The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Poker Showdown New Orleans Table #1: 'Fold-ing! Call-ing! Rais-ing! Grat-ing!'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-01-06, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Poker Showdown New Orleans Table #1: 'Fold-ing! Call-ing! Rais-ing! Grat-ing!'"
Unfortunately, the first subject we have to cover is the Phil-in. Shorn of the hat and sunglasses, Hellmuth looks like a man whose not-so-secret desire is to be Elvis. Instead, he comes across as someone who's been lightly covered in a layer of grease. While he has knowledge, he's not too good at sharing it yet, and we've seen more of the original Phil's non-existent temper -- 'shoot myself in the head with a bazooka' -- than the emotions of a supposed poker brat. I know it took a while for the chemistry to develop between TallPhil and Dave, but there was at least a spark to begin with. Right now, the most passion we're seeing from this pairing is Hellmuth's incessant need to defend 'my pick!' Whee... Maybe that's why Robert's voice sounded a little off: he came in fresh from a three-hour crying jag. The rapport may develop, but right now, it's no sure thing.

The new set lacks something, and holding the tournament in a bar doesn't help. Plus no matter what you call it, the room will remain the Loser's Lounge. Because they're losers. Loo-sers. They lost. Live with it.

The good news: we got a funny table to start, with some actual action and not too many thousands of complaints from the 'Why are you calling?' gallery. The bad news: they ran the second table before the first, so the next group must really svck...

Kevin: Apparently the curse of the pick has passed into my hands... I'm going to do Kevin the very great favor of assuming that at some point in his life before this table, he had seen a deck of cards and was told what they were for. Beyond that, we have absolutely nothing worth discussing here.

Jamie: Ohmigawd, was that the worst beat in the history of CPS or what? In terms of significance to the final outcome, Brad drawing to a tie on the river might rank above this, but for sheer 'Here are two cards: choke on them' potential, that was horrible. Let's see if he ever comes back for a second appearance. In fact, let's see if he develops a phobia. 'Small rectangular objects! Take them away! Take them away!'

Susie: Well, she seemed to revel in the impromptu -- attention. Sure, let's call it attention, because the other option is Dicque/Susan II. Seemed to get the rough idea of what to do, but needed either a little more experience or a lot more of the legendary Dule' luck, which ran out fast after the Bad Beat From Hell. Will never, ever get anywhere with Jamie, because he and Kevin hate tens, and when they look at Susie, what are they going to see? Tens. Tens everywhere. It's psych disorder night on CPS! Bring a straightjacket!

Bryan: Is this our new version of James Woods? The best player at the table who does get the cards, makes the final two, and then has every hand fall through his fingers? Had a couple of the funniest moments ever seen on the show -- 'Male and female genitalia: shuffle up and deal!' -- and the massage of Robert was inspired. Oddly creepy, but inspired. However, this is arguably the man with the most skill, and what did that teach us? That once you get down to heads-up, skill stops meaning anything. He'll be back for a third try if he can. And he'll probably go out the exact same way.

Jason: Okay, just marry the dealer. His poker play has improved somewhat since his last appearance, and he seemed to have taken twenty testosterone pills before stepping onto the stage: see other dominant male, try to kill other dominant male. He can't be looked as the favorite going into the championship table unless things get really weird on the other four, but remember, skill ultimately means nothing... And what was the point of those sunglasses, anyway?

We're back. It's just that one of us is gone, and I miss him.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown New Or... zombiebaby 06-02-06 1
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown New Or... Cin 06-02-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown New Orleans Table #1: 'Fold-ing! Call-ing! Rais-ing! Grat-ing!'"
Agree. I miss Original Phil's voice too. Is this Phil wearing a rug?

I found Jason Alexander annoying after awhile. But Bryan Cranston was hilarious! That guy Jamie was rather cute too.

Was there a reason fro replacing Original Phil?

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-02-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown New Orleans Table #1: 'Fold-ing! Call-ing! Rais-ing! Grat-ing!'"
I miss OriginalRecipePhil also, FauxPhil just isn't good. I hate his voice, he sounds too much like Dave for me when reading the chip count. Also I really miss ORPhil's percentages, he was more helpful when watching and trying to learn the game.

What the Heck was up with Kevin Sorbo? I LOVE Hercules and all but did he not want to play? He really confused me with his play.

I liked the overall table, but I agree the setting PLUS FauxPhil are just a bit off, hopefully I can learn to tune him out!

Cin

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •