The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Sober living"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

rehablover 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-07-08, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rehablover Click to send private message to rehablover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Sober living"
I hear the "house manager" is an actress named Jennifer Gimenez...The girl who was in "Blow" is now a manager of a sober living house,That is some irony!! This should be an interesting take on what it is like after rehab....
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Sober living rehablover 09-02-08 1
   RE: Celebrity Sober living rehablover 09-09-08 2
 RE: Celebrity Sober living eire_heart74 12-19-08 3
   RE: Celebrity Sober living Agman2 03-23-16 66
 RE: Celebrity Sober living MollyTV 12-20-08 4
   RE: Celebrity Sober living rehablover 12-23-08 5
       RE: Celebrity Sober living Ahtumbreez 12-24-08 6
       RE: Celebrity Sober living Snidget 12-24-08 7
           RE: Celebrity Sober living MollyTV 12-24-08 8
 Premiere. Estee 01-16-09 9
 RE: Celebrity Sober living bacon 01-16-09 10
   RE: Celebrity Sober living Estee 01-17-09 11
       RE: Celebrity Sober living MollyTV 01-21-09 12
 Episode #2 Estee 01-22-09 13
   RE: Episode #2 Snidget 01-22-09 14
       RE: Episode #2 Estee 01-22-09 15
   RE: Episode #2 thndrkttn 01-23-09 16
       RE: Episode #2 Snidget 01-23-09 17
           Best commentary on the episode. Estee 01-23-09 18
   RE: Episode #2 toddE 01-23-09 19
   RE: Episode #2 bacon 01-25-09 21
       RE: Episode #2 Estee 01-25-09 22
           RE: Episode #2 JessicaRN 01-25-09 23
               RE: Episode #2 Estee 01-25-09 24
               RE: Episode #2 mocha madness 01-26-09 25
       RE: Episode #2 rehablover 01-30-09 30
 RE: Celebrity Sober living eire_heart74 01-24-09 20
 RE: Celebrity Sober living eire_heart74 01-26-09 26
 Episode #3 Estee 01-29-09 27
   RE: Episode #3 nazpink 01-30-09 28
 RE: Celebrity Sober living bacon 01-30-09 29
 Episode #4 Snidget 02-05-09 31
   RE: Episode #4 MollyTV 02-07-09 32
       RE: Episode #4 Snidget 02-07-09 34
   RE: Episode #4 Estee 02-07-09 33
       RE: Episode #4 eire_heart74 02-09-09 35
           RE: Episode #4 nazpink 02-11-09 36
               RE: Episode #4 JessicaRN 02-11-09 37
                   RE: Episode #4 nazpink 02-12-09 38
                       RE: Episode #4 MollyTV 02-13-09 39
       RE: Episode #4 bacon 02-14-09 40
           RE: Episode #4 MollyTV 02-18-09 42
 Episode #5 Snidget 02-14-09 41
   RE: Episode #5 eire_heart74 02-18-09 43
 Episode #6. Estee 02-20-09 44
   RE: Episode #6. bacon 02-22-09 45
       RE: Episode #6. Snidget 02-22-09 46
           RE: Episode #6. mtopaz 02-23-09 47
               RE: Episode #6. eire_heart74 02-23-09 48
                   RE: Episode #6. mtopaz 02-24-09 49
                       RE: Episode #6. eire_heart74 02-25-09 50
                           RE: Episode #6. bacon 02-26-09 51
                               RE: Episode #6. mtopaz 02-26-09 52
 Episode #7 bacon 02-28-09 53
   RE: Episode #7 eire_heart74 03-03-09 54
       RE: Episode #7 JessicaRN 03-03-09 55
           RE: Episode #7 bacon 03-05-09 56
               RE: Episode #7 MollyTV 03-06-09 57
                   RE: Episode #7 eire_heart74 03-06-09 58
 Final Episode mrc 03-17-09 59
   Mary on TMZ.com Snidget 03-17-09 60
       RE: Mary on TMZ.com MollyTV 03-17-09 61
           RE: Mary on TMZ.com eire_heart74 03-19-09 62
               RE: Mary on TMZ.com nazpink 03-26-09 63
                   RE: Mary on TMZ.com lorimar3 04-01-09 64
                       RE: Mary on TMZ.com Estee 04-02-09 65

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-02-08, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rehablover Click to send private message to rehablover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
Does any one have any more information on this?????
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-09-08, 05:46 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
Is anyone even reading this????

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-19-08, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
Bump!!

Now it looks like this show will be on in Jan. I can't wait to see the next phase of the process.

Rodney, Mary Cary, Seth, Amber, Nikki and Steven Adler seem to be featured. Some of them coming in with drugs or going out to get thrashed. Looks like it will be drama filled.

Agman2 2436 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-23-16, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
Don't bump this thread!

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-20-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
wow....andy ##### is going to be on this..i have to watch!

i am sorry...i feel for all these people....i watch as they go through each heartbreaking minute on tv...they graduate..its all sunshine and puppies...and then i see the previews and read the internet stories and they are all trashed in sober living...

i need to go to sober living to stop watching these people mess up their lives...as usual the problem is...they have no consequences...someone picks them back up.....someone cares for them...

it just makes me mad...
i want to scream at them....get a grip or get out!
mollytv
must be the holiday blues worming its way into my comments..lol

12-23-08, 03:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
I hope they are not ALL trashed,,, any sober living house has its successes and failures. I will tune in to watch the successes way more than the failures. It can be really difficult staying sober when loved ones and people who dont even know us scream "GET A GRIP" and don't understand what it is like to live with this disease. It can be a daily struggle staying sober if you have 30 days or 30 years. This is a disease that wants to kill me!

and then i see
>the previews and read the
>internet stories and they are
>all trashed in sober living...
...as
>usual the problem is...they have
>no consequences...someone picks them back
>up.....someone cares for them...
>
>it just makes me mad...
>i want to scream at them....get
>a grip or get out!
>
>mollytv
>must be the holiday blues worming
>its way into my comments..lol
>

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-24-08, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
I hope you don't take it personally when the show starts, because you are on a bashers forum and hopefully you'll remember that we're bashing personas and not you or really them.

Because when you get down to it these people aren't just addicts, they are DAWs also.

Christmas at Agbeach 2008

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-08, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
I lost a brother to addiction. I know that a lot of people never hit rock bottom no matter how bad it gets and they can't turn it around. A lot do and I do hope that the celebs eventually do get it turned around.

However I know that they are Attention Whores enough to be willing to be on TV during a very bad time in their lives. I think sometimes they do know what will give them camera time and unfortunately that isn't always what is best for them on the road back to sobriety.

I do hope these shows help people see that it is an ongoing struggle and not something that should get fixed with a few days in rehab. Unfortunately having a few relapses is usually part of the process. It is what you do when you relapse that makes all the difference.

So while I do want to see them all get better, I know they are willing to be train wrecks just to get the screen time and so I expect they will give us plenty of bashable moments because that is what keeps them off the cutting room floor.

12-24-08, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
i have to agree with ahtum....i am bashing the celebrities.

i love watching...don't get me wrong...i want them to make it. i have relatives, i have friends, we all have addictions...but i am talking about a tv show that they have a choice to be on and i have a choice to watch.

i watch it and it pisses me off (my opinion) seeing them throw away their lives when most of them have beautiful families. ie...shifty, rodney, who live with heartache each day.

i will be perched on the couch front and center when sober living is on...and i will think all the same things...gee when does dr. drew have time to get muscley arms? and gee andy d. you are so funny even sober( i saw you on the view) GET IT TOGETHER!

and in the spirit of christmas i do wish all the best but i live in the real world( who said that?) and its crazy.
mollytv

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-09, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Premiere."
At this point, I think we can start measuring Steven's lifespan in seconds -- for both his time remaining on the show and his time remaining, period. He's gone. Showing up at a sober house high and carrying extra heroin was just the period on a very long sentence. Rest in peace, in advance.

I have the most hope for Amber and Rodney -- but he's been in this sort of place before and relapsed, while her habit has the single highest rate of fallback.

Mary seemed stable enough coming in -- at least she didn't show up drunk, unlike Steven coming in elevated with one engine out -- but the season previews have her on the slow train to crashville. *sigh* Thank you for taking away all chances as early as possible, editors. Now no one has to bother with finger crossing.

Shifty -- I think he's already looking for excuses. He just might treat the strike system as 'I can get loaded twice and still be here.' As noted, he'll be pushing the rules as far as possible. I just think they'll break before they bend.

Nikki could go either way: you can almost see her balancing on the line between going forward and falling back. With her, it may all depend on whether she gets enough emotional support to carry through any upcoming crisis -- and I don't know if this is the crew to give it to her.

One thing's for certain: no morale-boosting visits from Simon.

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-16-09, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
Steven provided all the fireworks for episode one. Showing up with several heroin needles will tend to do that. I never like to think that people are beyond help, but Steven is certainly as close to beyond help as is possible. That dude looks like a walking corpse.

The most annoying housemate is by far Shifty. The way he acts around the two attractive female housemates(Mary and Amber) is embarrasing. Quagmire from "family guy" has more restraint than this clown. The girl running the house will have her arm sore from all the checkmarks she makes by his name.

Rodney seems to be the one person I have some faith in to make it. He seems to be the most serious minded coming into this thing.

Amber? I think she really wants to stay sober, but her inability to not freak out about everything is going to be her downfall. Remember, this is the same girl that nearly hyperventalated on "rehab 2" when she had to serve homeless people meals.

01-17-09, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
That dude looks like a walking corpse.

I just checked his age: he'll turn 44 on Thursday. (Don't place any bets on his reaching 45.)

This was in his Wikipedia entry:

'In the summer of 2008, he entered the Pasadena Recovery Center to participate in the second season of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. He will also been seen in Sober House, a Celebrity Rehab spin-off focusing on a sober living environment. However, on July 18, 2008, he was arrested in Los Angeles after police were called to respond to an early-morning disturbance in Canyon Drive, under suspicion of narcotics possession, being under the influence and an undisclosed outstanding warrant.'

So if this coincides with the time of filming and the previews are accurate, then Steven could be about to leave the show -- which would explain why Andy Dick might get hauled in as a replacement.

01-21-09, 05:53 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
so i finally sat down and watched it last night....its an utter shame.

seth is just as mischievious as ever...you can see him planning his relapse. and steven just needs any excuse..i mean ANY...
its always the band did something to him...we get it....do something for yourself...

amber looks scared...like she is ready for the proverbial other shoe to drop...but she and rodney look like the best hope.

the others including mary just look like they are happy to be around each other and are the bad kids in school.

i feel sorry for the house mom...and you can tell dr. drew wants to strangle her and say....listen YOU are in charge...don't call me again...thats how it is where i work too....lol....it can always wait til morning..

which makes me wonder how does dr. drew find time to work those big sexee moosles? he always seems to be driving to save someone. and his wife must be in counseling cause he's never home...except i guess he brings the big bucks home....

oh well...just had to comment...i can't WAIT for andy d.
mollytv

01-22-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
13. "Episode #2"
Very possibly the single ugliest hour of television in the history of the reality genre.

01-22-09, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode #2"
That doesn't sound good.

01-22-09, 01:14 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode #2"
It looks worse than it sounds.

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-23-09, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode #2"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-09 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

Estee, I felt the same way. We're coming very close to this show becoming like the first half of an Intervention episode. And I doubt there will be any happy ending with the kitchy music.

I used to like Steven. *sigh*

Did anyone notice that Mary Cary's boyfriend was one of the dudes from Jo and Slade's show "Date My Ex?" (Jo and Slade of the first Housewives of Orange County fame.)

01-23-09, 08:23 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode #2"
I didn't watch those, so I don't know, but they were saying on the Morning show "Tiny" the big black dude has been in some movies and stuff.

I watched this last night. Really takes the glamor out of drug use watching Steven. I still kinda like sober Steven, but high Steven really needs to get some help. I think he is beyond a couple of weeks in rehab and needs one of those year long stints to get him sober enough long enough he has a chance.

I can't believe Dr. Drew thought he was being sincere when they talked. I though he was either knowingly lying or way deep in denial. He can be charming when he isn't so high he can't find his butt with both hands.

I'm not sure he can dig himself back out. I wonder how much the stroke (he is one that had a stroke from drugs, right) interferes with his sobriety. I mean if there is some damage to his impulse control brain regions that may make it even harder than usual to stay off the drugs. He may be one of those that really needs a keeper (so he has no money on him at any time and is not allowed to go anywhere unsupervised) if they can get him all the way clean.

01-23-09, 11:30 AM (EST)
18. "Best commentary on the episode."
"I just found out every woman I know is on heroin. They all take three hours to get dressed."

Great comment, but a really horrible set of last words.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-23-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode #2"
Estee, I have never watched this before. I know it is not my kind of thing, I hate Intervention, Jail and all that sort of "reality." Give me Brandi C and Megan causing trouble with Pumkin and Toastee any day. Rock of Love Bus? I'm there...but this is depressing.

Good job hiding those drugs, Steven. And I admit I tuned in to see Nikki, and also cause there was just NOTHING else to watch. Nikki looks so awful.

I admit I had to finish the episode to see what happened to Steven, but this isn't going on my DVR list.

01-25-09, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode #2"
It does make me wonder if Steven had more drugs hidden on him that they originally didn't find, or if one of those guests from the BBQ brought some in for him. He went from being somewhat normal early on during the cookout to being a straight up lunatic.

Which does make me wonder why the hell the house manager would ever allow that many people to show up there without getting searched for drugs.

Also, I can't remember Steven's wife's name, but I do wonder why in the world this woman would ever get involved with him in the first place. Money may be the obvious answer, but beyond that the guy is a complete wreck. She almost seemed half amused when he was stumbling around and yelling at the cameramen.

01-25-09, 01:54 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Episode #2"
Which does make me wonder why the hell the house manager would ever allow that many people to show up there without getting searched for drugs.

I don't think Jennifer has the self-confidence necessary to tell Tiny he has to place his hands against the wall and spread his limbs. Or the security personnel.

She's not secure in her position, and the lack of experience shows in nearly every move. I know the producers wanted another celebrity to help cement the theme, but so far, she's been the wrong house manager for this group.

Also, I can't remember Steven's wife's name, but I do wonder why in the world this woman would ever get involved with him in the first place.

See every last bloody episode of Tool Academy for details.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-09, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode #2"
I remember during Celebrity Rehab thinking that Steven's wife seemed absurdly normal, so why would she be with him. I can't even believe that he has any money. He was living in his brother's small house. It was interesting that when Jennifer called, no one really wanted to come and get him.

And does Mary Carey have to dress like she does.

I feel most sorry for Niki. She seems very fragile and she actually seems like she wants to be sober. I saw a picture of her from her American Idol days and she almost does not look like the same person.

Seth is pretty charming and likable, in that way that a 12 year old boy can be.

01-25-09, 05:44 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode #2"
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-09 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

And does Mary Carey have to dress like she does.

She wore a bikini top to a poolside barbecue: neither action is exactly uncommon for California. Beyond that, Amber's been dressing more revealing than Mary has.

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-26-09, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode #2"
I disagree with labeling Shifty being "likeable". He is the most dangerous person in this house. This guy has a small child and an apparently supportive wife, but he is such a manipulative loser that he would throw it away by continuing to use drugs.

This is the kind of guy who has charmed his way through life, always getting by, but never measuring up. He leers and hits on any woman who is nearby, and has yet to show even a small measure of responsibility. He, even more than Steven, will bring this group to a crashing disaster.

Now Steven, is so brain damaged, that he is unable to function. Therapy will not help him. He needs a psych ward, and medications. His wife seems waaaaay too normal, and no I don't think he has any money left, so I don't get it either.

01-30-09, 07:29 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Episode #2"
I Don't think Carolina (stevens wife) was amused I think she was thinking"""" Now you get to see what I have been putting up with"""

01-24-09, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
If this guy lives to see 45 it will be a miracle.

01-26-09, 04:29 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
Part of me thought that maybe Steven's wife married him for the green card.

01-29-09, 06:16 PM (EST)
27. "Episode #3"
In which we all continue to learn about Mary's really dubious taste in boyfriends.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-09, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode #3"
This show makes me feel so on the fence. On one hand I do think there are those involved who actually care about these individuals and the other part of me feels that they are being exploited for entertainment purposes. However, I tuned in tonight.

When the topic of being critical and gossipy was brought up I kind of thought how "interesting". It's "interesting" because it seems to me (at least) that the "caretakers/overseers" border on being gossipy. In my opinion, it is neither professional nor beneficial to the "patients" when the ones in charge divulge information about one "patient" to another or express their opinions on one "patient" to another. I feel that if a "patient" wants to discuss a matter about their peer to the one in charge then that's fine, but the one in charge should simply listen or give sound and professional advice that says "I'm not your friend sitting around and gossiping but rather your mentor who is trying to help". However, this is just my opinion.

I also thought it ridiculous that all but one went clubbing. I understand the concept of these individuals having personal freedom and learning how to use it properly but right now I don't think they are capable of doing just that. I think these freedoms should have to be earned and not given.

The bbq was also another bad idea. It was too many people and too uncontrolled. Clearly, some questionable characters showed up and clearly that was what was going to occur.

01-30-09, 12:35 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Celebrity Sober living"
Episode three was interesting. It's bizarre to me that these people aren't smart enough to stay away from a club. Nikki talked like it was a neccessity to be there. I remember her telling the big guy with the blue tooth(i can't remember his name) that staying away from a club is silly because drinks are served even at restaurants. "Should I stay away from restaurants?". Sheesh, that's about as dumb of an arguement anyone could ever come up with.

Staying away from clubs is not that hard. The few times a year I go to one I basically have to be dragged there because I find them so lame.

Once again, Rodney is coming off as the most serious-minded house member. Not just because he chose not to go to a club, but also because he's getting the least amount of camera time. The less camera time you get the better your behavior generally is.

02-05-09, 08:03 PM (EST)
31. "Episode #4"
Andy ##### arrives.
Amber goes to a party.

02-07-09, 05:43 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Episode #4"
gosh...i could so see myself falling for andy just as jennifer is. and at least amber sees why she would...he is so incredibly open and needy. but he is only interested in the "beautiful" people...

his brain hasn't learned that just because you aren't "pretty" doesn't mean you are boring....thats what i get from him after watching him talk to amber and then jen. i think he needs someone to love him for what he is ... not who he is...(my dr. drew opinion)...

i hate the way they all gather around like squealing chickens waiting for the "big fall" by their cell phones...
and its obvious watching amber that she isn't ready to be out there. what a jerk that guy was huh? he knew what he was doing.
waiting to come in for the kill.

that house is so full of drama that its no wonder these people relapse. i don't get it...maybe a sober house needs to be a house of regular people who are not addicts and then ONE rehab person so they can see how the other half lives? and then make a decision....

how can it be normal sitting in a house full of edge of your seat people just waiting for their chance to get high?
come to my house and hang out... get a job...watch it on tv...
be real...you won't have time to go clubbing...i guarantee it.
mollytv

02-07-09, 06:43 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Episode #4"
Well I think usually in sober living (and the mentioned this) that you usually have a mix of people from the newly sober to the almost ready to be on their own.

I do think that a lot of time addicts need other addicts as they know all the tricks and the lies and just being around normal people isn't always enough to keep you on your toes.

Anywho, I think with a better mix of sobriety times I think you'd see more interactions along the lines of "not a good idea" rather than "let's see what they get away with".

One would think as they spend more time on a job (they all have to get jobs) and that sort of thing they will start helping themselves and each other in the less structured environment.

I dunno if they have sponsors or just rely on each other, but even with that it takes time to develop the habit of calling for help BEFORE you fall off the wagon rather than only after it is way too late.

I do think it is easy to underestimate how strong the pull of an addictive substance is and how hard it is to be normal for some people. I think you add that they know that the producers want some drama and they will get more TV time for screwing up than they will for being a good boy or girl and that only adds to the pressure to go out and get in trouble.

I do agree the guy that wants to date Amber was more interested in getting her in a vulnerable state for his own benefit than he was in her well being.

02-07-09, 06:43 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Episode #4"
Just caught up. (I went out Thursday night and missed the normal showtime.)

I expected to hate Andy, because I've always hated Andy. I'm the one who once wrote that the best thing about being trapped in the Surreal Life house was that you were guaranteed a world without Andy Dick in it: that's not exactly a sign of personal affection. But now a little bit of the public persona has been allowed to fall away, and what's left is someone I could stand speaking to for as many as thirty seconds in a row.

Of course, that could be an act. Or a play. He's certainly good at playing, isn't he? He's got Jennifer eating out of his palm...

What can drive you crazy about Amber is her raw intelligence. 'Here is the exact reason I use. This is a comprehensive analysis of why I might fail at this and the pitfalls that await me if I do it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go give in to all of it.' She has herself figured out beyond what any shrink could dare to dream of -- she just can't do anything about it. We have to wait for next week to find out just how badly she fell down at that party -- but we all knew she'd fall down. And so did she. Amber just won't remember any of it. Or be able to act on it.

*sigh*

It's a very depressing show. But we knew it would be -- and we watched anyway. We're not exactly all that far past Amber.

At least Rodney looks sort of cute when he's sleeping.

02-09-09, 08:40 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Episode #4"
I think we have to remember that this is 1) a tv show and 2) a tv show on Vh1. They are setting this up to be as drama filled as possible.

It's sad because I am sure there are real sober houses out there where the residents stumble, support and succeed. We won't be seeing that.

The house manager is a joke to me. To busy smiling and trying to be in the shot at all times. And is it just me but she dresses very inappropriately. Her skirts are so short she can barely sit or bend over in them.

02-11-09, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode #4"
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

That dress was extremely inappropriate! I could see Dr. Drew and the other guy looking at the shortness. I wouldn't be surprised if they said something to her about it or wanted to at least. In my opinion, she should be wearing modest clothing, especially if she's enforcing the no sex rule!

Also, the house manager seems to talk about other patients with other patients! Again, this is also unprofessional. She needs to get off their level and realize that she's there to help them, not be them. Also, it seems to me that she's not all that into her sobriety herself...to me she could serve as another patient or support person, but not the manager.

I understand the whole concept of sober living, but in my opinion I think one of the rules should be no clubs or bars and no night time guest. To me, if they want to go to clubs or parties then they can leave, it's not worth jeopardizing others sobriety.

02-11-09, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Episode #4"
In theory, I understand the concept of sober living, but I agree that there should be more rules, especially at the beginning. The first day and they had that barbecue, the third day they all had to go to a club. It seems that the longer you live there, the more freedoms you should earn. Even though it is not jail, what is the point of living there except for free rent paid for by VH1 and a house full of fellow dysfunctional people.

Why does Mary Carey's boyfriend have to be there so much? You don't see anyone else just hanging out like that.

And Amber appears to be so full of insights about herself, but there is a disconnect between what she thinks and says and how she acts. It made me laugh when she said that she tried to stay away from alcohol for 2 hours.

Most of them seem stuck in their teenage years, except Rodney. And I still have hope for Nikki.

02-12-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Episode #4"
I mentioned in a previous post that the BBQ was an extremely bad idea. I didn't think there should be that many personal guests. If anything there should have been more staff than the patients personal guest to ensure that it would be better supervised and safe.

If anything this show and house could be more harmful than good for a majority of these patients. Like someone else mentioned the worse they are the more air time they get. These celebrities are pretty washed up and know that if they want to see themselves on tv then they better be more entertaining.

The only one I see making it is Rodney. Rodney really isn't a celebrity and could probably careless about putting his face out there so he's probably taking the experience for what it's meant to be. Good for him, I hope he really does make it.

I hope all of them make it but that wouldn't be realistic.

I also think that Seth should not be part of this group at all. If anything he should be in rehab for more than thirty days then into sober living with veterans who would be a good influence and not tolerate or feed into his attention getting behaviors. This arrangement is detrimental to himself and the others.

02-13-09, 07:01 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Episode #4"
ok...i just watched the latest.
someone mentioned how the house manager is acting more like one of the "kids"... and tonight that came out...the scene where she says..."aaaannndddyyy"...hurry before the others get here...and then she had the phone calls and all the drama with everyone around...i know this is a tv show but COME ON.

i am so annoyed with everyone....andy interrupted rodney before he could describe WHY he should change for his children....if he could let someone else have the floor he might learn something.
rodney is going to be the only one who recovers.

mary better get rid of her agent/boyfriend but she can't stay out of the celebrity life and she loves having someone "important" to hang on to. she would so do well if she went into ballet teaching...

oh and i said this before....andy is only interested in beauty...
see how he acted with amber...sickening....if amber looked like nikki he wouldn't give her the time of day. eh!

i could go on and on....and seth...geez...was someone else stealing all your thunder on the show? thats what it seems like.
mollytv

02-14-09, 00:22 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Episode #4"
I actually like Andy. I always have. I first remember seeing him on "The Ben Stiller Show". He proved he had talent on that show, but unfortunately he has become a victim to the "reality bug". Once you set foot on any reality show you've automatically qualified yourself for the bargain bin for the rest of your life.

02-18-09, 11:24 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Episode #4"
i really love andy too. i mean i could really hang with him. of course if he wasn't addicted. he has the best sense of humor and observation. that is what i enjoy about him. i liked him on the ben stiller show too. i wonder why he isn't in ben's movies?hmm

well i can't wait for this weeks episode...seth seth and more seth drama.

02-14-09, 07:38 AM (EST)
41. "Episode #5"
Amber's hangover
Andy ##### appears to be really in it to get sober and is way saner than most of the cast. *boggle*

Andy's decided he's in lockdown on his own and isn't about to go out with the rest of the idjits.

Most of the cast go clubbing, Mary's boyfriend/manager is mean and gives Seth the reason he needs to go on a bender and sounds like from the previews his heart stops.

Mary really needs to get rid of the toxic boyfriend. I really don't get he has her best interests at heart, or really cares about anyone other than himself.

02-18-09, 03:40 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Episode #5"

>
>Mary really needs to get rid
>of the toxic boyfriend.
>I really don't get he
>has her best interests at
>heart, or really cares about
>anyone other than himself.

Well he's also her "manager" so he makes money off of her. I would imagine keeping her messed up is his way of making sure he's lining his pockets. Something tells me her becoming a ballet teacher won't go over well with him.

02-20-09, 11:27 AM (EST)
44. "Episode #6."
Y'know, if it wasn't for the obsessive airing of next-segment previews, that could have been the most dramatic hour in the genre's history.

02-22-09, 04:19 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Episode #6."
Seth is a complete drama queen. Granted, saying that someone in the sober house is a drama queen is probably a very obvious statement, but Seth pushes it to another level.

Leaving clues to your whereabouts, via an online video? Running away and using drugs because a guy called you "washed up"? Telling the house manager to pick you up from the hospital only to run like hell the minute she gets there? I realize the drugs are probably responsible for a some of this, but Seth takes it to a ridiculous level of drama that couldn't be matched by Kate Winslet in an oscar nominated performance.

02-22-09, 04:24 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Episode #6."
I think if you tried to sell the truth as fiction (book or movie) no one would buy it because it is so far beyond the normal level of drama one would expect.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-23-09, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Episode #6."
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-09 AT 00:11 AM (EST)

When Andy D I C K is the voice of reason, you know you're in trouble. Seth, WTF? Mary, double WTF?

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

02-23-09, 09:24 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Episode #6."
>LAST EDITED ON 02-23-09
>AT 00:11 AM (EST)

>
>When Andy D I C K
>is the voice of reason,
>you know you're in trouble.
> Seth, WTF? Mary,
>double WTF?
>
>
>Designed by Agman, siggy maker
>to the gemstones

Word!

The house manager only adds to the level of high school drama this show displays. Dragging your newly sober residents into some drugged out porn star's house while looking for another out on a binge? Are you kidding me?

Her announcement of "He's had a cardiac arrest and at this point we don't know if he's alive or dead" to them? Like there is a much more sedate way to say that. Like "he's had a heart attack and I don't know any more information than that" No go for the big drama moment.

02-24-09, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Episode #6."
On the one hand, I feel sorry for any "house mother" that has to babysit these guys. On the other, how did she get picked? I agree with you - she seems to add to the drama and gets just as caught up in it, instead of diffusing it.

02-25-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Episode #6."
>On the one hand, I feel
>sorry for any "house mother"
>that has to babysit these
>guys. On the other,
>how did she get picked?
> I agree with you
>- she seems to add
>to the drama and gets
>just as caught up in
>it, instead of diffusing it.

I think if this was a real house and not one on tv, it would be vastly different. Steven Adler coming in high, getting high the next day... would of been GONE! There would be no running around to some house where some guy went on a bender. Mary's boyfriend wouldn't be allowed in the house. There wouldn't of been a huge party 24 hours into the setting. I could go on and on.

02-26-09, 10:45 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Episode #6."
I think if this was a real house and not one on tv, it would be vastly different. Steven Adler coming in high, getting high the next day... would of been GONE! There would be no running around to some house where some guy went on a bender. Mary's boyfriend wouldn't be allowed in the house. There wouldn't of been a huge party 24 hours into the setting. I could go on and on.

I agree. In fact, it seems as if the Celebrity Rehab Show was designed to actually show you what these stars go through when they enter a rehab facility. Sober House is just the opposite. There seems to be no reality to it. Things seem to occur just to dramatize, and take advantage of, each person's situation. The way they allowed Steven Adler to rampage through the house for two days was ridiculous.

02-26-09, 02:36 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Episode #6."
Yes, you are both right. Went through this with a friend who was in a sober living house after a stint in rehab. There were very clearly defined rules, and I think curfew was 10:00 p.m. If anyone was disruptive, or brought in contraband (booze, drugs), that could be grounds for being kicked out. I remember visiting her there, but I think she had to clear it first with the person in charge, and it wasn't like I could just drop by anytime.

02-28-09, 00:26 AM (EST)
53. "Episode #7"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-09 AT 00:27 AM (EST)

A lot of this episode focused on Seth's return to the house, Nikki having two tragedies occur with friends/relatives, and Mary being concerned about relapsing when she goes to host a swinger's convention.

And the preview for next week's episode shows Steven Adler having to take a urine test. Ut oh Spaghetti-O's!

03-03-09, 07:30 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Episode #7"

>And the preview for next week's
>episode shows Steven Adler having
>to take a urine test.
>Ut oh Spaghetti-O's!

And he's been laying low under the radar for a few episodes now. I'm guessing he can only pull off sober for so long. So sad.

03-03-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Episode #7"
Except for Rodney, (and in a weird way Andy), this show is not about any one them remaining sober. It is about remaining on TV and they don't get TV time if they stayed home and worked on their sobriety. They all should have been split up and put into separate houses, but then VH1 would not have a show.

03-05-09, 11:08 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Episode #7"
Yeah, and it doesn't help that these starlets have the worst sober house manager in the history of sober house managers. I say that confidently and I've never even met another sober house manager.

03-06-09, 01:07 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Episode #7"
well jennifer did it again. i saw the previews where she herself is breaking her own rules...there was seth lying on someones bed with his head in her lap and here comes mary carey and she joins them. i thought males/females in any rooms. ARRGGHH!

and she was holding up steven's pee so everyone could look at it?
does dr. drew know whats going on at his sober house??? can i tell him?

proud nikki made it through all the drama...proud mary kicked off david... but he'll be back...proud rodney wants to run a sober house...

mollytv

03-06-09, 08:54 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Episode #7"
.proud
>rodney wants to run a
>sober house...

I actually felt really really bad for him when he went back to his house and for the first time realized how bad he was living. YOu could just see how completely overwhelmed by the conditions. Yeah, he may have a great idea about continuing sober living by creating a sober house but he really needs some support. And he won't get it from the 15 minutes of fame crew. I hope he has a good sponsor and goes to meetings with real people.

mrc 10093 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-09, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Final Episode"
I have hope for Rodney, Andy, and maybe Amber and Nikki. The rest are doomed to relapse until they die.

BTW, that George Clinton is a freak!

A Slice of Manga

03-17-09, 10:05 AM (EST)
60. "Mary on TMZ.com"
http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/17/mary-carey-dr-drew-sober-house/

Well there's one already drunk in public.

I do think Rodney and Andy are the ones that seem to be most serious about sobriety right now. I wouldn't have thought I'd think that about Andy, but he really seems to be at the "had enough and really ready to quit this time" stage.

I think Amber and Nikki are also at least doing this because they want to be sober. I think with them their Mom has been a clear indication of what will happen if they don't get cleaned up. I think they are both a bit more vulnerable to relapse, but also seem to be the ones that will reach out for help rather than see how high they can get before someone tries to stop them.

Mary, I think, needs some serious therapy before she'll really be ready for sobriety. She just isn't ready to be a real person, yet, IMO.

Seth and Steven don't seem to be ready to be sober. I dunno of either of them have a bottom to hit. Mary might, Amber and Nikki at least seem to have one. Rodney and Andy seem to have hit bottom hard enough to be done with the addicted life.

03-17-09, 12:31 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Mary on TMZ.com"
it was a great finale as far as rodney was concerned. i feel he will make it. and you could see the relief on his face as he saw his house. i think he can do it.

amber looked sooo upset over her mom and her mom looked like she would have much to say if dr. drew wasn't sitting there. i think amber is right. her mom will play the pity card and amber will be back in her arms.

poor mary...she loves the drama more than she loves being sober. and she is such a strong girl i can see how strong she is. but she needs action at all times.

nikki i hope makes it but who knows..she is sooo young.

i get so annoyed at seth and his "little boy impish ways"... he needs will to follow him around just to make sure he doesn't do anything? all he needs to do is look at andy dicks kid and think of his own child...why waste his childs life. STOP NOW> aaarrrch

i feel andy's pain..i can tell he is sick of it...but he can't even trust himself...and what a darling son he has...at least he did something right...or is it the kids mom?

steven is still having brain issues i think....i think its a medical reason for his loss of control ....too bad.

mollytv.

03-19-09, 06:59 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Mary on TMZ.com"
This show came in with a bang and out with a whimper. What a boring season finale.

Happy about Rodney and his house. Maybe that's going to be the lucky break he deserves. Good for him.

Amber's mom did not look happy about their break up. WHich is a good way to put it. I hope Amber finally surrounds herself with good people who can support her and help her when her mom plays the poor little old me card.

Andy, well I thought I was going to hate him on this show but I actually grew to like him a tad. Maybe he's finally ready to change, I sure hope so.

Steven i think is a lost cause. So is Seth.

03-26-09, 09:47 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Mary on TMZ.com"
I feel bad for Steven. He seems like a real nice guy when he's not using. Steven clearly has some issues that go beyond drug use that are more than likely affecting his chances of sobriety.

Seth on the other hand. Well, he seems to have loved the attention he got every time he screwed up. Maybe if everyone just said you know what we aren't going to play into his games then he may not have been so likely to act out.

I hope Rodney really does well. He seemed to be very serious about the whole process and truly want to do good. He was also very logical on knowing what it took to gain that sobriety. Like giving up the nightlife.

Also, I thought it was very inappropriate for the house manager to do the drug test in front of other roomies. Letting the roomies know what's going on so as to protect them and also as a way to hopeful get the added support for Steven is one thing but to do the test like that just seemed inappropriate.

lorimar3 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-09, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lorimar3 Click to send private message to lorimar3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Mary on TMZ.com"
Not sure if anyone posted anything on Mary's boyfriend David on the show. He was one of they guys on Date my Ex Jo and Slade. She actually kept the creep around for awhile. All he wants is his 15 minutes of fame. Wow going from Jo to Mary. hum...

04-02-09, 06:35 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Mary on TMZ.com"
That's interesting -- he's even more of a DAW than we'd originally thought. Maybe his next stop should be Tool Academy II.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •