The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Phenomenon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-07, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Phenomenon"
Premieres Wednesday at 8. I am looking forward to this one. I love magic! Illusions, whatever.

Anyone else?

http://www.nbc.com/Phenomenon/about/index.shtml

One word: GOTHMOG!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Phenomenon Magnolia_Rocker 10-24-07 1
 RE: Phenomenon Estee 10-24-07 2
 RE: Phenomenon volsfan 10-24-07 3
   RE: Phenomenon Breezy 10-25-07 4
       RE: Phenomenon Loree 10-25-07 5
   RE: Phenomenon geekboy 10-30-07 6
 Only six on 10/31? Breezy 11-01-07 7
   RE: Only six on 10/31? SilverStar 11-02-07 8
       RE: Only six on 10/31? Loree 11-07-07 9
 RE: Phenomenon Magnolia_Rocker 11-12-07 10
   RE: Phenomenon Loree 11-12-07 11
       RE: Phenomenon mistyrose52 11-13-07 12
 RE: Phenomenon geekboy 11-13-07 13
   RE: Phenomenon Loree 11-13-07 14
       RE: Phenomenon Magnolia_Rocker 11-14-07 15
           RE: Phenomenon Breezy 11-15-07 16
               RE: Phenomenon Loree 11-15-07 17
   RE: Phenomenon Agman2 03-07-16 21
 RE: Phenomenon - Week 4 geekboy 11-15-07 18
   RE: Phenomenon - Week 4 Ellehcar71 11-17-07 19
       RE: Phenomenon - Week 4 Breezy 11-19-07 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-24-07, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Phenomenon"
Oh Yeah, I'll be checking it out. Criss Angel is one of my scarey crushes so I'll definitely tune in. Even if it sucks I'll get to look at him for a bit. Plus, I love the magic/illusion shows also.

Ghoulishly attired thanks to surfkitten!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-07, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Phenomenon"
Are we sure they're looking for acts? With Geller on board, it sounded like they were looking for actual psychics. The James Randi Foundation goes live, only without the participation of James Randi.

Of course, if Geller wants to find a real talent, he'd better not try looking in any mirrors. They'll find someone, I'm sure -- but we're about to get a primer in con techniques.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-07, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Phenomenon"
I was a little disappointed. Why did only 4 perform and they left 6 to perform next week? Why does two of these 4 that performed tonight have to go home next week?

It was an entertaining show I guess but it wasn't what I had hoped for.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-07, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Phenomenon"
I thought it was two of the ten? Although frankly, I wasn't impressed with any of the four last night.

The first guys routine was boring.

Second guy, was good. But I agree with Chris I was laughing at Ross so much so maybe that's why the routine was good.

Third guy.... he was the nailgun? Right? Well that wasn't even scary to me. I shut my eyes when whats her face put the nails in and even I knew what gun had the nails in it. And according to BF, he has that same nail gun out in the garage and you can see the nails in it.

Fourth guy was too full of himself and then his routine was hack.

Also, that mind trick with that one judge was crap. 27% yeesh, yeah you reached a lot of minds. *rolls eyes*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-07, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Phenomenon"
I was expecting to see all 10 and was watching the clock and disappointed. They wasted too much time.

And as far as Uri's great mind game. All I could see was that big circle glowing under his chin. So I wasn't even looking at his eyes. Didn't look like his percentages had any clear winner.

I found myself bored with the second guy because he took too long to get to his act.

And my DH has 2 nail guns and I can tell by looking at both of them if they have nails in them or if they are empty. They make them that way for safety. So I didn't think that was too dramatic unless you have never seen a nail gun. And exactly how did Carmen know so much about loading one? I guess we missed her lesson in that.

The first and last guy just were not that impressive either. I was starting to wonder if Uri was going to love all of them and Criss was the mean judge. But finally Uri didn't like the last guy.

I plan to watch next week. But hopefully they saved the best till last.

geekboy 1787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-07, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Phenomenon"
I was diappointed for all the same reasons that you guys gave. We all know that "psychics/mentalists" are just specialized illusionists and all...but watching CAN be fun and entertaining.

of the first four - we've all seen this before, and I was not "amazed" or "entertained" in the least.

First guy - so what
2nd guy - what a joke. you changed the trap when it came to your fingers. big deal.
3rd guy - you could HEAR Carmen put the nails in gun #5. *yawn*
4th guy - we've all seen this act at Disneyland and ever state fair.

I'm let down so far. And, I agree, why only 4 on the first show????? Strange format.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

11-01-07, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Only six on 10/31?"
Forgive me I have a horrible head cold, but did they only show 6 acts last night? And what exactly happened with that one whack job that started to go after Chris? His act was sooooo *rolls eyes* unbelievable. How did he even get picked for this show?

So they did get rid of 2 of the 4 from last week, and then they'll get rid of 3 from this week. I'm guessing the last two that we haven't seen must be really good and they don't want to lose? So far not really following or liking this show a whole lot. They seem to be making it up as they go along.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-07, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Only six on 10/31?"
I think there are only 10 contestants. They showed 4 the first night and 6 the second night. I guess this show doesn't have many episodes since half of the people will be gone next week. That's fine with me. I'm very disappointed in this show. It all seems so... fake. I know it is fake, but it's not even entertaining.

I don't know what was up with that "fight" between the one guy and Criss. It seemed scripted. The guys act was totally ridiculous though, and I laughed when Criss called him out on it.

The only person I like so far was the guy who performed last. Mike(?) Super. His trick wasn't all that amazing, but I liked his personality a lot. He was having fun and joking, rather than being like all the other people who try to be so intense and serious. He seemed genuine while everyone else seems fake. And I LOL'd when he said his real name was "John VonAwesome" *snort*

The host is major eye and ear candy, but it annoys the crap out of me every time he says "Phenomenom." It's an N at the end of the word, dude! Grrr. But he's cute so I don't hold it against him much.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

11-07-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Only six on 10/31?"
I finally watched the second episode. Not sure why I bothered. This show is pretty boring. None of them have really impressed me.

I guess I liked the personality of the final guy the best. Nothing that great about his act. But at least he was entertaining and had some charisma.

The female's act was so easy. Now if she had turned away and let the guy pick which base to put the knife in before covering them. Then I would have been impressed. But since she picked the base to put the knife in. I just assumed that she recognized the base. All she needed was a mark on that base like a scratch or anything small to make that base identifiable to her. We were never shown a close up of the bases. So the minute she walked back to look at the bases when they were covered up, I am sure she recognized which one was holding the knife. No drama as far as I was concerned.

11-12-07, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Phenomenon"
This show has proven to be so disappointing. I usually love, love, love magic specials/shows but it seems like every single act I can tell you how they did it....where's the fun in that?

surfkitten made my autumn leaves fall!

11-12-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Phenomenon"
I wonder how the judges can keep a straight face. They have to know this is such beginner's magic. Didn't they say the first week that they wanted to be impressed? Aren't there any better undiscovered magicians than this?

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-13-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Phenomenon"
Saw it just once, with Hef's girls as the assistants, and THEY were having a hard time keeping a straight face!

Hubby and I thought it was the most ridiculous thing on the air!! I am a great reality show fan, but this is just out of the park. Whoever came up with this concept just wasn't thinking, and they CERTAINLY didn't have any great physic abilities, did they??? LOL

11-13-07, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Phenomenon"
Has anyone been impressed with ANYTHING on this show so far? How many variations of the "russian roulette" act can we do? Was it me, or was that paintball routine rigged badly?

The only act that somewhat impressed me was the matchbox/pendulum act, and that guy was kicked out after his first act.

Anyone impressed?

geekboy

11-13-07, 01:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Phenomenon"
The funny part about the paintball was that when the girls missed their shot and it hit the wall. There was no paintball mark on the wall. The paint only showed up when they hit the suit in the appropriate spots. It reminded me of how little kids paint with water and the colours show up when it is wet.

11-14-07, 11:35 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Phenomenon"
Also, they shouldn't have had the laser guides on the guns. I could see that the shots weren't hitting anywhere near where the guides were pointed and so did the girls. LAME-O!!!!

Oh, and I totally forgot about this part until I saw a preview for this weeks show last night but how totally fake was the "snake bite" guy. Give me a break dude. I honestly felt like my intelligence was insulted last week.

surfkitten made my autumn leaves fall!

11-15-07, 09:12 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Phenomenon"
He was even worse last night.

The only one I like, and I can't say his magic is all that great... but I like him; is Mike Super.

11-15-07, 09:37 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Phenomenon"
Mike is the only one that has any personality. I like the guy. All the others seem to irritate me for one reason or another.

Agman2 2265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-07-16, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Phenomenon"
I agree, their creativity leaves something to be desired. Underwhelming at best I'd say.

11-15-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Phenomenon - Week 4"
Another VERY disappointing week....and this was the "Finale"?!

The only good thing was getting rid of paintball guy. He's been extremely boring, in my opinion.

Wasn't this the week where we were supposed to be WOW'd? Nothing wow'd me this week.

Eran doing the same thing again.

The one woman was very boring, and the photo trick was essentially the same as the 'fire on my leg' trick.

Mike Super doing essentially teh same trick as last week, but at least he added in some 'magic'.

And the 'stop my heart' guy....bending spoons??? And the bending of the stop sign? COME ON!!! Watch it again if you taped it. The stop sign MAGICALLY starts to bend EXACTLY when he places his foot behind the base of the stop sign. Pathetic.

This show has really let me down.

geekboy

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-17-07, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Phenomenon - Week 4"
have only watched little bits....just saw a commercial saying there was an accident on the live show last week??? Did someone get bit by a snake? Was it a big deal? I'm guessing it wasn't or people would be talking about it.

11-19-07, 02:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Phenomenon - Week 4"
Yes the one dood got bit by the one snake that wasn't poisonous. No big deal.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •