The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TOP DESIGN"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-07-08, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TOP DESIGN"
Is there REALLY no TOP DESIGN thread already in action?

If so, please link the way.

If not, let the posting begin!

Thanks!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TOP DESIGN aquariaqueen 09-07-08 1
   RE: TOP DESIGN BOYmeetsREALITY 09-11-08 2
       RE: TOP DESIGN aquariaqueen 09-11-08 3
           RE: TOP DESIGN BOYmeetsREALITY 09-11-08 5
   RE: TOP DESIGN Agman2 04-06-16 20
 Episode 2, Sept 10 aquariaqueen 09-11-08 4
   RE: Episode 2, Sept 10 BOYmeetsREALITY 09-11-08 6
       RE: Episode 2, Sept 10 realityfreek 09-11-08 7
           RE: Episode 2, Sept 10 flystorms 09-12-08 8
               RE: Episode 2, Sept 10 JessicaRN 09-12-08 9
   Loved Ep 2! udg 09-12-08 10
       RE: Loved Ep 2! BOYmeetsREALITY 09-20-08 11
           Episode 3, Window dressing aquariaqueen 09-20-08 12
               RE: Episode 3, Window dressing realityfreek 09-20-08 13
                   RE: Episode 3, Window dressing ginger 09-23-08 16
           RE: Loved Ep 2! realityfreek 09-20-08 14
               RE: Loved Ep 2! flystorms 09-22-08 15
 RE: TOP DESIGN BOYmeetsREALITY 09-27-08 17
 Finale AyaK 11-06-08 18
   RE: Finale BOYmeetsREALITY 11-09-08 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-07-08, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TOP DESIGN"
I taped the first episode, and enjoyed it, but I didn't realize it was 1 hour and 15 minutes, so it cut off right at the judges comments....but it's Bravo, I'll get a chance to watch it again.

JSlice special!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-11-08, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TOP DESIGN"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-08 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

WOW!

Guess nobody else is watching but the two of us - and THAT can;t be good for a show! HAHA!

...or at least nobody is inspired enough to chat about it! HAHA!

I liked Todd hosting solo last year, but apparently America isn't allowed to have a reality show anymore unless there is some foreign woman so-hosting, so Todd is now the "mentor"! HAHA!

Guess we'll get to see more of him and his ideas as he helps out the contestants, but I still think adding another host was a strange way to try and breathe new life into the same old challenges!

Hopefully they have some good ones up their sleeve this year, or this will fade faster than most reality shows.

I'll post about the individual contestants when I can get home and watch it again - I forgot all of their names!

09-11-08, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TOP DESIGN"
If I have to hear Rick Schroeder's name again, I'm turning it off for good.

09-11-08, 10:39 AM (EST)
5. "RE: TOP DESIGN"
>If I have to hear Rick
>Schroeder's name again, I'm turning
>it off for good.

HAHAHA! I forgot about that!

I had a feeling She would come off looking pretty bad on this show.

She wants it to be a secret, but keeps a photo of hi on her nightstand! HAHA!

Agman2 2498 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-06-16, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: TOP DESIGN"
They cancelled it though years ago.

09-11-08, 10:39 AM (EST)
4. "Episode 2, Sept 10"
Hmmmm....they had to decorate fall out shelter/bunkers. Ho-hum. When all said and done, I would have been claustrophobic once those doors closed.

What were those things on the wall?

Where were the bathroom facilities?

50 years? Puleeeeze!

Both of them deserved to go. Jennifer and Robert?

JSlice special!!

09-11-08, 06:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 2, Sept 10"
I agree!

I just watched it when I got home from work (THANK YOU TIVO!).

They both deserved to go.

If there's one thing that can bring a team down, it's the inability to work together on the simplest of projects!
They definitely got what they deserved. If he was so hard to work with, Jennifer should have followed through and hung a curtain down the middle and m,ade her half of the room as fantastic as she could have. She could still be with us!

Wonder where they even found those shelters?

I haveno idea what those thing osn the wall were, but I imagine they were power and air outlets.

It dawned on me near the end that none of them left room for food or water or other supplies!

And while we're at it, where's Cat Deeley when you need her???

HAHA!

BY THE WAY: The cast on this show make the cast of Project Runway look absolutely BUTCH! HAHA!

realityfreek 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-11-08, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityfreek Click to send private message to realityfreek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 2, Sept 10"
So glad that stick in the mud Robert is gone. And I just didnt see Jennifer as a designer

And can you believe that Andrea...ya know the one whose husband is Rick Shroeder(sp?)....brought that stupid pic of hers into the bunker to "add" personal flavor! Yikes

I think we need to have a drinking game..anytime she mentions that her husband is Rick Shroeder(sp?) or we see that darn pic we have to drink...totally drunk by end of episode! LOL

LOVE Wisit and Kerry and bald guy. Dont remember anyone else.

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-12-08, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 2, Sept 10"
Oh man, I can't wait to catch up with my stuff on Tivo, including TD. Yay! I'll be back to yap with you all another time, for sure, so at least there will be a few of us sniping at the contestants.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-12-08, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 2, Sept 10"
The only designer who sticks out in my mind is Wisit. I have a feeling that he is really funny, even when he is not trying to be. Also, the young blond lady who was being understanding of why China would be mad about that whole "Hiroshima" issue. She made several of these kind of comments last week and I'm not sure if she is really that dumb or is putting this on. She is likable though.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-12-08, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Loved Ep 2!"
I thought the challenge was great. It was unique but not totally irrelevant. I was kind of surprised no one went with a Murphy Bed or a futon. I keep envisioning what I'd do (gimme a treadmill or something!), which is also fun.

Definitely loved this ep!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

09-20-08, 07:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Loved Ep 2!"
Any thoughts on the WINDOW DRESSING episode???

I was sad to see "BIG DADDY" go and WISIT saved.
The wrong half of that pair got the shaft!

That's the problem with these pairing up of people for challenges - none of them really gets to show their OWN stuff!

Oh well...I'll be back with more thoughts tomorrow...it was a VERY busy day for me....

G'night!

09-20-08, 09:10 PM (EST)
12. "Episode 3, Window dressing"
I was sad to see Big Daddy leave, but I also think Wisit has talent...this just wasn't his thing.

I agree, with teams, certain people aren't allowed to shine or sink.

And no reference to Ricky Schroeder this episode!!

JSlice special!!

09-20-08, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityfreek Click to send private message to realityfreek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 3, Window dressing"
Yea I was kinda sad we didnt get to hear ...well you know Rick Shroeder is my husband but I am trying to make a name for myself blah, blah, blah...

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-08, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 3, Window dressing"
Actually, I think she looks like Rick. She could be Rick's sister.

I wanted the useless chick to go, instead of the sweet chubby guy.

09-20-08, 10:17 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Loved Ep 2!"
I was totally sad to see Big Daddy go home.

Ditto on the team challenges-I hate them hear and on PR.

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-22-08, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Loved Ep 2!"
OMG, Wisit is just too meek and what the heck is his deal with roccoco? Wow! Just let it go! Poor little man. He should've gone last week, not Big Daddy.

09-27-08, 09:03 PM (EST)
17. "RE: TOP DESIGN"
EPISODE THREE: THE BACHELOR'S DEN

OK, I've had enough of this TEAM stuff. These designers have yet to really get a chance to shine ON THEIR OWN!

The single guy rooms tonight looked suspiciously similar with their lack of anything and bare white walls. Nice work producers casting 3 guys as bachelors who never would have lived in places like that with the list of preferences they all had!

The best part of the show was the flower arranging challenge, where at least they got to work on their own, and their true creative juices were on display!

Thank goodness after all the BS, the right "designer" was sent packing! I could not take another minute of Her whining and poor taste in colors and furnishings!

Biggest disappointment of the season so far is Todd's minimal presence. Such a great guy with an awesome eye and ability to mentor this group! Why less than 5 minutes on camera every week????

AyaK 10394 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-08, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-08 AT 00:31 AM (EST)

At the end it came down to Nathan, Ondine and Preston. Each had three days to pick out furniture, wall and window treatments (day 1) and then finish the house with the help of two carpenters, a seamstress and one of the last three booted contestants (selected by random draw: Nathan drew Natalie, Preston drew Eddie and Ondine got Andrea (who didn't mention her husband once)).

We'll omit the cattiness (especially from Eddie) and go to the results. Ondine gave her carpenters and seamstress a ton of work and then bitched about their slow pace when they barely got done. The group went on a swimming trip to cool off between days 2 and 3, and Preston deliberately isolated himself from the other five to "meditate." Meanwhile, Nathan had a big piece that he referred to as the "sarcophagus" that didn't quite work, but he decided to leave it instead of having it hauled out (especially since it took seven people to bring it in).

ANd the judges walked through. Kelly Wearstler showed up looking like a goof, certainly not like a competent judge of any artistic competition; she might be an expert on interior design, but she could use a fashion consultant. Ondine first: generally boring black and whites, with a few playful touches of color. Preston next, whom the judges had been building up all season as "Perfect Preston" -- but the house was ordinary, at least to my eye, because I can't see all the work that went into it. Finally Nathan, who had been hit-and-miss all season (and almost was the last boot, except that Jonathan Adler stuck up for him). Great house, with nice touches -- although everyone noticed the sarcophagus. Beautiful entry area, and it went from there.

So ... were the judges in the tank for Preston, after boosting him all year as the best, or would they reward the better finale house and give it to Nathan?

Nathan it was. Again, it seemed as if Jonathan was Nathan's biggest booster, while Margaret Russell seemed to prefer to be bored by Preston. But in the end, it was clear that Kelly also preferred Nathan's house, and India was her usual worthless self (clearly she didn't inherit much sense of interior design from her dad). Nathan was stunned. So was the viewing audience, which had overwhelmingly voted for Preston's house (in what I like to call the "Simon Cowell effect").

And so the show was almost redeemed for its bad segments, because the best house won.

11-09-08, 05:28 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Finale"
Actually, the house I would have loved to move into was Preston's. I've loved his work all season long, but that's just my own style.

Personal taste aside, it was obvious that Nathan would win this thing from quite an early stage. EVERYTHING He did all season had that modern artistic flair that the judges and people in the industry love, because it keeps design itself contemporary and relevant. Some of it was better than others, but Nathan did GREAT work throughout and deserved to win - especially wafter winning most every "pop-design" challenge this season!

I just would have rather lived in Preston's house.

Ondine was just a talented yawner.

I was surprised they kicked out Martha's boy Eddie, but He certainly didn't do anything to help boost HER image now, did He??? What a prick! Wonder who gets it from whom???

I agree with your assessment of the judges. How that Kelly can show up week after week and judge others is beyond me. There are certainly more entertaining (and tolerable) folks in the field they could hire.

My big post show lament is: POOR TODD! They give him barely a minute or two each show after hosting the thing last season. I'd like to see more of him if this makes it to the air again, as he truly seemed interested in helping the contestants learn and improve their skills - with his experience and knowledge.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •