The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Summaries"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Temptation Island Everything (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-03, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Summaries"
With another season of Temptation Island starting at the end of the month, we need some summary writers for the episodes. As you can see, the first season of TI had 7 episodes, but the second season had 12 episodes, so it's hard to be certain just how many episodes there will be in TI3 (although I think 7 or 8 is probably the maximum).

If you're interested in writing a summary of this show (which is, frankly, one of the most fun to summarize), please post a reply on this thread.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 More info AyaK 08-06-03 1
 RE: Summaries Devious Weasel 08-08-03 2
 RE: Summaries true 08-09-03 3
   Yep! AyaK 08-11-03 7
       RE: Yep! true 08-12-03 8
 RE: Summaries Canada Girl 08-09-03 4
 RE: Summaries I_AM_HE 08-10-03 5
 First three episodes AyaK 08-11-03 6
   RE: First three episodes Canada Girl 08-13-03 9
   Is there still a vacancy? Coconut 08-19-03 14
       OK AyaK 08-19-03 15
           Sure Coconut 08-19-03 16
 RE: Summaries StarryLuna 08-13-03 10
   so sad... StarryLuna 08-13-03 11
       That's OK... AyaK 08-13-03 12
           RE: That's Okay... StarryLuna 08-14-03 13
 slummaries sorgee 09-04-03 17
 Checking in on E2 AyaK 09-09-03 18
   RE: Checking in on E2 Canada Girl 09-10-03 19
 RE: Summaries AMAI 09-13-03 20
   RE: Summaries StarryLuna 09-22-03 21
       RE: Summaries Coconut 09-22-03 22
           RE: Summaries StarryLuna 09-22-03 23
               How about ... AyaK 09-24-03 24
                   RE: How about ... StarryLuna 09-24-03 25
                   RE: How about ... Coconut 09-25-03 26
 Just checking in... AyaK 10-01-03 27
   RE: Just checking in... StarryLuna 10-01-03 28
       RE: Just checking in... Coconut 10-01-03 29
           Sounds good to me... AyaK 10-01-03 30
               almost done StarryLuna 10-01-03 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-06-03, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "More info"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-03 AT 10:02 PM (EST)

OK, I guess it's a six-episode run --- but there are only 5 Thursdays listed in the time period, so one of the episodes may be a double or may be on a different night:

http://www.tvweek.com/topstorys/080403fox.html

A six-episode run of "Temptation Island 3" will begin Thursday, Aug. 28 at 9 p.m. and end Sept. 25, just as the other networks are premiering their new fall series.

So ... we're limited to six writers, and it may only be five once we finally learn the full schedule.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Summaries"
I'll volunteer. I'll even do the first.

The things we do for consideration on writing a Survivor summary.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-03, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Summaries"
I'm not here to sign up, sorry.

I did follow your link to past TI summaries though, and got a good laugh remembering this-

What happened to that show “Love Cruise” that was supposed to be on next that I heard so much about....where they ditch the couples and just have the hot singles go at it...now, that sounds like a show where ##### actually happens, unlike this piece of crap...FOX probably decided that it was actually “too good” and decided to scrap it for all these crappy shows...thanks.

I remember thinking this was an odd statement when I first read this summary. Too funny.

08-11-03, 07:34 PM (EST)
7. "Yep!"
I think that was the clue that did it for sleeeve too, when he deduced that shakes was a Love Cruise contestant in advance of shakes' big announcement. (BTW, Webby and I already knew, so we couldn't play...)

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-03, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Yep!"
Yeah, I guessed he had something to do with Love Cruise also, mainly because of the clues in his summaries. I'm still waiting for my tee shirt.

(nobody paid attention to newbies back then)

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-09-03, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Summaries"
I'm in if ya still like me. TI has always been my favorite to write summaries for.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-03, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Summaries"
Oi! well, i guess it's about time i tried my hand at summary writing, so i'll give it a go, just tell me when

08-11-03, 07:31 PM (EST)
6. "First three episodes"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-03 AT 10:44 PM (EST)

E1: Devious Weasel
E2: Canada Girl
E3: I_AM_HE
E4: Lunastarlight (StarryLuna)
E5: ??
E6: ??

I'm going to do one of the ?? episodes, because I love summarizing this trashy show, but we still have at least one vacancy.

08-13-03, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: First three episodes"
Great! I'm looking forward to it. TIT is the best to summarize and by then I'll be in fine summary writing form.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-03, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Is there still a vacancy?"
If there is, I would like to have a spot. Perhaps not the finale, though.

Trashwallow!

08-19-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
15. "OK"
Supposedly, there are six episodes compressed into 5 weeks. If so, you have episode 5, and I'll do episode 6. For now, though, we'll have to wait until we see the full schedule. OK?

08-19-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Sure"
That sounds fine. Thanks!

waiting with bated breath.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-13-03, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Summaries"
Oooh, ooh, ooh!!! Please let me re-cap an eppy. I almost fell off my couch tonight when I saw the commercial for TIT, I was THAT excited! You should have seen my fiance's face. I only wrote a re-cap once before, the second to last eppy of TI2 and LOVED doing it. Pick me, pick me!

08-13-03, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "so sad..."
I'm so sad that my DAW level is so low...I wish I could remember the password to my old screenname.

08-13-03, 10:43 PM (EST)
12. "That's OK..."
I still remember these line from your summary:

Rossi is wearing a dark suit for the funeral of his chances with Catherine. The date selection begins with Catherine who says the person she chose made her feel things she hasn’t felt in a really long time. I guess that means Edmundo’s equipment doesn’t quite compare with Size 14 Brian’s.

You have E4.

I wish I could remember the password to my old screenname

If you still have your old e-mail address, you can ask for the password to be reset and the new password to be sent to your e-mail. If not, let me know.

08-14-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
13. "RE: That's Okay..."
AyaK, I'm glad to see I made such a lasting impression on you. Thanks for E4! (sounds like a game of battleship... "E4!" "Oh, no, you sunk my battleship. Thank god my breasts can be used as flotation devices." -- Catherine

Anyway, my old screenname was set up with my college email address which, since I've graduated, is no longer active. So I'll just stick with my new name and work on becoming an even bigger DAW then I already was!

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-04-03, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "slummaries"
ok kids. i haven't been pulling my weight around here lately so i'm volunteering to do a slummary if i am needed.
(AyaK- please e-mail me if you add me to the slummary list. thanks.)

09-09-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
18. "Checking in on E2"
Just checking in to see how CanadaGirl is doing on the E2 summary....

09-10-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Checking in on E2"
it's up! wooho. Was like pulling teeth, I tell ya. Hope it turned out ok.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-13-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Summaries"
AyaK, please consider me a backup - it looks like you have a full lineup, but I'll be happy to fill in at the last minute if anyone runs into difficulty.

I've just begun watching this show, and indeed, it's a very funny show to recap.

09-22-03, 08:42 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Summaries"
AyaK - Since episodes 5 ad 6 are both two hours long, maybe we should split the episodes so each person only has to re-cap an hour? ;) Of course, this suggestion is really just a pathetic attempt for me to still get to re-cap an eppy! LOL

09-22-03, 09:15 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Summaries"

I'm doing ep. 5.. but I don't mind sharing or doing both, whatever is convenient.

Does anyone know offhand when Ep. 5 is? Is it still Thursday after Survivor?

We are the Beaver

09-22-03, 11:31 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Summaries"
Coconut - episode 5 is two hours long, starting at 8:00 pm this Thursday which means it will be going up against Survivor and Friends...some of us don't have enough VCRs!

09-24-03, 02:06 AM (EST)
24. "How about ..."
Since I filled in E4, why doesn't Coconut do the 2-hour E5 and StarryLuna do the 2-hour E6 finale?

09-24-03, 08:52 AM (EST)
25. "RE: How about ..."
Works for me! Thank you so much for writing the E4 summary, AyaK!

09-25-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
26. "RE: How about ..."
Sure, that works for me.

Pregnant Canadian space alien howler monkey. Really.

10-01-03, 02:17 PM (EST)
27. "Just checking in..."
Coconut, StarryLuna, I just wanted to know how it was coming in the summary department...

10-01-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Just checking in..."
As soon as I finish typing up a quiz for my students and some other notes for my classes, I'm going to snuggle down with my computer, some (preferably alcholic) beverage and the finale of TI to get the summary written. Should be up by Friday.

10-01-03, 06:01 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Just checking in..."

Okay. I'll try and get mine done tonight.. halfway there!

Inanely Humorous.

10-01-03, 06:37 PM (EST)
30. "Sounds good to me..."
Thanks!

10-01-03, 10:07 PM (EST)
31. "almost done"
I'm almost finished. All I have left to recap is Kristin and Eric's bonfire (which should take all of two seconds) and Stephanie and Anthony's bonfire (which will take a little longer since I first must learn their language so I can translate what they said.)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •