The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Cooking Showdown Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-17-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Cooking Showdown Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Because if the West Coast ever needed to be protected from anything, it's a bunch of Q-list celebrities cooking. Badly.

Who will make the Final Three? Why does NBC think airing this thing over five straight nights is a good idea? How much will the ratings drop? Will anyone be burned to death? Can this possibly avoid an empty set thread? Does anyone care?

Y'know, normally having a knife in the logo would be so promising...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Who's In This Thing, Anyway? Estee 04-17-06 1
 RE: Celebrity Cooking Showdown Epis... volsfan 04-17-06 2
 Am I Crazy? Survivorerist 04-17-06 3
   RE: Am I Crazy? volsfan 04-17-06 4
       RE: Am I Crazy? Survivorerist 04-17-06 5
       RE: Am I Crazy? AZ_Leo 04-21-06 9
           RE: Am I Crazy? vince3 04-21-06 10
 !...2...3.. 3... 3... Bebo 04-20-06 6
   RE: !...2...3.. 3... 3... SurvivorBlows 04-21-06 7
       RE: !...2...3.. 3... 3... tac_2 04-21-06 8
           RE: !...2...3.. 3... 3... Sidecar 04-24-06 12
   RE: !...2...3.. 3... 3... Hoobie 04-22-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
1. "Who's In This Thing, Anyway?"
Well...

Contestants (three per night, order unknown. Winner from each of the first three nights advances to Thursday for the two-part finale):

Tom Arnold (actor, comedian)
Cindy Margolis (download)
Patti LaBelle (singer)
Big Kenny (county music performer)
Tony Gonzales (football player)
Alison Sweeney (soap opera actress)
Gabrielle Reece (model)
Ashley Parker Angel (MTV personality)
Chelsea Cooley (Miss USA)

Host: Alan Thicke (now there's a surefire sign of quality)

Chefs:

Wolfgang Puck
Cat Gora
Govind Armstrong

Judges:

Colin Cowie
Gael Greene

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-06, 09:03 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Celebrity Cooking Showdown Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
How did I know I would find you here?

Actually, I don't like the way it is going to play out and how the fvck are we suppose to vote on a cooking show?

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-17-06, 09:24 PM (EST)
3. "Am I Crazy?"
Because I love this show! It started as an instance of being too lazy to get up and change the channel, but it turns out that this show is awesome! Love Alan's colour commentary (as cheesy as it is), love watching the B-list celebs and their silly showmanship, love how the atmosphere is like a supercharged Iron Chef with the audience so full of energy. This show is a hit!

On a side note, I think I have a huge crush on Cat (the girl chef). She's gorgeous and has a really hot accent. Govind is also super cool and hip too (not that I don't like Wolfgang too though)

Celebrity Cooking Showdown rocks!

-----------

~Erist

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Am I Crazy?"
I thought it was interesting to watch but I am still a little bit confused on exactly how the public is going to vote a winner. It is a cooking competition.

Kat Cora was born and lived much of her life in Mississippi. I really liked her on the Kitchen Accomplished show in The Food Network.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-17-06, 09:59 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Am I Crazy?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-06 AT 10:41 PM (EST)

>>>I am still a little bit confused on exactly how the public is going to vote a winner<<<

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. Maybe the audience will vote for presentation and the judges will score on flavour. A half and half thing like on Dancing With the Stars.

Still, this show was awesome.

edited to add: Ohhhhhh...Kitchen Accomplished! I get it now.

-----------

~Erist

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Am I Crazy?"
She is also the only female Iron Chef and, prior to Kitchen Accomplished, was one of the chefs on the Food Networks dating show (the name of which currently escapes me).

And how pathetic is it (of either me or this show) that I know more about the chefs then I do about any of the "celebrities", all but 2 of whom I haven't even heard of.

FYI--anyone else ever watch Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on the Travel Channel? He's about the most cynical, snarky host I've ever seen. He specializes in drinking, smoking, and bashing his way through various food experiences you'll never see on any other food show.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Am I Crazy?"
Which is also what he did on Food Network's Cook's Tour which still airs once a week at 4:00am. I think it's on Wednesday night (into Thursday morning) but I'm not sure.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 10:39 PM (EST)
6. "!...2...3.. 3... 3..."
Wow. NBC wouldn't even let it finish out the week.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 01:01 AM (EST)
7. "RE: !...2...3.. 3... 3..."
Apparently even something as minor as East Coast spoiler thread created by Estee can prove fatal!

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-21-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
8. "RE: !...2...3.. 3... 3..."
I'm a sucker for just about any kind of cooking show but this one I couldn't watch past five minutes, if that. The screaming audience and Alan Thicke were a complete turnoff - literally.

Sidecar 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-24-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
12. "RE: !...2...3.. 3... 3..."
>I'm a sucker for just about
>any kind of cooking show
>but this one I couldn't
>watch past five minutes, if
>that. The screaming audience
>and Alan Thicke were a
>complete turnoff - literally.
>

I agree with you 110%! I dont understand the reasoning behind the screaming audience! It was totally unnerving. Not a bad concept, but VERY POORLY executed. You would think that there are a lot better hosts and celebrites they could have dug up as well.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-22-06, 04:06 AM (EST)
11. "RE: !...2...3.. 3... 3..."
I'm not altogether shocked that it got pulled - I FFwd until the end just to see the comments and results. It actually panned over to the judges to show them writing in their tablets. BORING!!

Still, the ratings must have been abysmal to not show the end.

Did anyone go to nbc.com to see how it finished, as the advisory suggested?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •