The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Jon & Kate Plus 8 Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-23-09, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus"
Breaking news:

'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus until Aug 6th.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on pro... AyaK 06-23-09 1
   RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on pro... Hipppo 06-23-09 2
       RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on pro... AyaK 06-24-09 3
           RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on pro... Hipppo 06-24-09 4
               RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on pro... AyaK 06-24-09 5
   RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on pro... samboohoo 06-24-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-09, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus"
This tells me four things:

1) The producers want to re-edit the shows that they already have in the can.

2) TLC is afraid that the divorce announcement will harm the escapist side of the show, and they want to be sure that they have "topical" shows interspersed with the existing "fluff" shows for the remainder of the show's run, since it's clear that no one will accept the Gosselins as a couple any longer.

3) Some of the new shows will also focus on the sextuplets getting ready to start kindergarten.

4) TLC is worried that something in the divorce will blow up and hurt the show.

You know, the kids were as cute as ever in the "crooked houses" episode. I honestly didn't realize how close Mady and Cara were, since I rarely get to see them together for that long.

They're going to need to plan events that keep the kids out front, not the parents.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Hipppo 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-23-09, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hipppo Click to send private message to Hipppo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus"
I think it's because Jon injured one of his kids somehow on Father's day and had to go to the hospital. Kate mentioned something about something that happened over the weekend with Jon and the kids as one of the reasons for divorce.

The accident probably convinced Kate that leaving the kids with Jon for 3 days of taping was a bad and dangerous idea. So she realized the whole separation arrangement that TLC was pushing (4 days of Kate with 8 kids, and 3 days of Jon with 8 kids) wasn't going to work and filed for divorce.

TLC's plan seems to have been to have 3 days Jon/4 days Kate to make more shows because they realize Kate+8 is not going to draw ratings.

What this effectively does is end the series, which means Jon won't get money from TLC to fund his $3500 Trump Tower apartment and wild parties and will have to work to pay child support.

06-24-09, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus"
Again, I disagree completely.

1) This show was pre-taped back at Mothers' Day in early May, so the divorce decision has been made for awhile, and nothing that happened recently has had any bearing on it.

2) Kate will not get sole custody. Although the TV show itself isn't evidence, we've seen how many people Kate has alienated. It's likely that many of them would testify in Jon's behalf during a custody trial, if the divorce isn't prearranged.

3) Although the show may have stopped filming for now, they've been producing episodes since this one was filmed. That's a month of production to air. Kate taking the sextuplets to the beach, Jon having Cara and Mady riding in the go-cart, and whatever was being filmed this weekend that led to the hospital trip -- I wouldn't be surprised if they have six episodes in the can.

4) Kate would do absolutely anything to stay on TV. If they told her that she could have her own TV show, and all she'd have to do would be to accept Satan as her savior, I believe she'd do it, despite her professed faith.

5) I also disagree about the series being over. The episode that aired last night was the highest rated show in TLC history. All 40 episodes for this seasons will be made and will air.

All in all, I guess I think every one of your points is incorrect.

Hipppo 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-24-09, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hipppo Click to send private message to Hipppo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus"
>Again, I disagree completely.
>
>1) This show was pre-taped back
>at Mothers' Day in early
>May, so the divorce decision
>has been made for awhile,
>and nothing that happened recently
>has had any bearing on
>it.
>
>2) Kate will not get sole
>custody. Although the TV
>show itself isn't evidence, we've
>seen how many people Kate
>has alienated. It's likely
>that many of them would
>testify in Jon's behalf during
>a custody trial, if the
>divorce isn't prearranged.
>
>3) Although the show may have
>stopped filming for now, they've
>been producing episodes since this
>one was filmed. That's
>a month of production to
>air. Kate taking the
>sextuplets to the beach, Jon
>having Cara and Mady riding
>in the go-cart, and whatever
>was being filmed this weekend
>that led to the hospital
>trip -- I wouldn't be
>surprised if they have six
>episodes in the can.
>
>4) Kate would do absolutely
>anything to stay on TV.
> If they told her
>that she could have her
>own TV show, and all
>she'd have to do would
>be to accept Satan as
>her savior, I believe she'd
>do it, despite her professed
>faith.
>
>5) I also disagree about
>the series being over.
>The episode that aired last
>night was the highest rated
>show in TLC history.
>All 40 episodes for this
>seasons will be made and
>will air.
>
>All in all, I guess I
>think every one of your
>points is incorrect.

Nope. I think you are wrong.

Kate pulled the plug on the show after one of the kids was injured under Jon's care on Father's day.

"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children,"
she said in a statement released by TLC on Tuesday.

Originally it was supposed to only be a separation but Jon's irresponsibility led to Kate going for divorce and putting it on hiatus.

Kate may be a discipliarian but Jon is unstable. Jon leaves the kids and stays out all night over at his mistresses house when Kate is on book tour. There are many reasons Jon won't get custody.

I think at this point Kate is really trying to do what is best for the kids, even if it means ending the show. Jon, just seems to be doing what is best for himself. His actions over the last 6 months speak louder than any words. Cheating on Kate has absolutley zero to do with helping the kids.

I don't always agree with Kate's methods of discipline and doing things but those things do benefit the kids or at least that is the intention.

06-24-09, 02:17 AM (EST)
5. "RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus"
>Originally it was supposed to only be a separation but Jon's
>irresponsibility led to Kate going for divorce and putting it
>on hiatus.

Prove it.

>Kate may be a discipliarian but Jon is unstable. Jon
>leaves the kids and stays out all night over at
>his mistresses house when Kate is on book tour.

Again, prove it.

>There are many reasons Jon won't get custody.

He won't ask for full custody. He'll ask for shared custody.

Kate is asking for full custody, which would give her control of all the money.

In general, most courts favor shared custody arrangements. If you have insider knowledge that Jon is unfit for shared custody, I'd love to know it, but that's what I expect will happen.

>I think at this point Kate is really trying to do
>what is best for the kids, even if it means
>ending the show.

I have seen no evidence of this. The one always talking about ending the show was Jon. Again, perhaps you have insider knowledge, but the public statements indicate that your claim is once again 100% inaccurate.

>Cheating on Kate has absolutley zero
>to do with helping the kids.

If they've been separated for two years, as Kate claims in her divorce filing, then it would be hard for me to call it cheating. YMMV.

>I don't always agree with Kate's methods of discipline and doing
>things but those things do benefit the kids or at least that is the intention.

I have seen little evidence of Kate ever thinking about the kids in terms of her disciplining them. I admit that reality TV is different from reality, but Kate seems like the ultimate "all-for-me and me-for-no one" woman. Really, if you like her, maybe TLC would let you have her, because I doubt anyone else wants anything to do with her.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus"
Agree.

I think TLC definitely needs time to regroup here.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •