The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kate wants the revenue stream"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Jon & Kate Plus 8 Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-09, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kate wants the revenue stream"
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-09 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

Confirming my original theory that Kate would never agree to shared custody because it would cut off her access to the revenue stream that the kids represent to her:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/report-jon-%26-kate-star-kate-gosselin-seek-full-custody-of-kids-9438.php

For all the high-minded platitudes that Kate's "source" spouts herein, this has been a very carefully organized marketing campaign to get Kate the kids and the money. I've pointed out several times, over the series of posts, how this all fits together with her attempt at full custody. That's why (unlike Jon) she never bought another residence and stayed at a motel when Jon had the kids: she wants the house.

Frankly, I don't think either of these "idjuts" (to use true's term) deserve custody without supervision. I certainly would never give either of them full custody. But I'm sure we'll see some more activity from Kate's marketing campaign (including on the boards here) to support her power play.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kate wants the revenue stream Snidget 08-28-09 1
 RE: Kate wants the revenue stream djnew 10-06-09 2
   RE: Kate wants the revenue stream mtopaz 10-07-09 3
   RE: Kate wants the revenue stream usafeslmommy 10-09-09 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-09, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kate wants the revenue stream"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-09 AT 06:52 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-28-09 AT 06:52 AM (EST)

Usually something drastic has to be going on for one parent to get full custody.

Jealousy because one parent can get hot young things to work as a baby sitter usually isn't in the realm of drastic.

Jon may be a young guy that thinks with his hormones a bit too much but that isn't so dangerous and so child-like that he can't be allowed to be with the kids. Yeah, he's been a jerk, but if we took away custody for being a jerk at any time between the birth and emancipation of your kid we'd have more kids being wards of the state than living at home.

Even if they let them live with her in the house almost all the time it is unlikely they will revoke all visitation or the ability to make decisions about the kids education, medical needs, and exploitation.

I don't know if she'll be able to find a judge that agrees that Kate is the only human allowed to make decisions.

ETA: a few words to clarify a point.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

djnew 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-06-09, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djnew Click to send private message to djnew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kate wants the revenue stream"
My mom and dad raised seven children. My dad worked two jobs and my mom started back to work when my youngest brother started school. We didn't have fancy cloths, a big house, wonderful vacations, crooked houses..etc etc. We were happy, we always had everything we needed to be strong, happy and healthy children.

So, when I hear Kate spout off that she doesn't have any money for her kids or to pay bills... I get ticked off! What? just because she had six kids at the same time... this makes her so damn special that she can't get off her butt, and find a job? Same with Jon. They got lucky that TLC came along and gave this wonderful oppurtunity.

The Dilley's (first set of sextuplets born in America) did it. They didn't have a show, nanny's or anyone else to help them. Their kids are now 16 and very well adjusted. (oh I am sure they got donations and such... but not to the extent as Jon and Kate)

My point is this.... if it is all about the kids, as the both of them say, then stop the show... find jobs and take care of your kids. Keep you personal crap away from the media, and don't rely on anyone else to take care of your family. People do it all the time.

Jon and Kate you are not that special... but your kids are. Stop this media circus.. shut off the camera's and start having a normal life. Sure, you may not be able to take all your trips, and have your fancy cars.. and designer cloths, surgery's .. should I go on? But you could have complete and total joy with your 8 beautiful children. There is nothing wrong with having to budget and giving up a few of the finer things that most of us will never have.

They should think about that..... my mom and dad did it, and all of us are well adjusted adults, who love our parents for everything they did for us.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-07-09, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kate wants the revenue stream"
What a wonderful post! I couldn't agree more. From what I understand, the Gosselins have made millions of dollars during the run of this show. Now, if they've spent unwisely, squandering it frivolously on the McMansion, high end cars, expensive jewelry, and unnecessary bodyguards, that's their own fault.

Kate can work as a RN, and earn quite decent money. She'd also have access to health insurance through that job, for herself and the kids. She wants a talk show, but honestly -- could that woman carry off a talk show? She's boring as a post and can only talk about herself. She needs to start thinking more realistically, as she should have years ago, when she and Jon had only two children which they could pretty much afford to raise. Going for more babies when you are just making ends meet to begin with is just irresponsible.

Secondly, you really should never depend on your minor children to bring in the income needed to support them. That's irresponsible as well.

If Kate isn't sure how to support a family of 8, maybe she can talk to the Dilleys, or other families with multiples, and get some good suggestions.

Heck, I had 7 siblings growing up and I know how my parents cut corners to make ends meet. We wore hand me downs, drank powdered milk, had lots of spaghetti and tuna casseroles, but we truly were a happy family. My parents never disparaged each other in front of us, modeled respectful and appreciative behavior, taught us good manners, how to eat without needing a bib or sippy cups after the age of 2, how to get along with others, and we were well loved and well looked after. So I don't want to hear that Kate has it so hard just because she has 8 kids. She chose to have that many, so deal with it and stop the whining.

I don't think any judge is going to give Kate sole custody, unless something underhanded is involved. All they need do is review the shows to see that Jon has been a hands on parent from day one, while Kate often seems like she can't be bothered, even when her own children are sick. Jon ought to be sure the judge sees the tape where Kate left a sick boy lying on a cold laundry room floor, turned off the light and shut the door. That should make any judge think twice about awarding her sole custody.

usafeslmommy 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-09-09, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail usafeslmommy Click to send private message to usafeslmommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kate wants the revenue stream"
MUCH MUCH MUCH KUDOS TO YOU!!! I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •