The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"UNAN1MOUS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SUEBEN 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-10-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"UNAN1MOUS"
Has anyone heard about the new show on FOX - UNA1MOUS? Sounds sooooo cool! Would love to know more!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: UNAN1MOUS Jims02 03-10-06 1
   RE: Unan1mous FlamingCactusIT 03-22-06 2
   RE: UNAN1MOUS Estee 03-22-06 3
       RE: UNAN1MOUS nazpink 03-22-06 4
 RE: UNAN1MOUS aquariaqueen 03-22-06 5
   RE: UNAN1MOUS Loree 03-22-06 6
       RE: UNAN1MOUS nazpink 03-22-06 7
 RE: UNAN1MOUS zipperhead 03-23-06 8
   RE: UNAN1MOUS Estee 03-23-06 11
       RE: UNAN1MOUS zipperhead 03-24-06 13
 RE: UNAN1MOUS JohnMc 03-23-06 9
   RE: UNAN1MOUS Hoobie 03-24-06 14
       Secrets CattyChat 03-26-06 17
 The critics say -- Estee 03-23-06 10
 RE: UNAN1MOUS Jenna_F 03-23-06 12
 Keep in mind... volsfan 03-25-06 15
   FWIW... AyaK 03-26-06 16
       RE: FWIW... prosecutor 03-26-06 18
           RE: FWIW... Psych2be 03-29-06 19
               RE: FWIW... nazpink 03-30-06 20
                   RE: FWIW... nazpink 03-30-06 23
 RE: UNAN1MOUS Estee 03-30-06 21
   RE: UNAN1MOUS prosecutor 03-30-06 22
       RE: UNAN1MOUS Estee 03-30-06 24
   Chee-zay! toddE 03-31-06 26
       Well..... vince3 03-31-06 27
 RE: UNAN1MOUS Loree 03-30-06 25
   RE: UNAN1MOUS nazpink 04-02-06 28
       RE: UNAN1MOUS aviators99 04-03-06 29
 RE: UNAN1MOUS Elaine0 04-06-06 30
   RE: UNAN1MOUS iloverob 04-06-06 31
   RE: UNAN1MOUS theking0075 04-06-06 32
       RE: UNAN1MOUS prosecutor 04-06-06 33
       RE: UNAN1MOUS CattyChat 04-06-06 34
           RE: UNAN1MOUS Elaine0 04-06-06 36
               RE: UNAN1MOUS mrpringle06 04-12-06 37
                   RE: UNAN1MOUS Bebo 04-13-06 38
                       RE: UNAN1MOUS mrpringle06 04-13-06 39
                           RE: UNAN1MOUS nazpink 04-13-06 40
                               RE: UNAN1MOUS theking0075 04-13-06 41
 RE: UNAN1MOUS Das Mole 04-06-06 35
 What's in the Box? theking0075 04-13-06 42
   RE: What's in the Box? toddE 04-13-06 43
       RE: What's in the Box? mrpringle06 04-14-06 44
           RE: What's in the Box? Loree 04-15-06 45
 RE: UNAN1MOUS theking0075 04-20-06 46
   RE: UNAN1MOUS Bebo 04-20-06 47
       RE: UNAN1MOUS theking0075 04-20-06 48
 Did Jameson Win $470G? theking0075 04-27-06 49
   RE: Did Jameson Win $470G? Bebo 04-27-06 50
       Next week: nobody wins (at last) Estee 05-04-06 51
           RE: Next week: nobody wins (at las... Bebo 05-04-06 52
               RE: Next week: nobody wins (at las... Estee 05-04-06 54
           RE: Next week: nobody wins (at las... theking0075 05-04-06 53
               RE: Next week: nobody wins (at las... AyaK 05-04-06 55
               RE: Next week: nobody wins (at las... iloverob 05-08-06 56
                   RE: Next week: nobody wins (at las... nazpink 05-08-06 57
               Someone wins Bebo 05-08-06 58
                   RE: Someone wins iloverob 05-09-06 59
                   RE: Someone wins theking0075 05-09-06 60
                       I'm changing my mind..... theking0075 05-10-06 61
                           RE: I'm changing my mind..... MollyTV 05-11-06 62
                               RE: I'm changing my mind..... Estee 05-11-06 63
                                   RE: I'm changing my mind..... CattyChat 05-11-06 64
                                       Promos Lied Again theking0075 05-11-06 65
                                           RE: Promos Lied Again MollyTV 05-11-06 66
                                           Next week on FOX Estee 05-11-06 67

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-06, 06:07 PM (EST)
1. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
The whole concept sounds incredibly tough for the contestants.

On Celebrity Mole, during both seasons, they played a game in which all the players had to unanimously decide who to give an Exemption to. An "Exemption" basically keeps the player safe for the next elimination. If the players couldn't reach a conclusion, $50,000 would be taken from the Pot, money earned by the contestants that the eventual winner gets.

In both seasons, the players never reached a unanimous conclusion. If reality TV contestants can't even give out an exemption, how will they ever give a million dollars away?

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-22-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Unan1mous"
I can't much wait for it either. I've been seeing previews forever, and it looks pretty interesting.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-06, 06:06 PM (EST)
3. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
If reality TV contestants can't even give out an exemption, how will they ever give a million dollars away?

They won't. Which is the whole point of the show.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-22-06, 07:06 PM (EST)
4. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
A show that sparks my interest....I will be tuning in.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-22-06, 09:59 PM (EST)
5. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-06 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

Loved it, loved it, loved it....can't wait to see how the season unfolds. Oh my gosh, there will need to be counselors standing by after this show is over.

Any ideas out there on how long they were in the bunker????

I would love to see the powers that be mess around with the gerbils by changing temperatures, blaring opera music, unexpected bedtimes that only last 3 hours, flashing lights, and wouldn't an unexpected earthquake be something? LOL

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-06, 10:03 PM (EST)
6. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I like it. It reminded me of Big Brother Underground.

The fact that they can't vote for themselves. And they all have to vote. Means they could accidentally give the money to one of them. Plus if people keep being eliminated from the contest. Then it would get closer to having that happen.

03-22-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Wow!!!! My mind is racing with this one! This show could honestly earn it's rank as being very psychological and quite a social experiment.

First off, the voting is crazy!!!! In the end it said someone would be voted off based on their anonymos secret, but will still get to vote. My question is what conditions will the voted person be subjected to living in? Will they be in the same enviroment but further excluded or will they be joined by others who are voted out? The secrets that they presented tonight were the type that people could easily assume that they belong to a paticular person therefore voting out someone who would be a definate vote for them or someone who is least likely to get a vote, therefore wanting them in the game opposed to out. For example, people would probably assume that the gun arrest belongs to a guy and my boyfriend himself made the assumption that it belonged to the truck driver, plus who would think that a minister would would cheat on bankruptcy? Of course the creators of the show are definately banking on these assumptions which will screw with people's head.

As for the minister lady, what church does she work for? First she made the statement that the money didn't mean anything to her, then she said she wasn't excited about the money even though she showed that emotion and further went all "moral" and stated that money is the root of all evil. Sounds and smells like a hypocrit to me.

Then the whole lie that Nick told about having testicular cancer and still being on medication for it and people actually falling for it!!!! C'mon people common sense, no way would a person with a serious medical condition would be casted in a situation where they are unable to see a doctor, maybe if he was in complete recovery, but that is not what he said.

Who is going to win, who knows and I love it, but I do think that the first person out will be the girl with the gun arrest since they showed minister lady and psycho boy in the previews.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-23-06, 09:31 AM (EST)
8. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Excellent show!

My bet is on the poker player winning whatever pot there is at the end. BTW, if a person is excluded every episode, then after only seven episodes we will have a winner. OTOH, if my calculations are correct, then the money will run out a little more than 17 days after the ticker starts going down. If nobody leaves early.

03-23-06, 05:44 PM (EST)
11. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Leaving early would be a pretty large raised middle finger to the rest of the contestants. If the money drops in half even if the departing person was voted out already -- well, 'I can't win? Fine. One of you is going to win a lot less' starts to sound like a good strategy, especially since you get to cut the prize and you don't have to be in the bunker any more. We'll lose an ousted contestant just as soon as they get angry enough. Wait for it.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-06, 09:34 AM (EST)
13. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I've thought that, too. No mention was made about an excluded player being held hostage, so why wouldn't they leave early to screw with the players who kicked them out? And it saves money for the producers, so I am inclined to believe that they would allow this strategy. I think after the first drop in the prize, people will start making alliances that aren't possible in Survivor: "If you get voted out, stay in the bunker and help me make sure that X doesn't get the prize."

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-23-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
9. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Before I tuned in, I wasn't going to watch it. But I happened to catch the end of Idol and I wanted to make sure Taylor didn't get the axe (he's not in trouble at all right now).

So I watched a little bit. And I watched the preacher lady talk out of her byutox instead of creating an original thought of her own. And then I watched her suck in the gay guy into her world of hate, and I realized this could be an interesting show.

I wish the truck driver would have won. But I'm VERY intrigued to see if the preacher lady gets booted for claiming bankruptcy when she had tons of money in the bank. She deserves the boot the most - not so much for her hypocrisy in the early part of the game. I just think that's truly the worst of the 3 secrets.

1. Claimed bankrupt even though not (liar)
2. Arms violation (no guns in the bunker - who cares)
3. Was crazy (aren't we all a little crazy!)

2 and 3 didn't necessarily hurt anyone. 1 affects us all, because we all pay for someone else's bankruptcy in the form of higher prices, interest rates, etc.

Besides, if she lied about having money when she filed bankruptcy, what's to say that she really believes that "money is the root of all evil."

No one is doing any campaigning for the money, which I think is interesting. The one guy did claim to have testicular cancer, which was quite shrewd! (Did the preacher lady lay hands on him when she prayed?!!) But you don't see any alliances forming.

After watching Survivor, I'd expect the conservatives and the liberals to align. Or girls vs guys, something. But no one is making a team or even discussing how to come to a decision. Are these guys players or just stupid?

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-24-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
14. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I couldn't agree more. The bankruptcy "secret" is the worst by a mile.

BTW, wouldn't you lie about what "secret" would be revealed when filling out the initial forms? For example, IF my biggest secret was that I had had an affair, and if I hadn't told my husband or any of my friends...WHY would I tell a reality TV producer? It's not worth it to have my marriage ruined. I would make up something that's a little bit risque, but not tue (e.g., hit a parked car and didn't leave a note).

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-06, 07:14 AM (EST)
17. "Secrets"
First, I want to say that I do not condone filing Bankruptcy as many, MANY people abused bankruptcy laws & It'll be interesting to see how the new legislation will affect future filers.

BUT I thought the "secrets" were very craftily worded to leave many different ways to read into what the real story is.

1. Bankruptcy. -- The wording was something to the effect of "filed bankruptcy although combined household income was $100,000. That is misleading, because we don't know how much IN DEBT crazy Minister lady was or what caused them to be in debt -- poor budgeting/squandering or maybe unexpected medical bills or some other kind of uncontrollable mishap that befell her household. So, not enough information to pass judgment so far.

2. Live Ammo -- The wording was something like detained more than once for having live ammunition in possession. This is the weirdest one, because she was actually detained. Unless her state has outlawed firarms and ammo, outright, I don't understand why just having say a box of bullets would cause one to be "detained," unless there was another reason with it. Makes me think there's A LOT more to this story. This is actually the secret that I would probably vote out first, just because it is the most suspect to me. Again, not enough info on it, though.

3. Looney Bin -- This person spent time in a mental institution. Well, I've never been, BUT again not enough info. There are numerous reasons a person could be voluntarily or involuntarily committed and this is the first question I would wonder. This guy could've had a nervous breakdown, he could have attempted suicide, severe depression --there are numerous reasons that have nothing to do with him possibly harming any other person or being a raving lunatic.

I don't know how interesting this show will turn out to be, but I am going to keep tuning in to see how it develops. My favorite thing is the "revelation of secrets" because I think the way the contestants rationalize each one gives insight on the way many people judge others on a whole. This show is very psychological and that is the best draw for me.

Honestly, if it was my secret, I would come clean to the others & explain why I did what I did and let them decide on the real facts whether I should be eliminated. A crafty player whose secret doesn't have a "good reason" would also be smart to come clean, but lie about the facts and twist the secret into something not so bad. This could go so many ways, it's great.

Can't wait to see what the lab rats do next week & what other "secrets" are revealed.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

03-23-06, 05:40 PM (EST)
10. "The critics say --"
-- well, they're not saying much, but that seems to be because any publicity is good publicity, and few of them want to take that chance.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/unanimous

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-23-06, 09:44 PM (EST)
12. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I like the idea, but, well, half an hour is too small, we basically get to see them vote and thats it. Oh, and probably 2 arguements per episode, then vote. Not alot of content in the end.
I also don't like the amount of luck in the eliminations. "randomly pick 3 envelopes", there's some better way they could do that bit I'm sure..

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
15. "Keep in mind..."
This is a FOX reality show! I can't tell you how many times this network has screwed up dealing with shows like this. I watched the first show but am not holding my breath that we will get to see it pan out.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-06, 00:33 AM (EST)
16. "FWIW..."
...the show is produced by the same people who do Endurance. I admit to loving Endurance -- as Estee put it, it's Survivor on hormones. But my reaction to Unan1mous was the opposite of many of yours -- when the discussions started, especially about the Bible, I felt claustrophic and turned it off.

Sorry, JD Roth, but this show isn't my cup of tea. Maybe it'll turn out to be fun after all, but I'll have to hear about it secondhand.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
18. "RE: FWIW..."
I liked this show. I fell asleep for a portion of
it but not because it was dull. I was exhauseted,
so hopefully I'll remember to watch it this week.
I also like that it's only half hour long.

Psych2be 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-06, 07:21 PM (EST)
19. "RE: FWIW..."
As a Sr. Psychology student, I absolutely love this show! I just completed a course in Social Psych and I'm going to have to email my prof to tune in!

As far as the contestants choosing their secrets, something tells me that they did not give up those little gems by themselves. The show probably did a background check on everyone, although I don't know if the psych. hosp. can legally release those types of records...hmmm.

I think the sectret of the "minister" (who I strongly even doubt is ordained) is the worse. So, if she is chosen, she gets booted out of the running for the $$ but still will live there to make everyones life a living HELL?! Should be interesting!!

03-30-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
20. "RE: FWIW..."
I was psyched about this show because of it's screwball rules and twist and the fact that it's purely a mind game, one that people really have to play into others thoughts and reasoning, but these people have yet to show they are capable of this game playing.

Example one would be the fact that these people actually believe Nick has testicular cancer. I could have seen it more if the guy said that he used to have it and was now recovered but for them to believe that he still has it and needs medication is ridiculous. The producers would not have put a person with a serious medical condition into this game where they wouldn't have access to the medical attention that they need, therefore if Nick actually had this ailment he would not be there.

Secondly, the previews showed the other players accussing and believing that the once mental patient, who is voted out, of not voting for Steve. Why would this guy turn around and vote for someone else when his only purpose in this game is to be a vote? He has no chance of winning the money and he still has to sit there in that bunker and deal with everyone, the camaras and conditions so why would he mess with the vote to stay there longer? He wouldn't and he didn't. The guy would rather be out of there and know that the money went to someone who he liked and felt deserved the money.

The third thing would be how quick these people were willing to hand over the money. Yes, it was nice of them not to be greedy or selfish and to want the money to go to someone they felt deserving rather than sit there and argue over it just to walk away with nothing or at least nothing substantial enough to be worth it, but why not try a couple more days before throwing in the towel? Why not try to feel people out more and get people to see that they need the money and therefore are deserving of it? Could anyone imagine these people on Survivor or even Big Brother? They would all quit!!!

All in all I like this show but I was highly disappointed that they thought the worse secret was the guy who had mental problems. Obviously this guy is not a danger to them or himself or he wouldn't be there (another example of them not thinking). I would have chosen the cheating on the bankruptcy secret because to me I wouldn't want someone who pulls that crap to get the money over me.

I'm not all that convinced that Kelly (minister) will leave. I think she is using it as a threat.

03-30-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
23. "RE: FWIW..."
I keep calling Jonathan (the one who lied about having testicular cancer) Nick, just wanted to clear that up.

03-30-06, 09:32 AM (EST)
21. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I watched it for the first time last night and immediately came to a few conclusions.

1. The voting process and reveal are among the cheesiest things I've ever seen.

2. That prize money amount is going to drop a lot more before anything gets settled.

3. The odds of halving the prize are very good. The chances of quartering it aren't bad either. Dividing it by eight isn't out of the question. Or sixteen...

4. Yes, we understand that they're underground. Enough with the transition shots.

5. Anderson Cooper should be hosting.

03-30-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
22. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I don't think the minister is ordained either
she just calls herself that because she loves
to quote the bible.

03-30-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
24. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I haven't gone to the FOX page and looked into their backgrounds (partially because I don't care and partially 'cause FOX contestant pages are minimalist at best), but she probably is an ordained minister. But three minutes on the right webpage and I'm an ordained minister, so it doesn't mean as much as it used to.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-31-06, 09:17 PM (EST)
26. "Chee-zay!"
It's like new Doritos--nacho cheesier!

I didn't realize that was the host of Endurance, and I do like Endurance quite a bit. I new the producer's name sounded familiar, and I was like, "where have I seen that guy?"

Still watching, but it is lame. Apparently Fox's trademark cheesiness dominates all other factors.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-06, 09:30 PM (EST)
27. "Well....."
If you were, (or had) a young child in the early 90's he hosted a kid's game show called Fun House.......

Because 3 Vinces are better than one.

03-30-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
25. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I wonder if Jonathon could be a mole? If not for him the vote would have given Steve the money and the game and show would be over. But one guy votes different. How convenient. And if he is a mole they could use the need to visit a doctor for his phony cancer as his chance to confer with the producers. Just a thought.

And what is Steve hiding? When he talked to his family on the phone he talked about lying to get the money. What is he lying about? Will they be so willing to give him the money if his lie comes out?

04-02-06, 01:13 AM (EST)
28. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I thought when Steve was talking to his wife he had asked her if she would be ok with him lying if he needed to. I took this as he hasn't lied but is willing to in order to get the money. Maybe, at the time, his confidence in the others seeing him as a good canidate for the money wasn't high as he was chosen to be secluded.

aviators99 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-03-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
29. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
It's obvious to me that the show didn't last very long in taping.

- It is airing in 1/2 hour shows.
- It's not always obvious how much time passes during these segments. They've had one overnight at least, I guess, but they might have gotten there at 11pm.
- They say that the amount will get reduced "every second", but it's clearly reduced in a shorter time period than one second.
- I haven't actually checked yet, but it seems like there are more commercials and that the show might even be less than 22 minutes.

Perhaps someone can find a clip of when the money is actually ticking down during what's undeniably 1:1 playback speed. From that we can probably figure out how much real time has passed at any turn.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-06-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
30. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Will someone please tell me what happened last night. My tape cut out right when they were voting.

iloverob 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 10:17 AM (EST)
31. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Which vote? The vote for who got the money was one vote Steve and then the rest were distributed - except the crazy guy and the girl with the headache got no votes.

Then they had to vote who to banish. Crazy guy wanted to vote for himself, but couldn't so he voted for Adam???? (the poker player guy) and we didn't get to see any other votes.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
32. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
>Will someone please tell me what
>happened last night. My
>tape cut out right when
>they were voting.

During the voting, it was revealed that Tarah, Vanessa, and Jameson now have an alliance and they are trying to position themselves so that one of them will win. Tarah and Vanessa both got two votes. Since the vote was not unanimous, JD said that one more player had to leave the game and become an outcast. The players would decide who the outcast would be by entereing the isolation chamber one at a time and voting for who should be outcast. "Crazy" Richard voluteered to be the outcast saying no one liked him, he has already been outcast once, and he won't win anyway. He was the first to vote and while he was voting, the others agreed Richard only said this to try and get back on everyone's good side. Richard tries to vote himself as the outcast but JD tells him that is not allowed. Richard gets ticked off and votes for Adam to be outcast. Jonathan then voted for Vanessa. We see the rest of the people vote, but are not told who they vote for. To find out who will be outcast, we have to watch next week.

----SPOILER ALERT-----

----SPOILER ALERT-----

----SPOILER ALERT-----

I taped the show and watched the previews for next week three times and I notice that 7 of the 8 reamining contestants are shown not where the outcast's uniform next week. The contestant only shown from the neck up during the previews is Adam, so I am pretty sure he is outcast. I could be wrong though. Too bad if it's true. I really like him.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

04-06-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
33. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Personally I would have tried
to get everyone to unanimously
vote not to give anyone the money.
After watching a few episodes now
I feel it's a silly concept, why
in hell would I want to vote to give
a stranger money for no dam good
reason over me.
I would try to convince everyone
to vote for me. They are following
what they were told, vote for
someone to give the money to
unanimously or stay in the bunker.
Change the rules is what I would
have been trying to do or I would
have done just like preacher woman
and taken myself out of the stupid
game.

04-06-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
34. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
I hope you're wrong about Adam, King, but I have a feeling you're 100% right, especially when we were shown crazy Richard haphazardly saying "Adam, then" when he couldn't vote for himself.

Adam is the only one of the contestants I like at this point.

I was looking forward to more "secrets" and I wonder if they'll bring that back for the next consequence of not voting unanimously. I really doubt anyone is getting the money -- it's ticking away fast, I bet someone else leaves (probably migraine girl Jamie (?)). It's just a 1/2 hour show each week, so I think they're dragging it out because there's not much going on until it's finished.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-06-06, 06:57 PM (EST)
36. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Thanks everyone. I didn't even know there were votes. I thought they'd do the secrets for each elimination. Wonder if we will ever find out the whole stories. Wonder if any of this is true.

mrpringle06 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 10:43 PM (EST)
37. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
My wife and I were wondering this: once you're an outcast, can you ever win the money? If not, why not just walk away at that point?

It was never made clear I don't think.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
38. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Actually, they answered that once the preacher woman left the game. Richard had been outcast, but he was allowed back into the game to replace her.

So being an outcast doesn't necessarily mean you're completely out of the game.

04-13-06, 08:55 AM (EST)
39. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
OK...so when the sick lady left, there were no outcasts at that point, right?

Sorry, I watch it while playing with my 2 year old, so I miss a few things.

04-13-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
40. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
When the sick lady left Adam still remained an outcast and Steve joined him. So, I guess the outcast are going to remain outcast from now on? Kind of seems a little unfair that Richard had the chance to come back.

I missed the first 7 minutes of the show so I have no clue what Adam's secret was.

I do want to know what's in the box and I hate that we have to wait until next week to find out, but then again that's probably how they get people to watch.

04-13-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
41. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Richard was let back in cause the Preacher Lady left voluntarily. Adam was not let back in because Jamie was forced out due to medical reasons. Basically, since they felt like Jamie had to leave, there were no consequences for her exit.

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-06-06, 05:35 PM (EST)
35. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
So I missed the first episode of this, but I saw the next two...

...all I have to say is that this show is absolutely insane. I'm glad Kelly (or Kellie or however you spell it) left, hopefully these whackjobs can reach a decision sooner.

And what's with Richard what's-his-face? That guy's messed up. No wonder he was institutionalized...

Das Mole - OMGZ

04-13-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
42. "What's in the Box? "
Let's get the "What's in Box" speculation started. At first, I think everyone thought is was money, but the voice over guy promised is was something that would "turn the game upside down". Of course, this show has made similar claims in the past that just were not true. Two weeks ago they said the outcast vote would "turn the game upside down" but it didn't really.

My guess is that it's some kind of idol that lets Steve pick the next outcast if they do not come to a unanimous decision next week. Maybe even letting Steve back in once a new outcast is chosen. The drawback being the new outcast also gets the idol. I think we need to stop adding outcasts as the whole point of the game is to force a group of people to come to a unanimous decision and if we get down to only 3 or 4 eligible players, the whole thing becomes too easy.

My wife made this observation, however. She believes there to be some kind of entertainment device in the box. Something like an iPod. Two reasons for this. One, they showed a scene where some of the players (mainly Jameson) complained about being bored and not having any thing to do and they wished they had books or a TV or something. Two, a Fox reality show will probably look for any excuse to cram more marketing down our throats. This makes a lot of sense to me.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-13-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
43. "RE: What's in the Box? "
I had kind of the same idea. I would guess it is another Exile uniform that he can give anyone and he will probably give it to Tarah.

If anymore exiles return, I would probably quit watching this show. I actually prefer them to get down to, say, 3 people and then decide who to give the money to.

Actually, the premise of this show isn't so good. Really, the only thing that makes it watchable is having the exiles still hanging around and voting.

04-14-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
44. "RE: What's in the Box? "
If no more exiles got to go back in, what would keep them on the show at all. If I were told that I am not eligible to win the money but I can hang around and vote, I'd be out the door. But I guess these folks are on the show just to be on TV and get their 15 minutes of fame.

04-15-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
45. "RE: What's in the Box? "
Yes, if I couldn't win the money I would leave.

04-20-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
46. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
OK, someone tell me what happened. The cable went out last night.

04-20-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
47. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Steve opened the box - he was given instructions to pick one other contestant immediately to also be outcast. He chose Vanessa because he's a stupid tool who hasn't been able to figure out how much Jonathan has been playing him this whole game.

The players decided that the more important vote was the outcast vote and kept trying to line up their votes for that. Richard was going back and forth between the two factions as they tried to figure out who to get rid of next.

The group gets to see videos from a family member of the remaining four players, where they describe show why that person has the character to win. Jameson explains that he once gave his life savings to help someone sick. Tarah was nearly broke but insisted on buying a meal for a homeless man when she was going to McDonald's. Richard would share everything he had, brak brak brak. When Jonathan's sister was unemployed, he left a $20 bill on her dresser every morning. For some reason, Jonathan's story affected the other contestants the most.

After again not having a unanimous vote on who would win the money, the four players still in the game were sent across the bridge. Then, the outcasts were each instructed to pick one contestant who would remain in the game. The person not picked would become the next outcast.

Steve saves Richard, Adam saves Jonathan, and Vanessa is about to say whether she's going to save Tarah or Jameson when...

See you next week.

04-20-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
48. "RE: UNAN1MOUS"
Thanks!

See, this is why I said there are too many outcasts. Is next week the final show? Now that only Tarah or Jameson, Jonathan, and Richard are the final three, the decision is too easy. Steve won't vote for Tarah or Jameson, no one will vote for Richard, so Jonathan is the only real choice left. Everyone will have to see that, right?

Of course, IF Jonathan wins, they have to tell Steve he was the one that cost him $1.5 mil before they leave the bunker. That will be TV GOLD right there!

04-27-06, 09:07 AM (EST)
49. "Did Jameson Win $470G?"
Well, since the show is scheduled to air on 5/10 and next week is NOT the final episode, I'm gonna say no. I don't think Jonathan or Richard will vote for him. Jameson's efforts to get their votes was pretty weak. A better strategy would have been to have an outcast tell Jonathan everyone was voting for Richard and tell Richard everyone was voting for Jonathan, that might have worked.

Richard seems to be gaining ground every week and I'm really starting to think he will win.

04-27-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Did Jameson Win $470G?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 11:45 AM (EST)

I'm leaning toward the "nobody wins" scenario at this point, although it may just be because I can't stand Jonathan or Richard. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Jameson either, but I dislike him less than I dislike the others.

I'm also leaning toward a final 2 of Jameson and Jonathan, based on the editing early on. They were the focus in the first episode. We haven't had any sort of resolution with Jonathan's lies about having cancer and the whole Steve vote.

If we do have a winner, I think it will be Jameson, but I don't think he'll win the $400k+ - it's going to take at least one more round of voting. There was such a big deal made in the very first episode about how he could not win the game while Kelly was still there. She didn't leave until Ep3, and Jameson had plenty to say about her in Ep2. I think that the focus on Jonathan and Jameson in the first episode was a hint to our final 2. And how ironic it would be for Jameson to win based on the players' perception of him as a liar, even though Jonathan is the one who told the two huge lies.

05-04-06, 07:26 AM (EST)
51. "Next week: nobody wins (at last)"
So last night was the next-to-last episode, and this mess wraps up on Wednesday. Plus for whatever it's worth, Jonathan has officially lost what little mind he had, and would anyone blame Steve if he just threw Mr. (Clubhouse) Cancer into the water a few dozen times? The amazing part is that Jon-Boy still thinks he can win the money.

Maybe the amazing part is that anyone still thinks they can win the money...

At the current rate of drop (finally verified by Steve), the money would run out in about five days. That's a lot of time to compress into a half-hour show, so either they're going to pick up the pace, the moles actually reach a consensus, or -- everyone walks out. Perpetual and permanent deadlock. End of show.

Told you the whole point of the series was to not give away 1.5 million dollars. Or any money at all...

05-04-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Next week: nobody wins (at last)"
*snort* Yeah, adding BACK players at the end will drive them toward a consensus. Not.

The money runs out in 5 days if no one else leaves the game. Someone could always decide to screw folks over by cutting the money in half again by walking.

05-04-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Next week: nobody wins (at last)"
Hey, kids: it's time for fun with math!

Seven players left.

Approximately $400,000 still available.

One person walks: $200,000.
Two people walk: $100,000.
Three people walk: $50,000
Four people walk: $25,000

This is the last point left where anyone can win, since it takes at least a 2-1 vote. Two people can only vote for each other: no majority, no winner. As soon as Mole #5 steps out the door, the game is over.

A mass departure would be fun to watch on the money clock, though.

05-04-06, 12:26 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Next week: nobody wins (at last)"
Last night’s episode was TV GOLD baby! It was GOLD!

I hope no one stopped watching this show cause the whole game had led up to last night’s episode. All the twists, isolation, and the whole premise was focused on pushing these people to a point where they were no longer able to wear a façade to try and get everyone to like them and their true greedy nature rose to the surface. It was great! I have to say I’m still liking Adam, Jonathan, and Richard more than any of the rest of the players. At least they are honest about their “win at all costs” intentions. Steve went from first to last with me and I know I’m not the only one who feels that way. He had no right to call Adam a bum and a drunk.. that was totally uncalled for.

As for next week, during the previews there was a scene where they showed everyone in street clothes sitting around the table. This may have been from a previous episode, but I like to think it will end this way. They will have one more non-unanimous vote. Then they will send everyone home to thank about everything that has happened. Then, they will bring everybody back and give them one final chance to make a decision and give the winner $250G or something like that. Though I would find it hilarious if no one won any money, I don’t believe Fox will let it end that way.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 02:13 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Next week: nobody wins (at last)"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-06 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

>Last night’s episode was TV GOLD
>baby! It was GOLD!

I agree. I've been fascinated by JD's train wreck of a show, and last night was the best. These people have finally lost it; they're at equilibrium: no one wants to give up the $$$ by giving it away, and no one wants to leave and give up any chance to win.

Last night, all their inner bitterness came out. From a group that was all ready (except for pain-in-the-a$$ Jonathan) to give the money to Steve on the FIRST VOTE to this group of money-hungry villains in just a few episodes? Unbelievable.

05-08-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Next week: nobody wins (at last)"
>"I’m still liking
>Adam, Jonathan, and Richard more
>than any of the rest
>of the players. At
>least they are honest about
>their “win at all costs”
>intentions. Steve went from
>first to last with me
>and I know I’m not
>the only one who feels
>that way."

I agree. I really like Adam, and I think Jonathan deserves the money since he played the game so well; up until he admitted to Steve that he was the one who changed the vote - bad move. Now Steve will never vote for him. I can't stand Steve. Couldn't stand him from the jump though, so I was really glad when Jonathan changed the vote.

I don't see how it is possible for anyone to win at this point. Unless they accidentally vote a winner - everyone votes the opposite of what they expect others to do and accidentally vote for the same person. I'm looking forward to the last show to see what happens.

05-08-06, 09:35 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Next week: nobody wins (at last)"
Honestly, I had some high hopes for this show and ended up being disappointed. I should have listened to others who knew it was a rotten apple from the start. It's getting to the point of nonesense. Bringing back another player when the numbers have dwindled down to three!!! I really don't know how these people are going to pull off voting a winner, a shame really all that money and no one wants to come to a conclusion. Steve has started to irritate me too, when I do tune in that is. He seems to act all mighty. I especially thought his little tears were ridiculous when he initiated the fight with Adam and was the one who was doing all the bashing.

05-08-06, 11:19 PM (EST)
58. "Someone wins"
Saw a commercial during tonight's Prison Break/24 doubleheader that said that someone does win the money...but we won't believe who.

So, is there a twist that lets Adam get it after all?

05-09-06, 09:02 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Someone wins"
That is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the commercial. That would be GREAT!!!!!

05-09-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Someone wins"
I still like my idea about all 9 originial members getting to come back and being eligible for one final vote. Then, the "unbelievable" winner would be Jamie or Kelly, probably Jamie. She is in the forefront of the pic on the Unan1mous web site.

05-10-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
61. "I'm changing my mind....."
To Richard. That's somewhat shocking.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 06:05 AM (EST)
62. "RE: I'm changing my mind....."
what a boring boring boring ending.

first of all...no reunion??? lol
we can't see what tarah did with the money????
we can't see family hug and kiss???
we can't see them come out into the fresh air...not just the elevator to the studio offices right above them??
we can't see how the preacher woman feels now????

mollytv

05-11-06, 07:39 AM (EST)
63. "RE: I'm changing my mind....."
I wanted to see Adam and Jonathan's reaction once the worms were removed from their ears and they started thinking for themselves again.

05-11-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
64. "RE: I'm changing my mind....."
One word: Anticlimactic

Kind Creation of ARNutz

05-11-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
65. "Promos Lied Again"
I agree. What a disappointing ending. The Promos' promise of, "You won't believe who wins the money", were just flat out wrong. Why wouldn't I believe Tara would win the money? They needed one final twist, but they didn't deliver.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
66. "RE: Promos Lied Again"
here's the twist..

they should have told her before they read the last name.

if you think he may not have voted for you open the safe and you get whats in the safe....might be $ might not...and of course make sure there is NOTHING in it...lol

at least she would have to decide.
mollytv.

05-11-06, 12:26 PM (EST)
67. "Next week on FOX"
A feature presentation of 'When FOX Promos Lie.'

First-ever seventeen-hour special.

And that's Part One.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •