The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-02-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
It starts May 31st! Get ready, Fishercat....

From Bravotv.com:

Next stop: New Orleans. We're pulling up stakes and heading to the Big Easy. Plus, poker champ Phil Hellmuth joins Dave Foley as co-host.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... Estee 05-02-06 1
   RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... bebekid 05-02-06 4
 RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... flipxcyd 05-02-06 2
 RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... vince3 05-02-06 3
 RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... Fishercat 05-02-06 5
 RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... pokerguy 05-04-06 6
   RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... Fishercat 05-04-06 7
       RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... pokerguy 05-05-06 8
 RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... Jims02 05-06-06 9
 Players bebekid 05-16-06 10
   RE: Players Estee 05-17-06 11
       RE: Players Fishercat 05-20-06 12
       RE: Players Jims02 05-20-06 15
           RE: Players Estee 05-21-06 17
   RE: Players Jims02 05-20-06 14
       RE: Players Fishercat 05-21-06 16
 RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker S... Fishercat 05-20-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-06, 06:20 PM (EST)
1. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
I miss Phil Gordon already. In fact, I refuse to call this new guy Phil in his place. He's just a Phil-in. How about we just call him Hell and leave it at that?

No player list posted yet.

05-02-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
4. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
Ummm, I saw Jason Alexander in the commercial.

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-02-06, 08:41 PM (EST)
2. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
UGH! Phil Hellmuth? I'd love to see Doyle Brunson or maybe Daniel Negraneau (sp?)

An arkiegrl siggie

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 09:02 PM (EST)
3. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
We trade one of the good-guys (and one of the tallest) in poker for the Bad Boy of Poker????? *yeesh* *shakes head* Too bad Daniel N. (can't spell his last name either ) didn't want the job or it wasn't offered to him.......

Because 3 Vinces are better than one.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-02-06, 11:03 PM (EST)
5. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
Come on!

There is an infinite amount of potential.

If Jason Alexander is true, then the Chris Kattan v. Jason Alexander mini-raise battle of doom may happen again. That's a Top 10 moment.

Phil Hellmuth could be brillant. O/U until he physically injures a person? 19 hands? What happens when he sees all the donkeys calling? Although I would have also preferred Daniel Negreanu, Hellmuth will work. Mr. Gordon was awesome though...

I'm quite happy about this

pokerguy 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-04-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
6. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
I don't see how anyone can watch this show it is by far the worst poker on tv. Of course I watch poker in a total different way than most people.

If you want to see real poker the 2nd season of High Stakes Poker starts June 5 on GSN. And for his fans Daniel Negreanu(correct spelling will be back.

http://the-peacemaker.blogspot.com/

05-04-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
7. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
That is what makes it funny. I see enough fantastic poker on tv? Now bad poker? Nice.

pokerguy 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-05-06, 09:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
The thing is the the only time I like to watch bad poker is when I'm playing and its my oppenents that are playing bad I haven't even been watching the WPT this season because they cahnge the format and turned it into an all in fest.
There is almost no post flop play.

The travel channel will start airing the Professiona' Poker Tour. This has the chance to be intresting but I'm not getting my hoes up.

http://the-peacemaker.blogspot.com/

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
9. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-06 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

I'm kinda excited. As much as I liked Phil Gordon's commentary, it should be funny to see Phil Hellmuth go bananas on the players. I can't stand watching the guy whine when he plays (and subsequently loses), but I think he could be pretty interesting to listen to in commenting on the game.

Mmmmmm... I love poker. And I love watching celebrities embarrass themselves. Great combination.

I love "High Stakes Poker" too on GSN.

05-16-06, 10:09 PM (EST)
10. "Players"
Game 1: Brett Butler, Fred Savage, Jennifer Tilly, Ida Siconolfi, Doug E. Doug

Game 2: Jason Alexander, Jamie Bamber, Bryan Cranston, Susie
Essman, Kevin Sorbo

Game 3: Greg Behrendt, Kim Coles, Andrea Martin, Jorge Garcia, Michael Ian Black

Game 4: Joy Behar, Andy D!ck, Macy Gray, Christopher Meloni, Robin Tunney

Game 5: Mario Cantone, Rocco DiSpirito, Jenna Fischer, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele

05-17-06, 08:19 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Players"
So which one of these is the non-celebrity who won the online tournament -- oh, there she is! Hi, Ida! Congratulations! I hate you for going all-in on Every. Single. Hand in the first ten games! (Note to self: slow-play in online tournaments doesn't work.)

Game 1:
Brett Butler
: Didn't she die?
Fred Savage: Doesn't he wish he was dead?
Jennifer Tilly: Foul on the play! No semi-professionals allowed!
Ida Siconolfi: You and your (censored) pocket pairs...
Doug E. Doug: Okay, new rule: you must have worked in the last two years to sit at this table...

Gotta be Jennifer, unless the cards get really weird, or Miss Online 2006 decides to try and take everyone out on the first hand again.

Game 2:
Jason Alexander
: Does the Seinfeld Curse apply to this?
Jamie Bamber: Three critically-acclaimed series, none of which I've ever seen...
Bryan Cranston: At least we'll be laughing --
Susie Essman: -- at her play...
Kevin Sorbo: People will underestimate him. Just watch.

Hmmm. Jason's won before, Bryan's the best player at the table, but -- dunno. Something is saying 'Kevin' here, so I'll go with that.

Game 3:
Greg Behrendt
: I'm just not that into you.
Kim Coles: Get away from my table, you Mole-ruining be-yotch.
Andrea Martin: Interesting charity. Seriously.
Jorge Garcia: Odds of accidentally blabbing a secret: one in zero.
Michael Ian Black: No, it's 'Best known for commenting on 6000 VH1 Best Of lists...'

I want to root for Jorge here, but I've got Dave & Phil's 'kiss of death' record. That should probably bring it back to Michael and his patched-up paper partner, but Andrea might sneak in under the radar. Let's say Andrea. Not like it makes a difference.

Game 4: (Or: The Table Of Death.)
Joy Behar: Oh gawd, shut up...
Andy Dick: You need to die now. And if we all watch you, we may need to die too.
Macy Gray: All right, she's there for Habitat, that's good...
Christopher Meloni: pleasedon'tbringthehatpleasedon'tbringthehat
Robin Tunney: That picture is just disturbing.

Macy. Please, by all the powers, Macy, because if it's The Dick, then the karma backlash is going to bring another hurricane.

Game 5:
Mario Cantone
: 'Sex', 'Whore', and 'View'. What a resume'.
Rocco DiSpirito: Meatball.
Jenna Fischer: Well, she looks like she's having fun.
Keegan-Michael Key: 'Alleyball'?
Jordan Peele: I get it! It's the all-low-rated-comedy-shows table!

Rocco must not win. I mean this. If Rocco wins, it's Revelations time and it'll be a mercy compared to the final table. So let's say Keegan-Michael wins, just because it'll be fun to hear Dave having to say 'Keegan-Michael' for an extra show.

And the tourney winner: Jennifer Tilly. Experience has to count eventually, right?

05-20-06, 06:03 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Players"
Is this our first braclet winner to actually play on CPS?

Table Four is the table of death. Can we move Jason Alexander there so someone I can stand may win? And move Ida to Table Five so she is with the rest of the people no one knows.

05-20-06, 11:44 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Players"
So which one of these is the non-celebrity who won the online tournament -- oh, there she is! Hi, Ida! Congratulations! I hate you for going all-in on Every. Single. Hand in the first ten games! (Note to self: slow-play in online tournaments doesn't work.)

I almost played in that tournament, but I was really busy at the time. I figured that, since I play so much poker, I may as well give it a try. But alas... Stoopid schedule.

How long did you last, Estee? Legitimite tourney or random luckfest with huge blinds? Did anyone else on these boards play?

05-21-06, 06:35 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Players"
I'm sorry. Am I still speaking to you, Mr. That's Why It's Called A 'Summary'?

(Never made the actual tournament tables. I tried getting in through the practice tables, and people were basically going all-in on any and every two cards, hoping to get lucky and double to dectuple up. If they failed, they went to get more virtual chips and tried again. No actual poker skills were involved at the practice tables. Maybe Phil was at the tourney tables with his bazooka, forcing the players to actually play, well, poker -- but all the warm-up action consisted of luckfests. Blinds were low. Blinds never got a chance to go up.)

05-20-06, 11:35 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Players"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-06 AT 11:42 PM (EST)

I love that they put the online winner at the table with the semi-pro, Jennifer Tilly. Now, frankly, I don't think Tilly's that good, where she'll easily roll over everyone. But she definitely has the most experience and the edge.

Winner: Fred Savage. People who actually play regularly always get killed. Just ask James Woods.

I'm looking forward Table 2, kinda, just because I liked Bryan Cranston's first appearance on the show. And Jason Alexander's play is always fun to ridicule. Maybe he'll learn that raising $100 into a $1500 pot doesn't count as a bluff?

Winner: Bryan Cranston. He's gotta improve, right?

Table 3 is going to be fun, just because I love Michael Ian Black's win. He better bring the autographed picture of David Copperfield with him. Kim Coles, I expect, will be dead money. She didn't strike me as that cerebral and analytical during Celebrity Mole Hawaii

Winner: Jorge Garcia. Just a guess.

Table 4 looks like my favorite, just because I'm most familiar with those celebrities. Andy Dick will be insane, as usual, so it'll be fun to see him with Chris Meloni. He comes off as incredibly tough in SVU, so it'll be neat to see how the man plays cards. I'm not a fan of Macy Gray's gargling/singing, but at least I know who she is.

Winner: Robin Tunney. Just because people I don't know often win at packed tables.

I don't know anyone from Table 5. Where do they get these people?

Winner: Jenna Fischer. Sure.

Oh, edited to add my picks.

05-21-06, 01:23 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Players"
Maybe he'll learn that raising $100 into a $1500 pot doesn't count as a bluff?

Against Chris Kattan, anything short of "all-in" doesn't count as a bluff, so why not make it cheap on himself?

05-20-06, 10:19 PM (EST)
13. "RE: New Season of Celebrity Poker Showdown"
Holy cross-promotion

On the Top Chef Final Three...care to guess one of the pro poker players getting the food? Phil Hellmuth Jr.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •