The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"divorce"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Jon & Kate Plus 8 Forum (Protected)
Original message

lrlaudisi 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-23-09, 05:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlaudisi Click to send private message to lrlaudisi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"divorce"
Jon and Kate, I am a school teacher in Ct. I have seen many children over the last 22 years. Divorce turns those wonderful children into sad and completeley different individuals. Quite honestly, it ruins your children. It feels like a death to them. I also babysit for a friends daughter and son who lost their mom 3 years ago. These children would do anything to have their mom back. This has changed them tremendously. Unfortunately, they can't get their mom back, but Jon and Kate, can't you figure something out for your children? You both say it's all about the children, but it really is all about you. There are marriage councelors that can help save your marriage. A family unit means just that. Family stays together unless there is abuse. Work it out. You are teaching your children bad relationship skills and that it is easy to get out when the going gets tough. Communication is a powerful tool. You are all in this together. Good luck!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: divorce Starshine 06-23-09 1
   RE: divorce HobbsofMI 06-23-09 2
       RE: divorce mindy23 06-23-09 3
 RE: divorce byoffer 06-23-09 4
 RE: divorce cipher5150 06-23-09 5
 RE: divorce - AMEN KevinAnne 06-23-09 6
 For the record: Estee 06-24-09 7
 RE: divorce Agman2 04-12-16 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-23-09, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: divorce"
In some respects I agree with you, however I have two points.

Firstly we do not know if John and Kate have been having counselling away from the camera.

And secondly, to my mind bringing children up in a house where the parents relationship has broken down is much worse than having the parents split up, it keeps them away from the arguments and sniping, and also raises the possibility of a step parent.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HobbsofMI 16055 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-09, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: divorce"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 04:56 AM (EST)

As a a kid who's parents should have divorced, I could not agree more. Making each other miserable was what made them happy and the kids knew it and felt it every day.

Jon seems very happy to be free, while it seems Kate finally realized that maybe she is too hard on Jon. They lived for their kids but they forgot about themselves. Kate did not want to hear Jon but Jon did now want to be heard. So both of them are at fault and I feel for the kids because they can get the DVD's later in life and see how it all came apart.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-23-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: divorce"

I feel for the
>kids because they can get
>the DVD's later and life
>and see how it all
>came apart.

So so sad, and true!! These kids will be living with this forever, and who will be there to pick up the pieces for all eight of them?? How can one or two people, who are so fixated on themselves, possible string themselves out that far-far enough to help THAT many little souls get through this safely and in a healthy way?? SAD SAD SAD!!! I hate what this is doing to those babies! As all of us do.
>
>GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley
>Cup Champs!
>sig JSlice and by IceCat, and
>bobble head by Tribephyl

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-09, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: divorce"
Family stays together unless there is abuse.

Have you ever seen the way Kate speaks to Jon?

I have to agree with Starshine. While I would prefer not to have ever divorced, I am sure that I am in a much better relationship now, and that showing my kids this better relationship is better than putting them through years of seeing a broken one.

Marriage councelors? Definitely not magic healers of marriages.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-23-09, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: divorce"
How do you know that they didn’t go to any marriage counseling?

It is in the best interest of children to be raised in a peaceful home filled with love. They deserve to know what a loving adult relationship is like. I find the idea that two miserable people should stay in a miserable relationship for the sake of the “family unit” to be absurd. I agree that people should make a concerted effort to work on their problems and try to save their marriage. But at some point it becomes obvious that some marriages cannot be saved. If the children you know whose parents are divorced are miserable, imagine how much more miserable they would be if they lived in a house with two adults who disliked, or even hated, one another.

Divorce is never easy and I don’t think this was some frivolous decision by J&K. I hope they find happiness.

KevinAnne 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-23-09, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KevinAnne Click to send private message to KevinAnne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: divorce - AMEN"
Irlaudisi, I could not agree with you more. They each say that this is what "has" to happen and that they were doing their "best" for their children. I'm sorry but that is simply BS. Loving your spouse often is more an act of your will than a feeling. Act out that love and the feelings will follow - I promise, I know.

The only thing in this that would be good for those poor kids is for their parents to be slapped in the face, take responsibility for the reality of their situation and FIX IT. Jon clearly checked out of that marriage long ago and I can't say I blame him - she is often downright verbally abusive on film. HOWEVER, Kate is so frustrated with Jon by his seemingly irresponsible behavior that I can't say I blame her either.

Both are at fault and as you said, are only thinking about themselves. Jon - you may only be 32 but you should have thought about that before you fathered 8 children. Your feelings don't give you the rights to ruin the lives of these human beings.

So frustrated....was once a loyal view but I AM OUT.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "For the record:"
Kate is never going to (in her eyes) stoop low enough to venture onto a message board and find out what the common folk think of her. If you want to send a letter to her, you're better off hiring a plane to tow a banner.

Jon might show up, but it'll take a while. Kate wouldn't let him have his own computer, so he'll need a few days to pick something out, figure out a password, think of a name she won't recognize...

Agman2 2620 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-12-16, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: divorce"
You only posted once and that was almost 7 years ago.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •