The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Undercover Boss"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-15-10, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Undercover Boss"
Hooters

Interesting for the son who has taken over as pres & CEO to see how his dad's passing is seen by the employees.
From the way I saw it, he never expected to go to work for the company, much less become CEO.

I thought he was going to think the manager (military & cop background) who wouldn't "hire" him was too abrupt. To me, he (the manager) was condescending and belittled the "new" employee trainee. But he liked the way he ran the place.

I only wish he had fired the one restaurant manager who was so disrespectful to the wait staff.
&? that he realizes that guy is probably not the only male manager who treats them like that.

Elvis in In The House - Capt'n 2010

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Undercover Boss mrc 02-16-10 1
 RE: Undercover Boss weltek 02-18-10 2
 RE: Undercover Boss Colonel Zoidberg 02-22-10 3
 RE: Undercover Boss vince3 02-22-10 4
 7-Eleven weltek 02-23-10 5
   RE: 7-Eleven jbug 02-24-10 6
       RE: 7-Eleven kidflash212 07-10-16 8
 RE: Undercover Boss riverrocker 02-26-10 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10094 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-10, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Undercover Boss"
It thought this episode was ridiculous. CEO finds out all the things wrong with his "brand" (the boobs/ass), yet his solution is to keep the brand as is?! Hooters must not be hurting too bad for him to stay the course.

I guess one can't revamp the business into something that doesn't objectify women's bodies; otherwise, you're just a poor man's Buffalo Wild Wings.

A PATCH of banana skin

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-10, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Undercover Boss"
The Waste Mgmt episode was great-this one, not so much. Just not a particularly inspiring set of "results."

-A Tribetastic Creation

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-22-10, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Undercover Boss"
As Chris Rock put it: "No one goes to Hooters for wings."

I do like that he cleaned up the one manager's act, but it's not like he changed the world; the whole thing was obviously made for TV. (So was the previous week's, in case one thinks I'm picking on Hooters.) Even if it's negative publicity for the show (and I don't buy the whole "degrading to women" argument - no one forces them to work there) it's still publicity.

That said? I'm sure there are better wing places in most any city.

Still recording the show. Still recording an hour past the show as well just in case CBS decides to be brain-for-brains and run over earlier in the day.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-10, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Undercover Boss"
I get the feeling that the "office" that they use for the big reveal is the same every week. I saw the Hooters episode, and from what I saw of the advertisements for the Waste Management episode, it looked like the same place.........

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-10, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "7-Eleven"
The 7-Eleven ep was much better, IMHO, than the Hooters ep. I felt like the "rewards" the boss gave to the employees he spend time with were well-thoughtout and really could make a difference.

Looks like next week's episode is White Castle. Confession: I've never eaten at a White Castle. They don't exist around here, and it's never been my first choice on vacation.

-A Tribetastic Creation

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 7-Eleven"
We have Krystal instead of White Castle;
but I buy frozen White Castles in the grocery for DH. He's a Yankee

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

kidflash212 4589 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 7-Eleven"
Frozen White Castle's are not the same. Completely different

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-26-10, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Undercover Boss"
Actually, an interesting show--what a surprise. Can think of several chains that need to have a CEO go "undercover" to find out what really happens in their stores!

Of the three so far, we liked the 7-11 episode the best. It was funny when he went to the store in South Lake that he normally frequents and had to "hide" from the franchisee.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •