The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"*Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Temptation Island Everything (Protected)
Original message

rico2k 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-13-01, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rico2k Click to send private message to rico2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"*Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-01 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

what gives with the forum's name? A bit profane,sophomoric and idiotic to call a site referring to this show that almost every member of this forum obviously likes and enjoys watching. Will the author,creator of this site(forum) answer this question for me? Who else here believes such a name is inappropriate (and stupid) and desires it changed immediately? Am I the only one? -rico2k

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: *Why is this forum called Tempt... shanana banana 01-13-01 1
 RE: *Why is this forum called Tempt... SurvivorBlows 01-14-01 2
   RE: *Why is this forum called Tempt... rico2k 01-14-01 3
       Yo Rico! Monkeyboy 01-16-01 4
           RE: Yo Rico! Drive My Car 01-16-01 5
       RE: *Why is this forum called Tempt... Ginger1968 01-18-01 6
       Rico, Rico, Rico JCR 03-05-01 11
 RE: *Why is this forum called Tempt... novaheart 03-02-01 7
 RE: *Why is this forum called Tempt... jayelle1 03-02-01 8
   RE: *Why is this forum called Tempt... Monkeyboy 03-02-01 9
       RE: *Why is this forum called Tempt... Kokoro 03-03-01 10
           RE: *Why is this forum called Tempt... brishen 06-11-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-13-01, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: *Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
You must be new.....

Have you ever heard of irony? I quote from Webster's: Irony - a method of humorous or subtly sarcastic expression in which the intended meaning of the words is the direct opposite of their usual sense (the irony of calling a stupid plan "clever")

Obviously, most of the people posting here consider watching TI a guilty pleasure. I'm not sure I qualify, since I was watching West Wing and only switched over during the commercials (but I think I got the gist of it) Anyway, I think most people will find that although the show really does suck, it's still fun to watch.

Of course, I'm sure there are also people who really think the show does suck, and therefore would be posting here appropriately.

Enjoy!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-14-01, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: *Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
Hi Rico...

First, it's not the forum's name, its the website's name and domain name. Second, see shanana's response. I'd add to her response that FillInTheBlankSucks.com has become a pretty common branding of late with built in name recognization and understanding. ...well, at least its understood by MOST people, yourself apparently being one of the exceptions.

It's not going to be changed... for starters, we're not going to pay more money to register another domain name, we're happy with the one we have.

If you don't like it and feel it's too profane, sophomoric, idiotic, and stupid (um, hello -- you think the name of this SITE is profane, sophomoric, idiotic, and stupid, but not premise of the show itself?) then don't visit and go start another site called ILoveTemptationIsland.com

If it turns out you decide you can deal with the site name, welcome aboard, otherwise sorry you didn't like the site...

rico2k 7 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-01, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rico2k Click to send private message to rico2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: *Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
Thank u for the responses, although I dont accept both of your reasonings as a justifiable title for this forum. It is a long stretch to say the least. I understand "irony", but believe me "irony" is not the first explanation that comes to a prospective web surfer's mind when he/she comes across this forum after extensively searching for a site related to Temptation Island. It surely wasn't in my mind when I came across it initially. Anyone (any thinking person that is) would think that this forum suggests the bashing, dislike,insult and overall negative attitude towards the show. The word "sucks" initially connotes "dislike" towards anything.(yes,"anything Alice") Pull up a dictionary if you think otherwise. I'll ignore the site's name, and see what it has to offer.--rico2k

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-16-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Yo Rico!"
Actually, it got its name because "WheelOfFortuneSucks.com" was already taken and didn't seem very appropriate.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-16-01, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Yo Rico!"
LOL, Monkeyboy

Ginger1968 8 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-01, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ginger1968 Click to send private message to Ginger1968 Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: *Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
Read the archives on the OT board. This board was created because Survivorsucks.com closed their registration for awhile. There was a big fuss, for a while, between the two boards because of the apparent similarities, and this board copying screen names from ss.com. This site is "nicer" than ss.com, as far as the shows go, but if you want some real bashing of reality shows you should go to ss.com.

JCR 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-05-01, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JCR Click to send private message to JCR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Rico, Rico, Rico"
It's obvious to most of us here (little Jayelle being the obvious exception) that you don't just don't get it. Shanana and the webmaster have tried explaining it to you, but obviously they didn't speak s-l-o-w-l-y enough to permeate the ozone haze hovering around what I imagine must be an extremely heavily aqua-netted mullet. So I'll try.

It's kind of like a joke, see. A little joke on ourselves. We watch the show, we just think it sucks. Sort of like how it sucks to be driving down the street and see a car wreck, but you look at it anyway. Do you get that? The show sucks but we like it anyway and watch it anyway. GET IT??? But we hate that we watch it, which makes us cranky so we write bad things about it (because it SUCKS!) and that makes us feel better.

OK? Now if you don't like that and/or still can't understand it, A) you're even more dumb than your screen name suggests and B) you're free to get back in your IROC Z28 and head back to Queens.

JCR

novaheart 12 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-01, 05:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail novaheart Click to send private message to novaheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: *Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
Who else here believes such a name is inappropriate (and stupid) and desires it changed immediately? Am I the only one?

Guess what rico, you are the only one.

jayelle1 10 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-01, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jayelle1 Click to send private message to jayelle1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: *Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
I completely agree Rico. I posted something over at SurvivorBlows and was told that if I find the show boring (translated: if I don't like the show) I shouldn't watch, and I imagine the inference was also to not bother posting here. So, I've got the same question: Why call it Temptation IslandSucks and SurvivorBlows if most of the people here really like/enjoy these shows?

Got me beat. I came here to bag the crap out of 'em and have a laugh.

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-01, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: *Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
The name is VERY appropriate....because Temptation Island DID suck in a huge way!

If I had to listen to Andy or Valerie for one more minute.....

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-03-01, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: *Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
Not that I watched more than two episodes, but that is very accurate....The Mole was riveting television compared to this drivel.

brishen 12 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-01, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brishen Click to send private message to brishen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: *Why is this forum called Temptation IslandSucks.com?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-01 AT 01:58 AM (EST)

sorry..posted by accident

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •