The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"the Moment of Truth"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-16-07, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"the Moment of Truth"
I've seen previews for this show. I'll watch it. One of the questions is, "Do you really care about starving children in Africa?"
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: the Moment of Truth Snidget 01-23-08 1
 RE: the Moment of Truth Estee 01-23-08 2
   RE: the Moment of Truth Snidget 01-23-08 3
 RE: the Moment of Truth Molaholic 01-24-08 4
   RE: the Moment of Truth Agman2 03-09-16 31
 RE: the Moment of Truth Ahtumbreez 01-24-08 5
   RE: the Moment of Truth skyhoneybear 01-24-08 6
 RE: the Moment of Truth Estee 01-24-08 7
 RE: the Moment of Truth jbug 01-24-08 8
 RE: the Moment of Truth Estee 01-24-08 9
 RE: the Moment of Truth Ahtumbreez 01-24-08 10
   RE: the Moment of Truth Snidget 01-24-08 11
       RE: the Moment of Truth Ahtumbreez 01-24-08 12
       RE: the Moment of Truth SurvivorBlows 01-24-08 14
           RE: the Moment of Truth Snidget 01-24-08 15
   RE: the Moment of Truth aquariaqueen 01-24-08 16
   RE: the Moment of Truth Cygnus X1 01-25-08 19
   RE: the Moment of Truth Hoobie 01-26-08 22
 Meh... moonbaby 01-24-08 13
 The ratings. Estee 01-25-08 17
   RE: The ratings. Ahtumbreez 01-25-08 18
       RE: The ratings. Snidget 01-25-08 20
           RE: The ratings. Ahtumbreez 01-25-08 21
 1/30 jbug 01-30-08 23
 RE: the Moment of Truth Colonel Zoidberg 01-31-08 24
 A woman will destroy her marriage! Estee 02-26-08 25
   RE: A woman will destroy her marria... Snidget 02-26-08 26
   RE: A woman will destroy her marria... LostAddict 02-26-08 27
   RE: A woman will destroy her marria... MKitty 02-28-08 28
       RE: A woman will destroy her marria... lwhit 03-05-08 29
           RE: A woman will destroy her marria... observer 03-24-08 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-08, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
premiere bump
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-08, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-08 AT 09:46 PM (EST)

I think we could safely retitle this as 'Who Wants To Get A Divorce?'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker_Keck

Yes, it's Wikipedia and they're basically screaming 'rumor!' in the entry, but...

01-23-08, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
Even when it doesn't go that far it definitely is "Who Wants To Sleep on the Couch/Out in the Garage, etc."

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

Molaholic 8989 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
First question should have been:

"Do you think this piece of carp show will last more than 3 episodes?"

Agman2 2310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-09-16, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
nope

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
I quit after the first guy got booted. I'm sorry I don't believe he would tell the truth about not having kids because he's not sure his wife is long-term, yet lie about touching a client for longer than he had to. There's too many ways he could have explained that.

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-24-08, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
The previews for this show were misleading. They got us to watch because of the crazy questions they kept teasing us with.
The first 10 questions were so tedious and took up most of the show. The dramatic pauses did not help at all. They should have let Maury have his show: The Moment of Truth: Who's my Baby Daddy been sleeping with?

Created by PhoenixMons

01-24-08, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
I kept waiting for a hole to open under the contestant's chair and drop them into the basement.

And at some point, you can bet they were wishing for it.

jbug 17006 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
DH & I watched too - were rather disappointed.
delays in answering from the contestants and delays in hearing the true or false? this will be the downfall of the show. They must have timed DOND to see how long it takes those girls to open the cases and based this program on that one. dud

When the guys answered 'yes' to those questions, it was pretty obvious the result would be true. Why would someone say yes if it wasn't true?

~~~~waiting to see if Estee can make an OT thread out of these questions like PO10~~~~~~~ guess these are rather specific to the contestant tho~~~~

01-24-08, 11:26 AM (EST)
9. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
FOX reality head Mike Darnell: "I would never go on one of my own shows, but I wouldn't even go near this one."

Of course, FOX has always had a problem going near truth: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/01/moment-of-truth.html

01-24-08, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
Forgot to ask this morn: the host Mark Walberg, where do I know him from? When I google him I only get Marky Mark Wahlberg.

winterized by agman

01-24-08, 04:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: the Moment of Truth"

Mark L. Wahlberg – not to be confused with former rapper and actor Mark Wahlberg – is set to host The Moment of Truth. Wahlberg previously had hosting duties on such reality series as Joe Millionaire and Tempation Island.

ttp://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-moment-of-truth/the-moment-of-truth-14656.aspx

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

01-24-08, 05:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
*smooch
I remember him from Temptation Island but don't remember him from Joe. Didn't the chick from Trading Places host Joe. Of course I only watch Joe.1

winterized by agman

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-08 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

>Mark L. Wahlberg – not to be confused with former rapper
>and actor Mark Wahlberg – is set to host The
>Moment of Truth. Wahlberg previously had hosting duties on
>such reality series as Joe Millionaire and Tempation Island.

That phrasing looks suspiciously like a certain Reality TV World report that was published a month before Buddy TV's report:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/fox-the-moment-of-truth-lie-detector-show-debut-january-23-6093.php

Former Joe Millionaire and Temptation Island host Mark L. Wahlberg -- not to be confused with actor and former Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch member Mark Wahlberg -- will serve as the host for The Moment of Truth.

The guy has hosted close to a dozen different reality and game shows and they just happen to mention the same two, and then use the same dash punctuation to do it? Humm... maybe one of Buddy TV's writers should go on this show.

For the record, Buddy TV has quickly acquired a fairly notorious reputation for using other outlets' information with little or no attribution (and when they do attribute a source, it's buried in small print way at the bottom of the story, and with no link to the original report.

Their repeated use of our one-on-one interview quotes without any direct attribution that the comments were made during an interview with us (click here for an example) have to be the egrerious examples I've seen from a so-called professional media outlet in all the years Reality TV World has been around.

01-24-08, 09:28 PM (EST)
15. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
They happened to pop up on the google first. I'll avoid them from now on.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-24-08, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: the Moment of Truth"

He used to have his own talk show...years ago!!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
Mark L. Wahlberg was (is still?) the host of PBS' Antiques Roadshow.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-26-08, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-08 AT 00:03 AM (EST)

Also - he was the host on a game show that was on Game Show Network, called Russian Roulette (that is the one where the floor actually DID open up!). Both DH and I were contestants on it in 2002 (and, yes, we both fell through the floor!).

moonbaby 17118 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Meh..."
I checked it out, it didn't hold my interest. Did plenty of channel surfing while it was on and won't tune in again unless by chance.

That answer is.....................true.

01-25-08, 08:39 AM (EST)
17. "The ratings."
Approximately 23,200,000 viewers.

Interpret however you will: just keep one thing in mind at all times. We're talking about crossover viewers from a group that was partially watching AI to see how badly people could fail the auditions. That isn't a segment who's tuning in to see mercy.

And we get another precious quote from Darnell: "What I care about is it is causing a dialogue about telling the truth."

01-25-08, 09:17 AM (EST)
18. "RE: The ratings."
Wonder if the ratings fell off during the second contestant.

winterized by agman

01-25-08, 10:26 AM (EST)
20. "RE: The ratings."
Futon Critic reports the 1/2 hour ratings change and it dropped between 12-13% during the second half hour.

01-25-08, 02:19 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The ratings."
I'll really be amazed if the ratings don't tank next week.

winterized by agman

jbug 17006 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "1/30"
Don't think it's gonna make it. May catch viewers who were watching AI. too many *un*dramatic pauses.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-31-08, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: the Moment of Truth"
I DVRed this one out of sheer morbid curiosity. I ended up erasing it halfway through because it was so aggravatingly asinine. It does not have a home in my DVR now. I have reruns of Futurama in my DVR. But not this.

02-26-08, 08:14 AM (EST)
25. "A woman will destroy her marriage!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 08:15 AM (EST)

And if you count the precaps, recaps, and that point in the final segment where they actually replayed a whole two minutes of the whole all over again just in case anyone had really forgotten what happened during the commercial break, she destroyed it fifteen times.

I know that was supposed to be dramatic. I realize they were trying to pretend it was a twisted morality play on what people will do for money, although having this network put it on meant it lost just about everything by the opening credits. But the endless 'coming up next!' segments (which may have been at least a sixth of the show) added to the instant repeat -- that's a new one, and you know we're going to be seeing it again -- turned what should have been a horrorfest of pain into inadvertent hilarity. 'Will they show it again? They can't think we need to see this again: it's been six times already!' Wrong!

And because of the pacing -- because they kept having Wahlberg turn up between segments and say how uncomfortable the show was to watch, on this 'very special episode' -- you knew she was going to get one wrong and walk away with nothing, because there wasn't time for her to finish, she'd said she wasn't walking away, and there had been no mention of a very special two-parter!

So thanks to the way the show was edited, you knew the beginning, the middle, and the ending -- before the first question was ever asked.

Brilliant. Really.

The host claims the questions went past his personal limit. I wonder what he originally thought he was signing on for. Or just how fast he thought he was backpedaling from having anything to do with this disaster, while actually running in place...

If you missed it, the essence is: she admitted to cheating on her husband. (Among other things.). He got to find out then and there.

02-26-08, 08:39 AM (EST)
26. "RE: A woman will destroy her marriage!"
I don't get the repeat the "shocking moment" thing 4.5 million times per episode.

Are the Nielson boxes now rigged that if you get some one to stop channel surfing for 30 seconds they count as a viewer for that 1/2 hour?

I really think these peeps have given up even trying to keep people watching the show for the whole hour and just want to repeat things often enough that anyone who channel surfed by for a few seconds will be able to talk about the whole episode at the water cooler.

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-26-08, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: A woman will destroy her marriage!"
DH and I watched this last night for the first time. Unfortunately, in real time. UGGH. All the instant replays were stupid, what was the point? I can NOT understand why anyone would be so desparate for money as to go on this show.

My main though at the end was, "I wonder if her husband already knew this info?" He did HUG her after it was all over. I think most men would have completly snubbed her. It really made me wonder. Also, she didn't mind everyone knowing all her business, BUT, she still wanted them to think she was a "good person." lol. How ironic!

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-28-08, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: A woman will destroy her marriage!"
That was the first and last time I watched the show. It was the most painful thing I have ever seen..and that was not a comment in regard to the content, but rather in regard to the editing. A review after every three minutes, previews of what will happen after the commercial so we know that she will obviously reach teh next question..I agree Estee...they edited in such a way that you knew exactly which questions she had "passed" already and what was coming.

The may be the worst show I have ever seen. I think there may hve been two minutes of actual content between previews and reviews before each and every commercial! ARGHGGHGH!!

"Tyko-ized" by Agman

lwhit 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-05-08, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lwhit Click to send private message to lwhit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: A woman will destroy her marriage!"
I didn't see this episode, but I heard about it, and I DO NOT feel sorry for the one in the hot seat, but for her husband, and her family. She blew it all to bits.

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-24-08, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: A woman will destroy her marriage!"
I enjoy this show. I find it fascinating.

In polite society, there are certain questions that people aren't supposed to ask... For example, "Do you belong to the Hair Club for Men?" This show asks all of the nosy personal questions.

I missed a couple of episodes because they were on a different day.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •