The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coast Update Thread "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-07, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coast Update Thread "
Wasn't able to get on the site until just now.

Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until it airs on the West Coast

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coas... Snidget 10-31-07 1
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coas... Agman2 01-15-16 27
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coas... Snidget 10-31-07 2
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coas... Snidget 10-31-07 3
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coas... Snidget 10-31-07 4
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coas... Sunny_Bunny 10-31-07 5
           RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coas... Snidget 10-31-07 6
 I*heart*Jared SurvivaBear 11-01-07 7
   RE: I*heart*Jared brvnkrz 11-01-07 8
       RE: I*heart*Jared geg6 11-01-07 9
           RE: I*heart*Jared brvnkrz 11-01-07 12
               RE: I*heart*Jared geg6 11-01-07 13
   RE: I*heart*Jared byoffer 11-01-07 10
       RE: I*heart*Jared brvnkrz 11-01-07 11
           RE: I*heart*Jared michel 11-01-07 14
   RE: I*heart*Jared ilovetv143 11-01-07 16
       RE: I*heart*Jared tidefan1987 11-02-07 17
   RE: I*heart*Jared CTgirl 11-02-07 18
   No way! true 11-05-07 19
       RE: No way! geg6 11-05-07 20
           RE: No way! true 11-05-07 21
               RE: No way! geg6 11-06-07 22
                   RE: No way! mattben 11-06-07 23
                   RE: No way! true 11-07-07 26
       RE: No way! gofrank151 11-07-07 24
           RE: No way! Snidget 11-07-07 25
 Economic adjustments. Estee 11-01-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-31-07, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coast Update Thread "
1st half hour.

Money issues in town. The council leaders can go up into the mines and get additional money. They buy stuff at the General Store for everyone to use rather than distribute it individually.

Showdown. Slingshot golden eggs and catch with a large circular thing.

Blue team rocks and wins the upper class and wins the reward for the town.
Yellow gets merchants, green gets kitchen, red gets laborer.

Choice Washing Machines that are 20 cents a load or a new outfit for everyone and free period washing machines to help with the laundry.

They get the clothes and manual washing machines

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Agman2 1593 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-15-16, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coast Update Thread "
This is soooo boring up til now! How the ##### do you watch this bullshit?

10-31-07, 08:53 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coast Update Thread "
Jared is woodburning with a magnifying glass and makes necklaces out of them for 10 cents each.

10-31-07, 08:58 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coast Update Thread "
Nathan seems to work to hard and he's been having issues with Greg.

Greg apologizes to him for that and acknowledges him for working hard.

Greg thinks Nathan deserves it. One of the girls (Divad?) on the red team is making signs for the gold star.

Greg doesn't like her making signs and bribing people with food. The council calls people in to give their nominations for gold star.

10-31-07, 09:00 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coast Update Thread "
They are between Farrow and Nathan. They think Farrow is just working for the gold star where Nathan works because that is what he wants to do.

Sunny_Bunny 5596 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-07, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coast Update Thread "
Has Taylors story arc stopped Snidge?

10-31-07, 09:10 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #7 East Coast Update Thread "
She had a couple of confessionals, but not much drama this episode.

Nathan gets the gold star. Calls Mom and asks what he would get for working hard at home, which would also be a gold star. He tells Mom the difference is this one is real gold and worth $20K.

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-01-07, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I*heart*Jared"
I know this has been said by others, but I loved this little kid tonight. He was enterprising in a very creative way. He did not get into the gung-ho braggadocio before the challenge ("I am excited. I'm just not showing it."). He got angry and competitive, but apologized for his behavior. He gets my vote for a gold star.

Beware the Bear

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-07, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
I'm with you, Bear. This quirky little kid is cracking me up. He's just the cutest little, strange little boy and I'm loving him.
So glad it wasn't the Taylor show tonight.

RIP, Bill Walsh

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-07, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
I think I've made it clear that he's mine. Neither you or Bear can have him. I claimed him from the start.

He's the most adorablest thing ever. He makes ME want a child. *shudder* But only if it's him.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

11-01-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
LOL. I said to GF last night "I want to be related to him. I don't want him as my kid but I want to be related to him."

May I just borrow him every other weekend?
He really is the weirdest little boy I've ever encountered. I like that.

RIP, Bill Walsh

11-01-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
Okay, you can have him every other weekend.

I'll need a social life, I guess.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-07, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
After the pimpin' outfit from last night's show, I say we dub Jared HuggyBear.

11-01-07, 10:01 AM (EST)
11. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
*snort* He was too cute last night. Totally played the part.

RIP, Bill Walsh

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
You mean you guys liked that bully? You liked that kid who found a way to get the hard earned money of others? You liked the guy who paraded in his new clothes all over town? The guy who couldn't get too excited for a competition?

I understand. I also really enjoyed his quirkiness! He craks me up every time.

ilovetv143 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-01-07, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ilovetv143 Click to send private message to ilovetv143 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
Jared was awesome tonight.! He is too funny. Best Week Ever posted an article about giving him a spin off, with clips of last night show. Check it out. http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007/11/01/can-we-please-give-jared-his-own-show/

tidefan1987 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-02-07, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tidefan1987 Click to send private message to tidefan1987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
Jared is just a riot. I recently found out that he is the son of someone I lived up the street from growing up and my kids go to school with his cousins. I cannot wait to talk to his grandmother and find out more about his time in Bonanza City.

CTgirl 7603 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-07, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I*heart*Jared"
I just watched the show last night and have got to get on the Jared bandwagon too. He is the star of Kid Nation! "Peace and Love," "Holy Banana Bread," and "I have a bonfire in my pocket and it's burning to be spent." Then when he went strolling through town in that pimp'sdapper outfit, I was LMAO! (Was that a girl's hat he chose??!!)

I also really like Greg too. He's so normal in a town of quirky, bright, odd and unique children.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "No way!"
Yikes! That Jared is freaky weird and will probably grow up to be a unibomber type. I am really out of sync with the board on this program. He scares the carp out of me.

I thought this weeks show was boooring without Taylor. A bunch of goody two shoes trying to phoney their way into winning a gold star. *yawn* Potato girl took the prize for most obnoxious phoney ever. At least Taylor hasn't lowered herself to groveling for the gold star.

I don't know where they found most of these kids. They are the oddest bunch of weirdos I've ever seen, and being around here for the past several years, I've seen a lot of weirdos. ;) Then again, I guess it makes sense that this show attracted such an oddball cast, since I can't imagine a normal parent that would use their kid in such hideous DAW fashion.

11-05-07, 04:28 PM (EST)
20. "RE: No way!"
Wow.

You obviously have never met any children or parents. These might be the least DAW kids I've ever come across.

And Jared is the the shizzle.

11-05-07, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: No way!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-07 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

Wow yourself.

You missed my point entirely. (ETA- I clearly said the parents used these kids in DAW fashion, not that all the kids were DAWS, although some of them clearly are DAWs.)

To spell it out further-
The kid's PARENTS are the DAWs for putting these kids on a reality tv show. No 9 year old, or even younger should be put on display in a reality tv program. Child actors are diffrent, obviously. They're playing a role. These kids will have their real lives scrutinized forever. Just look at some of the posts on this site, and I'm sure places like sucks are even worse. NO child should be subject to that. It borders abuse, and only uber-DAW parents would put their kids on a show like this. Do you really think Tayor will enjoy hearing "deal with it" for the rest of her childhood years and beyond? I'm sure she'll take a lot more abuse, and so will some of the others. I feel sorry for these kids, and hope they adjust when the limelight fades. Their DAW parents should be ashamed of themselves.

11-06-07, 12:15 PM (EST)
22. "RE: No way!"
Perhaps. I can agree with you that some of these parents may be DAWs themselves. I just don't see the difference between what these DAW parents have done compared to what I see done by DAW parents IRL every day of the week. In fact, I'd argue that at least the KN parents have provided their children with an extremely valuable and worthwhile learning experience that they will most likely use as a positive example for life in things like communal organization, political activism, working and acting for the common good, decision-making, financial literacy, and...well, just so many things that can only make a child a better adult. And a little public humiliation is good for soul, as my mother always put it. Perhaps Taylor has learned a little humility from seeing herself acting so badly. It was always the situations in which my parents publicly humiliated me that were most effective in getting me to act properly. I really think Taylor, if she is the great kid we've had hints she could be if she gave herself the chance, wouldn't be emotionally scarred from her experience but would learn and profit from it. I've certainly never and never met anyone who profited in maturity by being coddled, allowed to act in the most spoiled and self-centered fashion, and never had to confront personal bad behavior and its consequences.

I see nothing at all abusive about this in any way. YMMV, but I cannot imagine making that leap in reasoning myself.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-06-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: No way!"
I'm with you on this, geg6. Think of it as sending the kids to Reality Camp.

Pretty much 180 degrees on things political, though.

11-07-07, 10:01 PM (EST)
26. "RE: No way!"
Sorry, I've been tied up or I'd have responded earlier.

> I just don't see
>the difference between what these
>DAW parents have done compared
>to what I see done
>by DAW parents IRL every
>day of the week.

Well, if you don't see the difference between being on a reality tv show and real life, I don't know how to explain it to you. I'd say being witnessed by a few million people is a huge difference.

>In fact, I'd argue that
>at least the KN parents
>have provided their children with
>an extremely valuable and worthwhile
>learning experience that they will
>most likely use as a
>positive example for life in
>things like communal organization, political
>activism, working and acting for
>the common good, decision-making, financial
>literacy, and...well, just so many
>things that can only make
>a child a better adult.

Perhaps, but I think this could be accomplished without whoring the kids out on teevee.

> And a little public
>humiliation is good for soul,
>as my mother always put
>it.

Was this before or after you got yer whoopin? A little public humiliation is one thing, but national humiliation is quite another.

Perhaps Taylor has
>learned a little humility from
>seeing herself acting so badly.

What a kewl lesson for a 9 year old. Parade them on tv and let them get forever branded as a total brat! That'll teach 'em. *puhleeze*

> It was always the
>situations in which my parents
>publicly humiliated me that were
>most effective in getting me
>to act properly.

Yikes! I'm sure child rearing experts worldwide would go right along with those kindof parenting tactics. Reminds me of that old program James at 15 (or was it 16) where he wet the bed and his parents hung the sheets out his window for the whole neighborhood to see. Nothing like some good old fashioned public humiliation! Wooooooo!

I
>really think Taylor, if she
>is the great kid we've
>had hints she could be
>if she gave herself the
>chance, wouldn't be emotionally scarred
>from her experience but would
>learn and profit from it.

I hope so, but there are enough "child star" horror stories to make me think otherwise.

> I've certainly never and
>never met anyone who profited
>in maturity by being coddled,
>allowed to act in the
>most spoiled and self-centered fashion,
>and never had to confront
>personal bad behavior and its
>consequences.

I've met plenty of kids who grew up just fine without being taught life lessons on, or having been humiliated on national tv! YMMV.

>
>I see nothing at all abusive
>about this in any way.
> YMMV, but I cannot
>imagine making that leap in
>reasoning myself.

Well, clearly from where you're coming from, I can understand why you'd feel that way.

champagne doesn't stay bubbly after pigs fly.

gofrank151 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-07-07, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gofrank151 Click to send private message to gofrank151 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: No way!"
DAW...

someone want to clue me in?

11-07-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
25. "RE: No way!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-07 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

Next to the screen name at the top of each post.

See the # and first three words after the #?

That is what a DAW is.

The various levels under your name are things that DAW's who were on reality TV shows have done after the show was over to extend their 15 minutes of fame.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-07, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Economic adjustments."
Forty cents for a wash-and-dry? That's stagecoach robbery!

...y'know, it's been a little too easy to get on the buffalo nickel standard...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •