The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Great Food Truck Race"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-07-10, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Great Food Truck Race"
Food Network's second foray into TAR territory involves seven teams of food trucks on a cross country tour from Los Angeles/San Diego to New York City, with teams being eliminated in each episode by their sales totals per episode, it seems. The winning team/truck will win $50k. Also, each team will get stipends going into each city to purchase their stock: they will start the race with empty trucks before they get their first stipend.

Each episode has a Truck Stop Challenge which can alter teams' plans for each city that they're stopping in... and there can be ways to get immunity from elimination, if a secret judge deems their challenge dish the best...

The teams: http://tinyurl.com/27q7gf9

Their trucks: http://tinyurl.com/26c5wrm

Episode guide: http://tinyurl.com/26nv6lh

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Great Food Truck Race djandy 08-07-10 1
 So I guess Molaholic 08-17-10 2
   RE: So I guess jbug 08-17-10 3
   RE: So I guess kidflash212 07-10-16 13
 Anyone watch? weltek 08-17-10 4
   RE: Anyone watch? JessicaRN 08-17-10 5
       RE: Anyone watch? weltek 08-18-10 6
 RE: The Great Food Truck Race tjdmlhw 08-18-10 7
   RE: The Great Food Truck Race samboohoo 08-19-10 8
 RE: The Great Food Truck Race Puffy 08-29-10 9
 RE: The Great Food Truck Race Estee 08-30-10 10
 Finally tuned in weltek 08-31-10 11
   RE: Finally tuned in Estee 08-31-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-07-10, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Great Food Truck Race"
Looks interesting. Chefs vs. City has been good for a laugh, so I'll give it a try.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Molaholic 8991 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-10, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "So I guess"
the title "Roach Coach Relay" didn't cut the mustard...

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-10, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So I guess"
*snort*

I'm country & proud of it! Thanks Agman 2010

kidflash212 4614 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: So I guess"
good one

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-10, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Anyone watch?"
I almost watched, but was all Food Networked out, and peeved an Aarti Parti will be coming soon to my tv.

-A Tribetastic Creation

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-17-10, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anyone watch?"
I tried to watch it 3 different times and finally just deleted it. I might try again, but perhaps I also am Food Networked out, because I just didn't care about what was going on. It's not really about cooking, like Top Chef, and it certainly is not like the Amazing Race.

Plus, I've never eaten at a food truck. Not opposed to it, just never done it, so I can't really relate in that way either.

08-18-10, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anyone watch?"
Even given the fact that Tyler is my Food Network boyfriend, I couldn't make myself excited about it.

-A Tribetastic Creation

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-18-10, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Great Food Truck Race"
Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed it.

I don't know how to classify it, it definitely isn't like Amazing Race. I like the fact that you either produce or you are going home. No politics involved, you make a mistake and it could be your last. Nana Queens made the mistake of not filling their propane tank and that was enough to knock them out.

Even if this catches on and is a hit, I don't know how many seasons they could do. I don't think there are that many specialty food trucks out there.

I'll continue to watch and hope that others do to. I enjoy reading what everyone else is thinking.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-10, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Great Food Truck Race"
Agree. I liked it too. I thought it was all very interesting. I didn't love any one team, I didn't dislike any one team.

Nana Queens made a huge mistake.

I was actually surprised at the low amounts of money they all made. For some reason I expected much more.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-10, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Great Food Truck Race"
It was fun and I recommend it. I got into liking all the teams. They do require a few smarts here and there in order to last.

Courtesy of the Cap'n

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-10, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Great Food Truck Race"
And now the Nom-Noms head into a part of the country where part of the local population may decide the best thing to do with their truck is declare war on it. After all, if the truck is defeated, then the victory is truly America's!

That may do interesting things to their hubris level.

08-31-10, 04:48 PM (EST)
11. "Finally tuned in"
I think this falls on the "if nothing else is on/dvr for weekend mornings" level for me. It's fun to see the groups conceptualize their food and it's an interesting judging methodology. *shrug* Not bad.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-10, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finally tuned in"
So far, the most fun for me has been watching the flow of Spencer subtitles. I keep waiting for one of their chefs to declare that no, he's Barry White in August.

The competition element has been -- repetitive.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •