The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kids rebel against filming?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Jon & Kate Plus 8 Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-26-09, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kids rebel against filming?"
It may be that Jon isn't the only member of the Gosselin family that wants to wrap up this show.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32555385/ns/entertainment-gossip

"The kids staged a sit-in — a revolt," Jon Gosselin told Life & Style on Aug. 13. “They didn’t want to work today.”

This isn’t the first time the kids haven’t wanted to “work.” On Aug. 7, after a day of filming for TLC's "Jon & Kate Plus 8," the magazine reports that the eight Gosselin kids were pressured into continuing to film beyond their wishes.

An eyewitness told the magazine that “once the kids returned home, the film crew kept yelling at them to film more outside. They seemed really tired, but the crew kept pushing them.”

But one member of the Gosselin family has no intention of letting her meal ticket off the show:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32566763/ns/entertainment-celebrities

So will the entire family continue the show? Kate would not speak for Jon, who, according to reports, would like to be done filming, but said she'll plans to keep shooting.

“Myself and the kids will continue the show," she said. "I signed my name to a contract and I am going to do my best to make that work as long as it is healthy and safe for myself and the kids.”

Does that mean there will be another season of Jon & Kate Plus 8? "Possibly," Gosselin said. "There could be or there could not be."

I guess it depends upon whether Kate wins sole custody and can force the kids to do it, even if they don't want to.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kids rebel against filming? Snidget 08-26-09 1
   RE: Kids rebel against filming? vince3 08-26-09 3
 RE: Kids rebel against filming? vince3 08-26-09 2
 RE: Kids rebel against filming? frodis 08-26-09 4
   RE: Kids rebel against filming? vince3 08-27-09 5
       RE: Kids rebel against filming? frodis 08-27-09 6
           RE: Kids rebel against filming? Snidget 08-27-09 7
       RE: Kids rebel against filming? mtopaz 10-02-09 11
 RE: Kids rebel against filming? true 08-27-09 8
   RE: Kids rebel against filming? Max Headroom 08-31-09 9
 RE: Kids rebel against filming? samboohoo 08-31-09 10
   RE: Kids rebel against filming? HobbsofMI 10-03-09 13
 RE: Kids rebel against filming? mtopaz 10-02-09 12
 Labor laws, next round vince3 07-14-10 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
Sooner or later they are going to figure out they have her outnumbered. Although she does have the camera crew on her side, that may count for something.

So, how many nanoseconds after the twins turn 18 until the first tell-all book comes out?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-09, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
I think the kids are either 9 or 10, so by then they might have also blogged about it or something.......

08-26-09, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
The only problem is, does the camera crew want to film a full-scale 8 kid riot? Especially since that would definitely be a factor in any kind of custody hearings.........

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-26-09, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
Are the kids considered child actors? Are they subject to child labor laws or is reality tv not considered "work?"

08-27-09, 03:23 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
I think they might be under child labor law.......

Didn't Kid Nation have some issues due to child labor law people?

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-27-09, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
From what I understand of child labor laws, which is very little, they vary by state. California has fairly extensive laws regarding child actors, understandably.

I'm just wondering if the Gosselin kids are considered child actors if they're not really being paid to work as actors. (Or, are they even being paid at all?)

Does Pennsylvania have labor/actor laws that apply to them or, since Jon and Kate are the ones getting the paychecks, are the kids just set decorations? I'm wondering if their filming time is regulated in any way.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-09, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
It sounds like some people think there may be some regulations they have to follow, but all I could find was at the investigation stage.

http://www.nj.com/parenting/maria_andreu/index.ssf/2009/05/jon_and_kate_plus_8_under_chil.html

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-02-09, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
While California has some fairly decent labor laws regarding child actors, they may or may not necessarily apply to children being filmed in a "reality" tv show. The Gosselins are primarily filmed in their home state of PA, which doesn't even have similar laws to California as to child actors. The laws need to be revised and federal laws put in place to protect children who are placed on reality tv shows, to ensure a) an equal percentage of the fees paid to the participants goes into trust for that child. In the Gosselins case, one-tenth of the money paid per episode should go into trust for each child; b) strict guidelines regarding the number of hours a child can be filmed consecutively, as well as per day, per week, etc. At the very least, the laws need to be changed to incorporate these safeguards.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-09, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
When do these people find the time to raise kids, or film a tv show when they're being interviewed by tabloids 24/7?

These two idjuts need a big steaming cup of stfu. I don't care if the media is camped out in your driveway, if you stop talking to them they will eventually go away. Jon & Kate = biggest.DAWS.ever.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-09, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
^^^points up^^^

Yeah, what she said.

A SharTribe creation!

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-09, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
Frankly, I don't believe a word Jon says. Not siding with Kate, but I don't believe him.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-09, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
I don't believe either one. They are both looking out for themselves and not their kids.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-02-09, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kids rebel against filming?"
I really feel for these children. The youngest ones have been filmed nearly every single day of their entire lives. Their most private moments on display in perpetuity - their first poops in a potty for heaven's sake!! How sick is that?

The fact that Kate seems oblivious to this invasion of privacy tells me she's not really a caring mom at all.

07-14-10, 05:37 PM (EST)
14. "Labor laws, next round"
There might again be a problem.... It seems that the permit allowing the sextuplets to be on the show was based on a law concerning films not TV.....

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/pennsylvania-lawmaker-questioning-legality-of-kate-plus-8-work-permits-11325.php

Here we go again....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •