The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jon and Kate Announcement"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Jon & Kate Plus 8 Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-18-09, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jon and Kate Announcement"
“Jon and Kate Gosselin have an announcement.”

Those are the words that appear on the screen in a new TLC promo for a one-hour Jon & Kate Plus Eight special episode, airing Monday (9 p.m. ET).

Rest of article is here:
http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/06/18/jon-kate-gosselin-to-make-an-announce-on-mondays-show/

Seperation or divorce announcement? Even this they are turning into a ratings grabber?

Stompings by Capn2patch!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jon and Kate Announcement Snidget 06-18-09 1
   RE: Jon and Kate Announcement JessicaRN 06-18-09 2
   RE: Jon and Kate Announcement zombiebaby 06-18-09 3
       RE: Jon and Kate Announcement AyaK 06-18-09 4
           RE: Jon and Kate Announcement Max Headroom 06-19-09 5
 RE: Jon and Kate Announcement vince3 06-19-09 6
   RE: Jon and Kate Announcement samboohoo 06-23-09 13
       RE: Jon and Kate Announcement HobbsofMI 06-23-09 14
           RE: Jon and Kate Announcement samboohoo 06-23-09 16
               RE: Jon and Kate Announcement HobbsofMI 06-23-09 17
                   RE: Jon and Kate Announcement samboohoo 06-24-09 38
                       RE: Jon and Kate Announcement HobbsofMI 06-24-09 43
               RE: Jon and Kate Announcement AyaK 06-23-09 18
                   RE: Jon and Kate Announcement MrGoodTimes 06-24-09 50
 Per Radar Online Bebo 06-21-09 7
   RE: Per Radar Online blacknwhitedog 06-21-09 8
       RE: Per Radar Online mindy23 06-22-09 9
           RE: Per Radar Online JessicaRN 06-22-09 10
   Per People... AyaK 06-22-09 12
 Maybe.... AyaK 06-22-09 11
   RE: Maybe.... JessicaRN 06-23-09 15
       RE: Maybe.... blacknwhitedog 06-23-09 21
           RE: Maybe.... samboohoo 06-23-09 22
 RE: Jon and Kate Announcement frodis 06-23-09 19
   RE: Jon and Kate Announcement AyaK 06-23-09 20
       RE: Jon and Kate Announcement samboohoo 06-24-09 39
       RE: Jon and Kate Announcement frodis 06-24-09 40
 Lying for 2 years zombiebaby 06-23-09 23
   RE: Lying for 2 years JessicaRN 06-23-09 24
       RE: Lying for 2 years Hipppo 06-23-09 25
           RE: Lying for 2 years AyaK 06-24-09 29
               RE: Lying for 2 years Hipppo 06-24-09 31
                   RE: Lying for 2 years AyaK 06-24-09 34
   Wow AyaK 06-24-09 27
       RE: Wow Hipppo 06-24-09 28
           RE: Wow AyaK 06-24-09 30
               RE: Wow Hipppo 06-24-09 32
                   RE: Wow AyaK 06-24-09 33
                       RE: Wow HobbsofMI 06-24-09 37
                           RE: Wow AyaK 06-24-09 44
                               RE: Wow HobbsofMI 06-24-09 45
                               RE: Wow vince3 06-24-09 46
       RE: Wow frodis 06-24-09 41
           RE: Wow byoffer 06-24-09 42
   TMZ may have another angle on it HobbsofMI 06-24-09 36
   correction true 06-24-09 49
       From the divorce filing.... AyaK 06-24-09 51
           RE: From the divorce filing.... true 06-24-09 54
               RE: From the divorce filing.... AyaK 06-25-09 58
 RE: Jon and Kate Announcement mdjohnson 06-24-09 26
   RE: Jon and Kate Announcement AyaK 06-24-09 35
       RE: Jon and Kate Announcement blacknwhitedog 06-24-09 47
           2 years apart isn't accurate true 06-24-09 48
           RE: Jon and Kate Announcement Snidget 06-24-09 52
               ...except... AyaK 06-24-09 53
                   RE: ...except... true 06-24-09 55
 thank you, this thread cqvenus 06-25-09 56
   RE: thank you, this thread AyaK 06-25-09 57
       RE: thank you, this thread Snidget 06-25-09 59
   RE: thank you, this thread cipher5150 06-25-09 61
       RE: thank you, this thread Estee 06-25-09 63
           Kate believes... AyaK 06-25-09 64
               RE: Kate believes... vince3 06-25-09 65
                   RE: Kate believes... HobbsofMI 06-25-09 68
 RE: Jon and Kate Announcement blacknwhitedog 06-25-09 60
   RE: Jon and Kate Announcement HobbsofMI 06-25-09 62
       RE: Jon and Kate Announcement AyaK 06-25-09 67
   RE: Jon and Kate Announcement AyaK 06-25-09 66
 Interesting vince3 06-25-09 69
   Depends AyaK 06-25-09 70
 Please let this be true. Pretty pl... Snidget 06-30-09 71
   RE: Please let this be true. Prett... vince3 06-30-09 72

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-09, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
Please let it be we are going into counseling and will be out of the limelight until we get our act together.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-18-09, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
I agree totally. Best case scenario is that they withdraw from the limelight and TLC immediately stops their show. It is sad to think about a divorce, and sadder still to think that a divorce is worked into an hour special, which you know will get huge ratings.

06-18-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
The cynical part of me wonders if they had this planned all along. Wait until the ratings drop then plan this "veryspecialepisode".

Or, the dogs could just be getting neutered/spayed.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-09, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
My thoughts: they intended for the end of the first week's show, where each of them talked separately about placing their kids first, to be a discrete way of announcing that they were separated. That was at TLC's choice, because TLC controls the show content.

But the tabloids don't get it. So we had a series of articles about Jon being off skiing with his girlfriend on Kate's birthday. It makes sense if you look at them as separated and headed for divorce. But instead people discussed it as if it were scandalous.

Kate was happy with that, because she needs the positive attention. But then the focus turned to her, such as her affair with her bodyguard and her interview with Access Hollywood with the kids, where Mady repeatedly asked for water -- and Kate then asked the production staff for a bottle of water, took a drink herself, put it down on the side of her chair away from Mady, and told her to behave, because there wasn't time for her to have a drink.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/Kate-gosselin-refuses-to-give-daughter-water-2009126

The kids complain they're thirsty.

"I want a drink!" Mady yells. "I haven't had a drink all day."

Kate ignores her.

"Mom, I'm going to get dehydrated!" Mady goes on.

Kate dismisses her: "Yes, me too."

Kate then orders a bottle of water. But instead of offering her daughter a sip, the mom of 8 takes a quick chug.

"I need a drink now!" Mady pleads.

Kate tells her to "be quiet," prompting Mady to cry, "You're really, really mean!"

And then there was their 10th anniversary last week, when Kate and the kids were being filmed and Jon wasn't there ... which was discussed on CNN.

So my guess is that they are finally going to admit their separation on screen, in a big formal announcement, and discuss the possibility of divorce. They'll take the risk that the bottom falls out of the ratings, but the truth is, the charade of being a family just isn't working any longer.

Frankly, I'd rather see the kids discussing their perceptions of their parents' split and possible divorce than see them with Orange County Choppers, anyway.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-09, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
Excellent analysis. I've been expecting a separation/divorce announcement from them for a while, and I'm not surprised that TLC is managing the announcement and turning it into a "special" episode.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-09, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
Well, this makes it sounds like that's probably what's gonna happen.....

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/reports-jon-%26-kate-jon-gosselin-checking-out-new-york-apartment-9142.php

An apartment in a Trump building in NYC is $3200/month? I wonder where he's getting the money for that...... besides the series, that is......

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-09, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
Even more reason I can't stomach him the most right now.

I've said before that I can certainly understand the friction, but honestly there are times when I look at him and look at her and completely understand why she is the way she is.

The sports car, the apartment in NY, the alleged affairs (which he has given plenty of evidence to support). Major identity crisis for Jon.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-09, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
But why does Jon have a major identity crisis? They both are at fault because Kate could not listen and Jon could not speak up in a nut shell.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

06-23-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
We've discussed this a bit. Jon has always seemed to be the one without focus. He has always had trouble holding a job. He never completed his degree. He doesn't know what he wants to do.

I don't have a problem with Jon leaving Kate, but I do have a problem with him (and her as well if she's doing it) trading in his family van for a sports car, moving to another state for a ritzy apartment, and hooking up with other women when he's still married to Kate.

06-23-09, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
And Kate's plastic surgery, new designer clothes, book, travel, etc. says focus or does it say the money and fame went to her head?

What about the rumor of her and the body guard?

They are both at fault equally.

Jon wanted to stop the show a year or two ago and, IMHO, was forced to work at home/quit/etc. from Kate's hounding of him never being there.

If you've been repressed for so many years when the day comes where you finally break free you make some really dumb decisions and he is. Does he see it now, no, but later when he finally heals and gets his head on straight.

06-24-09, 08:41 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
We can also go back to Jon's hairplugs, Jon's sudden interest in getting fit, etc. I don't recall anything about Jon being forced to quit. I know he went to work for Bob at one time, which enabled his schedule to be more flexible.

I'll try to rephrase this another way.

I don't disagree that they are both to blame. I do think things would have been so much worse for them without the show. The show gave them money, resources, opportunity. But their life became work/work became their life. I think in this relationship and in this "corporation," someone had to be the boss, and that became Kate. I totally understand some of how she functions because I can be that way about certain things.

I think they got way in over their heads and "their life" stopped being "their life."

I will also agree with what you say about him being repressed because I have said before that I don't agree with how she talks to him, but until the show, the popularity of the show, the scrutiny, and Jon really hearing from everyone else what a monster Kate is, Jon was fine. I think Jon is the one who hasn't been able to adjust to all of this. And I think that comes from a lot of things.

I think the popularity and stardom affected them both in different ways. I think for Kate, it is still about providing for the children. I don't see that as much with Jon.

06-24-09, 01:07 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

Well, from everything I've read recently that Kate has had a ton of help and AyaK seems to know more that what is even published with several nannies, a cook, drivers, etc. but they never really show that but have Kate saying over and over how much she does and how hard it is.

I've only watch about a dozen or so shows in the past - the one that stands out is when Jon started working at home and Kate was like "we" thought it was better, "we" thought...as Jon rolled his eyes and has sarcastic remarks and how he'll miss working but liked seeing the twins off the bus because of their reaction.

The corporation needed a strong partnership with equal input and equal decision making by both Jon and Kate. Kate just took being the boss and never let go and still won't. From the limited shows I've seen plus what I've read, Jon never adjusted to the show and fame as their family became more and more isolated from "their real life".

After watching the one of the twins wanted some water video and Kate's other actions at the birthday party, etc., Kate is not about providing for the kids, IMHO. She is into providing for "their lifestyle" that she has let get to her head and she has not adjusted to it all either IMHO. My guess is at the end of last season when Jon said they might not be back, the look on Kate's face was priceless, he was trying to break down thing but she ran him over with the steamroller again and thus we have this season. Plus we have Jon just saying screw it.

Both sides needed to work it out and I don't think Kate saw anything she was doing was wrong because she has convinced herself that it's for the kids and the play house ep showed that even faced with Jon leaving she cannot and will not change or work on them. Thus we have Jon again saying screw it. I've been there, done that, and it's not fun.

06-23-09, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
Of course, none of us really know what is happening.

But one thing that absolutely cannot be in the best interest of the children is for Jon to move to New York City, even if he still comes back and lives in the house during his custody periods.

If this is true, it speaks poorly of Jon's parenting skills.

As far as the car goes, I assume they have three -- one Kate's, one Jon's and the full-sized van for the kids. That seems OK.

And it sounds like they've both been hooking up. Why, I don't know, since reality TV does not equal reality. It could be that Jon has decided that, now that hot women pay attention to him. he wants to party. That would also reflect poorly on him, but I doubt it's that simple.

Last night's show struck me as a typical Kate moment. I have no idea how much the kids will use the crooked houses (or whether they'll even get a second look). And I have no idea where the best place to put the houses was. All I know was that Kate wanted them in one place, while Jon wanted them in another. Kate spent all of her time in her confessionals trashing Jon for being "difficult", then she got the houses put where she wanted them, while again trashing Jon because it took all day for the houses to be installed because Jon hadn't prepared the land where they were going (which, of course, wasn't where Jon was planning to put them).

In the end, Kate got her way 100%, although she made it sound like Jon was being the most difficult person in the world in the process -- and she said several times that she wasn't trying to get her way 100%, although that's exactly how it turned out.

Having to put up with someone like Kate on a daily basis would be like living in the seventh circle of hell.

MrGoodTimes 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-24-09, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MrGoodTimes Click to send private message to MrGoodTimes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
I agree. I don't fault Jon wanting to move away and get a sports car after a suffocating life with a difficult woman, lots of kids (which are wonderful in SMALL doses, but not in EIGHT), and being followed around by a TV camera crew and paparazzi.

So Jon snapped. Maybe Kate snapped to. Aren't we all a little to blame?

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-09, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Per Radar Online"
It's a divorce announcement. Kate met with a divorce lawyer. The couple was going to separate on July 15th but have moved up that timetable. Jon will file divorce papers next week.

The site also reports on sources pairing Jon with Hailey Glassman, the daughter of Kate's plastic surgeon.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/06/radaronlinecom-world-exclusive-jon-kate-announce-divorce

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-09, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Per Radar Online"
I have also heard they are going to plan to have a fake "lets get back together episode" for the sake of the children and the ratings- and that will be the end of the show.

Syren 2007

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-22-09, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Per Radar Online"
Do I smell a new series? "Kate plus 8 Goes It Alone"?? Or "Reinventing Kate +8"? Or "Kate Gosselin, It's Complicated.." Geez.

What will this do to the kids? The last I saw the show, the older ones seemed to be getting a very priviledged attitude, which I suppose WOULD come from all that attention, money, etc. Now what? Who is going to pay all those bills? The kids' college funds?? SAD SAD SAD!!!

06-22-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Per Radar Online"
Do you think it is possible that in a few months, they Jon & Kate will be gone from the public's eye, which they now claim to hate?

Will anyone really care when her cookbook comes out in the fall?

If even half of what the magazines are printing is true, then Kate is a mean, money-grubbing elitist and Jon still thinks he is some partying Casanova. It is amazing the turn that this has taken, seemingly quickly, but in reality, probably not really that quickly.

I bet one of them will appear on Dr. Phil when his shows start up again.

06-22-09, 07:07 PM (EST)
12. "Per People..."
Divorce was filed today.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/report-jon-%26-kate-plus-8-stars-jon-and-kate-gosselin-file-for-divorce-9148.php

06-22-09, 03:38 PM (EST)
11. "Maybe...."
...they just want to see how many of us are voyeurs watching the train wreck.

Though it is nice to see that there are lots of other long-time watchers in the anti-Kate club.

http://www.examiner.com/x-12068-SF-Celebrity-Examiner~y2009m6d22-Jon--Kate-deterioriate-TLC-wants-you-to-watch

Having watched since the second season—including every wisecrack, slap and put-down Kate spewed toward Jon and his every shrug, half-response and general docile approach to everything—and although I’m right up there with the anti-Katers, I’m feeling a little heartbroken over the demise of this family and the fact that I unwittingly stood witness to the whole thing.

I’m one of the folks who started watching because of the Gosselin children--twins Maddy and Cara; and sextuplets, Aaden, Collin, Joel, Alexis, Leah and Hannah--not the train wreck that has become Jon and Kate themselves, though that doesn’t mean I haven’t stayed on board through it all....

I’m not sure I’m interested in watching Jon & Kate Split 8. I could barely tolerate the attention-seeking mother as it was, let alone watching her try to hold onto that fame for dear life on the backs of her children.

06-23-09, 12:02 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Maybe...."
Last night's show was probably the first time in a long time that I kind of felt bad for Kate. She seemed just a bit more vulnerable than she ever does. On the other hand, Jon seemed flippant and defensive.

(Of course, we'll never really know what is the truth and when they are being sincere.)

Do they own that tractor?

I went on the website for the Crooked Houses and the cheapest is $1500 per house (and you know that there's are not the cheapest).
(We played in boxes when I was a kid!)

06-23-09, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Maybe...."
I agree- the attitude I got from Kate was "I will do whatever it takes for my kids" and the attitide I got from Jon was- "yeah party time".

Syren 2007

06-23-09, 04:20 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Maybe...."
Agree. It's easy to choose a lot of things, but he can't really choose not to be a father anymore.

I actually think this would have happened to them sooner if not for the show.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-23-09, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
I've only caught an episode of this show here and there, it's not really in my regular rotation.

Mr. Fro got suckered in and watched this very special episode while I was putting the kiddos to bed last night. He's of the opinion that Kate is a controlling person who stomped all over Jon. I kind of feel like Jon is a bit of a doormat and maybe she hass good reason to stomp on him if he's not going to step up the the plate.

Bottom line is that neither of us really knows what's really going on with these two, or how much of her compromising and his having a spine actually gets televised (or cut, since that doesn't fit with their "characters.")

I feel bad for the kids, but who doesn't? Have you ever listened to your recorded voice or seen yourself on film and had that "woah, that's me? That's what I sound like - that's what I look like?" realization? I think that the spotlight showed a few too many blemishes for this couple - blemishes which might have been easier to conceal or heal had they just been a "normal" family. You can only watch yourself being browbeaten (Jon) or see that you're married to a putz (Kate) so many times before wondering if maybe you don't want to be where you are anymore.

Summer fun, Sharnina-style!

06-23-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
I have the feeling that most people who know Kate don't like her at all. In the early shows, we used to see a lot of other people trying to help out. Those people are all gone. Now it's just Jon, Kate and the help. I think that makes life much, much harder.

06-24-09, 08:42 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
I do agree with this.

06-24-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
Oh, I have no doubt that Kate is an unpleasant person. I just think Jon is, too. I get the impression that she's unpleasant in a crabby slap-down way and he's unpleasant in that he's a total dud.

06-23-09, 08:45 PM (EST)
23. "Lying for 2 years"
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-09 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

Kate Gosselin says in divorce papers that she and her husband Jon have been living "separate and apart" for at least two years.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/apnewsbreak--gosselins-lived-apart-for-2-years-1516967.story/?gt1=28135

So they have really been "acting" just to get more tv shows on. I wonder what the fallout from this will be.

06-23-09, 10:59 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Lying for 2 years"
Kind of makes their free trip to Hawaii to renew their vows a big joke!

Hipppo 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-23-09, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hipppo Click to send private message to Hipppo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Lying for 2 years"
It appears that Jon is abandoning Kate and the family.

Not sure how moving to NY and being with someone else is "helping the kids"

06-24-09, 01:16 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Lying for 2 years"
A lot of this stuff mystifies me.

The Gosselins live in Reading, Pennsylvania, less than an hour outside of Philadelphia. If Jon wants to go to the big city, why not Philly? Simple -- it's not the media hotspot of the East Coast. Jon wants to enjoy the limelight without Kate or the kids to "burden" him during Kate's days. That makes him seem like a jerk.

Meanwhile, the producers edit the show so that we don't see all the full-time help that the Gosselins have. They have their own chef! But Kate always tries to act as if she's preparing the meals. They have their own nannies (plural)! But Kate always tries to act as if she's solely responsible for the kids when she is out with them. As I said in another post in this thread, except for the kids, this show is more fake than The Hills.

Kate should probably get an Emmy nod for that tearful performance on last night's show, when her divorce petition says that they've been separated for two years. It makes the claims of her brother and sister-in-law seem accurate, and her claims about being hurt seem like nothing more than more acting and more dishonesty.

Kate says that she won't be separated from the kids on holidays. Sorry, but divorce decrees don't work that way. Kate may be able to make Jon do whatever she wants, but she can't make a court do whatever she wants.

06-24-09, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hipppo Click to send private message to Hipppo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Lying for 2 years"
>A lot of this stuff mystifies
>me.
>
>The Gosselins live in Reading, Pennsylvania,
>less than an hour outside
>of Philadelphia. If Jon
>wants to go to the
>big city, why not Philly?
> Simple -- it's not
>the media hotspot of the
>East Coast. Jon wants
>to enjoy the limelight without
>Kate or the kids to
>"burden" him during Kate's days.
> That makes him seem
>like a jerk.
>

That's because he is a jerk. What kind of married man goes out to college bars everynight to pick up chicks and have mistresses. He and TLC have you fooled with his Pink shirt act.

Jon doesn't seem very bright. I think he really thinks the Papprazzi will just go away if he leaves Kate and moves to NYC. That kind of logic is what got him in trouble in the first place. If you listen to what he says in interviews, have the time it doesn't even make sense.

06-24-09, 02:27 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Lying for 2 years"
> What kind of married man goes out to college
>bars everynight to pick up chicks and have mistresses.

Every night? Prove it.

>He and TLC have you fooled with his Pink shirt act.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, so I'll just assume that it is gibberish.

>Jon doesn't seem very bright.

For once, I agree with you regarding this claim. No, he doesn't.

06-24-09, 01:03 AM (EST)
27. "Wow"
Now I know why they stopped production.

Two years? That means that everything, even Kate's box of Kleenex that she had on the couch next to her during last night's episode, was an act.

Other than the kids, this show is more fake than The Hills.

06-24-09, 01:15 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Wow"
>Now I know why they stopped
>production.
>
>Two years? That means that
>everything, even Kate's box of
>Kleenex that she had on
>the couch next to her
>during last night's episode, was
>an act.
>
>Other than the kids, this show
>is more fake than The
>Hills

It's Reality TV, it's not real.

You really think jon choose all those pink shirts for himself. The show was edited to portray him as the passive, submissive husband. That was his character. He's not as innocent and lovable as he's made out to be.

As far as the 2 year separation that's a legal technicality. According to you Kate would do anything to continue the show. If so, why would she file a divorce paper that shows that she has been separated for two years. That doesn't make sense.

06-24-09, 01:17 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Wow"
Simple. She wants control over the money.

06-24-09, 01:23 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Wow"
>Simple. She wants control over
>the money.

If there's no show there's no money. If they were truly separated for two years then the show would be a fake and nobody would watch it/it would get pulled.

Again that logic doesn't make sense.

06-24-09, 02:19 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Wow"
So you think Kate is lying in her divorce filing?

06-24-09, 05:11 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Wow"
No, she is just trying to have it her way again. See TMZ's info on the filing.

06-24-09, 01:38 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Wow"
If TMZ is accurate, that doesn't speak well for her credibility.

I have little doubt that Jon would agree the marriage is "irretrievably broken", so I don't know why claiming that they have been separated for two years would help. And the divorce filing says that she will submit an affidavit to support her claim of two years separation. Kate should understand that such an affidavit, if false, would represent perjury.

Ask Bill Clinton what the consequences of perjury are, Kate.

06-24-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Wow"
Ask King Kwame...but then again he is out and living it up in Dallas.

I did not hear about the affidavit...ouch that's going to hurt.

06-24-09, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Wow"
I think if Kate is claiming that, all Jon's lawyers have to do is show footage of the show to shoot that down, since the entire series has been taped in approximately the past two years or so...........

06-24-09, 09:36 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Wow"
That means that everything, even Kate's box of Kleenex that she had on the couch next to her during last night's episode, was an act.

I finally watched the Very Special Episode. I got the impression that Kate was speaking almost totally in soundbites. She's "strong", she "allowed herself to break down" and then "pulled herself together", because she "had to, for the kids". . . it sounds like the rough outline for her next book.

Jon seemed sort of disgustedly resigned to it. Kate seemed to be sort of milking it.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Wow"
I agree with the sound bites and staged emotion. At one point she stopped sobbing and worried about her makeup. Someone with real emotions about breaking up a marriage wouldn't suspend their tears worrying about makeup.

Definitely a milk job.

06-24-09, 05:06 AM (EST)
36. "TMZ may have another angle on it"
Jon & Kate Divorce Papers are Deceiving

We'll have to see how it plays out.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "correction"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 06:34 PM (EST)

http://tinyurl.com/l6vnqr

more like 2 weeks according to this article.

edited to fix link.

06-24-09, 05:47 PM (EST)
51. "From the divorce filing...."
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0624_jon_kate_02_wm.pdf

13. At the time of the hearing, Plaintiff will submit an affidavit alleging that the parties have lived separate and apart for at least two (2) years.

Edited to add: Your link doesn't work.

06-24-09, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: From the divorce filing...."

This one works for me, and so did the other one.

I quoted the relevant text below.

06-25-09, 09:11 AM (EST)
58. "RE: From the divorce filing...."
Thanks. The other link just took me to an msnbc videos page.

mdjohnson 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mdjohnson Click to send private message to mdjohnson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
It's apparent the so called renewal wedding was for ratings. what must the kids think? Get married and then get a divorce. Hate to say this but I seen it coming the way kate treated jon it was only time. She always talked hateful to him. I wonder if she has thought what happens when the kids go to school and all the other kids are talking about this how hurt they must be. Kate states she lives for her kids she breaths for her kids and everything she does is for the kids. It looks like shes in it for the money or she would stop the show for the sake of the kids. the fame she thinks she has will be gone very soon and then she is left with 8 very confussed children. I already seen some of the children act out on TV. They have no clue what a normal life is and want for a long time.

06-24-09, 02:37 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
You can't absolve Jon of his share of the blame for the show, though.

Then again, I thought the Roloffs ("Little People, Big World") did reality TV with no harmful effects to their family at all, at least as far as I could see. So there really isn't any reason that "Jon and Kate Plus 8" should have turned into such a disaster, except that Jon and Kate just weren't able to handle the fame along with their responsibilities.

But, you know, if they weren't famous, maybe they would have kept some of the friends thay had in the early days of the show, when neighbors helped them out.....

All in all, there is plenty of blame for both of them to share. As far as the kids dealing with it, I think it depends upon how stable or unstable their home life becomes, once they get through the next year.

06-24-09, 04:39 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
Agreed- I think both the Duggars and the Roloffs have handled things well- so it can be done. I think you have two messed up people here- both Jon and Katie Irene.

So is saying they have been living seperate and apart for two years somehow going to help her divorce settelment? I don't get it.

Syren 2007

06-24-09, 04:58 PM (EST)
48. "2 years apart isn't accurate"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 06:31 PM (EST)

Among that language was a provision that The Associated Press misinterpreted to mean the couple had been living apart for the past two years. The AP's report, which incorrectly gave the impression that the show's two-year run was filmed under false pretenses, was corrected later Tuesday.

edited to fix link. Weird the other one worked when I tested it before.

06-24-09, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
The TMZ link says where they live there are two ways to get a no fault divorce.

Being separated for two years is one of them. (can be in separate bedrooms, doesn't have to be separate houses).

06-24-09, 06:32 PM (EST)
53. "...except..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 06:41 PM (EST)

Kate claims that Jon was the one pushing for the divorce.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jon-%26-kate-star-kate-gosselin-jon-had-wanted-split-for-long-time-9168.php

Since the other ground for a no-fault divorce is a marriage that the parties agree is "irretrievably broken", and Kate claims that Jon wanted no part of joint counseling with her, there is no reason to believe that Jon would contest her divorce filing or that there should be any problem with such a divorce (although there will unquestionably be problems with the division of the property, but this additional claim will not impact that). And that ground by itself is sufficient.

In other words, I think this TMZ claim (and the subsequent parroting of it) is just spin to protect the show. I think the divorce filing was accurate as made.

Edited to add: true, thanks for fixing the link. It's true that most divorce petitions would include this clause. But it is not true that this is just boilerplate that appears in every petition. It has a specific legal meaning, and to assert it in a case such as this is to embrace that meaning.

As Snidget notes, cohabitating in the same property is not inconsistent with such a claim, if you aren't sharing the same bedroom. But renewing your marriage vows is ... unless such renewal was merely acting.

06-24-09, 06:42 PM (EST)
55. "RE: ...except..."
The filing may be accurate but was misinterpreted by the AP (and parroted elsewhere) according to the same People article that is quoted in your RTVW link.

That the whole 2 year separation rumor spread like wildfire and was believed so easily. IT just proves to me that most of what you read about Jon and Kate is not entirely true.

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-09, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "thank you, this thread"
i am so happy to have found this thread.

it has shed so much light on all of it.

at first i was very angry with them for not even trying to fix their marriage at all.

but now it seems like at least kate tried to get into counseling, but he refused. i can't say i blame him for being annoyed with how badly she had treated him, but it is his fault for putting up with it for so long without standing up for himself.

i wonder if his looking for an apartment this weekend was what she was referring to when saying his actions this weekend left her no choice...

i've heard that they had an agreement that they could see other people as long as they didn't let anyone know... i didn't believe that but i'm starting to now...

well, thank you all for helping me realize more facts about this situation, especially you, AyaK. i didn't know they had all that help! i actually felt bad for kate when she went 5th bday party shopping alone w/ all the sextuplets! what a crock! i am very happy to have come in here and now i don't feel so betrayed by them and their lack of caring about this whole thing. seems they were a broken family for a lot longer than they're claiming.

and i wouldn't be at all surprised if they come back in 6 weeks and announce they've patched up just so they sound like such a great shining example. and then fall off the face of the earth.

good friggin riddance.

cq
not a creepy lurker

06-25-09, 09:09 AM (EST)
57. "RE: thank you, this thread"
>but now it seems like at least kate tried to get into counseling, but he refused.
>i can't say i blame him for being annoyed with how badly she had treated
>him, but it is his fault for putting up with it for so long without
>standing up for himself.

I agree. And, anyway, if your first concern was the children, wouldn't your first focus be on trying to see if it were possible to fix your marriage? For as much as I've disagreed with Hipppo's other claims, I completely agree with the claim that, once Jon found out that other women were interested in him, he couldn't wait to get both feet out the door.

>i wonder if his looking for an apartment this weekend was
>what she was referring to when saying his actions this
>weekend left her no choice...

I don't trust their public statements, any more than I trust Speidi's. They aren't going to be any different from a regular divorcing couple in that regard, and there are very few divorces where each party isn't trying to make the other one look worse.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one Gosselin at a time.

06-25-09, 09:24 AM (EST)
59. "RE: thank you, this thread"
Yep, I expect a lot of vague statements that could mean anything but happen to mostly sound like the other one is doing something really awful.

I'm sure, with all the publicity around this, they are both being coached by a lawyer (and probably some PR people) in how to make the other person sound bad without actually revealing anything.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-25-09, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: thank you, this thread"
I wonder if his looking for an apartment this weekend was what she was referring to when saying his actions this weekend left her no choice...

It has been reported (CNN) that Jon had the kids by himself (no nannies) for four days over the weekend and during that time one of the children was slightly injured. The implication was that this was somehow related to what Kate was referring to when she spoke of his “actions over the weekend”.

She said “over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children."

He responded, “I have always done everything I can to protect our family…This weekend, I was home with the kids for four days, just being a dad. No nannies, just the kids and me. In fact, with the exception of Aaden's visit to the doctor, I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend Father's Day weekend."

Aaden Gosselin, one of the couple's 5-year-old sextuplets, was seen in his father's arms with a small bandage on his forehead on Saturday.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-09, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: thank you, this thread"
Thus making Aaden the first five-year-old boy in human history to suffer an injury which required a Band-Aid.

Of course Kate's upset. She usually just screams at the wound until it stops bleeding.

06-25-09, 04:56 PM (EST)
64. "Kate believes..."
...that she has the power to heal through the laying on of hands.

But I think you're right -- if that fails, she resorts to the laying on of decibels.

06-25-09, 05:09 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Kate believes..."
All of which is ironic considering that she used to be a nurse before she had the 8-pack.......

06-25-09, 06:34 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Kate believes..."
Can you image being in the hospital and she was your nurse?

*shudder*

06-25-09, 12:22 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
This is an opinion piece- but I thought it was an interesting take on things

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/24/gossip-jon-kate-gosselin-forbes-woman-tv-shows.html

Syren 2007

06-25-09, 12:46 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
I found this from that story:

Kate's Top 10 Angry moments with video

06-25-09, 05:39 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
I love at the end of clip 9, where one of the twins says to Kate about the sextuplets, "Mommy, can't you just let them have fun?"

The clip ends before Kate's answer, which we all know would be an icy "No."

I remember the show that produced clip 7, where she got mad because Jon was playing with the kids instead of responding to her every whim. I think I made some comment that, were I married to Kate, she'd probably be floating face-down in Chesapeake Bay if ahe made that snide "I'm busy doing your work" shot on camera about me when she actually had been sitting in the chair while I was watching the kids.

And, if anyone wants to see the reason for divorce, look at clip 2.

06-25-09, 05:13 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Jon and Kate Announcement"
If what the opinion writer claims is true, then why isn't Mark Sanford getting sympathetic coverage?

It's simple. How many of us who watched this show didn't ask ourselves at least once, "How does he put up with her?"

From the article:

The irony is that, although viewers had already known that Kate was the shrewish half of the breeding champs (she's famous for once telling her husband he was breathing too loudly)...

We viewers discussed this, but no one else cared.

she only attracted this Brangelina-level frenzy after Jon was caught by paparazzi coming out of a bar at 2 a.m. with a 23-year-old woman--who was not the mother of his eight offspring. Jon has denied cheating, but his peccadillo rumbled through the offices of the tabloid magazines like a small earthquake--and the editors simultaneously turned their attention to, not Jon, but Kate.

The only difference that the photos of Jon made was that now people outside of the range of the show's viewers knew who Kate was. Other than that, she's the same miserable excuse for a person that she has always been. Only now, others were willing to listen.

"<Jon> comes across as a bit of a schlub, and the media is generally going to side with the 'poor guy,' or take a 'boys will be boys' attitude like they did with Brad Pitt," says Rachel Weingarten, a trends expert who consults with corporations like Nokia and Procter & Gamble about pop culture.

"People are more interested in saying, 'look at that #####.' That sells magazines."

No one knows the real dynamics of the Brad-Jen marriage except Brad and Jen, but there were always rumors that Brad badly wanted his own biological child, especially after his ex-girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow had her first, but that Jen didn't. I never heard anyone except for Rachel Weingarten, whom I presume is not very good at what she does, say that Brad-Jen-Angelina was an example of "boys will be boys".

06-25-09, 08:00 PM (EST)
69. "Interesting"
Kate's filing the divorce as "no-fault" just might've killed the show if this attorney's right.....

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/attorney-divorce-judge-could-ban-gosselin-kids-from-jon-%26-kate-9182.php

It would be in the best interests of the kiddos if they weren't on the air while their parents continue to air their dirty laundry...... and without the kiddos, would anyone watch? I doubt it......

06-25-09, 08:22 PM (EST)
70. "Depends"
Really, it depnds how much is left up to the court.

If Jon and Kate have a contested divorce, I think there's little doubt that any judge wouldn't want the kids doing the show during the contest.

If they agree on a divorce, though, I would be stunned if a judge would intervene. Basically, that never happens. The judge might like to appoint one of his or her cronies to a lucrative job as the "child advocate" in an uncontested divorce, but the judge also knows that TLC/Discovery Networks can probably kill his or her career, and it's hard to justify intervening in the family with a "child advocate" when the parents agree on how to go forward and there is no evidence of abuse.

06-30-09, 07:08 PM (EST)
71. "Please let this be true. Pretty please"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jon-%26-kate-jon-and-kate-gosselin-no-longer-commenting-publicly-9204.php

Both of them shutting their mouths? Fin.al.ly.

06-30-09, 10:14 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Please let this be true. Pretty please"
They should've both shut their traps the instant all this stuff came out, and only spoke about it on the show.....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •