The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real Housewives of Orange County"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-29-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real Housewives of Orange County"
I was waiting for someone else to start it, but I guess nobody else is watching this show on Bravo. It's the story of 5 women in Coto de Caza-- an offshoot of Rancho Santa Margarita which is WAY INLAND. I used to live in RSM, and it SUCKS. Too hot, far removed from anything that matters and nothing to do!

Jeana- ex Playboy playmate, married to a baseball figure, and their son will be a 3rd generation MLB player. Married with 3 kids.

Kimberly- fake and annoying. Married with 2 kids.

Vicki- pretentious and annoying. Married with 2 kids.

Lauri- Divorced and working for Vicki. 3 kids.

Jo- engaged to a man with 2 kids who wants her to be a kept woman. She is NOT all that.

I'm watching for the "points of interest" factor, of which I have seen a few. But these women are not characteristic of what it's like to live in Orange County, and it is making me angry that America might think that. (No, most kids do not get a brand new BMW on their 16th birthday; the men are not obsessed with T&A).

I guess I can be consoled that nobody is actually watching it

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... weltek 03-29-06 1
   RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... shabalaba 03-30-06 2
 RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... RiverGirl 04-05-06 3
 RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... mocha madness 04-05-06 4
 RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... mtopaz 04-11-06 5
   RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... Hoobie 04-11-06 6
       RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... mtopaz 04-11-06 7
       RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... Agman2 02-19-16 11
 RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... Marqus64 05-10-06 8
 Where was Kim? mtopaz 05-10-06 9
 RE: The Real Housewives of Orange C... sweetdeal 05-12-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-06, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
Haven't seen it yet. It's one of those shows I'll check out on weekend reruns if nothing else is on. Kind of like Cheerleader Nation. I watch those shows to see how surreal people's lives are.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-30-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
well, I saw the ad for it in my magazine. Was curious (because I'm such a Desperate Housewives fan). When's it on?

RiverGirl 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RiverGirl Click to send private message to RiverGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
I live in Orange County, too, and checked it out last night out of curiosity. I wasn't surprised by what I saw at all. Definitely a Desperate Housewives wanna be.

I also know people who live in Coto, and other affluent areas of the County, and they are nothing like the people protrayed in the show.

But, it's tv, and no one is going to tune in to see someone like me live a boring life. Go to work, go home, have civilized conversations with my friends and family. No fake boobs, no BMW, no irritating 40-something party pals.

Oh, and that Jo woman? Will never stay with her fiencee. She is too young and not ready to settle down. That relationship has train wreck written all over it.

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-06, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
I also checked this show out, and it is like watching the Sweet Sixteen Show on MTV.....irritating, but watchable like a trainwreck. It is more interesting than that horrible creature Jonathan....who comes on before the Housewives. He is unwatchable.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-11-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
Wow, I caught several episodes last night, and was sickly fascinated. What a glimpse into a whole other world that some people inhabit!

Jeana- ex Playboy playmate, married to a baseball figure, and their son will be a 3rd generation MLB player. Married with 3 kids.
So, what exactly does her husband do for a living? All I could tell from the episodes is that he is "away a lot" on business. Are they sure he doesn't have a second family stashed somewhere? She says that he hasn't gone on a family vacation with them in a long time, he just pays for it. The kids compete with each other for money and expensive gifts? The ex bat-boy goes on vacation with them?

Kimberly- fake and annoying. Married with 2 kids.
What is up with those huge breast implants? Why is size C considered "not big enough" on petite body frame like hers? However, at least she's not living out her high school fantasies through her daughter (yet), like Vicki.

Vicki- pretentious and annoying. Married with 2 kids. Completely annoying. I was royally pissed at her snotty attitude toward Lauri, on their convention trip. Way to rub it in that you have all the money and Lauri doesn't, you beyotch!

Lauri- Divorced and working for Vicki. 3 kids. If I were here, I'd toss out the 20-year old daughter ASAP. That kid has entitlement written all over her, although it's probably not her fault. What happened to dad? She can't go mooch off him?

Jo- engaged to a man with 2 kids who wants her to be a kept woman. She is NOT all that.
When this relationship hits the rocks for good, she had better have a nice stash of jewelry to take with her. Girl! Don't return that engagement ring, whatever you do! Her fiance with his hideous biking outfits, flabby tummy, and delusions of "I'm all that and a bag of chips!" is hysterical. However, he's got the money, so he gets his pick of young, attractive women. However, I had to laugh when I saw Jo meeting up with a friend to go horseback riding in her stiletto heels!

Sig pic by JSlice

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-11-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
Great analysis of the gals!

Spot-on!

I too, am sickly fascinated. Too funny about taking the former batboy on vacations, and the missing hubby with the 2nd family.

Of the children:
Kara - Jeana's daughter, living in her brother's shadow. I like her a lot. She's witty, cute and not overly snotty. I hope she does well in life.

Ashley(?) - Lauri's daughter. She is such a brat, and needs to help her mom, not throw wild parties or dismiss her brother in juvy when he calls home for some love. I get the impression the dad left them all high and dry, and was a jerk about it. So, she can't go there.

Briana - Vicki's daughter. She has a good head on her shoulders. But you're right, her mom (and her aunt) are bee-yotches. How did her mom expect her to control her older brother for the weekend? And - where is Vicki's husband??

04-11-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
How did her mom expect her to control her older brother for the weekend? And - where is Vicki's husband??

The only shot I remember of Vicki's current husband was him washing one of the cars in the driveway, and basically saying that Vicki was a powerhouse. I have no idea what he does, but seems like he's along for the ride. The ex got flown in for Brianna's graduation on Vicki's dime, but I still feel for him, because then he had to endure being lectured and looked down upon by Vicki. Props to him for enduring the plasticity that is Vicki, just so he could show up and embarrass his daughter because he doesn't wear Tommy Bahama clothing, or the right jeans. If Brianna actually spent some time in the real world, she might have a chance of turning out halfway decent. But with her mom dogging her every step, in the effort to remain young, I don't hold out much hope for reality to intrude.

However, I shouldn't criticize too harshly because it's easy to get sucked into that life. I dated a So Cal guy while in college, and he had family who lived in gated communities, and had tons of money. When everyone around you is caught up in wearing the latest fashion, mentally tallying up your net worth, and it's all about the facade baby -- you can get swept up in that if you own personality isn't strong enough to resist.

Sig pic by JSlice

Agman2 1939 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-19-16, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
You'd have to be a real butt to have that siggie!

Marqus64 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-10-06, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Marqus64 Click to send private message to Marqus64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
I just started watching the show just recently myself and found it interesting but as some of the characters pointed out a little plastic ""as in credit card plastic"". The show reminded me of the late night soaps like dynasty,dallas and falcon crest over excessiveness on top of greed and wanted uncontrolled spending. But as the characters again pointed out if you work hard you spend hard. I do wish to offer my points in terms to their kids THEY ARE INDEED SPOILED AND LAZY. Kimberly's son I'd had him working the minute I saw his grades from a 4.0 to a 1.0 Kimberly practically had to begg him to get a job. While I don't have kids myself that's not the way to inspire good hard working values in your children that's just my point.

Lauri's daughter is equally spoiled and a bite of an air head first how can you not now how much your car note is and what your responsibility is to pay back on a monthly basis especailly when you're given a payment plan to maintain. And when she quite her job after she got the car I'd have had it taken back anybody even a blind man could've seen what was coming atleast she's working now and seems to be getting her act together, on a personal note Lauri is indeed a mother I'd want to f**k.

Jo and Slade what can be said of them that all of America hasn't said Slade needs to grow up as much as Jo does she's not ready for marriage and the responsibility it intells. They're both on the wrong page and trying to keep the relationship together for god only knows what reason. Possible sex or some misguided since of love Lauri shouldn't have gotten involved with Slade so soon after the breakup she should known that was a smart move never mind the supposed friendship with Jo but she was just rebound relationship and she'd just broken up herself so she wasn't ready either. Jo had no reason to go off in the club in LA two months after the fact and DID SHE EVER RETURN THE BENZ?

Al in all it was an interesting show a side of America you don't see anymore that atleast eight percent of America couldn't begin to comprehend, with sky high gas prices, uncertain job futures the show does seem very self indulgent but it is very funny and interesting and I think it's better than desperate housewives any day of the week.

05-10-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
9. "Where was Kim?"
So I watched part of the reunion show last night, but stopped after I realized that Kimberly wasn't going to be included. So I don't know if the producers explained her absence at the end or not.

Here are a few random thoughts:

1. Jo - maybe she really is 24 years old. Sounds like she stalked Slade around to various nightclubs. Laughed at her use of the word "randomly," as in "I just randomly went to a club in L.A." and Slade happened to be there. Actually, it was probably a bit of mutual, juvenile stalking on both their parts.

However, the part about the end of her friendship with Kimberly, and how allegely Kim was lying about Slade and Lauri sleeping together? How wierd was that? Did Kim strike anyone else as the kind to spread false rumors for reasons unknown? Of Kim and Jo, who seems the most likely to be a big liar?

2. Slade - I tap him as most likely to be indicted for fraudulent business dealing. He reeks of "ends justify the means." He and Jo are perfect for one another.

3. Jeana: Okay, was the dad in rehab much of the time of the filming of the show? Does that explain his absence? I'm soooo glad to hear that Jeana got more real estate business out of the show. Maybe she can even buy her daughter a Hummer, so she'll be "safe."

4. Vicki: What is there to say. Interesting pity play about how she's deaf in one ear due to numerous surgeries. A little TMI about the brain bulging into her ear canal, but maybe that explains her disconnect with reality. Now that she can't relive her adolescence through her kids, what will she do?

5. Lauri: Strangely enough, Lauri is the one most likeable to me. I believe her when she says Slade assured her he and Jo were definitely over, and I think she accidentally got caught up in their wierd tango. I would have liked a glimpse of her new beau.

However, I didn't really care too much about any of these people. They just seem too self-indulgent and out of touch with the reality of most of the population. At what point will their gated community kick them out for being too old to live there any longer? I'm sure there must be some regulation that requires anyone over the age of 59 to move out.

Sig pic by JSlice

sweetdeal 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetdeal Click to send private message to sweetdeal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Real Housewives of Orange County"
This show is a little waked Joe is an alcoholic living off of Slade and he so stupid he foots the bill for everything. You really never see Joe interacting with his children @ all…Slade needs to stop thinking about his penis and start thinking of his children and what his relationship with Joe must be doing to his children…Laurie who dated Slade after he break up with Joe. Laurie is a mess and her kids a lives are a mess…She is Co-Dependent person and last thing she needs in her life is a man ..She needs to fix herself and her children’s lives and needs a realty check when she thinks she can compete with 20 yr olds…No matter how much Botox or surgery she has …You can still tell she in her 40’s and should be proud of it…It interesting to see that no matter how much money you have you can still be White Trash …MONEY CANNOT BY CLASS AND IT’S OBVIOUS ON THIS SHOW

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •