The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"*waits patiently*"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Original message

foonermints 13218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"*waits patiently*"
For the flaming tumbleweed of kid nation to blow away. Will there be a Kid Nation II? Where? Will they have to sign a longer consent form?

As much fun as it may have been, and I'm sorry there wasn't enough air time for many of the kids, I'm just not sure about the responsibilities of the creators.

So kill me.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: *waits patiently* mysticwolf 12-12-07 1
 RE: *waits patiently* batts 12-13-07 2
   RE: *waits patiently* Agman2 01-15-16 11
 RE: *waits patiently* kingfish 12-13-07 3
 RE: *waits patiently* MizJazmine 12-14-07 4
   RE: *waits patiently* syren 12-14-07 5
       RE: *waits patiently* brvnkrz 12-14-07 6
       RE: *waits patiently* geg6 12-14-07 7
       RE: *waits patiently* Snidget 12-14-07 8
       RE: *waits patiently* byoffer 12-14-07 9
           *questions sincerity* foonermints 12-16-07 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: *waits patiently*"
So far KN2 is evidently still up in the air. They did application, interviews, and supposedly cast for one, the production crew, etc. is set, but they haven't actually filmed, so speculation that I've seen is that it's very likely and that it would certainly be an easy one to move forward with if they needed a filler at some point. (I'm thinking, lets see what the reaction to this one is combined with a hedge against a prolonged writer's strike.)

One interesting side note. According to what I read there was one major difference between casting for KN1 and KN2. For KN2 all of the kids, and their parents, were required to have valid passports. Hmmmm.

I've liked this one well enough I'd certainly watch another season.

"Silent Night. Holy Night. All is calm..."
Thanks to Tribe.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-13-07, 06:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: *waits patiently*"
Hey, they did The Real Gilligans Island II...

Its owwwnnn , Lak a Chicken Bone!

Agman2 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-15-16, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: *waits patiently*"
I want Ginger, I want Ginger, I want Ginger

kingfish 18702 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-07, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: *waits patiently*"
Yeah, that consent form seems to be pretty one-sided. The producers could sell the kids into slavery without repercussions. But now that they have proven to the grownups that kids can rule themselves (they really didn't learn that much, did they, the lesson should have been that no one can rule themselves, but oh well..), now they should next form a kid labor union.

And go on strike. By Jiminey.

Throw bean bags at strike breaking scabs that the network goons hire to replace them as they showup for work.

I was entertained enough to tune in when I could, but they (the producers) will have to vary something. Once was enough for me if all they will be is cute kids behaving like kids. A One Trick Pony show.

The ending did have it's heartstring twanging parts. I remember as a pre-grade school kid crying my eyes out when my parents left me at summer camp (one week) with strangers, and crying my eyes out again when they picked me up again and took me from my best friends.

And for the parents, reuniting with your kid after forty+ days... well... that's extreme emotion. Young children aren't often separated from their parents for that long a period.

But the earnest "We proved that kids have brains, and aren't just dumb kids" declarations were hard to watch even knowing that it was most likely prompted by the producers.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-14-07, 04:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: *waits patiently*"
Well after seeing the finale, I was like ho-hum. It was what it was. Just for the record, I didn't like the little Jared kid and did not find him amusing at all. As a matter of fact he was the one that made me question what kinda psych eval did they give these kids and if he hasn't had one yet...he's due. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if down the road he was diagnosed with a particular mental illness. I wouldn't be surprised one bit (whew...glad I got that off my chest). I don't think KN is something I'll watch again BUT I did have the thought that I think it would make a cool Saturday morning show for kids. I know I've come across some kinda "Survivor" type show or something like that for kids on Saturday mornings. I think KN would fit right in with that target population.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-07, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: *waits patiently*"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-07 AT 11:45 AM (EST)

Personally, I adored Jared. I thought he was an extremely intelligent, funny little boy.

As far as "particular mental illness" most of our smartest contributions have been made by people in history who have been deemed as having mental illnesses.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-07, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: *waits patiently*"
*sits with Syren* I'm sure Geg will be along at some point to sit with us, too.
Jared was an absolute hoot. mental illness or not.

Nothing says Holiday Joy like a Brestee sigpic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-07, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: *waits patiently*"
*plops down next to Syren and Bravie*

If Jared is an example of a kid with mental illness, then I say that it would be a good thing to figure out how to give a lot more kids that particular mental illness.

Personally, I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would say such a thing. He seemed pretty damn well adjusted to me, especially considering the fact that he is probably in the top tier of IQ scores. Despite his obvious intelligence, he seemed to make friends easily, had a terrific sense of humor, a slightly devilish sense of adventure, and a normal level of preadolescent angst and temper. If that's mental illness, well, I'm okay with that.

Loved, loved, loved Jared.

"A single zealot may commence persecutor, and better men be his victims."-- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-07, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: *waits patiently*"
Can I sit here?

Maybe it's the English in me but I simply adore quirky. I didn't see any mental instability just a very intelligent kid with a highly developed, if just a bit warped, sense of humor.

So far the system and his peers haven't been able to beat the individuality out of him, and I hope they never do.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: *waits patiently*"
*sits on bench with Syren, Bravie, Geggy, and Snidge*

Sure, I liked Jared, but my reason for sitting is mostly the good company on this bench!

foonermints 13218 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-07, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "*questions sincerity*"
"She said don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself."

Handcrafted by RollDice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •