The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Real Housewives of New York City"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-08, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Real Housewives of New York City"
Dare I start this?

Most people would think that it's the same as the RHOC. But, I think this cast is oh-so-much-more annoying:

1) Countess LuAnn - married a Count, and is the most likeable of the bunch.

2) Bethenny - the chick who was on Martha Stewart's Apprentice. Not even a housewife.

3) Alex - Very pretentious, and her mushiness with her hubby is vomit-inducing (and not in a good way!) Funny, she says that she would never want to live in the suburbs, and makes a face. She and her family live in Brooklyn, while all the others live in Manhattan.

4) Ramona - Wants to be nouveau riche, but just isn't.

5) Jill - Eh, she's ok...but it's kind of annoying how she is constantly trying to get her husband and her teenage daughter to have a closer relationship. It's far too forced, and I feel uncomfortable for both of them.

Only 7 episodes will be aired. Their touwnhouses are in excess of $1M, and are tiny. No parking, etc.

Share the pain with me!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Real Housewives of New York Cit... aquariaqueen 03-21-08 1
   RE: Real Housewives of New York Cit... JessicaRN 03-21-08 2
   RE: Real Housewives of New York Cit... Dog Chain 03-25-08 3
 RE: Real Housewives of New York Cit... sonomajer 03-31-08 4
 Bethanny's boxes aquariaqueen 04-01-08 5
   RE: Bethanny's boxes topmodelchick 04-01-08 6
   RE: Bethanny's boxes Dog Chain 04-02-08 7
       RE: Bethanny's boxes aquariaqueen 04-02-08 8
           RE: Bethanny's boxes Dog Chain 04-03-08 9
 April 8th episode Simon really is ... aquariaqueen 04-09-08 10
   RE: April 8th episode Simon really... Sidecar 04-09-08 11
       RE: April 8th episode Simon really... weltek 04-16-08 12
           Finale---April 15th aquariaqueen 04-16-08 13
               RE: Finale---April 15th weltek 04-18-08 14
                   RE: Finale---April 15th JessicaRN 04-18-08 15
                       RE: Finale---April 15th aquariaqueen 04-18-08 16
 Reunion show....April 22nd aquariaqueen 04-23-08 17
   RE: Reunion show....April 22nd stravinskyrocks 04-23-08 18
       RE: Reunion show....April 22nd JessicaRN 04-23-08 19
           RE: Reunion show....April 22nd aquariaqueen 04-24-08 20
   RE: Reunion show....April 22nd flgirl 04-29-08 21
       RE: Reunion show....April 22nd aquariaqueen 04-29-08 22
           RE: Reunion show....April 22nd flgirl 04-29-08 23
 RE: Real Housewives of New York Cit... Agman2 02-19-16 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-21-08, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Real Housewives of New York City"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-08 AT 09:41 AM (EST)

1) Countess LuAnn - married a Count, and is the most likeable of the bunch.
**I agree, she's probably the more practical of the bunch. She could be my friend pretty easily.
2) Bethenny - the chick who was on Martha Stewart's Apprentice. Not even a housewife.
**I don't know her from MSA, but she seems a little more down to earth as well, except for the fact that she wants to desperately be married and have a child with a man who doesn't answer her question. He's not her guy, and she's wasting time with him.

3) Alex - Very pretentious, and her mushiness with her hubby is vomit-inducing (and not in a good way!) Funny, she says that she would never want to live in the suburbs, and makes a face. She and her family live in Brooklyn, while all the others live in Manhattan.
**She's from Kansas! Can you imagine if she lived in a suburb in Kansas how much more of a house she could have with the money she has in that little tiny place of hers? Her relationship with her husband is just not right. I think he's hiding something about himself from her! And a kid named Francois will get his ##### kicked in!!! And she's the least attractive of them all!!!

4) Ramona - Wants to be nouveau riche, but just isn't.
**I don't know if she wants to still be a teenager or a cougar???? She grates on me. How is Avery so well balanced? The pressures may catch up with her in her teens though.

5) Jill - Eh, she's ok...but it's kind of annoying how she is constantly trying to get her husband and her teenage daughter to have a closer relationship. It's far too forced, and I feel uncomfortable for both of them.
** I could take her in small doses, but her voice annoys me. I agree, she pushes her husband and daughter too much.

Their touwnhouses are in excess of $1M, and are tiny. No parking, etc.
**Crazy to me!

Share the pain with me!
** I enjoy shows like this. But OC was a little more fun. They're both obnoxious in their own ways. But you couldn't ever have them together at a gathering...it just wouldn't work.

ETA: If Alex has family still in KS, I wonder what they think of her comment???

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-21-08, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Real Housewives of New York City"
I do watch the other housewives and get annoyed by them, but somehow they are not quite so pretentious. They actually are kind of goofy and I think they kind of get it that they are living in excess. The New York Housewives have no charm or any sense of reality. I tried the first 2 shows and couldn't sit through it. (And I agree that Alex's husband Simon could possibly have some Larry Craig/Ted Haggard tendencies.)

Dog Chain 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-25-08, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dog%20Chain Click to send private message to Dog%20Chain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Real Housewives of New York City"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-08 AT 10:04 AM (EST)

>3) Alex - Very pretentious, and
>her mushiness with her hubby
>is vomit-inducing (and not in
>a good way!) Funny, she
>says that she would never
>want to live in the
>suburbs, and makes a face.
>She and her family live
>in Brooklyn, while all the
>others live in Manhattan.
>**She's from Kansas! Can you
>imagine if she lived in
>a suburb in Kansas how
>much more of a house
>she could have with the
>money she has in that
>little tiny place of hers?
> Her relationship with her
>husband is just not right.
> I think he's hiding
>something about himself from her!
> And a kid named
>Francois will get his #####
>kicked in!!! And she's
>the least attractive of them
>all!!!
>
----------------------------------------------------
I'd say that li'l Francois will get his @ss kicked on a
regular basis but he's probably never going to be allowed
near a playground .... it might interfere with him getting
into the 13th or 14th best daycare in NYC .. or worse yet,
he might break a nail and not be able to play his oboe or
violin! LOL

message to Kansas City poser: MIX IN SOME BRACES! your grill
does NOT make you look like you've been anywhere in your life
other than a trailer park in Manhattan ... Manhattan, KS that is!

sonomajer 13 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-08, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sonomajer Click to send private message to sonomajer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Real Housewives of New York City"

This show is like a horrible accident that you can't look away from. Alex and hubby are idiotic caricatures of those they obviously admire. They're pathetic, virtueless social climbers, obsessed with "making conections". The countess seems the most "real". Ramona is just awful, not even chic. Jill is consumed with her self importance. They're fun to hate!

04-01-08, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Bethanny's boxes"
Anyone paying attention to her diary sessions in her apartment? She always has a stack of coordinating hat boxes in the background, they seem to change color schemes. But there is always a stack of hat boxes, nonetheless.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-08, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bethanny's boxes"
I hadn't noticed the boxed - but about this show, I kinda like it...those chicks are a trip

Luann, Jill and Bethany are the favorites - the other two need some reality checks - at least these three are honest (Ramona is a big fat liar and she's got some serious issues trying to come across as young, she needs to grow up) and don't seem soooo pretentious, I think Jill is a really nice lady, who genuinely likes her friends and tries to help them as much as she can...but like Bethany says she's like black licorice, take it or leave it...

I will look out for the boxes tonight, cause I think the show is on, but you all know Bravo if I miss it once, I can catch it a hundred other times.....

04-02-08, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dog%20Chain Click to send private message to Dog%20Chain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bethanny's boxes"
>Anyone paying attention to her diary
>sessions in her apartment? She
>always has a stack of
>coordinating hat boxes in the
>background, they seem to change
>color schemes. But there
>is always a stack of
>hat boxes, nonetheless.

I really wish they would show Bethanny's box .. but that might be another type of show --- she does have one helluva rack on her as well

04-02-08, 10:46 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Bethanny's boxes"
I did NOT notice any on the 4/1 episode.....

04-03-08, 03:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Bethanny's boxes"
you didn't notice her rack? she was wearing something fairly revealing in one scene where she was talking to a friend of her's near the water --- also remember thinking that it must have been kinda cold in one of the other scenes

04-09-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
10. "April 8th episode Simon really is a girl!!"
Where to start!

Simon coming to a girl's night out. It's weird that HE didn't feel uncomfortable! And I think it wasn't classy at all for him to come. I would be offended if he came. I liken it to going to an party for adults to have time away from my kids to go and someone brings their kids and they feel the need to entertain me all night long. You don't know who to smack, the kid or the parent!

Alex...does she look like a horse to anyone else? Those teeth and that crappy unhealthy hair. How about that house? They are so much into impressing others and they live in a delapitated slum. "Sumptin aint rite!" Pretentious is too nice of a word to waste on them.

Bethenny... what a strong personality she has, but I can't say that she really isn't too off base either. I love some of her snarky comments. I don't think she's met her soulmate yet.

Jill...I sit at the head of the table. That was funny. She tried to create a nice atmosphere for girls night out. She's okay. Her sister and mother are hoots. The apple didn't fall too far, did it?

Luanna...I really like her. It's frustrating that she isn't seen filling her son's needs. Hopefully, that is happening when the cameras are off and he's just trying to create a little unneeded drama. And Luann explaining that she should be introduced at Mrs. Luann Such and Such. At least she didn't say Countess Such and Such.

Ramona is a little harder for me to relate to. Maybe, just maybe her story about her parents make sense. I don't know.

I just started to figure out everyone and now we only have one more episode....darn it.

Sidecar 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-09-08, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sidecar Click to send private message to Sidecar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: April 8th episode Simon really is a girl!!"
I really thought this was the best episode in the series so far. Great insight into all the characters, so I was disappointed when I found out that next week is the final episode. At first I was annoyed that Bethany"Martha Stewart Apprentice LOSER" was on the show. But she is the one "bridge" for all the other women, she gets in there and gets them to reveal interesting insights about themselves. I will miss this "guilty pleasure"

weltek 16934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-08, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: April 8th episode Simon really is a girl!!"
Yep, I was just starting to get interested in the ladies. I think this series is a little less interesting than RHofOC, though.

JILL-I ended up generally liking Jill. I thought I'd hate her from the first few episodes. She's that friend that drives you nuts, but you still have to love her.

LUANN-She's so beautiful and together. I agree with everyone here-I like her.

RAMONA-Ugh. Trying too hard to be younger than she is. She's acts like whiney child.

SIMON & ALEX-He's as much a housewife of NYC as she is. I have a high school friend that brings her husband everywhere (and did to a recent girl's night out...what a coincidence!!!!!). I was way not impressed with their kids at the finale dinner party. Nor was I impressed with Alex's ugly outfit. And could her hair be any worse?

BETHENY-I'm undecided about her. She seems cool, but then gets so wrapped up in the "must get married and have children" thing, not to mention her family issues. I think she sports a lot of baggage and needs a lot of therapy.

-A Shamrocktastic SharTribe Creation!

04-16-08, 02:08 PM (EST)
13. "Finale---April 15th"
LuAnn, my favorite.

Jill, second favorite. She's what I call a friend but only in small doses.

Bethenny, wow, some of her comments!! I had a friend just like her for about 25 years....no longer. I like to think I grew up, she got worse.

Ramona, come on, girl! Enough is enough...about almost everything in your life.

Alex, are you really that shallow? She and her sons look like they fix their hair with a handmixer! And their lack of manners, utterly disgusting. Alex and her family would never be invited by me to go anywhere. Evah!

weltek 16934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-18-08, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Finale---April 15th"

>Alex, are you really that shallow?
> She and her sons
>look like they fix their
>hair with a handmixer!

Buwhahahaha!

-A Shamrocktastic SharTribe Creation!

04-18-08, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Finale---April 15th"
Alex and Simon are just gross to me, but their kid was cracking me up when he was playing around with the shapes in the psychologist office.
But OMG, I have not seen such awful behavior from kids in a very long time. The only thing that I can think is maybe the dinner lasted for hours.

It surprises me that their kids are allowed to eat all of the junk that they seem to eat. You would think they would eat only organic foods and something like no sugar, no wheat, etc.

04-18-08, 06:46 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Finale---April 15th"
Can you imagine if the producers actually edited Alex and Simon's footage and this is the BEST they could make them look?

That house, those kids, her looks.....scary.

04-23-08, 10:23 AM (EST)
17. "Reunion show....April 22nd"
Once again, Simon shows up!!!! Who is closer to being a "housewife" Bethenny or Simon????

Simon and Alex think they were edited to look pretentious!!!! I loved Bethenny calling her out on it. "Own it". Everyone else thought they, themselves, were reasonably portrayed as factual.

Ro-mean-a, this girl can hold a grudge!!!! She's coming out with a line of beauty products. She left the set when they were going to discuss Alex's nude photos...anyone have a link for them?

Jill, did a pretty good job of keeping it real. Not too sure I understand the "Team Jill" shirts....I'll have to check out the Bravo website to see what this is all about.

LuAnn, still the most likeable for me. I was a little disappointed that the comments from Rosie the housekeeper about the parents spending more time with the kids was directed by LuAnn as her referring to the Count. Well, LuAnn, maybe you could help with that void. She's going back into modeling. She seems quite delightful to me.

Bethenny, I really love her comments...she'd make a great poster here! She didn't want to discuss Jason, he only wanted to be on the show to bring attention to his sister's charity.

Overall, I liked this reunion show much more than OC. More fireworks.

Whadja think?

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

stravinskyrocks 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-23-08, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stravinskyrocks Click to send private message to stravinskyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Reunion show....April 22nd"
Okay, maybe it will work this time.

Ramona: biggest loser on the show. First of all, needs to get a good settlement from her plastic surgeon, who took too much of her eyes. The whole "no plastic surgery" comments were funny, but I don't think they were intended to be. She is the most shallow, dumbest, (sorry) character. She "walks out" to make her dumb little statements. Are they profound statements, or even semi-profound? Let's see, is she opposed to racism, child abuse, poverty, hunger, A.I.D.S, war? No, but she is opposed to being part of group discussing nude photos, so there! This girl has some standards! I was SOOO impressed. (Truly, who here does not pity her kid? Poor little thing ).

Also, I admit that it took a while, but I could finally see what I found so pretentious about all of them: the effort made NOT to smile, while in a group at a table, or pretty much anywhere. Smiling is "not kewel" for the ny moms. Anyone notice that? Since when did it become not cool to move one's face? It looked like junior high, or something. But, it was funny, and fun to hate.

Overall I found the single gal the most agreeable, and the Countess was nice, but I wish she'd spend way more time with her kids. Boarding school? Nineteenth century? I'm sure that really makes a child feel loved (not)

Everyone seemed to hate Alex, and I don't see why. Okay her kids were terrors at the party, so what? I've seen worse. Overall, fun show.

04-23-08, 10:21 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Reunion show....April 22nd"
If I had to be stranded on a desert island with the NY women or the OC women, I'd take the OC ones in a minute. They at least do smile and cut loose. This show kind of makes you miss Vicky (I think that's her name), who "woo hoos" at the top of her lungs. Can you imagine any of these women doing that. And for the most part, the OC women are much more connected to their kids.

04-24-08, 10:41 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Reunion show....April 22nd"
OC:
* Know how to laugh and have fun...
* Homes are so much nicer.
* Wonderful weather and scenery

NYC:
* Culture-however, even yogurt has culture!
* Diversity of people
* More pretentious-real or not. Substitute "reserved" for the nicer ones.

flgirl 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-08, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flgirl Click to send private message to flgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Reunion show....April 22nd"

>
>Bethenny, I really love her comments...she'd
>make a great poster here!
> She didn't want to
>discuss Jason, he only wanted
>to be on the show
>to bring attention to his
>sister's charity.
>

I was in NYC last week and read in the paper that Bethenny's Jason was fired by his employer for being involved with the show. They stated that they are a "private" firm and his participation violated his employment agreement. He has sued them for an obscene amount of money, not sure if he's also suing for his job back. Nice, huh?

04-29-08, 01:41 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Reunion show....April 22nd"
Have any links to this story???

flgirl 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-08, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flgirl Click to send private message to flgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Reunion show....April 22nd"
New York Post reported this the first week of April. I don't remember what paper I read last week, but here's a link to the Post's story.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04052008/gossip/pagesix/housewives_costs_exec_his_job_105032.htm

Agman2 1940 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-19-16, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Real Housewives of New York City"
Hoobie was here!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •