The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-07, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Please keep all discussion of the revolution/elections on this thread until the show has aired on the West Coast.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... Snidget 11-21-07 1
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... Snidget 11-21-07 2
 Segment 3 Snidget 11-21-07 3
   So can we call them... byoffer 11-21-07 5
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... Snidget 11-21-07 4
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... Snidget 11-21-07 6
 Next week. Snidget 11-21-07 7
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... Puffy 11-21-07 8
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... byoffer 11-21-07 9
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... Snidget 11-22-07 10
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... michel 11-22-07 11
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... sharnina 11-23-07 12
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... Sunny_Bunny 11-23-07 13
           RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... sharnina 11-24-07 17
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... jbug 11-23-07 16
           RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... Sunny_Bunny 11-24-07 18
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... RudyRules 11-23-07 14
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... Snidget 11-23-07 15
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coa... mattben 11-24-07 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-21-07, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Recap of last week.
Let Me Talk is the name of the episode.

Zach gives speech first. He says he is doing a good job and can progress more.

Blaine. Things get done better if the leaders motivate, I will motivate you guys to get up and get working.

Guylan says vote me out.
DK on the council if no one objects. He is about teamwork.

Green district.

Laurel. I really do love this job and love to do the best I can and I think I've been doing that and I hope people agree with me.

Michael. This is coming from my heart, I love all of you and I want to test myself and see if I can make this a better place.

Blue.
Anjay. There is a lot on my plate and look at my whole track record and give me a second chance.
Greg. I may have a bad past, but maybe this is my chance to show I'm not a bad guy.

Voting time.

Wow this is fast all at the same meeting.

Guylan steps down and DK on the council. Mike says its not so easy is it.

Green district
Winner by 6-3 is Michael.

Yellow district.

At least this time he isn't torturing them with the votes.
Winner by 5-4 is Blaine.

Will it be a clean sweep.

Blue district
Winner by a vote of 7-2 is Greg.

It is a clean sweep.

Anjay says he did what he did for the best of the time. Greg says he knows they think Bonanza city is gonna burn, but he will do the best for the city.

Laurel says Bonaza city will crash and burn. Mike (first red leader) is scared with Greg and Blaine on the council.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-21-07, 08:35 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Laural and Sophia talking. She says it is the worst case scenario. They are both worried. Someone won the presidential elections with no background check.

Zach getting really homesick.

DK talking with the rest of the council that the problem in the town is respect. Blaine says they should do an exercise they did in school where everyone gets to talk.

Laurel realizes she has no say in anything, poor thing.

Guylan and Anjay talking about how they have no idea what they are in for.

They call a meeting in the saloon. They tell them they are going to play the communication game. Have to let everyone talk. They think it is funny they are the ones to talk about respect.

Name, where from, and say something.

Natasha does and Oh My God during one of the girls talking so they start over.

Someone says happy birthday to michael and we start over.

Jared says the respect game sucked like och.

Follow the rules and just deal with it. Sophia doesn't like the tone of the council during this.

Michael says to the green team that he should have pulled them out. I don't think the most disrespectful person should be the one to promote respect says Laure.

Blaine and Greg are eavesdropping on the green girls dorm while they are talking about them.

Greg was offended by it and says he will pay them back. So Greg, DK and Blaine are going to sit in the middle of town and compliment people.

Now they want them working instead of sitting in the middle of town all day.

Greg confronting Michael and Michael says Let Me Talk. DK says they think they think they are better than everyone else and we need to be part of the town. They are thinking about giving the gold star to nobody.

Michal is pulled away as he says I'm sorry you don't get the point.

Laurel starts to see we are a town and not just a district when Sophia says as long as I have you guys I don't care about anyone else.

11-21-07, 08:50 PM (EST)
3. "Segment 3"
Green team,Michael says he needs to find a way to work with these guys.

They all meat and Michael says they have to talk. Greg says he wants them to be a team and be the best they can be. He says he shouldn't have listened in and he apologizes. Michael says he will see if this works or not.

They try to get Taylor to help with water, but she is playing with dough. Greg wants to see her succeed. If you don't work you don't get the benefits of the rewards. She says she is going home anyway. Randi left and since she didn't stick it out I'm going home to is what she says. It ends with her saying she is not going to work, not right now, no.

Showdown. Communication is a problem, and still a problem today.

Starts with a whole bunch of pies. Need to hoist 6 pies to the loading tower to pie holders. Then two kids with a pie holder to get the pie to the other side. Slide to the council member.

Dig through the pies and there is some form of communication device picture. Put in order they invented. They have 30 minutes.

Wow that looks hard.

Blue gets the first pie across Then Green and Yellow.

The transport from tower to tower is with very long poles while walking on a balance beam.

Yellow has 3
Emily slowing blue down by eating the pies.

Blue gets their last pie.

Green has flag first, but not in right order.
Blue has flag and they are in order so they are the upper class.

Yellow gets their last pie.

Green has it's pies in order and is the merchant class.

Yellow trying to get them in order when Red gets last pie.

Blaine put TV first so is wrong. Zach yelling out the order but Blain doesn't agree. Red has flag up. But they are wrong order.

Blaine finally gets it right and Yellow is the cooks.

Mike yelling at red, and DK yelling back that Mike was wrong. DK thought it would be was easy but now it is the most stressful thing he's ever done

Cut to break before we know if they get the reward.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-07, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "So can we call them..."
Pie-oneers?

LOL about them eating while competing.

11-21-07, 08:59 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Red has it and Bonanza city wins the reward.

Reward choices. Original bonanza city they communicated between towns with the pony express. So they get ponies. They can haul stuff or look cute.

Choice 2. Actual letters from home.

Council figure out what it is going to be.

Having trouble deciding.

They say they will take the ponies, and throw them out the window. They are passing out letters.

They call Taylor up last. Will she promise to work hard and overcome the reputation she has. She says she will so she gets her letter. Greg said they couldn't keep that reward from her.

Everyone laughing and showing each other their letters. Taylor says she is going to stick it out.

Laurel's brother admits that he missed her.
Awwww the letters are so cute.

Greg's cousin got shipped out to Iraq while he was there.

Day 31. Laurel feels she isn't important and she just wants to go home and not deal with it.

11-21-07, 09:08 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Town Hall Meeting.

Show of hands approve of the council, not approve show hands.

Hunter talks about the fall out of the respect thing. Anjay says they have free speech.

Greg doesn't see why everything he says is so insulting and disrespectful. Lots of people giving him feedback about what he does. They think he is being defensive. DK tells him to just listen to people for a moment.

Greg says if 50% want me to go home I will go home. They don't want him to go home, just change. Host steps in and asks Greg if he is going to change. He can see where he hasn't always been right.

Is there anyone that wants to go home. Nobody.

Laurel says now she doesn't want to go home and this was a wake up call.

Gold Star award.

Greg says there was talk about giving it to no one, but that isn't right. They are giving it to Laurel. She wants a hug from them. Greg wants and individual hug. Has a nice talk with Mom. She says it was the best moment of her life.

11-21-07, 09:10 PM (EST)
7. "Next week."
The kids are determined to start their own school. Taylor hates school and hates reading.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-07, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "

Thanks for posting the update thread!

©Snidget siggie shop, 2007

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-07, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
I didn't like the show tonight, but then again I rarely like TV that involves a whole lot of people yelling at each other.

Geez, is Greg ever Jekyll and Hyde!

11-22-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
He sure does oscillate. Hopefully his moods will stabilize out. He does seem to be in a bit of testosterone overdrive. Hopefully he is seeing how his aggression effects other people and he can't expect people to treat him better than he treats others.

At least the seem to want to figure out how to come together as a town, they just don't have a lot of tools to get there effectively.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-07, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Did they elect a town council or choose gang leaders? I wasn't expecting much from Greg and Blaine but I was disappointed in DK. I thought he'd provide some balance but he joined right in. Micheal talks a good game but he doesn't have the game to balance out the other 3. Wasn't the first council better balanced? They had 3 probable "A" students and the fiery Taylor. Now we have a class bully with two followers and a lost Micheal. I suppose you always get the government you deserve. I blame the district by district election method. I hope the new council learns fast.

Why did Laurel win the Gold Star? Was it for her former job on the council? I guess so, but it would have been nice to hear the council's reasons and alternatives.

Emily eating the pies, the Pie-onneer Pie fight and ex-councillor Mike's snarky remarks were fun.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-23-07, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
I completely agree with you about DK. I was so stunned and disappointed by his behavior when they were sitting in the middle of the street cat-calling to the girls. And then he starts screaming at people and playing right along with Greg and Blaine. It was really painful to watch.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-07, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-07 AT 02:12 AM (EST)

You know, it was very interesting last night. In past episodes, the drama was instigated by the adults tossing flies into the ointment by inserting "hot button" ideas into the journal. But last night, the new council never looked at the journal. Chaos ensued entirely on its own based on the personalities of the new Council.

Shows how one bad election can indeed muck up utopia.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-24-07, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Yep, DH mentioned the fact that there was no visit to the journal this episode.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-07, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Those 3 completely missed or just don't know the meaning of compliments! Cat calls at the girls is just NOT what the green team was speaking of. Did Greg not know the difference?
That was a sad scene, purely sad.

'Getting older softens you into learning that love, kindness, and forgiveness are far more important than one's opinion.' Sagebrush Dan

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-07, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
Considering what brought that silly act up in the first place, they knew exactly what they were doing. The point was to rankle feathers, not not to promote good will.

They should not have been eavesdropping in the first place - any time someone does that they are not looking for truth; they are looking for something that reinforces whatever negative they are looking for. They got what they wanted, and then went out of their way to be obnoxious to the "offenders."

Doesn't say much for their leadership ability. But then neither did:

1. Ganging up on Taylor when she clearly WAS doing something productive. The girl had what appeared to be dough on her hands and was doing something, just not what they were deeming "important" work.

2. Yelling at Michael simply because he refused to join in with their particular brand of leadership after that first dumb plan.

3. That stupid respect seminar idea - especially considering that they all knew that Greg was the last person qualified to moan about disrespectful behavior.

It did, however, quite effectively show the major leadership flaws of Blaine and DK. Unlike Michael, they simply fell in line behind Greg rather than risk his being angry with them.

The only thing that really saved the councils behinds this episode was the fact that they all got letters from home. And even that was done rather sneakily - I got the impression that Greg brought up the ponies first, watched the reactions, and then quickly "switched" to the letters after seeing all those faces fall at the word pony. LOL

I doubt this particular council will last long, as there are to many other kids who will balk at their strong-arm tactics.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-07, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
So it DID air?!? On Wednseday night?
My local affiliate did not have it on!
Sounds like aI missed a great episode.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

11-23-07, 07:10 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
I've occasionally had an affiliate pull that on me.

CBS.com does have the full episode online.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-24-07, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #10 East Coast Update Thread "
My Verizon FiOS On Demand has it. the "Broadcast Primetime" folder has just CBS and some NBC shows, no ABC, Fox, or other networks. CBS has the CSIs, NCIS, Kid Nation, Survivor, Numb3rs, but, curiously, no TAR. NBC just makes available 30 Rock, Bionic Woman, Friday Night Lights, Las Vegas, and Life.

More and more of the networks do put their shows up online.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •