10 13
               RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska HobbsofMI 12-14-10 14
 RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska KwietOne 12-14-10 17
   RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska JessicaRN 12-17-10 18
       RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska kingfish 12-17-10 19
           RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska weltek 12-17-10 20
       RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska Max Headroom 12-20-10 21
           RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska mindy23 12-23-10 23
 Season 2 HobbsofMI 12-22-10 22
 RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska kidflash212 07-10-16 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19155 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-10, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
I think it's a great advertisement for Alaska. And a positive view of Palin. I'm not a Palin fan, and I would have to have a horrible choice in order for me to vote for her (i.e. Obama again), but I'd sure like to visit and do some of those things.

And to see Palin flailing around on the mountain climb was pretty funny. And humanizing for her.

I also watched the second episode, and maybe real blood and guts fishing isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'd like to do the Halibut fishing/cleaning/eating thing too.

Alaska is just gorgeous.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-23-10, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Not a fan's review"
<<One thing's for sure, the Alaskan scenery is breathtaking.>>

I agree with this. However, anyone can find gorgeous video footage of Alaska that doesn't have the political overtones she used. Almost everything she said sounded calculated and heavily planned out.

The producer, Mark Burnett, should be ashamed of himself for being involved. Maybe he didn't have "final say" in his editing (yes, I am implying that Sarah Palin had that power), I don't know, but I thought I was rehearing the 2008 campaign throughout the first show.

Cut out all the parts with the Palins, and it's a nice show.

11-23-10, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not a fan's review"
Well, he is an EP (EPMB) after all. And I'm sure Palin did have at least some editorial control over the show. I would want that in her place. And after seeing how editors tend to crucify reality show subjects when possible, it would be the smart thing to do. Props to her for insisting on that.

But I don't really recall any politicking or mentions of Tea Party views from the two episodes I saw. The strongest opinion I recall was of her neighbor who she suspected of gathering information for a book that Palin suspected was to be negative toeard her. She certainly has the right to be offended by that.

11-24-10, 05:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not a fan's review"
<<And after seeing how editors tend to crucify reality show subjects when possible, it would be the smart thing to do. Props to her for insisting on that.>>

This is exactly what I'm concerned about. It's entertaining when Burnett twists Jerri's edit or make Parvati likable, like you said, he IS EPMB . But not so much when he does it to a politician. That's one problem I have with it. (And I would have a problem with any politician, not just because it's Palin).

My bigger worry is the bubble Palin has built around herself since her introduction. It started with FOX, which she uses to hide from actual journalists. Now that she's had to branch out a little bit, she still takes control of the message she's trying to send. This is supposed to be a "reality" show, not footage edited by the "on-air personalities", one of whom has expressed an interest in running this country. That's overt manipulation.

While I agree that everyone should have control of their "message", people who choose to be on a this type of show, should expect to give up some of that. This show adds to that bubble, where only her "facts" and "truths" are accepted. (Full disclosure-I only saw the first show.)

I follow Big Brother - I see what CBS does to what footage they have, sometimes taking the most vile person there and making him or her "nicer" or "likable" (ED, Maggie). Burnett does it, too. How can anyone trust either party involved in this endeavor?

How would Jerri had been edited if she had some control over it? Much differently, I'm sure. Sorry to go back so far in Survivor history, she was the first one to come to mind .

11-24-10, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
Episode #2 was not as good as episode #1. Choppy, choppy, choppy. The "unscripted" nature of the show doesn't match up with Sarah and assorted family members doing so many activities in a single (edited) hour. Skeet shooting, road trip to Homer with two days of halibut fishing/processing and a kayak side trip, plus a little clam digging at the end? Must be nice to ride around in a $400,000 RV and not have a day job.

Based on Rebel Crown's comments, I watched for political overtones in this episode, and I can't say I saw many of them.

11-24-10, 11:57 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-10 AT 11:59 PM (EST)

I'm glad to hear that the second episode may have sounded different than the first. I may give it another try. As a show about the beauty of Alaska, it succeeded.

However, until Sarah Palin makes herself available to the press like any other political figure, everything about her controlled by her in any way should be scrutinized completely for any "message" or "overtone". I heard them in the first show and was turned off.

KwietOne 1111 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-07-10, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
I sure the heck didn't even know who Sarah Palin was before viewing this show. After a couple of shows, I like it! Makes me want to visit Alaska.

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-10, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
I sure the heck didn't even know who Sarah Palin was before viewing this show.
Do you live outside the U.S.?

-A Tribetastic Creation

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-10, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
Do you think she'll tell us where the one Palin-free zone is, I may need to hide there when the next election starts heating up.

12-14-10, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
I'll split the cost of a hotel room with you, Snidge.

-A Tribetastic Creation

12-14-10, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-12-10, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
I just watched the episode where she's hunting caribou. You know, the one she takes a billion shots and the producers finally have to bring in a dead stunt double. She talks like she's been hunting her whole life yet she acts like that was her first time out.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-10, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
I've often wondered how much of the folksy I'm just a redneck like you thingy was an act.

HobbsofMI 16055 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-10, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
I saw the clip on one of the late night or comedy central shows...

They were telling her on how to pull the trigger and tell her to do this or that.

I've been in the woods once during deer bow season. If your partner is taking shot you shut up.

I've wondered too but this might put it over the edge for it's an act. I wonder how many people were needed to round it up and get it in range.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-10, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
So you're saying the people who refuse to question anything she says will be more prone to question her aim?

12-14-10, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
What an I speaking Chinese? LOL, me writing something that confusing? Never.

I think her redneck, I'm just like you, want to have a beer with me, etc. act is up but not to those who worship her (that will never happen).

12-14-10, 10:43 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
HA...Kate Gosselin.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-10, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
It is just impossible for Kate Gosselin to be likable anymore. Guess she was expecting to stay at the Waisela Four Seasons. The one time that I really enjoyed Sarah Palin was when she was rolling her eyes at Kate.

Kate claims to do everything for her kids, but they were having fun and eating the hot dogs. I wished that she would just go away.

12-17-10, 10:11 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
I caught part of that episode. Kate is a real grump.

Nicely done, though. Compliments to the producers. Between the two, the comparison was all in Sarah's favor. And Kates kids were cute.

12-17-10, 10:40 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
That's exactly what I thought: putting Kate on was a genius move to make everyone a momentary Palin fan.

-A Tribetastic Creation

12-20-10, 10:39 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
I'm surprised Kate's team allowed that unflattering of a portrayal of her. Being in unfamiliar surroundings tends to throw everyone off their stride a little bit, but Kate didn't react well. At all.

Sarah's dad summed it up best by saying, "Kate was b!tching from the moment she got off the plane."

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-10, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-10 AT 10:16 AM (EST)

I've seen most of them. My daughter lives outside Wasilla, and I've been there myself many times, winter and summer and early fall.

I am a native Arizonan, and I have to say, when I saw the epi with Kate Gosselin, I had to almost barf a bit! She was reacting so insane, I wanted to reach thru the tv and beyotch slap that woman!!

I have been there when it was dark for 18 hours, raining most of the time, snow every where, but by gosh, you suck it up for the sake of the kids who are having a blast! In my case, my grand kids, whom I see only once a year or so. No, it isn't Hawaii, or paradise in those conditions, but it's an adventure you'll only experience a few times in this lifetime, and for crying out loud (which she was!), you won't DIE!

Geez, I never even got close to frost bite. And I'm sure Ms. Gosselin, with her pampering staff, would never be allowed to go cold or hungry for long. What a crock of whatever....

At any rate, when my daughter first moved to AK (her husband was transferred there via Air Force), I thought I'd never enjoy going somewhere like that. But I highly recommend it to people now. It is truly an experience of a lifetime to see nature at its most incredible! And I think Sarah is doing a good job introducing that to the public.

Whether she comes back for another season, who knows. And not many Alaskans can just hop on a helicopter and ride out for a day of ice fishing or salmon fishing or mountain climbing. But you really don't have to there. There is so much to be seen and done right outside your door! It really is a beautiful, amazing place.

ETA: spelling mishaps

12-22-10, 08:00 AM (EST)
22. "Season 2"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-10 AT 08:01 AM (EST)

Rumor is that there will be a season 2 and Sarah is looking for Jennifer Aniston money ($1M an ep) because her first and Kate ep drew 4.3 M and 3.0 M viewers.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/21/sarah-palin-alaska-season-two/

kidflash212 4624 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Sarah Palin's Alaska"
Never saw it

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •