The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Iron Chef America"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17006 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Iron Chef America"
Looks like Food Network is looking for another Iron Chef and is holding a competition to find her/him.
I love watching Iron Chef - it amazes me how the Chefs can come up with such interesting things to make and serve with the 'mystery' ingredient.
I'll be watching!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Iron Chef America arkiegrl 09-18-07 1
 RE: Iron Chef America MKitty 09-20-07 2
 dammit cqvenus 09-20-07 3
 RE: Iron Chef America jbug 10-07-07 4
   RE: Iron Chef America Bebo 10-08-07 5
       RE: Iron Chef America vince3 10-08-07 6
           RE: Iron Chef America jbug 10-08-07 7
               RE: Iron Chef America vince3 10-08-07 8
       RE: Iron Chef America Lisapooh 10-10-07 12
   RE: Iron Chef America MKitty 10-12-07 18
 RE: Iron Chef America ginger 10-09-07 9
   RE: Iron Chef America vince3 10-09-07 10
       RE: Iron Chef America Bebo 10-10-07 11
           RE: Iron Chef America vince3 10-10-07 13
   RE: Iron Chef America geg6 10-10-07 14
       RE: Iron Chef America ginger 10-11-07 15
           RE: Iron Chef America geg6 10-11-07 16
               RE: Iron Chef America jbug 10-12-07 17
 Oct 14 Show jbug 10-15-07 19
   RE: Oct 14 Show vince3 10-15-07 20
       RE: Oct 14 Show jbug 10-16-07 21
   RE: Oct 14 Show Bebo 10-16-07 22
 RE: Iron Chef America jbug 10-29-07 23
   RE: Iron Chef America geg6 10-29-07 24
   RE: Iron Chef America Bebo 10-29-07 25
       RE: Iron Chef America topmodelchick 10-29-07 26
           RE: Iron Chef America vince3 10-29-07 27
               RE: Iron Chef America geg6 10-29-07 28
 Nov 4th jbug 11-05-07 29
   RE: Nov 4th vince3 11-07-07 30
 And the winner is..................... jbug 11-11-07 31
   RE: And the winner is................. weltek 11-12-07 32
       RE: And the winner is................. StarryLuna 11-12-07 33
   RE: And the winner is................. vince3 11-12-07 34
   WOO HOO! geg6 11-13-07 35
       RE: WOO HOO! goincrazy 11-19-07 36
           RE: WOO HOO! arkiegrl 11-20-07 37
   RE: And the winner is................. AyaK 01-02-08 38
 RE: Iron Chef America Agman2 03-07-16 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I like ICA, except it's too much Bobby Flay for me. *crosses finger that new Iron Chef is his replacement*
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-07, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I love the show too...

I just read the notice about this in my October issue of Bon Appetit magazine. It looks like they are holding a competition to replace Morimoto (and he was hardly ever on it...)..as it still showed Mario Batali, Cat Cora, and yes, Bobby Flay as the current Iron Chefs..but it didn't show Morimoto. So, methinks it is a competition to come replace him. They had a list of the hopefuls in the Bon Appetit..so I will try to find out when this is exactly happening.

**Cat-a-trois by Agman**

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-07, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "dammit"
i agree... i like iron chef america, too. a lot more, actually, than the japanese version. the main reason being that i don't particularly find their weird ingredients relevant to my life.

i cannot stand bobby friggin flay, either. too bad he isn't the one being replaced.

but i will probably watch this show... if i remember...

~ cq

10-07-07, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Iron Chef America"
Did anyone remember tonite was the first show?
I thought it was pretty good. I'm not sure any of the chefs can hold a candle to actually become an Iron Chef, but....
Well, maybe Besh can. He actually won over Mario when he competed on IC once. He did well tonite too.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Bebo 20899 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-07, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Iron Chef America"
Besh is the man to beat. He also beat Paula Deen and some other prestigious chefs in a nationwide seafood competition. I've seen him on a few cooking shows, and he's got the chops and the personality to pull it off.

They showed a repeat the Besh Iron Chef America episode right before this first episode - coincidence? Yes, he wasn't the only one who had competed on the show (I remember Symon and Des Jardins), but did they put his repeat right before the premiere because he wins?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-07, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Iron Chef America"
All 8 had competed on Iron Chef America, and most of them had actually won their matches, if memory serves me correctly. They had a marathon of some of the competitors' appearances from 3 to 9 before the first episode of the Next Iron Chef.

I know Sanchez is the only one who is involved in a tie in Iron Chef America, he tied Morimoto.

Besh may be the man to beat, but all it takes to eliminate him is one bad/hard luck dish at the wrong time.........during an elimination challenge, that is.

10-08-07, 01:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I did not remember the others as previous competitors on IC. Tho I figured that they had probably been on. Otherwise, how would the producers have any idea if they could compete under that kind of pressure?
Also, do you know if these chefs applied to be on this? or if IC contacted them to see if they were interested? If the later, wonder who else may have been contacted but delcined.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

10-08-07, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I'm gonna guess they were contacted by the IC America/Food Network execs. It wouldn't have surprised me at all if it becomes known that they tried to contact Kerry Simon or Todd English as they were not only involved in an Iron Chef America battle, but also a battle in the UPN's version of Iron Chef that had William Shatner play the Chairman role......

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I've definitely got a new reality tv crush. he's adorable. That floppy hair! love it.

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-12-07, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Iron Chef America"
OH CARP! I missed it! I will have to try to see a re-run and catch up!!

*autumnal delight by Agman*

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-07, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I enjoyed the first episode. I prefer Alton to Padma, and it's great to watch people who are more established chefs/restauranteurs duke it out.

Here's a history of Iron Chef matches involving the contestants - I am cribbing this from Another Reality Site Which Shall Remain Nameless, but it looks right:

John Besh - Win against Batali (Andouille)
Traci Des Jardins - Win against Batali (shrimp)
Aaron Sanchez - Draw with Marimoto (black Bass)
Michael Symon - Loss to Marimoto (Asperagus)
Chris Cosentino - Loss to Batali (Garlic)
Mourou Quattara - Loss to Flay (frozen peas)
Gavin Kaysen - ?
Jill Davie - ?

I like the original AND the American. The original is just insane, and I lvoe the Liberace/Prince/Japanese Warlord Host.

10-09-07, 10:37 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Iron Chef America"
and I thought all 8 were on the show previously.

I just checked the Food Network Episode Listings.......

Neither Kaysen and Davie were on Iron Chef America.

Yahoo-fu tells me Kaysen was in the Bocuse D'Or, the World Cuisine Contest

By the looks of things from the other search, Jill Davie was put into this contest as part of the Food Network/Fine Living working agreement....... She's a co-host on Shopping With Chefs....

10-10-07, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Iron Chef America"
Wikipedia has a listing of all results, and neither of them show up there either.

When I was in NY this summer, I thought I saw ads touting Kerry Simon being on this show. Either I'm mistaken, or maybe Jill or Gavin were substitutes.

10-10-07, 02:12 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Iron Chef America"
or maybe he decided to only be a judge......

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Iron Chef America"
>Here's a history of Iron Chef
>matches involving the contestants -
>I am cribbing this from
>Another Reality Site Which Shall
>Remain Nameless, but it looks
>right:

Wrong!

>Mourou Quattara - Loss to Flay
>(frozen peas)

I watched this one and it was a tie.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Iron Chef America"
Still, the new acceptance of FROZEN peas (Julia always said they were just as good!) makes me happy.

10-11-07, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Iron Chef America"
All peas should be returned to the hell from which they came.

That is all.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

10-12-07, 12:26 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Iron Chef America"
LOL! I needed a good laugh, Geg. I agree, let the peas burn!

10-15-07, 11:47 AM (EST)
19. "Oct 14 Show"
I lvoed the 1 bite challenge! This really showed how critical time is on IronChef. It always amazes me how quickly they can get started and finish in the time given.

The innovative challenge? Interesting! And it is true that most of the Iron Chefs do use a lot of that equipment. I'm sure the chefs had more fun in the learning 90 minutes part than in the actual preparation part for the challenge.

And the anti-grill? I'd like to try one of those!

10-15-07, 12:39 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Oct 14 Show"
The Dry Ice, Immersion Circulator and Bag and Seal Devices have been used on the Iron Chef shows before, the others not so much.

And I think the guy that they brought in to help with the chemicals part of the Innovation Challenge was also on Iron Chef America............

10-16-07, 09:36 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Oct 14 Show"
I remember seeing a few of those devices on ICA too. But they brought out so many for them to use plus the chemicals! That was a lot to learn in one short time. I remember too seeing the guy who showed them the chemicals on ICA. I don't remember if he won or not. Who could forget that face & hair style? LOL

BTW, were you ready to shoot your tv during the commercials? I was so sick of the car musical chairs commercial and the phone one playing over and over and over! I hate commercials! Well, not all commercials - just the ones I have to see repeated at every break on a show till I'm sick of them.

September 2007 - Agman

10-16-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Oct 14 Show"
Very smart of Besh to throw his vote to Sanchez. Since Besh was the only one who had tried Aaron's dish, he knew it couldn't win. He's a strategist as well as a good chef.

I'm cheering for a Besh-Symon final right now, because I'd be pleased with either one of them winning. In addition to cooking skills, they've got appealing personalities. I'm not cheering for Sanchez because he's coming across as such an arrogant jerk. No, you do NOT get to put one more thing on the dish - why should you get special treatment? And how could anyone trying out for Iron Chef be oblivious to the "walk away" orders?

10-29-07, 08:56 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Iron Chef America"
Down to the final 3. I want to see Besh & Symon in the final 2.
Those 2 seem have made the show (to me) - with their joking and having fun. Looks like they are/were already friends outside this show.

I wasn't thrilled with the airplane challenge. Really doesn't have much to do with Iron Chef - except working under pressure and with equipment they are not familiar with and will never use again.

And what was with telling them they needed extra spice/flavoring because taste changes at high altitude and then the the food was judged on the ground? guess it would have been pretty costly to put the plane in the air just to judge the food.

SurfKitten Siggie Shop 2007

10-29-07, 09:45 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I'm really cheering for Michael Symon to win. I've spent a lot of time in Cleveland and I've kinda taken a bit of a proprietary interest in his career because I've seen him become a great chef over time. The first time I ever encountered his skills was when he work at Piccolo Mondo back in the early 90s. In the late 90s, he first opened Lola's and I have eaten there pretty much every time I've been in Cleveland ever since. I was so thrilled to see him on No Reservations when Bourdain did his Cleveland show earlier this season. And then I turned this show on by chance and found him here!!!!

I also dined once at Besh's Restaurant August. It, too, was wonderful. But I've just had so many meals made by Chef Symon that he's my sentimental favorite.

Plus, he does (as Anthony Bourdain points out) have the craziest laugh anywhere.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

10-29-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I've been cheering for a Besh-Symon final 2 also. I'm leaning toward Symon because I love his personality. While Besh would do an excellent job with the cooking aspect too, I think Symon would add a lot of energy to the show.

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-29-07, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I think we will see a Besh/Symon Final - this show has been pretty good to see how different established chefs are in comparison to up and coming chefs....

I don't think Constantine can handle the pressure.....

10-29-07, 03:12 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Iron Chef America"
Constantine is definitely an underdog to become the NIC, especially since he constantly had to chase the camera crew out of his food area during the Creativity Under Pressure Airport/Airline Meal Challenge in Munich, Germany.

If he thinks they're in his face there, what does he think it's gonna be like in Kitchen Stadium America? Doesn't he remember his battle and the camera crew's motions during that battle?

Symon and Besh are definitely the best of the bunch with each winning at least two challenges each now, I think.......and Besh will be right at home at next week's challenge location, Paris, France, or so he said in the preview.........

10-29-07, 04:35 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Iron Chef America"
First, let me get my anal retentive streak out of the way.

It's Chris Cosentino. Not Constantine. Sorry, but that was driving me crazy.

I wouldn't necessarily write him off for the meltdown in the last challenge, either. Right now, the three best chefs, IMHO, are left. I've eaten at the restaurants of two of them and I've heard of Consentino's Incanto in San Francisco. I know he worked at Chez Panisse under Alice Waters. He's no lightweight.

I'm still pulling for Symon though. Probably dooms him.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

11-05-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
29. "Nov 4th"
Ok! A final 2 match off in Kitchen Stadium.
And the two I was hoping for. (I'm rooting for Besh to win - but Michael's personality might be a lot of fun to watch as chefs compete against him so.......)

Agman

11-07-07, 09:43 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Nov 4th"
All I know is, according to the Food Network site, the winner will get his first match as an Iron Chef the following Sunday in Battle Thanksgiving...............

11-11-07, 10:38 PM (EST)
31. "And the winner is......................."
Michael Symon!
I had no idea which they would chose. Both were really good. I liked Besh's personality better, but Michael will be fun to watch.
I liked that they had the other Iron Chefs do the tasting and participate in the final judging.
Wonder what the count was on the vote? & who voted for whom?

Will Michael get turkey as his secret ingredient for his Thanksgiving challenge?

weltek 16934 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-07, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: And the winner is......................."
I thought Besh was a shoe in from day one, but liked Michael Symon better. So I was THRILLED to see his face as the winner last night.

Yay for the new Iron Chef!

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-12-07, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: And the winner is......................."
Agree Weltek. This was the final two I was hoping for from the get-go, but Besh seemed so far and away the front runner all season that I thought he'd win. So it was quite a happy surprise when they revealed Michael Symon as the winner. I can't wait to watch his battles!

Siggy by tribe

11-12-07, 08:57 PM (EST)
34. "RE: And the winner is......................."
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-07 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

Will Michael get turkey as his secret ingredient for his Thanksgiving challenge?

It's entirely possible that turkey might be a part of the multiple theme ingredients that will be up on the stand.

If the theme ingredient of the battle is Thanksgiving itself, there could possibly be turkey, cranberries, ham, chicken, duck, something to represent stuffing, both regular and sweet potatoes, pumpkins, etc.

There is precedent for this: There has already been a Battle Breakfast (Eggs, bacon, sausage, milk, oj, etc. on the stand) and a Battle Farmer's Market (a multitude of fresh produce and chickens on the stand)

11-13-07, 03:49 PM (EST)
35. "WOO HOO!"
Chef Symon rocks!

I was just thrilled to see his face when they pulled the cover! He will be a great and entertaining addition to the lineup of kitchen warriors!

*jumps around and dances with happiness*

goincrazy 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-19-07, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goincrazy Click to send private message to goincrazy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: WOO HOO!"
I just saw his first battle on the show last night ... he was doing pretty good... but I missed the end so I don't know if he won his first battle... Anybody know???

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-07, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: WOO HOO!"
Yes, he won. They were even on plating, but on taste and originality, he kicked butt.

AyaK 10391 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-08, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: And the winner is......................."
LAST EDITED ON 01-02-08 AT 06:48 PM (EST)

>I liked that they had the other Iron Chefs do the
>tasting and participate in the final judging.
>Wonder what the count was on the vote? & who voted
>for whom?

You know, I can answer that question, because I read the blog posts from two of the judges.

First off, everyone (not just the Iron Chefs) did tastings at the finale, but only the Iron Chefs were shown. The vote wasn't just for performance at the Kitchen Stadium but covered the entire season. The three judges told the Iron Chefs about the prior challenges and the outcomes.

Had the vote just covered the finale, Beck would have won. Had it just included the three judges, Beck would have won. But it didn't.

The final vote was 4-2.
For Symon: Ruhlman, Flay, Cora, Morimoto.
For Beck: Knowlton, Arpaia.

Apparently Arpaia was very unhappy with the outcome and spent a lot of energy browbeating Ruhlman, Flay and Cora because of their votes for Symon. But we didn't get to see any of that.

Agman2 2271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-07-16, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Iron Chef America"
I've been watching the aluminum chef but it's just all recycled stuff.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •