The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Very Poor Ending(Read)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Boot Camp Rant/Rave Forum (Protected)
Original message

WolfgotScrewed 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-24-01, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WolfgotScrewed Click to send private message to WolfgotScrewed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Very Poor Ending(Read)"
This ending was horrific, and the format needs serious editing..
I have watched this show for the last however many weeks with guys in my fraternity, and we each had our favorites.. I liked
Jackson a lot, and Park, but both were gone early. I never really
had an opinion on Wolf, but I liked his attitude, "In it to win it." His physical superiority proved once and for all women
can not compete physically with men, period. Not to sound chauvinist through that remark but its an issue that's been around for quite some time... Onto the screwjob.. I have serious doubts on the legitimacy of this show, and am eager to really catch some interviews with the participants. Firstly, I dont understand the jury selection being limited to those dismissed.. This excludes Jackson, Park, and Lauder, all very loyal to Wolf.. All of which disprove those protagonists theory that "Wolf was hated by all." The flip of a coin was a hit against the shows legitimacy.. All in all, the man who showed the courage, and played the game, really won, despite not walking away with the 500,000.. I bet Wolf has more appeal in the entertainment business because of his loss... Im out....
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Very Poor Ending(Read) KandyKaine 05-25-01 1
   RE: Very Poor Ending(Read) Stargrl45 11-24-03 2
       RE: Very Poor Ending(Read) KandyKaine 11-25-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KandyKaine 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-01, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KandyKaine Click to send private message to KandyKaine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Very Poor Ending(Read)"
>. I
>never really
>had an opinion on Wolf, but
>I liked his attitude, "In
>it to win it."

I think that was also Whitlow's attitude
and she played the game better obviously.

>His physical superiority proved once
>and for all women
>can not compete physically with men,
>period.

It proved no such thing. The most you can say
is that most women cannot compete against the
strongest men. I'm sure a couple of the women
could have beat Yaney in the gauntlet. Be
careful of stereotyping.

<<Not to sound
>chauvinist through that remark but
>its an issue that's been
>around for quite some time... >>

Your disclaimer does not exonerate your chauvinism.

>Firstly, I dont understand the
>jury selection being limited to
>those dismissed..

The jury was made up of those who were taken by a voted-off
person to eliminate retaliation from disgruntled recruits
who had been voted off.

All
>in all, the man who
>showed the courage, and played
>the game, really won, despite
>not walking away with the
>500,000.. I bet Wolf has
>more appeal in the entertainment
>business because of his loss...
>Im out....

Whitlow showed every bit as much courage and managed not
to alienate the other recruits as well, giving her the
win. If this game were based entirely on physical
prowess, Wolf would have won hands down. But it wasn't.
I don't think we'll be seeing any of these recruits in
the entertainment business. This show just wasn't very
popular.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Stargrl45 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-03, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stargrl45 Click to send private message to Stargrl45 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Very Poor Ending(Read)"
I thought the guy who wrote this was incredibly sexist and really had no idea what he was talking about when he said that obviously men are stronger than woman. I'm 18 years old...I've modeled, I'm the ultimate girly-girl I guess you could say. It comes as a surprise to those who don't know me when they find out I'm in the United States Army. Just like the people on this show, I went to a coed "boot camp" where we were all treated the same. The females were often treated worse because the Drill Sergeants needed to know what we were made of because, physically speaking, we aren't built like men. However, that show didn't do justice to what real training is like. I'm proud to say, that even though the guys were apprehensive about my ability, I graduted along side them and gained their respect. So I'm personally offended by your comment and just so you know...I would gladly take you any day...let's see how tough you are.

KandyKaine 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 06:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KandyKaine Click to send private message to KandyKaine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Very Poor Ending(Read)"
I'm proud
>to say, that even though
>the guys were apprehensive about
>my ability, I graduted along
>side them and gained their
>respect. So I'm personally offended
>by your comment and just
>so you know...I would gladly
>take you any day...let's see
>how tough you are.

I received an email today advising me that a response had been posted to MY post of May of 2001 ! I had called the earlier poster a chauvinist and I defended the women of Boot Camp. Congratulations on your success and for proving me right! I hope you saw this show - it was great! I wish it were still on.

Kathy in NJ

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •