The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-26-07, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"
This show looks pretty interesting. It involves adults answering elementary school questions for up to $1,000,000. Jeff Foxworthy is host. Anyone else going to watch? I know I will.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Gr... Snidget 02-27-07 1
 RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Gr... mocha madness 02-28-07 2
 MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!! bystander 02-28-07 3
   RE: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!! Denalio 03-01-07 4
       RE: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!! udg 03-02-07 8
           RE: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!! mysticwolf 03-02-07 9
               RE: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!! kidflash212 07-10-16 13
 RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Gr... Cyndimaus 03-01-07 5
   RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Gr... mysticwolf 03-01-07 7
 Kudos to Fox Fishercat 03-01-07 6
 RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Gr... Wasabi 03-04-07 10
 RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Gr... Agman2 03-09-15 11
 RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Gr... Agman2 01-12-16 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-07, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"
Watching it so far.

Pitiful first contestant got three questions right, but only with help on each one.

Sigh.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-28-07, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"
Nothing new about this idea....it was ripped off from the Howard Stern radio show. He did this many years ago on his show. I doubt if I will watch it...it is another old concept being recycled. I wonder if the producers will give Howard the credit he deserves for originating it.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-28-07, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!"
OMG. I wanna HIT something watching this show. Where's Howie Mandel? I never thought I'd ever think that DEAL OR NO DEAL was a better show than ANYTHING.

Denalio 903 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-01-07, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!"
I don't know why I am still watching it at this moment, but I must have many masochistic tendencies. I have never felt more love for Alex Trebek than I do this very moment, BUT ONLY because when the contestant answers a question on Jeopardy there is not this ......uh...... after these ads..... pause.......delay....... uh........... call the banker...... is this your final answer?.......and now finally the correct answer is revealed bullcrap that is soooo prevalent in game shows these days!!!!!!

Argh!

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-07, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!"
The more they delay, the fewer questions get answered, and the less money they have to give out. I think I'd really enjoy this one if the pacing were better. So. D@mned. Sloooooowwwww.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!"
Yep. Speeding it up would absolutely make it better. I like it, but the delays are most counterproductive.

Maybe it would work if companies used it to showcase actually innovative commercials. But, as is? Interesting! *snore* *snore* *snore* *snore* Cool! *snore* *snore* *snore*...

Not likely to make it overall. Hope the kids are getting *something* good from appearing on it. Viewership isn't likely to increase their recognizability, so unless something changes, no DAWdom for them. Hope they're paid well.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

kidflash212 4684 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!"
MYSTIC!!!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-01-07, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"
Looks like I'm in the minority, but I am enjoying this show. My kids watched it last night and they loved it too. It's funny to watch adults falter over things they should know. (reminds me a bit of Jay Walk All-Stars) I'll keep watching. I like the fact that they've incorporated kids into the show.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"
We're enjoying it. But, we enjoy the vignettes on Leno when he does much the same type of thing in a man-on-the-street way, too. Or, Ben Stein, on his show. Same stuff, really.

But, as you say, the best part is including the kids. Wonder what they get out of it?

Love the look on the kids faces when it's a super-simple question that they puzzle over. Like the girl in the promo who reacts when the guy is puzzled by "What is 2*5?" That one's supposed to be on tonight.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary
But, the pauses? Yeah. That's really annoying.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-01-07, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Kudos to Fox"
They have beaten out most reality shows for gathering morons in a single place. I'm sorry, but the only question last night that should give anyone some issues was the Dewey Decimal System. Even then, the last time I had to deal with that consistantly was in the 5th grade and I knew it.

Seriously, it's one thing to struggle on some of these questions. Off-day, hard question (was there really one on REM Sleep? That's middle-high school level around here), etc., but most was incredibly simple...

Wasabi 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-04-07, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wasabi Click to send private message to Wasabi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"
There was a similar show on GSN where you had to answer questions from 1st grade to high-school. And once you "graduated" you won money to be used for education for you or anybody else. A lot of people used the money for their kid's college fund or going back to school themselves.

So, it's hardly a fresh idea. We tried watching it but it was so dragged out, we ended up taping it and watching it next day with our 1st-grader. And even in fast-forward mode it was still boring. I don't think this show has a long life at all.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-09-15, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"
Actually, I'm much smarter than a fifth grader!

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-16, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"
I always wondered where they got these "fifth grade" questions from. They didn't match up with any fifth grade course study I've ever seen!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •