The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-17-11, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
I noticed that this edition did not have its own thread (at least not one that I could readily see). Being on the Left Coast, this edition ranks #2 (behind OC) in terms of my favorites.

I have my own thoughts about Russell, but my intention was to discuss the show. I am truly hoping that the Sept 5th premiere date for Season 2 will not change. I had been eagerly awaiting its return for months.

Before the show aired, I was already familiar with 2/3 of the cast:
Kyle Richards had popped up on some of niece Paris's shows in the past, and I always thought she was cute & spunky. Watching her on the show confirmed that. Although she's a stay-at-home mom, she is quite active and intelligent.

Kim Richards, Kyle's older sister was a Disney sweetheart in her teen years. I had nightmares after watching "Witch Mountain" as a 9 year old -- how scary could a Disney movie be, my mother must have thought. Bette Davis's eyes were haunting. But, I digress...

Adrienne Maloof, of the Maloof dynasty - I like her, but she's not very respectful of her marriage. To each his own.

Camille Grammer, now ex-wife of Kelsey. This was rough to watch last season, as she was just a woman with a broken heart trying to hold onto her dignity.

I wasn't familiar with Taylor Armstrong or Lisa Vanderpump. Their storylines were least intriguing to me in Season 1.

Now, Brandi Glanville has joined, and has sparring matches with several of the housewives.

Bring it Season 2!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... JessicaRN 08-18-11 1
 RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... jbug 08-18-11 2
   RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... Hoobie 08-18-11 3
 Season 2 Premiere Hoobie 09-06-11 4
 S2: Ep: 3 Hoobie 09-20-11 5
   RE: S2: Ep: 3 weltek 09-23-11 6
 RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... Lasann 10-11-11 7
   RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... MNgirl 10-28-11 8
       RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... Hoobie 10-28-11 9
           RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... MNgirl 11-02-11 10
               RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... Agman2 02-19-16 16
 RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... Das Mole 11-11-11 11
 RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... Lasann 12-13-11 12
 RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... Agman2 03-12-15 13
   RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... Agman2 03-12-15 14
 RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hill... Agman2 02-19-16 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-18-11, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
This is my favorite of the housewife series also, but I'm not sure it should air as scheduled. You can bet that one of the main focuses will be Taylor and Russell fighting and separating, and then some blurb on the screen about how sorry Bravo is for his tragic death.

I just don't think the probably "aggressive, juicy" footage is fair as the last representation for their daughter and other members of his family. I don't care about Taylor really.

It should be interesting to see what Bravo does, because the situation will create more interest and viewers than ever before.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16999 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-11, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
I have never watched even one of any of these shows.
That said, exactly what is the concept for the show?

Do they follow "real" I mean "real" people - friends? acquaintances? - around in their daily lives?
taking kids to school?
fixing dinner?
working?

Joker Original 8/2011

08-18-11, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
Aww, you're missing out!

Yes, the housewives (along with friends and family) are followed around in their daily lives by a camera crew. There is probably some forced drama thrown in by production. They generally host several parties or trips, which I'm sure are paid for by Bravo, to add to the drama. But, the NY housewives have all insisted that it's "real".

Since OC premiered, it has felt a bit scripted, but I still believe that 90% of what goes on is real. I also believe in the Tooth Fairy, btw.

One of the reasons I like these shows is that they are age-appropriate (mostly). It's sort of like "The Hills" for the non-millennial generation.

09-06-11, 08:16 PM (EST)
4. "Season 2 Premiere"
So, they begin with the ladies (sans Taylor) meeting up at the Maloof mansion. Those with husbands (Kyle & Lisa) have their husbands present. All are teary-eyed, to discuss the suicide. Kyle's husband, Mauricio, is a bit dismissive and hostile that Russell would be so selfish. Kyle sort of rebutted him. This intro lasted 4 minutes. I only saw one other PSA at the very end, and it was more of a hotline number/still than an advertisement.

Cut to the show...all is centered around a dinner party at Adrienne's house. Taylor divulges that she and Russell are in therapy, and Lisa' husband Ken says, out of turn, that he would feel "weak" if he had to resort to therapy. Taylor goes in the bathroom to cry, and Kyle consoles her. Lisa and Ken then leave the dinner party, feeling quite uncomfortable...this is after they allow Giggy to drink out of a $550 champagne glass - an action that made Adrienne audibly gasp. I was slightly surprised that Russell wasn't in attendance at this dinner party - but neither was Mauricio.

Not much else happened - Kim/Kyle are still a bit tense with one another after the alcohol fueled fight last year. Camille is quiet and reserved. The promos for the rest of the season look like a lot of fights. We have not yet been introduced to the ex-Mrs Eddie Cibrian/ Brandi Glanville, but she appears to be a troublemaker from the previews.

I miss Watch What Happens Live.

Please join in with me on Monday nights~

09-20-11, 03:45 PM (EST)
5. "S2: Ep: 3"
Posting for my own enjoyment, as apparently I am the only viewer.

This week's episode was really difficult to watch. The ladies are all in (Vail?) Colorado at Camille's house, which she will need to sell-off soon.

Taylor (combined with low body weight, high altitude, steamy hot-tub and alcohol) has a nervous breakdown. I was down right scared looking at her crazy-eyes. The editors are really painting Lisa into a corner.

Of course, hind sight aside, all of this seems like a logical reaction: Taylor is going through a rough patch in her marriage and considering divorce. She just got sad, and the ladies are telling her to snap out of it. Knowing what we do...this is a psychological case study. I feel like I was invading Taylor's privacy by watching her fallout.

I believe that she is in control of what pieces of her life are to be aired. It seems to me that Bravo is allowing her final say on what makes it to air. She is rubber stamping these scenes and allowing America to see them, because it makes her look like a victim and not a gold-digger. Nobody really knows.

It's intriguing to watch, but very sad. I wonder how the ratings are.

weltek 16934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-11, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S2: Ep: 3"
I'm watching...sort of. I catch the eps in re-runs.
Just watched the Colorado ep last night with Taylor's breakdown. I also watched her on Dr. Phil yesterday during my day off. She's seems to be in a better place, but this whole circus with Russell's family is going to get ugly. Dr. Phil showed photos of Taylor in the hospital after Russell hit her and she needed eye surgery. Ugh.

I like Lisa, but boy she loves that dog a little too much.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-11-11, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
I'm very addicted to this show. I started watching it last season because I was curious about Camille Grammer. By the end of last season I was very disallusioned with Kyle.

After last nights crazy episode it is now a fact that Kyle is that beautiful mean girl we all hated in high school and beyond. Brandi had it right, Kyle is a classless B@ich.

Go Ozzy - go Ozzy - go Ozzy

MNgirl 214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-28-11, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MNgirl Click to send private message to MNgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
I started watching this one because I grew up watching Kim Richards in, well, just about everything in the '70s and I was curious about what happened to her.

It must not have been good, because she is one hot mess. I feel bad for her though. By all accounts, her mother was a big-time Gypsy Lee Rose type stage mother and I'm sure she didn't have much of a childhood and grew up too fast.

I bet that house in Palm Springs was bought with her money and it was probably pretty much stolen from her. She's been through a lot and probably has some type of addiction affecting her life. She seems very sad and it's sad to see. Although, on the game night episode, she was being flat out mean to Brandy, and I didn't feel too much pity for her at that moment.

These shows are crazy, aren't they? I don't know why I watch this stuff. I shouldn't be entertained by it, but I just can't help it. Sick, sick , sick. This and New Jersey. Who am I kidding, I'll probably watch Atlanta, too!

10-28-11, 03:06 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-11 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

Yeah - I actually feel bad for Kim this season, and think that Kyle is a bully. (This is opposite of how I viewed last season, where I thought Kyle could do no wrong). I think I heard Kyle say that she bought out her 2 sisters from the Palm Springs home after their mother died. While this is common - the amount that Kim said it was was $20K. $20,000!! That house is worth $750K easily, and probably much more. Kyle might have been trying to buy her out based on the 1970s purchase price.

Last season Kyle also implied that she and her husband financially support Kim. One of Kim's baby-daddys is a billionaire.

Things that make you go hmmmm

MNgirl 214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-02-11, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MNgirl Click to send private message to MNgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
I liked Kyle a lot too, but I'm starting to wonder. I don't mean to sound judgmental, like Kim's family, but her boyfriend...I don't even know what to say. Maybe he's a really nice guy, but surely she could do better looks-wise, right? He kind of creeped me out, actually. Why was he so twitchy? A little strange, that one.

Agman made me sparkle! October 2011

I mean, she went out with C. Thomas Howell, back when he was really cute (not so much anymore)! Maybe he was a total tool and this is the nicest guy ever. Who knows?

Agman2 1942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-19-16, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
I like that siggie! How awesome!

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-11-11, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
For anyone who cares to know, the game night fight is easily one of the most quotable things I have ever seen on television. Among my favorites are:

"I will f****** kill you."
"You are a pig. You are a slut pig."
"At least I don't do crystal meth in the bathroom all night long, b****."
"Seriously, you're a b****, f*** off."
"You are trashy and you are classless."

and finally,

"Enough!"

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-13-11, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
After last night's episode I feel even more for Kim. I feel her pain. She has spent her life doing what others wanted. She is so lost.

Anyone notice that Lisa can hardly stand anyone other than herself?

While Brandi is beyond my type, I do like her. Lots of poses for the few men that watch.

I'm also so sick of Adriene's treatment of her husband. I wonder why they married other than their heritage.

Taylor, oh Taylor. Was it worth it to be married to a rich man. I prefer being poor to being in that situation.

Go Ozzy - go Ozzy - go Ozzy

03-12-15, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
Since I never did watch the show, I promise I won't comment on it here. Is that okay with everyone?

03-12-15, 06:16 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
Seriously, I'm most happy not to comment if you guys tell me not to!

02-19-16, 04:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
HEre comes da Hoob!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •